• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
If relevancy mattered in Pokemon, we sure as hell wouldn't have gotten Ivysaur with all of the relevant Pokemon. Squirtle, too. The only one that's still relevant as of Brawl's creation was Charizard because almost everybody knows him.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Indeed. It is something else I do.

I didn't really think you blocked me in the first place to be honest. Not sure why one intending to block someone would tell said person they were blocking them. That seems counter intuitive.
Probably another result of my lack of cognitive function or ability to use logic.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
My main reason is because I don't like playing them. The discussion was in regards to personal opinion. I already know why they are in the game, and I wasn't insinuating that they should be removed. I just don't really enjoy them. Ice Climbers/Pit are fine in my opinion, I have more of a problem with Game and Watch and ROB to be honest. I wouldn't even mind some new retro characters in Smash 4. I just didn't particularly like G+W or ROB.

It is fine though, I am not taking it too seriously, it is just a little annoying that people don't read the conversation before they jump in and think I am the retro Satan of Smashboards. Haha.
Don't worry, am still the Impa Satan here. And that's probably equal to Satan himself to some... :smirk:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
There is a plethora of reasons, most are not entirely significant.
1. It gets me blocked from the mental decadence.
2. It helps people remember me.
3. It is somewhat of a social experiment.
4. It is something unique and individual to me.
5. It makes people feel good (sometimes).
6. It makes people angry (sometimes).
7. It is fun.
8. It is a way for me to "bookmark" what I have read.
9. It is a form of communication to let the poster know that I read their content.
10. Habit.
11. Double posts.
Fixed. :bee:

Morbid's Rule: When in doubt. Like dat that ****.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Mr. Nelson Mandela passed away people... :( Am actually with tears in my eyes writing this... Damn, I knew it was coming but, would've liked to see him make it till 100 y'know...

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Mr. Nelson Mandela passed away people... :( Am actually with tears in my eyes writing this... Damn, I knew it was coming but, would've liked to see him make it till 100 y'know...

Who?

No seriously, the name sounds vaguely familiar but I can't seem to recall who that is suppose to be.

mimgrim

Smash Hero

I wasn't joking. I also don't keep up with politics all that much, I don't even really keep up with them in the USA where I live. So it doesn't surprise me that I didn't know who he was, although it does surprise me the name sounded familiar so I probably did hear of him before, but it was probably mostly in passing and I forgot about it.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I don't keep up with politics either but... I really can't phantom how you didn't know about him? He was of the biggest revolutionaries from our generation...

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I wasn't joking. I also don't keep up with politics all that much, I don't even really keep up with them in the USA where I live. So it doesn't surprise me that I didn't know who he was, although it does surprise me the name sounded familiar so I probably did hear of him before, but it was probably mostly in passing and I forgot about it.
I don't keep up with politics either and i knew who he was.....

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Mandela finally kicked the bucket?
...Oh, uh, how tragic?

For those who don't know, Mandela is pretty much the SA version of Michael King (MLK) in a nutshell, depending on how you see it.

Edit: Currently reading a long article on Amren.com about him. Not expecting anyone here to actually read the entire thing with an open and objective mind, though.

It still surprises me how much I didn't know when learning Social Studies in grade school...

----

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Mandela is mostly known for ending apartheid, being the first black president of South Africa, and laying the groundwork for a new democratic South Africa.

He was also a Nobel Peace Prize recipient.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Mandela is mostly known for ending apartheid, being the first black president of South Africa, and laying the groundwork for a new democratic South Africa.

He was also a Nobel Peace Prize recipient.
Also, he didn't bomb any people for his Nobel Peace Prize, unlike many others.

He was easily one of the most positively influential people from our generation.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
On a less sad note (My condolences to the family and acolytes of Mandela),

In my hype for PLVS.AA is growing... just listen to this Cross-examination theme. It's just GOLD.

The pace and lower instruments are reminiscent of Classic AA, while the other half is PL.
This is my literal dream game...

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Anyone with a high school degree should have at least heard of the name Nelson Mandela at some point... Assuming you've attended high school.

Well I'm only in my 3rd year of high school. And like I said, I heard the name before, just couldn't remember who it was. Things in history just don't stick with me as well as other classes.

I don't keep up with politics either but... I really can't phantom how you didn't know about him? He was of the biggest revolutionaries from our generation...
I don't keep up with politics either and i knew who he was.....
I also don't watch news or really keep up with anything going on in the world. I just simply don't care. And don't see much reason to care.

But I don't want to get into a debate about this. So I'm leaving it at that.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Why not Christopher Walken? I like Chirstopher Walken, he would be fun to play as.

Or ****ing President Obama.

Who cares if they don't fit the criteria.
Only if Christopher Walken reprises his role as the arch-angel Gabriel. :awesome:

As for Nintendog being playable... Not sure who that would please or who would actually be excited for it besides like the little girls who got a DS just for a virtual puppy.

Yeah, R.I.P. Mandela... and Paul Walker.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Ha, I brought up the Ultimate Ghost from Streetpass last week as a boss character and we got it this week (though, may be a stage hazard). I hope this solidifies Miis being playable.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Nelson Mandela died? That was unexpected... (Well, deaths are always unexpected.)

He was a very influential person in the world, without a doubt. May he rest in peace.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
A few pages past now, but:

I think the only thing we don't know about Villager is his final smash and what his individual throws are. With these and Megaman's final smash, we're only a few updates away from learning everything about the contents and characters that were revealed in the first trailer.
Maybe that means we'll be getting more newcomers revealed soon, since - likely very quickly - we'll know everything about the newcomers revealed so far. :cool:

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Well I'm only in my 3rd year of high school. And like I said, I heard the name before, just couldn't remember who it was. Things in history just don't stick with me as well as other classes.

I also don't watch news or really keep up with anything going on in the world. I just simply don't care. And don't see much reason to care.

But I don't want to get into a debate about this. So I'm leaving it at that.
Don't even worry man, I'm in college and have never heard of this guy. You don't have to know who everyone is in the world, and it only makes it harder to know the great ones when all you hear about is celebrity bull.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Please, school as a whole is a big joke. You learn so many things, but then you don't even use it. What's the point of learning so much crap if you don't even use it anyway?
To weed out the weaklings that can't be successful, there's not gonna be a awesome job for everyone, so they made this ******** Prussian system so it can make some give up on their dream jobs. There's no point in general classes when you already learned them in high school.

I wish they'd just teach you on what you wanted your job to be, but no.

Yes i'm bored.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Didn't learn who Mandela was until last month in my Cold War history class when we talked about the North/South divides and racism (not that I hadn't heard his name before). Actually used his arrest (to which the FBI was involved with) as an argument towards the US not being a symbol of freedom due to being caught up in the East/West divide.

May he rest in peace.

As for school's usefulness that's a whole other argument, but as a quick opinion, the majority of what I've learned I have used in many of my classes.

Turns out political scientists need to know advanced Algebra in order to conduct research, know the differences between the core sciences so we don't make wrong conclusions as well as how to set up experiments, know a LOT about history/world and pop culture/economics, and how to write essays with proper grammar. Also doesn't hurt to know another language or two.

Morbi

Scavenger
Didn't learn who Mandela was until last month in my Cold War history class when we talked about the North/South divides and racism (not that I hadn't heard his name before). Actually used his arrest (to which the FBI was involved with) as an argument towards the US not being a symbol of freedom due to being caught up in the East/West divide.

May he rest in peace.

As for school's usefulness that's a whole other argument, but as a quick opinion, the majority of what I've learned I have used in many of classes.

Turns out political scientists need to know advanced Algebra in order to conduct research, know the differences between the core sciences so we don't make wrong conclusions as well as how to set up experiments, know a LOT about history/world and pop culture/economics, and how to write essays with proper grammar. Also doesn't hurt to know another language or two.
Rest in peace Paul Walker. I will miss you much more than Mandela...

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Aw what a week, The actor that played Luigi in the 1990's Super Mario Cartoon also died.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/12/05/super-mario-bros-cartoons-luigi-dies-at-72

What a way to end off the Year of Luigi
It's gonna be something when Charles Martinet eventually dies. (not sure when; in 20/30 years?) He's the one and only voice for Mario/Luigi/Wario/Waluigi in my opinion.

It might be bigger than when Wayne Allwine died.
A character's voice is like part of its soul. When it's changed, the character itself seems different.

-----

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
It's gonna be something when Charles Martinet eventually dies. (not sure when; in 20/30 years?) He's the one and only voice for Mario/Luigi/Wario/Waluigi in my opinion.
Not to mention Toadsworth, MC Ballyhoo, Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, AND Baby Wario. And Donkey Kong until 2005.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I'm sorry for the late responses. I wanted to post this earlier but this site was crashing on and off for me. Also, this weird thing happened when every time I clicked "Post Reply" a pop up came that requested me to type in a security code. But the page was like glitched as no letters showed up, so I couldn't post. O.o Dunno if anyone else got that...

A character representing Hanafuda would be nice.
Though I think there are better Hanafuda representations than Nintendouji, say a character like Rain Man.
Ah, the battle of the Hanafuda cards... Who would be the best character!?

I do like the idea of Rain Man just because he's very obscure, however, I do have a very hard time seeing him as a playable character. If (and that's a big if) they really want a fighter to use Hanafuda cards, I personally like the idea of Nintendouji as they could slap on a whole bunch of other things to make a potentially unique moveset (plus he's an actually video game character...). Y'know, they could let Nintendouji use various nostalgic things of Nintendo's past in means of attacks, like the use of Hanafuda cards, love hotels jk makes more sense being a stage, and items from various Nintendo series, along side his signature elemental cards.

Eww you want Roy what the **** is wrong with you!?

Nintendouji... Nintendouji... he uses cards as his form of "offense". Not 100% sure how that would translate into hand-to-hand combat, but something along the lines of summon traps would come to mind like in a vein to Yu-Gi-Oh, maybe using varies card tricks for offense in an exaggerated fashion. Would be hilarious to see him preform 52 pickup and card juggling as offensive attacks. But I cannot focus on a direction since I'm not exactly familiar with the character. All I know is that the game he comes from involves game cards.
I lol'd at 52 pick up.

Hm, it's been a while, but I do know that he can summon "gods" or, specifically, four legendary creatures, which could relate more to Yu-Gi-Oh summons for attacks. Damn, and I used to know the names of the creatures (they're based on mythical beats). :c *does a quick search*

Ah, yes, they're based on the Four Symbols in the Chinese constellations, and each summon has its own elemental power. English names:

Vermilion Bird (red bird covered in flames) = fire
White Tiger (pretty self-explanatory) = earth
Azure Dragon (a very long dragon) = wind
Black Tortoise (usually depicted as a snake wrapped around a turtle. Iirc, same thing in the game) = water

Yeah, there's various elements attributed to different cards (along with the main Light cards). So, for example, there's Fire cards (or Talisman as I like to call them haha) that have various abilities and damage. The funny thing is that there's monsters that look kinda like No Face (Spirited Away) mixed together with those Hollows from Bleach, which attack with tentacle things. Y'know Japan... though, it's kinda creepy actually lol.

Honestly, I'd cosplay as Nintendouji if I ever got the chance just cuz he's so cool... it's too bad no one will know who I am though. :( In fact, there are so many awesome forgotten/obscure Nintendo characters that deserve some cosplays... It's so sad... so sad. I'm wondering if Pit wasn't cosplayed as much prior to Brawl's release. It's true though, SMASH GIVES YOU SO MUCH PUBLICITY!!

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
D

Deleted member

Xenoblaze said:
Mama Luigi died?

Who's going to tell Yoshi bedtime story now?
Wrong actor.
Danny Wells didn't reprise the role for the sequel cartoons; Tony Rosato voiced Luigi in those. He's still alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom