• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
No, no no. Rocket Grunt summons a giant Giovanni who walks through the entire course, destroying everything possible in its wake.(like the Porky Statue did in the SSE or Mega Mario in New Super Mario Bros.) I say possible, because it has to be a destructable element. Then he laughs.

Also, today's picture is lame. Yay... Pikachu can sit. Want a cookie? Should've been Bowser...

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
This is terrible.

That's his TRIPPING ANIMATION!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
This is terrible.

That's his TRIPPING ANIMATION!
Just remember, he didn't specify what kind of tripping is gone. Maybe it means the Banana Peel(Item and/or Move) is back? We could be seeing a Diddy Kong reveal.

This isn't actually terrible now that you pointed out the animation.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
No, no no. Rocket Grunt summons a giant Giovanni who walks through the entire course, destroying everything possible in its wake.(like the Porky Statue did in the SSE or Mega Mario in New Super Mario Bros.) I say possible, because it has to be a destructable element. Then he laughs.
Or...

Rocket Grunt summons Giovanni and Ash, who Giovanni then tells everyone that he is indeed Ash's father. Every fighter then gets their mindblown = KO. Possible cuz Sakurai likes mind explosions.

But yeah, hopefully Pika's tripping cuz he ate some of Mario's Mushrooms jk of some sort of item/move (bonus points if it's a new item/move).

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Ash won't appear. But that is funny.

I think the Anime has avoided that when Ash met Giovanni(twice, since the second Mewtwo movie is in direction continuation with the Anime) and dropped any of the "Who's my father" stuff. It's not even a notable story piece. For some reason.

If you want Mind Explosions, put in Yami Yugi. :troll:

...And all the image is saying he's doing a better job at making them look nicer. Like avoiding clipping and such. Kind of neat?

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
More reason for me to love it, I love it when there's some good comedy in DBZ.
Turns out King Kai's planet is the tiny size that it is because Bills got mad when King Kai beat him at a car racing video game one day (the planet was originally a lot bigger). Comedic gold right there. Movie has the kind of humor that Dragon Ball had and DBZ lacked, for the most part, IMO.

Just remember, he didn't specify what kind of tripping is gaone. Maybe it means the Banana Peel(Item and/or Move) is back? We could be seeing a Diddy Kong reveal.

This isn't actually terrible now that you pointed out the animation.
Well, hoping the Pikachu in that image is a result of one of Diddy's banana peels then, or something of that nature.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, hoping the Pikachu in that image is a result of one of Diddy's banana peels then, or something of that nature.
Truthfully? I had fun with games with tripping. Just let us turn it off. Boom, issue solved.

I think that's the best solution. It wouldn't affect any other kinds of Tripping, just Random. That's easy to do by taking off the Banana Peel and not using Tripping-inducing moves.

D

Deleted member

I've just remarked something : Peach's page now includes a link to the Mario 3D World official page !

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
The only thing that should matter is Whis being stronger than anything.
For those that like Whis, sure, maybe. Otherwise though, don't see why it would matter. He was a more boring character to me and others I know regardless of power level, and didn't really like his design either, though I guess having a blue ring for a neck would make him a funnily interesting keychain, like Mewtwo Y or something.

Truthfully? I had fun with games with tripping. Just let us turn it off. Boom, issue solved.

I think that's the best solution. It wouldn't affect any other kinds of Tripping, just Random. That's easy to do by taking off the Banana Peel and not using Tripping-inducing moves.
Yeah. Make tripping optional, then everyone's happy. I mainly didn't like it in Brawl because it made certain KO's I got online feel like an empty victory, especially if I only warlock or falcon punched someone because they tripped rather than as a result of my own skill/timing. Whenever I lost partly as a result of tripping I was like "Okay, good for them" and moved on.

I've just remarked something : Peach's page now includes a link to the Mario 3D World official page !
'k, though with Rosalina in that game I could really care less about Peach at this point.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah. Make tripping optional, then everyone's happy. I mainly didn't like it in Brawl because it made certain KO's I got online feel like an empty victory, especially if I only warlock or falcon punched someone because they tripped rather than as a result of my own skill/timing. Whenever I lost partly as a result of tripping I was like "Okay, good for them" and moved on.
It was fun in casuals. Or watching computers playing. The funny look on their faces is neat, admittably.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Pika-cute. But yes, it looks like his tripping animation. Tripping WAS removed Sakurai said earlier no? If so, I see no reason to be upset.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Pika-cute. But yes, it looks like his tripping animation. Tripping WAS removed Sakurai said earlier no? If so, I see no reason to be upset.
Kind of.

For the record, when he was interviewed, they said, paraphrased "Is tripping removed?" in which he answered "Very much yes." Unfortunately, the interviewer was 100% vague on it. Even if he meant Random Tripping, Sakurai wouldn't know and could be talking about Item/Move/Random in any combination. Even all 3.

We can guess Pikachu is tripping somehow. Assuming that's the animation in 4 for actual Tripping for him. How? I dunno. Link and Toon Link do have a Tripping-move, their Grass Cutter, so it could be from that. I would love it if it was a Diddy Kong reveal coming soon. Or even a Banana Peel item being back.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Diddy reveal now when my girl is almost giving birth? That would really be the best thing ever for me.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

Also, today's picture is lame. Yay... Pikachu can sit. Want a cookie? Should've been Bowser...
Giovanni should do this instead.

IIRC, this is one of the few times in the anime's history where an entire scene was cut out from the English dub.

I don't think we have to worry about tripping so much. Considering Brawl was designed to be more casual friendly (yet not aimed squarely at casuals) and that this is meant to be somewhere down the middle between the last two games (likely in speed), I think it's safe to assume Sakurai was talking strictly about random tripping. Obviously no one had a problem with move/item induced tripping.

@Mecha
Holy Shinto! Please tell me that's not fake. This would kill so much of the Pokemon debates.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Diddy reveal now when my girl is almost giving birth? That would really be the best thing ever for me.
Would it be better if it was a Dixie reveal or no? :awesome:

@Kuma: Eh. I don't assume anything from a vague statement. Especially when it was a vague question. So... not really. Until we find out what exact Tripping was removed from him or once the game is released, I'll remain skeptical of what he meant. Any of those three, or even all of those three, could very much be possible. He can go to extremes. Remember the cutscenes being removed from Story Mode? Yeah. That was a pretty extreme response. Justified, mind you, but still. Wow.

MechaWave

Smash Champion

What is that that beholds my eye?
I'll just paste it here too:

/To be serious here, it is definitely a good amount of effort making a fake: creating custom textures and slight model adjustments to the characters in Brawl, exporting the screenshot, removing the Brawl background from the characters, adding an outline in Photoshop, and pasting it on a SSB4 Battlefield screen.

Jigglypuff has practically NO changes whatsoever from her Brawl model and texturing. Compared to Kirby, Jigglypuff would definitely have a graphical upgrade of some sort. Pretty good fake cuz of Ness tho./

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Jigglypuff has practically NO changes whatsoever from her Brawl model and texturing. Compared to Kirby, Jigglypuff would definitely have a graphical upgrade of some sort. Pretty good fake cuz of Ness tho./
Well, DK and Fox have very little changes from their Brawl models in the 3DS version as well. Besides, has Jigglypuff had much of a design evolution since Brawl? She's a ball with a tuft of hair. There's not much in the way of change to do.

Meanwhile, Ness' biggest thing appears to be that his colors have changed. I just hope that his moveset is changed up.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Well, DK and Fox have very little changes from their Brawl models in the 3DS version as well. Besides, has Jigglypuff had much of a design evolution since Brawl? She's a ball with a tuft of hair. There's not much in the way of change to do.

Meanwhile, Ness' biggest thing appears to be that his colors have changed. I just hope that his moveset is changed up.
Yes but the colors on Jigglypuff are practically identical to Brawl, you know what I mean? Jigglypuff would have some sort of upgrade like Kirby (who has a custom shadow filter) to give it distinguishing features.

Where did you get this picture?
It originated on Facebook as far as I know. I detailed how it was created by whomever made it above.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
It'll be Diddy, newcomers dun excist.
Would you just give a rest already? I mean, seriously. You say that EVERY time. Why not just wait quietly and see if it happens or not instead of acting so sure when you're clearly not?

Aren't you tired of being wrong, yet? -.o'

Also that Ness pic is probably fake.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It originated on Facebook as far as I know. I detailed how it was created by whomever made it above.
Weren't we getting official pictures on Facebook in Europe? I doubt it, but it could be from one of those. I mean, we have had accidental leaks before. Didn't they leak Jigglypuff early during Brawl's development by accident? Or was it someone else?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Would you just give a rest already? I mean, seriously. You say that EVERY time. Why not just wait quietly and see if it happens or not instead of acting so sure when you're clearly not?

Aren't you tired of being wrong, yet? -.o'

Also that Ness pic is probably fake.

I never recall saying things like these before, but kay.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Weren't we getting official pictures on Facebook in Europe? I doubt it, but it could be from one of those. I mean, we have had accidental leaks before. Didn't they leak Jigglypuff early during Brawl's development by accident? Or was it someone else?
Jigglypuff and Lucario. They showed a video about stickers and one sticker(Groudon I think?) had the list of the characters it could be attached to showing, which was all pokemon including the two secret ones. It was a lot more subtle than this.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Jigglypuff and Lucario. They showed a video about stickers and one sticker(Groudon I think?) had the list of the characters it could be attached to showing, which was all pokemon including the two secret ones. It was a lot more subtle than this.
Huh. Well, who knows? Not that I was worried about any of the original 12 at all, but interesting.

I'm still calling fake.

...Very tempted to call it real if Sheik's there, though. :3

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I'd take Sheik first before Ness or Jiggly, honestly. ¦D

Love me some Sheik. <3

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'd take Sheik first before Ness or Jiggly, honestly. ¦D

Love me some Sheik. <3
Everybody knows Jigglypuff and Ness are pretty much staying. Sheik is harder to say. I doubt she's leaving just as much. But I expect Falco to have a better chance than Wolf, but only barely. I expect them kept too. I expect Roy and/or Ike to show up at least. Pokemon-wise, Lucario and PT are just plain up in the air. There's a lot of Pokemon to show off as playable choices, so Sakurai doing some rotation doesn't really bother me at all.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Everybody knows Jigglypuff and Ness are pretty much staying.
No, we don't. We really don't. ¦D;

Sakurai is making this game. Nothing is set in stone until it happens.

Make no predictions. Consider nothing promised.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Original 12 = Stay.

Only thing I say is definitely safe. Anything else? Nope. I will consider them already in or will be in. No questions asked.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Original 12 = Stay.

Only thing I say is definitely safe. Anything else? Nope. I will consider them already in or will be in. No questions asked.
Again, you don't know that. Seriously. Stop assuming you're automatically correct. You just come off as obnoxious and then just as silly if it turns out to not be true. XD;

Sakurai said not to expect a lot of returning characters for a reason. (Which is funny in hindsight since all of the reveals have been veteran characters, but he also said not to expect a lot of newcomers, too. lol)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I don't care. I refuse to accept the original 12 are anything BUT safe. End of story. This is non-negotiable. Really don't give a crap what I come off as whatsoever. It is what it is. Can't accept anything else.

But to move on, I wonder if he might do DLC costumes. It'll work for a lot of characters, save a few who can't be costumes(since their moveset is TOO different from the originals. So they'd have to get changed movesets with that costume). Some examples can be Dr. Mario with his obvious changed properties(Megavitamins, and more), Pichu with damage, possibly Roy over Ike with an altered Final Smash and Up B.(that's really about the only thing that he needs, well, and obviously his sword has to look different)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom