• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I guess he was right on.....lol well atleast we didn't have to sit through the WHOLE thing. So...what are the highlights of playing as Cranky? I missed the first bit
Pogo cane bounce
and something about Kong Fu (?)
An OHKO special to all on screen enemies

Waiting for that GameXplain footage.

P.S: Cranky's beard is glorious!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Cranky is awesome and all, but the best part was when asked if we were getting more Metroid Reggie began to say "of course" but then changed it to "we'll see", or something along those lines.

;)

D

Deleted member

The only thing I'm disappointed about is that Cranky will not be in Smash now.
I'd so take him over Dixie and K. Rool.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The only thing I'm disappointed about is that Cranky will not be in Smash now.
I'd so take him over Dixie and K. Rool.
Well it's not like Sakurai would be learning about his role in the game at the same time we are, he's probably known for a while.

That said, I agree. He'd be my choice too, but chances are it's not gonna happen.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Don't really care about people being butthurt myself, it's rather tame in comparison to some Directs/Wii Fit Trainer reveal (would guess most people were betting on DKCTF to an extent anyhow). Honestly I just wanna see how much the ratings for VGX dropped the second Reggie ended his presentation.

At least it's the second week of the month so there's a fair chance we'll get a character reveal at the end of the week.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So....

When's the next Nintendo Direct?

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
To be fair, you spent most of your time complaining about how much of a casual scum everyone is.

(Though ironically that's why you're so loved.)

Back in my day, you had to wait 3 to 4 business days for someone at Nintendo Power to read a butthurt fan's message.

Edit: Back in my day, when you posted on Smashboards, it went through the first time you pressed 'Post Reply'

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Nothing really interesting was shown at VGX, I persume?
Interesting? Yes.

What people wanted? No. As much as people expected? No. Suitable for the VGX audience? No. Disappointing? To most.

But Cranky was still pretty interesting. Though only if you care about TF. :smirk:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Hahaha, NeoGAF is burning in the misery of their shot expectations. Although I suddenly finding myself wanting Cranky Kong in Smash now. We can even re-service some of those Scrooge McDuck movesets.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I honestly expected something DK related for such an event in the first place. It is coming out in a few months after all and many wanted the game be be launched last month. In the end, what's the point of showcasing Smash material without Sakurai's presence?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I think the bigger megaton out of VGX is there are bramble stages in Tropical Freeze with, what sounds like, a remix of Stickerbrush Symphony.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So I wasted my good time coming here to learn that Cranky Dong is playable in DKTF? ...I'm ok with this. After all, it must be nice to play as a blister-assed elder monkey. :rolleyes:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Nintendo should've.

Or else why not just air the trailer yourself where the hosts won't mock you and the hype won't backfire (as much)?
True enough. Though I doubt there was honestly much that Nintendo could've showed off that the dudebro audience wouldn't have laughed off.

Though in that case, I agree that they probably should have saved this for a direct. Though maybe they saw this as a way to get info to people outside of the typical ND audience.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The Annotated Experiment just started annotated the DKC cartoon. Fits too well with this. :3

Also, awesome. Cranky Kong is one of my favorite DK characters. He's hilarious.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I think the bigger megaton out of VGX is there are bramble stages in Tropical Freeze with, what sounds like, a remix of Stickerbrush Symphony.

Well that certainly gets me pretty hype for TF. But I was already hype for TF.

Oh David Wise, no one can understand our secret love...

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
True enough. Though I doubt there was honestly much that Nintendo could've showed off that the dudebro audience wouldn't have laughed off.
I think a Smash trailer (even one without a newcomer, as long as it had something new) or that Zelda game Nintendo has almost shown twice would've gone over a lot better. Though obviously with the latter I can see why Nintendo is saving it. Though even throwing in a small new trailer for Bayonetta or X would've redeemed them a bit imo.

Though in that case, I agree that they probably should have saved this for a direct. Though maybe they saw this as a way to get info to people outside of the typical ND audience.
I'm sure expanding their audience was pretty much the only reason they did this, but only having a new trailer for an existing game that doesn't exactly target the demo they were presenting it to wasn't a great plan from the get go. Still a bit confused as to why they did this, it probably isn't going to help them out all that much in the long run.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
When they mentioned Reggie's Samus pin, I wonder how many people thought it was gonna shift to Ridley's reveal. Because I did, a little.
That never even crossed my mind to be honest, and even if it did, I'd know that hoping for that would be setting myself up for disappointment.

Cranky is awesome and all, but the best part was when asked if we were getting more Metroid Reggie began to say "of course" but then changed it to "we'll see", or something along those lines.

;)
Eh, cryptic as ever with Metroid. Go figure.

Cranky for Sm4sh

As an assist trophy pls
Only if he OHKOs targets by hopping on them with his pogo. Otherwise, an AT wouldn't do him justice.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Got to see that Cranky footage (and then the video got blocked after I watched it) and I have to say Cranky Kong looks super fun to play as (the stage was cool too). In fact that footage definitely got me hyped for this game even more. Definitely worth the wait rather than watching live. I wonder (but doesn't look like it), with 4 Kongs, will there be 4 player action?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
From what I read VGX has been **** anyway.

Dat Metroid brooch though
The show isn't even being aired on Spike until days after the stream. Gamers seem to believe these events matter, but they really don't, especially a scaled back award show. The information still gets disseminated the exact same way it would be through any other medium.

Typhl0si0n

Smash Apprentice
No quotes? Alright, I'll play that game. Hey everyone, don't trade with Enderman Aura on Pokemon. That'd be some good advice to follow.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Personally I would of went for Super Ultra Hyper Mega Xtreme Super Smash Bros. Battle Royale Melee Brawl Kerfuffle Hootenanny Turbo Championship DX XL Deadly Six Directors Cut edition.

Featuring Dante From Devil May Cry.
or Fight Club

Typhl0si0n

Smash Apprentice
@Aura With pleasure. Why don't we ask Fyre and see what he has to say about that, "flawless", Charmander with Dragon Dance, hmm? Care to explain that little stunt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom