• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Typhl0si0n

Smash Apprentice
He pussied out. Surprise. Met with him recently on PO. I recognized his username and came here to bust the ***** out. Just don't trade with him, guys. He'll rip you off.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I wonder if that "nice discussion" that occured earlier before another (unfortunate) crash was staged...

(no really. I'm actually beginning to wonder if that was the case)

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Hahaha, NeoGAF is burning in the misery of their shot expectations. Although I suddenly finding myself wanting Cranky Kong in Smash now. We can even re-service some of those Scrooge McDuck movesets.
GAF always have stupid high expectations, even in Mini Directs. :laugh:
But Cranky looks pretty damn fun to play as though, this is actually getting me to 100% DKCR now.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Really did people expect something when they announced it was a demo? Gotta wait January for juicy **** we all know that.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
You know... December 11, 2013 will be exactly 6 months after E3 2013... maybe a veteran reveal or (I wish) a newcomer reveal on Wednesday?

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
You know... December 11, 2013 will be exactly 6 months after E3 2013... maybe a veteran reveal or (I wish) a newcomer reveal on Wednesday?
Well I expect at least a character this months, and it's been already more than a month since Marth. Who knows and who cares anymore though.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
GAF always have stupid high expectations, even in Mini Directs. :laugh:
But Cranky looks pretty damn fun to play as though, this is actually getting me to 100% DKCR now.
Still not sure I could be bothered to 100% DKCR like I have the other DKC stuff time and again, even if I youtube'd the hidden things rather than stupidly guess which places to ground-pound with DK in the levels. There's something about it that just still feel as fulfilling to 100% as the others. Maybe I'm just too used to (and spoiled by) looking for dem bonus barrels and DK coins that often stick out a lot more.

Eh, whatever.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Cranky looks like the funnest partner to use IMO.

And we works exactly like how I predicted. Which is a GOOD thing.

People complaining he works like Scrooge Mcduck? Really? Did you EXPECT him not to?

Wouldn't he just feel off if he didn't meet you're expectations?

It's gamer logic

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
And just like everyone who hoped the Cranky rumor was real wanted, he looks like the best character in the game. Jumping on spikes, killing enemies the other Kongs can't, he has a REALLY fast roll, he runs and climbs faster than DK (I think)... I want to play as Cranky.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
And just like everyone who hoped the Cranky rumor was real wanted, he looks like the best character in the game. Jumping on spikes, killing enemies the other Kongs can't, he has a REALLY fast roll, he runs and climbs faster than DK (I think)... I want to play as Cranky.
Like I kept saying, all that bragging Cranky Kong does isn't just empty words, it's legit.

Though ironically him being overpowered will make him easy mode in a sense.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't know why people expect a new Zelda or Metroid or something revealed at VGX when Reggie specifically said he was going to announce something about a previously announced game

That leaves DKCR2 and SM4SH, really.

The 4th character WAS big news, it would have been bigger news if it hadn't been leaked a couple days ago.

It's all the people that wanted a new Metroid Prime.

I hate Metroid Prime BTW and am glad they are making DKCR2

Don't they have enough FPS these days?

Like I kept saying, all that bragging Cranky Kong does isn't just empty words, it's legit.

Though ironically him being overpowered will make him easy mode in a sense.
Well, he can't fly like Diddy or Dixie. He probably won't be useful everywhere

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Cranky Kong in Tropical Freeze is perfect never said otherwise, I just hoped the VGX reveal would've been different, because, well... It wasn't a reveal, we already knew that. But well I expected that so I'm not really butthurt. Now I just hope this hint about a fifth character is something real.

World 8 you beat a Viking King K. Rool which seems like the final boss but then the real final boss shows up along World 9, and you unlock K. Rool playable. Makes too much sense.

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
stop with the dkc:tf at VGX
Uuuuuh you stop.
No you stop
There is a word for a person like you smash nerd
kill·joy

noun \ˈkil-ˌjȯi\
: a person who spoils other people's fun or enjoyment

Full Definition of KILLJOY

: one who spoils the pleasure of others
See killjoy defined for English-language learners »
Examples of KILLJOY

1. I don't want to sound like a killjoy, but shouldn't we study tonight?
  2. <his perpetually negative attitude made him a real killjoy when others were trying to have fun>
First Known Use of KILLJOY

Related to KILLJOY

Synonyms
drag, grinch, party pooper, spoilsport, wet blanket
Related Words
fuddy-duddy, goody-goody, Goody Two-shoes, old maid, stick-in-the-mud; defeatist, Jeremiah, knocker, pessimist; complainer, crab, cynic, grouch, grump, sorehead, sourpuss, whiner; bore, downer, drip
Near Antonyms
cutup, jester, live wire; carouser, celebrant, celebrator, merrymaker, rejoicer, reveler (or reveller), roisterer; libertine, playboy, playgirl, rake

Typhl0si0n

Smash Apprentice
I didn't even need to browse the internet to read the butthurt. My next door neighbor was going ballistic over this. Poor guy wants the original DK Team to get together again. Lol

I don't actually care either way. The original DKC games will always be the best in the end. Yeah I said it, don't get butthurt.

That Cranky announcement is the best thing that happened in the VGX.

Let's all be happy and not be butt hurt. Come on, gaiz. Let's all be friends. Let's not stop our undying hype for Cranky.

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
That Cranky announcement is the best thing that happened in the VGX.

Let's all be happy and not be butt hurt. Come on, gaiz. Let's all be friends. Let's not stop our undying hype for Cranky.
I didn't even need to browse the internet to read the butthurt. My next door neighbor was going ballistic over this. Poor guy wants the original DK Team to get together again. Lol

I don't actually care either way. The original DKC games will always be the best in the end. Yeah I said it, don't get butthurt.
A poem for Smashboards
Butthurt is beautiful
People cry, people beg, people yell, and people smile
However whenever we share our opinions we reconcile
There are those that dwell in hurt
So we throw dirt
The dirt paints a magnificent picture
A picture of cursing texture
While the words might be foul
The wind will forever howl
with rumors from beyond our superiors
And we question them as inferiors
And all the commotion
keeps the world in perfect motion
The motions of hate and despair
Only to be quelled by the khans and the heirs
We choose to be happy or mad
But in the end it keeps on rolling
And if it did not roll there would be nothing
Nothing to talk about
Nothing to sing about
Nothing to be mad about
Nothing to be happy about
Forever we cannot surrender
to butthurt because it is in everyone,
It is immeasurable, it is our passion
for what we want, for what we talk about,
For what Smashboards is for!
Butthurt is beautiful!

Typhl0si0n

Smash Apprentice
A poem for Smashboards
Butthurt is beautiful
People cry, people beg, people yell, and people smile
However whenever we share our opinions we reconcile
There are those that dwell in hurt
So we throw dirt
The dirt paints a magnificent picture
A picture of cursing texture
While the words might be foul
The wind will forever howl
with rumors from beyond our superiors
And we question them as inferiors
And all the commotion
keeps the world in perfect motion
The motions of hate and despair
Only to be quelled by the khans and the heirs
We choose to be happy or mad
But in the end it keeps on rolling
And if it did not roll there would be nothing
Nothing to talk about
Nothing to sing about
Nothing to be mad about
Nothing to be happy about
Forever we cannot surrender
to butthurt because it is in everyone,
It is immeasurable, it is our passion
for what we want, for what we talk about,
For what Smashboards is for!
Butthurt is beautiful!
I hope you're not expecting a reward anytime soon.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
You know who needs a comeback? Crash Bandicoot, you gotta miss that guy. I don't even know where it wrong exactly, even after the first two PS2 games he still was doing good. Activision might as well sell the rights if they aren't even going to use the series. Then they can get some more cash in their pockets on top of that. Sell it back to Naughty Dog, or the Little Big Planet guys.

While I'm talking about comebacks, why not Vectorman? His games were pretty fun too. Or put the guy in the next Sega Racing game.

For Nintendo, I'd say that F-Zero and Custom Robo would be good choices for comebacks. We don't really have many futuristic racing games lately, so it's hardly getting any kind competition. So it fills a good niche to take advantage of, but I get that it's no Mario Kart in terms of sheer cash-cow levels. Oh, and an online racing game where you don't get screwed by lightning bolts is fun too.

As for Custom Robo, I just see alot of potential left untapped honestly. Being able to build your own fighting robot is cool enough on it's own. But with all the tech at game developer's disposal, they could go even further beyond what the original games offered in term of customization. Let's not forget online, people could trade different weapons to each other. And if we're talking fights, we could have team battles of four-verses-four. And maybe the loser has to give the winner one of their robot's parts.

D

Deleted member

Swampasaur said:
Is it just me or are there a lot more Playstation and Xbox fanboys recently? Not just people who like the brand, but straight up fanboys.
It's been this way ever since the beginning of last gen and we are only going to see more of them. Which... is really bad for gaming for many reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom