• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I think the only thing we don't know about Villager is his final smash and what his individual throws are. With these and Megaman's final smash, we're only a few updates away from learning everything about the contents and characters that were revealed in the first trailer.
I'm actually pretty damn curious as to what Villager's Final Smash might be.
I think Megaman's FS is simply Super Adapter:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I'm pretty sure the bowling ball is his Fair, some keep saying it's his FSmash, but he uses it in the air so...

I'll take a shot at this:

Jab- Boxing Gloves
Dash- Pot
Grab- Net

FTilt- Umbrella
UTilt- Stick
DTilt- Weeds

FSmash- Axe
USmash- Fireworks
DSmash- Shovel

Nair- Kicking move
Fair- Bowling ball
Bair- Slingshot
Uair- Turnips
Dair- Turnips again

NSpecial- Collect
SSpecial- Lloid Rocket
USpecial- Balloon Fight
DSpecial- Tree Plant
Final Smash- Dunno, bees or something.

We just need to know his final smash, pummel, and throws.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure the bowling ball is his Fair, some keep saying it's his FSmash, but he uses it in the air so...

I'll take a shot at this:

Jab- Boxing Gloves
Dash- Pot
Grab- Net

FTilt- Umbrella
UTilt- Stick
DTilt- Weeds

FSmash- Axe
USmash- Fireworks
DSmash- Shovel

Nair- Kicking move
Fair- Bowling ball
Bair- Slingshot
Uair- Turnips
Dair- Turnips again

NSpecial- Collect
SSpecial- Lloid Rocket
USpecial- Balloon Fight
DSpecial- Tree Plant
Final Smash- Dunno, bees or something.

We just need to know his final smash, pummel, and throws.

He's also been shown to use the Bowling Ball on the ground, usually at a ledge. Just something to keep in mind.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
He's also been shown to use the Bowling Ball on the ground, usually at a ledge. Just something to keep in mind.
Wait, what if the bowling ball is a new item and Villager just picked it up and dropped it later. Sakurai has been trolling us this whole time! :troll:

Well, then it seems most likely to be a special, but then we already know two of his specials for sure, and it's extremely unlikely that the tree and balloons are anything other than specials, so I can't think of what the bowling ball is... Unless Sakurai added a new attack button that has a different function or something.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Sorry for double posting but...

Reggie states Sakurai might consider the Reggie if the petition reaches 100,000 signatures. So far the petition is at 33,650.
it's over 35K signatures now lol
I just signed it
Gosh darn it.
I can't believe they're seriously considering this.

No, please, no, it is nothing more than the pleasing of a memetic.
There will be countless nightmares opened up if Reggie gets in, imagine all the people begging for more real life characters.
Also, imagine the casuals who have no idea who he is, what sort of message will that send to them?
It would no longer be Super Smash Brothers.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
At least he has an alternative recovery option, so he doesn't have to rely on (what seems to be) his horrid Up Special recovery.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I share the same vehement sentiments as you, MonK4. Except I have reason to believe that the rumor is fake and blown up by certain people for the sake a publicity. Just check my evidence!

When Reggie is confirmed, my soul with not be able to endure the pain from such a decision and it will wither up. I will proceed to murder my entire family in cold blood before committing suicide. Fox News will get hold of the story and spin the **** about how video games cause violence. The Supreme Court approves legislation to dismantle all video game retailers and developers and goes on an iconoclastic manhunt to remove every piece of video game culture from existence.

CAN YOU HANDLE THAT REALITY!?

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I share the same vehement sentiments as you, MonK4. Except I have reason to believe that the rumor is fake and blown up by certain people for the sake a publicity. Just check my evidence!

When Reggie is confirmed, my soul with not be able to endure the pain from such a decision and it will wither up. I will proceed to murder my entire family in cold blood before committing suicide. Fox News will get hold of the story and spin the **** about how video games cause violence. The Supreme Court approves legislation to dismantle all video game retailers and developers and goes on an iconoclastic manhunt to remove every piece of video game culture from existence.

Saying "A little over dramatic" to this is an understatement.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Wait, what if the bowling ball is a new item and Villager just picked it up and dropped it later. Sakurai has been trolling us this whole time! :troll:

Well, then it seems most likely to be a special, but then we already know two of his specials for sure, and it's extremely unlikely that the tree and balloons are anything other than specials, so I can't think of what the bowling ball is... Unless Sakurai added a new attack button that has a different function or something.

I have the feeling the collect ability is not mapped to a button, but is rather something done automatically making it even more of a gimmick. This make me think his Nspecial is the bowling ball. Of course that is just based on a hunch of mine, but it would explain how the bowling ball is used both on the ground and in the air besides it being mapped to 2 buttons, like the turnips, which is quite possible which means that his Fsmash isn't the axe but is also the bowling ball along with it being used for one of the aerials.

mimgrim

Smash Hero

Pffft, it wasn't the video game that caused the violence. It was the creator of the game putting Reggie in there, and so Sakurai and his team would ultimately go to jail instead, people have tried to get rid of video games before and it never stuck. :awesome:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

Meh, we'll still have the internet. No big deal. ¦D

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Gosh darn it.
I can't believe they're seriously considering this.

No, please, no, it is nothing more than the pleasing of a memetic.
There will be countless nightmares opened up if Reggie gets in, imagine all the people begging for more real life characters.
Also, imagine the casuals who have no idea who he is, what sort of message will that send to them?
It would no longer be Super Smash Brothers.
Since when has a character being in the game that people don't know been a bad thing?

Didn't know Captain Falcon, didn't know Ness, etc.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Since when has a character being in the game that people don't know been a bad thing?

At least you could check their sources being "Classic Nintendo videogames". Not "Memetic /Infamously Popular Nintendo Executives"

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
At least you could check their sources being "Classic Nintendo videogames". Not "Memetic /Infamously Popular Nintendo Executives"
Reggie has become his own character within Nintendo

Besides, since when is learning about characters more important than IRL people?

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard

It's not about being a character that people don't know. It's about being a real life person that people don't know.

Oh, and, Blue, just wanna let you know, Hanafuda does not fall within the realm of my critique, the express purpose for his entry would not be the entry of a real life character, it would be the entry of a Nintendo character, whereas Reggie's entrance would be solely for the pleasing of memetics.
Sir, I deny this, I think that is merely you attempting to reconcile their motivation with the more reasonable criteria at large. Hah! I dare you to deny me this!

But, seriously, if they enter him in, they wouldn't use that sort of justification to allow him in, I doubt they are so shallow.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Next time instead of posting it randomly in a thread, why don't you report it to the mods?

Since including characters that people know will make the game sell better, which is the priority of the people behind the game. One or two relative unknowns won't hurt, but there are still better choices out there than Reggie. Much better.

To a tiny, minuscule percentage of people, sort of. But even then not really, because he's an irl person who, apart from his Mii, has never actually been a character within Nintendo's games.

Besides, since when is learning about characters more important than IRL people?
The game in question is about characters and not irl people. So, in regards to Smash, since the beginning.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
He's a character to Nintendo, and I think that's what really matters.

And for not being in anything, his Mii at least has been in a number of things at least

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
He's a character to the western "hardcore" fans, no one else knows him. And that's a pretty small demo that would be appeased over the inclusion of such a polarizing character, especially since the west plays second fiddle to Japan anyway in regards to character inclusion.

And for not being in anything, his Mii at least has been in a numnber of things at least
Sure, but so have Miis in general, and that's really a different character. If Reggie's Mii is included, it's going to be under the umbrella of Miis as a whole.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I have the feeling the collect ability is not mapped to a button, but is rather something done automatically making it even more of a gimmick. This make me think his Nspecial is the bowling ball. Of course that is just based on a hunch of mine, but it would explain how the bowling ball is used both on the ground and in the air besides it being mapped to 2 buttons, like the turnips, which is quite possible which means that his Fsmash isn't the axe but is also the bowling ball along with it being used for one of the aerials.
His collect ability would have to be button activated, otherwise how would he re-throw the collected object at any time? It would also be really overpowered if it instantly collected a projectile without any sort of input involved, it'd be like a character's shield/reflector/etc popping up instantly upon an attack. We'll just have to wait to see how the Villager plays, he'll certainly be an interesting one.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
The amount of fail in this phrase is sickening.
Jesus, if you really want a real person in Smash Bros., put ****ing Miyamoto, Iwata, Yamauchi, even Howard Lincoln. People who MATTER. People who did something good in the long run for Nintendo.
Not a fat **** which ha become famous only because of meme jokes.
That's what's really making me angry about this (non) possibility, not the fact that I don't want real people in Sm4sh.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Jesus, if you really want a real person in Smash Bros., put ****ing Miyamoto, Iwata, Yamauchi, even Howard Lincoln. People who MATTER. People who did something good in the long run for Nintendo.
That's what's really making me angry about this (non) possibility, not the fact that I don't want real people in Sm4sh.
I'm personally gonna beat you in Smash 4 while using Reggie :troll:

EVERY GAME WE PLAY!!!!!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

You're body just ain't ready

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Reggie support always has been, and always will be, primarily a joke. The most it will amount to is the Reggie Mii being showcased in some capacity when and if the Mii is unveiled.

Layupfreak

Smash Ace
the reggie meme about the body being ready is so corny.... how old do you have to be to laugh about that? like 12? ........reggie so undeserving. get him outta here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom