• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off topic : If there's anyone there with Smash bros Crusade, there's this black loading screen I can't seem to get through. Any solutions?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
It's a problem, because the 3DS has an extremely enticing library (Awakening, X&Y, Dream Team, LM:DM, etc.) and the Wii U has Pikmin 3 (Amazing game for sure) and SM3DW. They're great games, but they aren't system sellers.
I'm not sure about Pikmin 3, but SM3DW seems to be a system seller.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I've played it myself, and yeah I can see why it's not exactly a system seller. It's BORING.
Really? I've heard nothing but praise about it from reviewers and consumers (including people on Smashboards). To each his own I guess.

It's not selling like crazy though.
True
I've played it myself, and yeah I can see why it's not exactly a system seller. It's BORING.
Actually, the reason it didn't sell well, honestly I can't explain it.

General opinion, it's *near* perfect or just an outright incredible game but it didn't save the Wii U. Maybe Japan dislikes the Wii U or the consoles. I can't say they dislike Mario because that's the biggest bull**** like saying that the game was boring :troll: in the history of human existence.

Oh and Mario 3D Land was a success in terms of sales so.... Yeah. It has nothing to do with getting tired with Mario either. I don't know.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
SM3DW is a system seller.

It's just not enough on its own.

Personally, I think the Wii U has a bunch of fun games...

1st Party:

Pikmin 3
Super Mario 3D World
Wii U Party
NintendoLand
Wind Waker HD
Wonderful 101
Debateably New Super Mario Bros U & Super Luigi U

3rd Party:
Sonic Lost World
Monster Hunter Tri
Rayman Legends

These are all great games. But out of those, the only two that can sell consoles are Monster Hunter (in Japan only) and Super Mario 3D World.

The rest won't do things by themselves.

Together, they can maybe sway some minds but unless you're a fanboy, you won't buy a console for just one amazing game and some other good games. You need multiple amazing games.

On another note...

Is it just me or are there a lot more Playstation and Xbox fanboys recently? Not just people who like the brand, but straight up fanboys.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord

1. That's just your opinion which is very far from the opinion of most people who've played it. Whatever reason the game's not selling, it's not because of it's reputation.
2. Ah-ha-ha-ha-ha, as if being boring ever stopped a game from being a system seller.

1. That's just your opinion which is very far from the opinion of most people who've played it. Whatever reason the game's not selling, it's not because of it's reputation.

2. Ah-ha-ha-ha-ha, as if being boring ever stopped a game from being a system seller.

1) Pretty much that. Mario has a good reputation-- Hands down. Haba/Xeno isn't really a Mario guy (An ultra rare occasion)
2) Mario 3D World as of now is not doing well in sales. It can be a system seller but it's not showing right now

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I was once a Mario fan, but the series has been so streamlined that there isn't anything to praise. Nothing is revolutionary, nothing is fresh, nothing is sacred, and the games baby you like you're mentally handicap or something. It all feels like a cheap cash in on idiots who will buy a Mario product regardless of the quality.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Is it just me or are there a lot more Playstation and Xbox fanboys recently? Not just people who like the brand, but straight up fanboys.
I've noticed not so much more fanboys, but I've noticed a lot more people speaking poorly of Nintendo and highly of Sony and Microsoft because they seem to have the mentality that if a game franchise is so many years old or has so many games it instantly becomes a piece of crap.

I was once a Mario fan, but the series has been so streamlined that there isn't anything to praise. Nothing is revolutionary, nothing is fresh, nothing is sacred, and the games baby you like you're mentally handicap or something. It all feels like a cheap cash in on idiots who will buy a Mario product regardless of the quality.
The Galaxy games were revolutionary.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
...I bought it for Rosalina.

Some part of me feels no shame at all.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
On another note...

What, you mean out of users here or something? I don't know then if that's the case.

...I bought it for Rosalina.

Some part of me feels no shame at all.
She's partly why I'll eventually get it too, and no part of me feels any shame in that.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
and the games baby you like you're mentally handicap or something..
I am legitimately curious as to why you think this(and the rest of the post but this especially). I've never found a Mario game to be easy and certainly not hand holdy, in fact there's essentially no hand holding. What about the game do you think treats you like a baby? The only thing I can think of to that effect is that some of the games tend to drown you in life ups.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Meh. Mario games are becoming like Pokemon games more and more for me. Feels like the same old sh*t I've been playing for years now. I've even gotten board of Dream Team before beating it, which surprised me greatly. I don't think any new Mario game can beat the older Mario games.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I am legitimately curious as to why you think this(and the rest of the post but this especially). I've never found a Mario game to be easy and certainly not hand holdy, in fact there's essentially no hand holding. What about the game do you think treats you like a baby? The only thing I can think of to that effect is that some of the games tend to drown you in life ups.

The one thing I can think of is 3D Land and that stupid-ass Invincible Tanooki leaf. I have yet to find that in 3D World, but honestly I just hated the whole idea.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
The Mario game I found to be way too easy was 3D Land. The difficulty in that game was non-existent. All the other games had just the right amount of difficulty for me to enjoy. (Except for the Lost Levels)

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Multiplayer 3D world, to me, feels like the Galaxy games without their craptastic multiplayer. I play it with my family every night and we love it.

Though playing it on your own can get a little repetitive. But I think it's a step in the right direction from the New Super Mario platformers (New Super Mario Bros. isn't even new anymore >_>).

I don't quite understand where the hand holding is coming from though.

I don't think any new Mario game can beat the older Mario games.
Eh nope
The one thing I can think of is 3D Land and that stupid-*** Invincible Tanooki leaf. I have yet to find that in 3D World, but honestly I just hated the whole idea.
That's one thing I hate about 3D World and probably the only thing that makes me feel like a dumb ass/child

drown you in life ups.
Yeah. Mario 3D World does that.

Except you'll be dry of them at some point in game. Especially when you go to World 5 until World Crown

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
The one thing I can think of is 3D Land and that stupid-*** Invincible Tanooki leaf. I have yet to find that in 3D World, but honestly I just hated the whole idea.
Oh I wouldn't know about that. I basically never play the handheld Mario games, just the console ones. Looking it up just now that is rather obnoxious.
Maybe stuff like the super guide? But all that is optional and only there if you suck.
Yeah but that's incredibly unobtrusive. It's basically the same as looking up a walkthrough online (which you can do with any basically any game) just slightly more convenient to get to. Or actually less convenient since you can watch a youtube video while you're playing the level. And if someone complained about being babied and they were using the super guide that would just be ridiculous.
Yeah. Mario 3D World does that.

Except you'll be dry of them at some point in game. Especially when you go to World 5 until World Crown
Yeah I ran out a few times in NSMB even though that games showers you in lives.

D

Deleted member

At least for the time being they learned they can't just do what they want and get away with it.

However, I shudder to think what their next gen will involve if this Xbox One continues to be a success.
Microsoft has not learned anything that we want them to learn. What they will learn instead is that they can implement these bad practices in a stealthy manner to coax gamers into accepting them. I guarantee you that Microsoft will be attempting to restore these horrible DRM policies over time.
I didn't say that was exactly the case with Nintendo (about them not trying anymore), just that it's been feeling that way sometimes. Still a shame that they gave up on the Gamecube that quick, considering the awesome library it had. You forgot to mention Metroid Prime 2 was in 2004 as well though.

Anyway, makes me wonder how soon till they'll be giving up on the Wii U if they haven't begun to do so already. Maybe I'm just losing faith in the system too soon, but it's disappointing how even after how long the Wii U's been out there's still been nothing about it that screams "buy me!" barring a couple of recent titles. Then there's Sm4sh that I may just only get on the 3DS unless convinced otherwise.
They can't release a new console in 2015; it would alienate the people who choose to support the system regardless of its flaws. Releasing in 2017 would be too late as it would be only a year or two or so before the PS4 and Xbox One launched their successors. Late 2016 would be ideal; it would give Nintendo at least a two year headstart to get things started without alienating fans.
Me too, or worse, what they'll do with other Rare IPs in the future. I was excited at first when Killer Instinct was finally brought out of the gutter, but then to see how they executed the new game itself and the way they horribly marketed it, makes me wish I hadn't gotten hyped for it in the first place.
I knew that whatever Rare IP was announced was going to be butchered one way or another. So to see Killer Instinct implement a horrible case of season pass was not surprising to me because at that point, all Rare IPs under Microsoft were dead to me and if anything, this solidified it. It's just a matter of Microsoft picking out which corpse to drag.

I think it is less of an issue of Mario not selling anymore than of the Wii U failing to attract many people to the console. 100K is actually impressive considering how poorly the Wii U is selling.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I thought 3D land was a really well implemented game with a nice art style.

I'm not sure how someone could find it boring

And the multiplayer is really fun

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So paisanos, still convinced that VGX will have anything worth talking about?
I want to believe but I don't want to overhype myself either. It's not like I'm really that desperate for big news either because the daily updates have become a lot better since the start of November and it's evident that more and more will be revealed as time goes on.

Smashiny

Smash Journeyman
In all seriousness; don't you guys think tomorrow's update will be a Bayonetta update, to cater to the "hardcore" audience?
Which would be a bummer, I'd much rather have a smash or Zelda update... :/

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Nintendo needs to use the X song in their commercials. At least it's in English (albeit accented) and it would be a big contrast to the stylings of dudebro games like Gears of War.

But yes, X and Bayonetta 2 are going to be vital at them ever getting the hardcore audience back. The key thing is that they need to advertise the living hell out of them. At least Bayonetta 2 would be very fitting to air commercials on Comedy Central and Adult Swim. I still think this is a significant problem for them - the lack of "mature" titles. The last one they had was Metroid Other M three years ago. Unfortunately, you cannot put Zelda in that category because its art style often varies and everyone knows vibrant colors means it's kiddy.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
So, I downloaded the demo of Bravely Default (game came out yesterday in Europe) and it looks like it's a worthy game to buy. I also plan on getting Zelda: A Link Between Worlds.

It's rather ironic on how the 3DS is getting a ton of good games and is selling a lot, while the Wii U is struggling to sell. I agree that Bayonetta 2 and X should have good marketing. Those are games that can potentially help the Wii U to sell more and broadening the console's audience.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Have they mentioned exactly when Reggie will show his face at this award show? I'm not sitting through this joke of a show just for one thing.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Have they mentioned exactly when Reggie will show his face at this award show? I'm not sitting through this joke of a show just for one thing.
No i don't think there is any set time he'll be revealing it. There are gonna be other announcements during the event to, Reggie's announcement will be mixed some where in the event.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I'm actually holding out for a classic Nintendo character being announced for Smash today.
Someone like Little Mac, K. Rool, or Ridley would hopefully warm some hardened hearts today.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I don't know why some of you are even bothering to watch through the VGX. I mean you're mostly interested in what Reggie is gonna show anyway and even then you can just watch that on Youtube.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom