• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
He's talking about the 3DS remake

He should have specified then. :L As technically the game already made it over seas. :C

You mean the Final Fantasy with a different name? So far it doesn't look all that great, I'll tell you more once I play the demo.
Eh, I think the game looks great so far. I always enjoy it when RPGs try to do something different with the battle mechanics and so far I'm liking the way the Brave and Default system is shown to work.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Where exactly do you live? As Dragon Quest VII was indeed released over seas into America labeled as Dragon Warrior VII. I presume you live in Europe since it was never released there apparently. That or you are just trying to troll.
First off, I'm a rabid and self-admitted Dragon Quest fanboy.

Secondly, Dragon Quest VII was my first ever exposure to the Dragon Quest (Dragon Warrior then) franchise. The 3DS remake fixed SO MUCH of what brought the original down. Add in the orchestrated soundtrack, better visuals, the return of the grotto system from DQIX, an improved monster village, monster party members, and a streamlined shard finder system -- why shouldn't I want this game released? The original already had an insane amount of replay value, adding in all this just increases that exponentially. I know people are excited about Bravely Defauly, I get that; but for me, if Nintendo's investment in this one Square Enix title is in any way at an expense of Dragon Quest VII, than I'm going to be peeved.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I forgot what the first dragon quest I played was, but the first I remember (Which wasn't the first I played) was the GBC remake of Dragon Quest 3

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
My first Dragon Quest game was Dragon Quest VIII for the PS2... Yangus is my man! :love:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
My first Dragon Quest game was Dragon Quest VIII for the PS2... Yangus is my man! :love:
Definitely one of the best in the series. Played it a couple years ago and was absolutely floored at the level of fidelity of the environment. Wished Skyward Sword took some visual cues from that game. Still say the best game in the series is Dragon Quest V. That game had the full package: good story, good soundtrack and a good mechanic system. You really can't beat this:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I would love a HD remake of Dragon Quest VIII for the Wii U... last I checked, you really liked the HD remake of The Wind Waker... I think you would agree that it would be good. Damn it... Square Enix needs to give Final Fantasy a rest and start working on their other IP's...

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
On the topic of towers. Top ten "tower" themes right here.

10. Final Fantasy IV - Tower of Babil
9. Skyblazer - Tower of the Tarolisk
8. Kirby Adventure 3 - Dark Tower
7. Castlevania II - Bloody Tears
6. Megaman 8 - Wily Stage 2
5. Super Mario Galaxy - Buoy Base Galaxy ~ Topman's Tower
4. Legend of Mana - Earth Painting
3. Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - Stone Tower Temple
2. Breath of Fire III - Technology
1. Dragon Quest V - Tower of Death
I would love a HD remake of Dragon Quest VIII for the Wii U... last I checked, you really liked the HD remake of The Wind Waker... I think you would agree that it would be good. Damn it... Square Enix needs to give Final Fantasy a rest and start working on their other IP's...

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Late response since I didn't have time to catch up on this thread again earlier, but whatever.

Is Battle of Gods dubbed in English yet?
Nah, it'll be awhile till that happens. Legal process that has to be done with Funimation and such which takes time. It's available online in english subtitles, however. Has been for awhile.

Ridley_Prime
That gif in your sig is such bull****.
:awesome: Was my first impression of the gif in your sig before I had a better understanding of how Charizard X works, so eh, feeling's mutual I guess? Bills > Goku, even in SSG form. Deal with it.

nah but Bils and Whis have English dub VA's in Battle of Z
Looking forward to that game, even if mostly only because of the team-up/co-op feature. About time there was a DBZ game where not everything's just 1 on 1, not to mention looking forward to seeing how Bills and SSG Goku plays.

LOL, Rosalina's Tanooki suit looks hilarious.
Hilariously cute you mean.

I wonder what new fan-art and stuff there has been for her since today's reveal.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
That movie sounds so dumb.

Like it was literally written by children.

"What if Goku becomes so POWERFUL he becomes a GOD?!?!"

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I need to find out more about the unified accounts thing. I'm loking to get a 3DS XL and I have like twenty bucks on my 3DS balance. I hope it works where I can do that merging, get the XL, transfer my SD on over, and act as if I never had the original 3DS.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I need to find out more about the unified accounts thing. I'm loking to get a 3DS XL and I have like twenty bucks on my 3DS balance. I hope it works where I can do that merging, get the XL, transfer my SD on over, and act as if I never had the original 3DS.
I'd think you'd be able to once the update goes live. Your balance information is tied to your NNID and not the hardware.

What has me excited is what other features will be available for NNID in the future. Bill seemed to hint that there would be more functionality added, which is a step in the right direction. All of our account information is tied together right now, the problem is Nintendo reserves the right to access and control that information without allowing users any type of meaningful access, so if Nintendo finds a way to allow digital backups of titles I think that would go a long way in helping their system. Cross compatibility between Virtual Console titles is probably never going to happen. Not because Nintendo is incapable of offering that service but rather their business model appears built upon charging consumers multiple times for the same product; because they know the value of their catalog, and take full advantage of the fact that people will buy NES Mario a thousand times over. Sad it has to be that way but it's nothing that other companies like Disney haven't done, and don't do already.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Now here's what I'm wanting to know. Can you do anything to transfer friend codes? If so, my Pokemon list would be unaffected.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
That movie sounds so dumb.

Like it was literally written by children.

"What if Goku becomes so POWERFUL he becomes a GOD?!?!"
My first reaction was that it was written by fanboys due to the God form being revealed shortly after Goku lost to Superman in Death Battle (Goku fans' tears from that fuel me :troll: ), but I guess written by children sounds about right too, or Toriyama just running out of ideas and deciding to press on with the series again for the sake of it.

Bills's character and Vegeta having a couple moments to shine again were the main highlights, IMO.

The entire series is like that ever since it became Monkeys in space.
To be fair and technical, yes. Which was why I said the movie was alright for DBZ standards.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Now here's what I'm wanting to know. Can you do anything to transfer friend codes? If so, my Pokemon list would be unaffected.
Just an update on this for anyone curious. There is a feature in the 3DS models that allows you to transfer data over to your other 3DS (XL or otherwise), this includes things like friend codes and balances. To transfer SD card data over to the new 4 GB card, just use a computer that can read SD cards to do the switching - I shouldn't have to explain this process.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
It wasn't one of the general Nintendo Directs that happens every other month, so people having high expectations were destined to shoot themselves in the foot.
Well, I think Rosalina's reveal surpassed plenty people's expectations this time, including mine.

Alzi

Smash Master
December there will be a direct and that is where iwata will set up the bombs and create hype. Then in the year 2014 which will be the year of the wii u and where everything goes back on track those bombs will all explode monthly with suprises and new reveals along the way.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Battle of Gods? I enjoyed it quite a bit actually

I can understand why fans of DBZ in particular may not have had the highest opinion of it though, since it's not a very serious movie

and lol @ CardiganBoy's sig

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
^ I thought i was the only one entranced by his sig lol^

Whats this December Nintendo Direct talk? Did they mention when the next Direct was taking place? I thought it was every other month???

Im not sold on 3D World or ALBW, but they are shaping up nicely. Besides the Dasiy snub, the biggest news to come out of this Direct is unified accounts.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Whats this December Nintendo Direct talk? Did they mention when the next Direct was taking place? I thought it was every other month???
That "other month" is next month. At least in the context of more extensive ones.

No word has been said about it, but it's pretty basic knowledge that there will be some sort of Nintendo Direct in the future about titles coming in 2014.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
That "other month" is next month. At least in the context of more extensive ones.

No word has been said about it, but it's pretty basic knowledge that there will be some sort of Nintendo Direct in the future about titles coming in 2014.
Oh okay, Gotchya.

Yeah, I thought the next Direct would be in January, but whenever it comes, I can't wait. Really looking forward to the Direct that details the 2014 line up.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Anyone looking forward to Professor Layton 6?

It's going to be sad to see one of my favorite game series go... but a true gentleman never overstays his visit.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I thought it would be weird if they announced a new character less than a week after Marth.
That being said, I was kind of getting my hopes up.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, I thought the next Direct would be in January, but whenever it comes, I can't wait. Really looking forward to the Direct that details the 2014 line up.
December or January, but one thing for sure it would be more surprising if we didn't get anything like that. There are several titles that are slated for a 2014 release date, like Bayonetta 2 and X, plus some titles that haven't been really discussed in a long time like Yoshi's Epic Yarn or Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem. So starting off the new year with a lot of new information would be beneficial overall.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Battle of Gods? I enjoyed it quite a bit actually

I can understand why fans of DBZ in particular may not have had the highest opinion of it though, since it's not a very serious movie

and lol @ CardiganBoy's sig
Is it more reminiscent of Dragon Ball then?

^ I thought i was the only one entranced by his sig lol^

Im not sold on 3D World or ALBW, but they are shaping up nicely. Besides the Dasiy snub, the biggest news to come out of this Direct is unified accounts.
The unified accounts thing reminds me of the PS3 looking like crap at first, but after several updates, it finally shaped up to be a good console.

Let's hope this goes triple for the WiiU because we all know it needs it.

The December Direct is going to be HUGE. I just know it. They have no choice but to be pushing their 2014 library. I hope they come out guns ablazing while this is playing:
Seriously. This song alone has made me excited for X.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
December or January, but one thing for sure it would be more surprising if we didn't get anything like that. There several titles that slated for a 2014 release date, like Bayonetta 2 and X, plus some titles that haven't been really discussed in a long time like Yoshi's Epic Yarn or Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem. So starting off the new year with a lot of new information would be beneficial overall.
I feel like a Nintendo Direct for 2014 will come out sometime in December.
Crossing my fingers for a newcomer, as a Christmas gift.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom