• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Yeah, it is my opinion. Why are you lashing out against it, calling me defensive, butthurt, whiny, and b****y?
Why, because it is the only language hypocrites like you understand. Simply put, it was the only way to get through to you, but apparently that didn't work out in my favor now did it?

I'm dropping the ball here. You can continue to play with it if you like.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Opinions are never respected, here, huh?
Opinions are respected, when and only when they are supported with good reasoning or valid sources.

People will usually respond negatively if done without either of them. That's just something to be mindful of in the future.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Hm, cool story bro.

If you're so butthurt by my (one persons) opinion on a video game character by all means report it to a Mod. I'm sure they would love to deal with you're pitiful sob story.
Hey, I'm just doing what you told me to do.

You're free to have your opinion but I'm also free to criticise it. Though with the way you told me to "Stick [my] f*cking eyes in front of [my] television", it seems more like you think that the IC's "not fitting" was some sort of objective truth.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
The only language you seem to process is Stupid.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish here? Saying the Ice Climbers don't fit?

We can't disagree on that opinion?

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Why, because it is the only language hypocrites like you understand. Simply put, it was the only way to get through to you, but apparently that didn't work out in my favor now did it?

I'm dropping the ball here. You can continue to play with it if you like.
Calling someone's reason stupid isn't the same as calling them stupid. And I really don't understand how I've been a hypocrite when you're over here saying "Opinions are good" and then lashing out at my opinion about your reasons.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Hey, I'm just doing what you told me to do.

You're free to have your opinion but I'm also free to criticise it. Though with the way you told me to "Stick [my] f*cking eyes in front of [my] television", it seems more like you think that the IC's "not fitting" was some sort of objective truth.
I was just metaphorically speaking.

This debate comes to a closure, feel free to keep playing this silly tag-team rage game if you like, bye bye :)

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
The only reason IC are gonna get cut is if Sakurai can't fix the AI problems (which I think will happen because I believe (someone can correct me on this) because the 3DS' tech is better than Gamecube's)

My reasoning, why would Sakurai use time and resources on fixing the problem if he didn't like them

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Opinions are respected, when and only when they are supported with good reasoning or valid sources.

People will usually respond negatively if done without either of them. That's just something to be mindful of in the future.
That doesnt make it an opinion then, if you were finding the fact. But even so, there's no reason to have a fit about a person's viewpoint because it isnt affecting anyone.

I understand that opinions are taken to a level not really meant to be reached, but i would assume we would act a bit mature about it.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Just my opinion buddy.

No need to get all defensive and butthurt.

Calling a reason stupid equates to being defensive and butthurt?

I guess the "Ridley is too big" argument is now valid then.

In all seriousness, people can respect your opinion of disliking the ICs, but you stated that they "didn't look like fighting characters in the slightest", which is dumb reasoning for WHY you think they should be cut. Plenty of characters are in Smash that don't exactly look like fighting game material, but Sakurai added them all regardless because in his eyes, they all fit in together just fine.

And what you mean by the "SMASH image", what the heck are you talking about? What's this whole "SMASH image" that everyone else in Smash has, but the Ice Climbers somehow lack? And how do you know the Ice Climbers aren't a fan favorite in Smash?

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
That doesnt make it an opinion then, if you were finding the fact. But even so, there's no reason to have a fit about a person's viewpoint because it isnt affecting anyone.

I understand that opinions are taken to a level not really meant to be reached, but i would assume we would act a bit mature about it.
Not necessarily, you are using facts to back up your opinion.

Example:
Person 1: I don't think Ness is returning, because Sakurai has stated that he has been meaning to replace Ness with Lucas.

Now the fact that Person 1 has used (Which is underlined) doesn't make his/her opinion a fact, but rather helps supports his or her claim based off of that fact.
I was just metaphorically speaking.

This debate comes to a closure, continue to keep playing this silly rage game if you like, bye bye :)
Did someone say a debate!?
I think we have found our next Divine
-

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
All right, i don't mean to drop the ball forcefully, but can we please talk about something more tasteful? We all have our view on why we want or don't want IC in (that's obvious). But really, no one is backing up their claims other than offending the other person and making themselves look like total fools.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
Calling a reason stupid equates to being defensive and butthurt?

I guess the "Ridley is too big" argument is now valid then.

In all seriousness, people can respect your opinion of disliking the ICs, but you stated that they "didn't look like fighting characters in the slightest", which is dumb reasoning for WHY you think they should be cut. Plenty of characters are in Smash that don't exactly look like fighting game material, but Sakurai added them all regardless because in his eyes, they all fit in together just fine.

And what you mean by the "SMASH image", what the heck are you talking about? What's this whole "SMASH image" that everyone else in Smash has, but the Ice Climbers somehow lack? And how do you know the Ice Climbers aren't a fan favorite in Smash?
What the heck is a true "fighting game" character anyway, many fighting games have different art styles and crap from street fighter to skull girls, to divekick, to smash, all fighting games, yet all different visuals

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Not necessarily, you are using facts to back up your opinion.
Example:
Person 1: I don't think Ness is returning, because Sakurai has stated that he has been meaning to replace Ness with Lucas.

Now the fact that Person 1 has used doesn't make his/her opinion a fact, but rather helps supports his or her claim based off of this fact.
Oh... Okay. I misunderstood what you were saying, my bad. But no mater how the opinion was posted, we shouldn't overreact.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
If I may-

Person 1: "I think this character should be cut because he doesn't look like a fighting game character."

Although it is fine to think a character doesn't fit in as an opinion, it's dumb reasoning for why you think the character should go.

This is all I'm saying on the matter as I would much rather talk about something else.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Oh... Okay. I misunderstood what you were saying, my bad. But no mater how the opinion was posted, we shouldn't overreact.
It's all good homie.
As for the last part, I don't think (Most) people are overreacting, they are just challenging the person's opinion.

If we didn't do this, this site would be overrun with people saying "Ridley has no chance. Reasoning: He's too big."

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Although it is fine to think a character doesn't fit in as an opinion, it's dumb reasoning for why you think the character should go.
That doesn't force you to address it, though. And even that as it may be, you think it's a bad reasoning, whereas others would take it with an agreement. It's not why the opinion is what it is- it's how you react towards it.

That's all I'm leaving it at, as well. Farewell for the night.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
That doesn't force you to address it, though. And even that as it may be, you think it's a bad reasoning, whereas others would take it with an agreement. It's not why the opinion is what it is- its's how you react towards it.

I agree with this, although at times it may be for the better that an opinion is challenged.

Anyway, I'd like to change the subject-

So umm, I don't think I have asked this here yet, I have on the Roster Prediction Discussion thread but not this one-

If you could choose three of any of the prievous starters (each must be at a different stage of it's evolution) for a new Pokemon Trainer, which would you choose?

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412

So hard choosing between Typlosion and Feraligatr.
But went for Feraligatr, because I hate how Crocnaw looks.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I was about to say that Chicken was an obvious troll.

But it was too amazing to stop.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
I was hoping to reveal my true I.D. to the Puff heroes back at the "Jigglypuff should be cut bcuz she sucks" a couple weeks ago but it was too late. The Mod arrived.

Nd he came equipped.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=217012
Super weird story about the Smash development process. It makes me wonder how Sakurai doesn't just flat out crack under the pressure.
Holy dooly. All of my what, and thank you for bringing this here.
Or Mewtwo's "Watashi wa makeru wake niwa ikanai".
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0ZCM7pGgqp2
Venus, someone pls check pronunciation, I have no doubt I messed everything up.
Stick your f*cking eyes in front of your television and you tell me.
Here, we see why people get mad (or any degree of), they think that it's obvious that their point of view is the correct one, and once they realize it's not obvious to others, they become haughty and pretentious towards the lowly idiots who do not understand.

Humility is best.
Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console, to be understood as to understand, to be loved as to love, for it is in giving that we receive, it is in pardoning that we are pardoned, and it is in dying we are born to eternal life with you. . .

Yes I know he was trolling, but some people actually do this seriously, it's just under a more subtle guise, they attempt to 'reason' with the other person in the stupidest ways imaginable.
Actually, I have no idea. Do people really do that?

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
To be quite honest, I don't think I could confidently say there is one Nintendo character that has been playable that did not fit in the game.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Snake.

Snake is the only person to be in Smash Brothers that I feel just did not fit, but it's whatever, even he could've been worse and at least he had more moveset variation than Sonic who does fit more than him.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I'm still impressed Sakurai took the route he did with Megaman. I remember joking that Sakurai would select NES sprite Megaman, little did I know how close that'd be to reality. And yet, somehow, in the back of my mind, it makes absolute sense.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm still impressed Sakurai took the route he did with Megaman. I remember joking that Sakurai would select NES sprite Megaman, little did I know how close that'd be to reality. And yet, somehow, in the back of my mind, it makes absolute sense.
Just imagine what he'd do with Morrigan.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
GAF is down. Must be Sony.

Man, this Oklahoma City @ Golden State game is wild.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom