• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malion

Smash Ace
I'm glad that Rosalina is playable in Super Mario 3D World. Now my cousin's daughters can both play as girls in Super Mario 3D World instead of fighting over who gets to play as the token female character. I just hope they don't fight over who gets to play as the pink princess. :rolleyes:
Kids are weird to play with. I was playing Mario Kart with some kid cousins of mind and BOTH of them wanted to be mario... like... what? Mario is the most boring character ever. Lol.

D

Deleted member

I'm not sure why anyone was expecting new information six days after Marth was already revealed
September 26: Toon Link
October 1 (5 days later): Sonic

Tell me again, why is the thought of another character 6 days later baffling?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
As much as I like Rosalina, having a character like her over more important ones like Toad and Jumior wouldn't make any sense.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I loved Rosalina in the Galaxy games, so I was glad that she was sticking around as playable through Kart and party games, but her being the 5th playable character in 3D World? EEP.

Now when it comes to Smash, I'd rather Toad or Bowser Jr before her, but I'd take her.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
If Rosalina was given a Mario Galaxy inspired moveset, I think she would be a good addition.

And I would prefer her over Bowser Jr.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
My thoughts:

-Rosalina in 3D World is cool but the fact that she became playable in a Mario canon game that isn't a remake before Wario or Waluigi makes we want to go sit in a dark corner somewhere and think about the meaning of existence. On the upside, 3D World seems to have a nice amount of content and I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up getting DLC.

-I really applaude Nintendo for actually caring about Pikmin 3 and giving it a surprising amount of DLC despite coming out 4 months ago.

-Nintendo's been a really big supporter for indie developers this gen and I'm glad the trend is continuing.

-Zelda's cool, yo.

-Linking 3DS and WiiU accounts? FINALLY! Christ... the fact that they were separate for the longest time downright annoyed me to no end.

On a different note, this bit of news is particularly cool and, who knows, maybe some Smash announcements might end up getting tied to it: http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=216904

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
LOL, Rosalina's Tanooki suit looks hilarious

On a different note, this bit of news is particularly cool and, who knows, maybe some Smash announcements might end up getting tied to it: http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=216904
1) I didn't know Zelda 2 was out in the eshop, I need to get it

2) I bet Mario 3 is released during the Mario deals! ...At least hope so. It's suppose to be out relatively soon

TwentyTwo

Smash Ace
My thoughts:

-Rosalina in 3D World is cool but the fact that she became playable in a Mario canon game that isn't a remake before Wario or Waluigi makes we want to go sit in a dark corner somewhere and think about the meaning of existence. On the upside, 3D World seems to have a nice amount of content and I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up getting DLC.

-I really applaude Nintendo for actually caring about Pikmin 3 and giving it a surprising amount of DLC despite coming out 4 months ago.

-Nintendo's been a really big supporter for indie developers this gen and I'm glad the trend is continuing.

-Zelda's cool, yo.

-Linking 3DS and WiiU accounts? FINALLY! Christ... the fact that they were separate for the longest time downright annoyed me to no end.

I was just in the process of writing up a post and yours came up. Agreed. All over.

But I too am a bit disappointed with the lack of Smash news.

Malion

Smash Ace
I'm curious what Fire Rosalina will look like... and I kinda want a Fire Peach colour scheme for Sm4sh

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Why is the Donkey Kong sale going on when Tropical Freeze has been delayed to February? Unless the game is being released on eShop before the physical release?

Oh, and the Kirby 3DS game is officially Kirby: Triple Deluxe now.
The new Kirby game for Nintendo 3DS has a name: Kirby: Triple Deluxe. More information about the game will be announced in the future.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Well... GREAT updates.. I'm a little disappointed that no vets. were revealed...

Eh, At least we got to see more of
<--- THIS on the Wall!

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
Rosalina, omg YES! How didn't I realized that if she were playable she would use the spin attack from galaxy as her special ability, haha.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Triple Deluxe
TD
Triple = 3
3D
DDD
Dedede
Dedede will be revealed next Direct featuring the Kirby game . Calling it now.

So, there was nothing on the Kirby or Yoshi game in the Direct? I'm disappointed... Hey, I can look forward to Rosalina in SM3DW. Good that I didn't get my hopes up on getting any Smash news.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Dedede will be revealed next Direct featuring the Kirby game . Calling it now.

So, there was nothing on the Kirby or Yoshi game in the Direct? I'm disappointed... Hey, I can look forward to Rosalina in SM3DW. Good that I didn't get my hopes up on getting any Smash news.
Like I've been saying for months now: we'll probably have another large ND in January highlighting the games coming out in 2014, and maybe a couple new reveals.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Am I the only who is happy about Bravely Default finally having a specified release date for NA, with a collectors edition to boot none the less? You people make me sad. :C

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Rosalina confirmed!

....for Super Mario 3D World! (yes I know I'm late)

Anyway, I was expecting some kind of Smash news, but I'm kind of surprised we got nothing at all.

Ah well. Theres always the next Direct.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Am I the only who is happy about Bravely Default finally having a specified release date for NA, with a collectors edition to boot none the less? You people make me sad. :C
I wish Bravely Default would fall off the face of the earth for potentially squandering any hope of Dragon Quest VII making it overseas. I wish it ruin and nothing but the worst of fates... Basically a release on the Wii U.

I despise that game with unbridled resentment.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Like I've been saying for months now: we'll probably have another large ND in January highlighting the games coming out in 2014, and maybe a couple new reveals.
I'm thinking more along December, I mean what else are they going to show in terms of new Wii U content?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I'm thinking more along December, I mean what else are they going to show in terms of new Wii U content?
Nah, I still say January. They'll wait until after the Wii U bombs during the holiday season and go into panic mode, once again, with another media blowout, in an effort to generate some goodwill with fans and investors.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I wish Bravely Default would fall off the face of the earth for potentially squandering any hope of Dragon Quest VII making it overseas. I wish it ruin and nothing but the worst of fates... Basically a release on the Wii U.

I despise that game with unbridled resentment.

Where exactly do you live? As Dragon Quest VII was indeed released over seas into America labeled as Dragon Warrior VII. I presume you live in Europe since it was never released there apparently. That or you are just trying to troll.

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
You mean the Final Fantasy with a different name? So far it doesn't look all that great, I'll tell you more once I play the demo.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Where exactly do you live? As Dragon Quest VII was indeed released over seas into America labeled as Dragon Warrior VII. I presume you live in Europe since it was never released there apparently. That or you are just trying to troll.
He's talking about the 3DS remake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom