• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Personally, I think everyone who made the jump from Melee to Brawl is safe.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
B-BUT IT'S A FACT THAT JIGGLYPUFF IS A BAD IDEA! *RANT* *RANT* *WHINE* *WHINE*

Whatever this means... >_>

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Yet EVERYONE seems to think Sheik is safe cause of her appearance in Melee and Brawl.

Don't you all?

For ****'s sake, people be thinking Ness and Jigglypuff have more chance to be cut than Sheik now?
I don't think of Shiek as a higher entity compared to anyone else. But that doesn't make her a no-show at all, as it doesnt with every other character.

I feel that cutting Shiek may open a door for Zelda competitively, so I'd be in support of it. But being replaced by I***? I wouldn't appreciate that in the slightest.

As for shiek's odds, I seriously think she's unlikely unless Skyward Sword has a secret concept art of hers that Sakurai might use.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
That's so much bull****, and you know that. Just because they have three appearances doesn't justify their appearance once again.

It's an opinion, not a fact. And I'm going to say that to everyone who thinks this. It's a pitiful, non-supported claim that makes me wish I was Dovahkin so I can shout you all away.

Heh. Dovahkin Aura the Enderman...
Yet EVERYONE seems to think Sheik is safe cause of her appearance in Melee and Brawl.

Don't you all?

For ****'s sake, people be thinking Ness and Jigglypuff have more chance to be cut than Sheik now?
I agree.
Assuming any character would return (Except Mario) based off of PATTERNS is only opening a door for disappointment and mockery.

There are no shoe-ins.

Still fun to speculate who would get in though.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I feel Yoshi, Capt. Falcon, Zelda, Ganondorf, King Dedede, Meta Knight are all safe.
I think Metaknight was on that whiteboard concept art Sakurai posted early on in SSB4/5 development.

But I do feel like they have high chances of returning.
I do think out of the roster in Brawl, at least 1 to 2 characters won't be coming back.... and :rob:isn't one of them.
Idk why people think :rob: has no chance of coming back.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Veterans I'm 100% sure of will return: Diddy Kong, Yoshi, Zelda, Ganondorf, Ness, Captain Falcon, King Dedede, MetaKnight, Zero Suit Samus

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Hey it's MechaWave.
This is the best comment in this entire little mess that's been going on since I left and slept. XD

Thanks Oasis. ¦D

Hello MechaWave. I'm Meta-Wave. ¦3

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Rob is staying for sure. He fits in with both G&W and WFT considering those characters are heavily tied to hardware/peripherals and represent Nintendo in pivotal moments in their history. Like I've always been saying.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
the OG 12 Smash characters coming back for Smash 4 isn't absolute fact

but it's pretty safe to assume that they will lol

I mean, you could argue that patterns can be broken, of course, but the way I see it, there's not too much out there that suggests that they won't return or better yet, that the pattern will be broken

feel me? of course, there's a possibility that Smash 4 could be a C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER, but I wouldn't say that it being a possibility is enough to discourage people from assuming that the pattern will resume

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I saw IGN's review of ALBW and i was pleasantly surprised to hear its a decent game.
But i'm gonna wait until more reviews come out they have a way of giving LoZ games more praise than deserved.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I think everyone from Brawl is going to return myself. Even the more doubtful ones (Lucario, Ike, Lucas, etc). If Toon Link can make the cut again, I don't see why anyone else can't this game. Less they pull a Mewtwo and well, cut someone unique like Mewtwo again.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
It's just Shion is in my father's anus, and Chicken Wing is in my mother's panties.

Speculating on Smash has made me an expert at identifying patterns, so it is with confidence I conclude they are related by some means.

SonicMario

Smash Master
@the Roster Cut discussions

You know it's just all the more interesting when there's a good fanbase for every character that's playable in the game. Not one character from Brawl being cut would be as well-received as Pichu's or Dr. Mario's cuts. Even Toon Link had he not been confirmed and been indeed cut would have not really been accepted that well.

By now I think there's 8 characters with some sort of possibility of being cut (I won't name them however). And even then I really only think at most 3 will leave, and most of those 8 I still think have a good chance of returning anyway. And the absolute lowest probability for anyone from Brawl is 50/50.

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
I remember hearing that Sakurai said that no characters were cut yet, so I doubt he'll cut any unless he HAS to.

Plus SSE took up a bunch of space, so with no story mode, it's unlikely.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
The cut/character priority arguments are stupid and one of the things about Smash speculation I frown upon the most.

Malion

Smash Ace
You know what would make me happy? A japanese voice and name option... that was such a fun feature in Melee and most of the voice actors weren't even changed there (leading to weird french Fox and deep throat Falco) but it'd be great to have Koopa and Purin and Ice Climber (singular) back.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
You know what would make me happy? A japanese voice and name option... that was such a fun feature in Melee and most of the voice actors weren't even changed there (leading to weird french Fox and deep throat Falco) but it'd be great to have Koopa and Purin and Ice Climber (singular) back.
Or Mewtwo's "Watashi wa makeru wake niwa ikanai".

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
The cut/character priority arguments are stupid and one of the things about Smash speculation I frown upon the most.
There were people who raged when Ice Climbers returned after claiming that the tier list in Melee determines who returns for Brawl. I found it amusing, actually. I'm glad I'm not seeing that here. Don't frown. Laugh at it.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
There were people who raged when Ice Climbers returned after claiming that the tier list in Melee determines who returns for Brawl. I found it amusing, actually. I'm glad I'm not seeing that here.
Competitively speaking, I hope they don't return. Watching a battle with them in it is never fun at all.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Infinite chain grabs can be removed. I'd like to see their movesets changed up a bit so they'd be more viable without the need to chaingrab 24/7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom