• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Now, I always thought a cool mechanic for Nintendog would be that when he does certain attacks over and over, he gets better at them. For instance, if you successfully use a S-Smash, use your taunt/Down Special to feed Nintendog a treat. After 3 or so treats, he'll begin to get better at said attack, until his power's boosted. Of course, this would only be available for attacks that wouldn't involve dog toys and such.

Back on topic, I'm beginning to like the Reggie Mii "leak." Is there something wrong with me?

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
But it's the best appeal if it is an actual puppy.
Duck Hunt Dog may establish the appeal very well, but not as well as Nintendog.
Only question is if Sakurai finds the animal rights issue the bigger issue to not add the puppy or not.
Considering a lot of the world has pet dogs, and dog fighting is generally frowned upon (at least, in the US), I doubt it'd be worth it. I'd prefer the Assist Trophy back. Seeing an actual puppy getting Falcon Punched, electrocuted, sliced by swords and claws, and set on fire would probably offend a ****load of people.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Considering a lot of the world has pet dogs, and dog fighting is generally frowned upon (at least, in the US), I doubt it'd be worth it. I'd prefer the Assist Trophy back. Seeing an actual puppy getting Falcon Punched, electrocuted, sliced by swords and claws, and set on fire would probably offend a ****load of people.
I think it's worth going over the gap from a creative standpoint.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
OK GUYS

I'm going to la la land and make excessive amount of Nintendouji propaganda because this dude should be in Smash cuz we need more REDHEADS!!

Oh wait... did you just say "but what about Roy, isn't he a redhead too?"

Well, every time I mention Roy I GET **** ON so now Nintendouji is a good redhead to support. AND HE'S THE PERFECT WTF CHARACTER TOO!!

Just you wait. Next update we'll get info that his game will become localized AND Nintendouji confirmed as playable character! Not only that, with the localization of the eshop game, they'll definitely be a sequel on the Atari 2600, which will be a JRPG/life simulation game with various Japanese folklore creatures and people joining your army! Dayum, I can't wait until those HD screenshots and gameplay footage come out!

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I was referring to the "animal rights issue" gap.

OK GUYS

I'm going to la la land and make excessive amount of Nintendouji propaganda because this dude should be in Smash cuz we need more REDHEADS!!

Well, every time I mention Roy I GET **** ON so now Nintendouji is a good redhead to support. AND HE'S THE PERFECT WTF CHARACTER TOO!!

Just you wait. Next update we'll get info that his game will become localized AND Nintendouji confirmed as playable character! Not only that, with the localization of the eshop game, they'll definitely be a sequel on the Atari 2600, which will be a JRPG/life simulation game with various Japanese folklore creatures and people joining your army! Dayum, I can't wait until those HD screenshots and gameplay footage come out!
:laugh:
A character representing Hanafuda would be nice.
Though I think there are better Hanafuda representations than Nintendouji, say a character like Rain Man.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I was referring to the "animal rights issue" gap.
I didn't realize animal rights had a gap that involved dogs getting punched, sliced, set on fire, electrocuted, smashed by hammers, blown up by explosives, and all the other things that happen commonly in Smash.

D

Deleted member

BluePikmin, how many times does it have to be said that Nintendouji DOES NOT REFERENCE HANAFUDA before you stop lumping him with Hanafuda?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
OK GUYS

Eww you want Roy what the **** is wrong with you!?

Nintendouji... Nintendouji... he uses cards as his form of "offense". Not 100% sure how that would translate into hand-to-hand combat, but something along the lines of summon traps would come to mind like in a vein to Yu-Gi-Oh, maybe using varies card tricks for offense in an exaggerated fashion. Would be hilarious to see him preform 52 pickup and card juggling as offensive attacks. But I cannot focus on a direction since I'm not exactly familiar with the character. All I know is that the game he comes from involves game cards.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Despite all of that Pokemon sells millions in the US. We can all do battle with our animal buddies
*cough* Snubull, Granbull, Lilpup, Stoutland, Hondour, Hondoom, Entei, Raikou and Suicune *cough*

D

Deleted member

....you did not just call Entei a dog.

(Or Suicune or especially Raikou)

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
You're all wrong, Entei, Raikuo and Suicune are mice. :troll:

In all seriousness, IIRC Entei is based on a lion, and Raikuo is based on a tiger. Don't know about Suicune though.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
....you did not just call Entei a dog.

(Or Suicune or especially Raikou)
I always referred to them as the Legendary Dogs, you could even google it and they come up.

I mean even RK9 borrows elements from Siberian Tigers, so I never saw why that would stop Raikou from borrowing traits from felines and still being a canine.

Even if you don't concider them dogs just replace those 3 with Growlithe and RK9

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
I always referred to them as the Legendary Dogs, you could even google it and they come up.

I mean even RK9 borrows elements from Siberian Tigers, so I never saw why that would stop Raikou from borrowing from felines and still be canine

Even if you don't concider them dogs just replace those 3 with Growlithe and RK9
Well if you want to get technical...
Has the looks of a lion which is part of the cat family
Has the look of a Tiger which is part of the cat family

Is basically the only one that has the looks of a dog. Suicune is quite the odd ball and honestly if its legs were tweeked a little bit, it would resemble a horse.

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace

I mean even RK9 borrows elements from Siberian Tigers, so I never saw why that would stop Raikou from borrowing from felines and still be canine

I hate Cloudfare. And I blame Google.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Well if you want to get technical...
Has the looks of a lion which is part of the cat family
Has the look of a Tiger which is part of the cat family

Is basically the only one that has the looks of a dog. Suicune is quite the odd ball and honestly if its legs were tweeked a little bit, it would resemble a horse
I kinda feel like i'm repeating myself now: I'm not saying they are officially known as ''Legendary Dogs'', thats just how I, and others, referred to them.

Again, Arcanine borrows traits from Siberian Tigers, and it is still considered a dog, thats why i bought into Raikou being a dog as well.

Personally, Entei looks nothing like a dog. Pryroar is only pokemon that even comes close to being a lion.

D

Deleted member

Arcanine is a Shisa.
Entei is a Chinese guardian lion.

Similar mythical beasts, but one is canine (Shisa; though it has some feline features) and other is feline (Chinese guardian lion).

Suicune is a Qilin, a hybrid creature of many depictions; most of which incorporate features of a dragon, a deer, and a horse. (Some depictions feature aspects of big cats as well.)

Raikou is a Raijuu, a thunder demon. It can take different forms, one of which being a tiger. It does have a blue wolf form as well, but Manectric represents that rather than Raikou, which pretty much is 100% tiger with some smilodon (saber-toothed cat) thrown in.

So no, none of them are "dogs". "Cats" are a better way to describe them, but "beasts/mythical creatures" is the best way given their origins.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I believe everything you typed, i'm not trying to dispute it; as I'm sure your right.

A lot of people refer to the trio as legendary dogs. It just stuck with me, so thats what I call them based off of what I've heard from others. Whether they are dogs, cats or dolphins, i think I'm always gonna refer to them as dogs out of habit.

I appreciate you taking the time to drop some knowledge though.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Except Reggie actually has a chance :troll:.

Real talk, the Geno fans would probably try to crucify Sakurai if Reggie got in lol.
Except I AM the Geno fans

and I signed for Reggie

So suddenly everyone wants to ruin Smash Bros. by adding Reggie? Wow.
you're body is not ready

Malion

Smash Ace
I always assumed suicune was a cheteah. if only because that's the cat it most looks like to me.
(or possibly a hyenna which is technically in the cat family)

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Sakurai: Pic of the day. The Villager's special attack, the Lloid Rocket, is a projectile weapon like no other--you can either launch it or ride on it. When you fire it off, keep pressing the button to hop aboard--you can even control its speed. It's more powerful when you're riding it.

Sounds pretty awesome.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
You know who also should be in the roster? This kid:

He ****ing starred in the ****ing commercial of the ****ing last installment in the Pokémon series.

Nintendo related? Check.
Part of a big franchise? Check.
Nice moveset potential? Check.

I'm sorry guys but this contender totally wins over Reggie.

Support Kid From Pokémon X/Y US Commercial for Super Smash Bros. 4!!!

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Now all that's left is the Villager's Final Smash! Is this going to come up for DR. BEES!?

Also, congrats Japan on getting A Link Between Worlds today! So how about that Zelda tomorrow? Wonder if she'll receive some visual tweaks.

Sakurai: Pic of the day. The Villager's special attack, the Lloid Rocket, is a projectile weapon like no other--you can either launch it or ride on it. When you fire it off, keep pressing the button to hop aboard--you can even control its speed. It's more powerful when you're riding it.

Sounds pretty awesome.
Hooray for more Villager tidbits

Finally! Something that appeals to me after all that manikin ass pictures.

D

Deleted member

Man those DDoS problems prevent me to access to Smashboards for like 4 days.

What happened at your side guys ?

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Usually I'd get random downtimes where it said that the site was offline and I'd keep getting the same error messages after every refresh. I estimate each to last around 5-10 minutes with reprieves of activity lasting 4 minutes.

Also, does anyone recognize my set?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I think the only thing we don't know about Villager is his final smash and what his individual throws are. With these and Megaman's final smash, we're only a few updates away from learning everything about the contents and characters that were revealed in the first trailer.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I think the only thing we don't know about Villager is his final smash and what his individual throws are. With these and Megaman's final smash, we're only a few updates away from learning everything about the contents and characters that were revealed in the first trailer.
In the other thread I tried to recap his moveset and we still don't know what that Bowling attack was about. Also, the Balloon Fight moves hasn't been confirmed if I'm not mistaken, it could be a new item possibly.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
One of the Pics of the Day detailed (or at least hinted) the Villager having the Balloon Fight helmet as his Up Special recovery. This is also accentuated because he's the only character we've seen use it.

The Bowling Ball may be an altered Forward Attack meant for use on ledged platforms. Or at least that's my guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom