• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Annnnnnd...now the stream will start again and Reggie will be like, "Though it was over motherf@#ker?" and he will jump into a 3DS where he will reveal that he's in Smash :troll:.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'm not gonna be on the bandwagon and think Rosalina will be playable in Smash, but I can say that it's only a matter of time til we see fanart of Cat Rosalina, just like we did for Peach.

EDIT: Gonna have to agree with ... though. Like I said, only watched the stream for any new Smash news, and we got none.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
There were also those other 9 things that were shown off for 3D World.
The "kart-style" racing game looks cool.

They seem to be putting much more effort in this title than other recent Mario platformer games, and that's good.

----

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
No Yoshi info either. Not even info on the Kirby game. All in all, I consider this a boring direct, but there's been worse.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
For supposedly focusing on "previously announced 3DS software" there weren't that many 3DS games shown.

Aside from the unified accounts, which are honestly something that should have been done day one, there wasn't much stuff that was super interesting. I agree with tri, this was a dud for the most part.

D

Deleted member

Eh, I was more on the side that we wouldn't get that much.
Even though there was the possibility of a mini-reveal for say, Yoshi, Zelda, Meta Knight, or King Dedede because of Yoshi's New Island, A Link Between Worlds, and Kirby 3DS, I was hesitant to believe we would get any of them since this was not one of the huge Directs we get every other month. That won't come until December.

And while Rosalina in 3D World is great and all, it doesn't seem appropriate for what was supposed to be a 3DS Direct.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Damn... people will be negative about anything...
Yeah, they especially tend to be negative about things they don't like. Crazy how that works, huh?

This was a pretty meh Direct if we're being honest with ourselves. Most people already knew Rosaliina was going to be in 3DWorld(though it's nice to see a confirmation and get a preview of what she'll play like), and the only other thing of interest to me is that Nintendo is starting catching up to everybody else when it comes to their online system, though it'll take more than just a shared wallet to do that.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Tis some cool stuff. I was hoping for a bit more, though. Really, a single Smash reveal would've been neat(hell, even a new stage). But since Marth was revealed without a reveal or specific on a date of a release of his game, we'll still see probably at least one more character this month. If not more.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I know we wouldn't see Tropical Freeze stuff, but at the very least if we got 3D World news, Tropical Freeze news would have been nice to go with it.
As I said in my edit, it's got to be either Cranky, K. Rool or a new DK Jr.

EDIT: I've never been a Rosalina supporter, but I would not mind if she was in Smash now.
Only issue is that both her and Palutena might be redundant (I am aware of their differences, but you can't really deny they have at least a similar premise).
Considering 3D World is being released next week, while Tropical Freeze still has three months left before its release, I cannot say it is all that surprising.

The bigger disappointment for me was the lack of any DQ7 localization announcement. Of course, I shouldn't be since Nintendo is investing all of their efforts into Bravely Default at this moment, and if there is to be a localization it will probably come later into next year. Still have not given up hope completely, but if by E3 I hear nothing, than I can put that dream to rest. Also surprised by the lack of Yoshi's New Island information.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, they especially tend to be negative about things they don't like. Crazy how that works, huh?

This was a pretty meh Direct if we're being honest with ourselves. Most people already knew Rosaliina was going to be in 3DWorld(though it's nice to see a confirmation and get a preview of what she'll play like), and the only other thing of interest to me is that Nintendo is starting catching up to everybody else when it comes to their online system, though it'll take more than just a shared wallet to do that.

Seriously dude.... absolutely 0 people thought Rosalina would be playable. Don't kid yourself. Everyone assumed she would be in the game some way because of finding the observatory in the art, but don't act like this wasn't a big suprise because you're butt hurt about no new Smash Bros update.

You obviously don't own a nintendo console because if you did you would be excited for the new updates.

So take your negativity elsewhere because it's the broken record theme song for this site.

It was a Nintendo Direct to promote their upcoming 3DS games, **** them right?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was excited for Yarn Yoshi.

It looks better than Yoshi's Island 3DS

For some reason that game looks really bland

Seriously dude.... absolutely 0 people thought Rosalina would be playable. Don't kid yourself. Everyone assumed she would be in the game some way because of finding the observatory in the art, but don't act like this wasn't a big suprise because you're butt hurt about no new Smash Bros update.

You obviously don't own a nintendo console because if you did you would be excited for the new updates.

So take your negativity elsewhere because it's the broken record theme song for this site.

It was a Nintendo Direct to promote their upcoming 3DS games, **** them right?
There are totally threads that outright say "Rosalina is playable" after the artwork was found

It wasn't a big surprise to people that followed news

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Hmm..........

Btw, if what I'm hearing is true, then there's a good chance by the time 3D World is out you're going to see a rise in a certain Mario character's popularity. Not going to say much more than that due to potential spoilers, but I've giving everyone a heads up now.
Is it....
Rosalina?
Yes. Rumor is she's a hidden character. One of the stamps on the stamp sheet looks like a playable logo of Rosalina's head, adding to what we know of her Observatory making some appearance during the game.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
es. Rumor is she's a hidden character. One of the stamps on the stamp sheet looks like a playable logo of Rosalina's head, adding to what we know of her Observatory making some appearance during the game.
I don't know if you heard but Rosalina is confirmed

Edit: OIC, It was a broken quote, LOL

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
I was excited for Yarn Yoshi.

It looks better than Yoshi's Island 3DS

For some reason that game looks really bland

There are totally threads that outright say "Rosalina is playable" after the artwork was found

It wasn't a big surprise to people that followed news
Okay so some people predicted that, doesn't make the reveal any less exciting

Malion

Smash Ace
Rosalina in 3d world is cool... I'd be down for her in smash now... or at least some female.

Would anyone be weirded out if they made a Smash 3D world with various nintendo characters? Or a racing/tennis game? I've always been interested in the idea.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
When thinking about other possible hidden characters, I came up with the idea of Wario and Waluigi

There should totally be a Wario Bros game though.

They could make it like a twisted version of the Mario bros game. It could be awesome.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Rosalina in 3d world is cool... I'd be down for her in smash now... or at least some female.

Would anyone be weirded out if they made a Smash 3D world with various nintendo characters? Or a racing/tennis game? I've always been interested in the idea.
That'd be amazing. Racing would also mean that every character, even old NPC's, could be playable for a giant cast. Fighting Polygons. Sure. Master Hand. Why not? And so on. That's the fun thing about Racing Games, the balance is less important if you go solely by weight class. Pichu, for instance, could be exactly the same as Falco and Pikachu for being in the Lightweighs.(I say Falco because he's a bird, so being "light" would make a bit of sense).

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Okay so some people predicted that, doesn't make the reveal any less exciting
I don't know, that jazzy Gusty Garden Galaxy remix got me hyped.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I mean, for argument's sake, even if he did own a Nintendo console, how is that supposed to change his feelings about the updates lol it's not like this means he doesn't like or support Nintendo

just because someone owns a product from a company doesn't mean they have to be excited or happy about everything said company has planned

D

Deleted member

Other than Mewtwo (and maybe Little Mac, though I'm more of a Bald Bull fan), I would.

Don't care that much about Pac-Man or Miis, and whether I saw them coming or not, I would not be all that hyped.
Interested in how they will be, maybe, but not hyped.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I'm not sure why anyone was expecting new information six days after Marth was already revealed, especially during a Nintendo Direct that was only airing in North America and Europe. I've told you all, and I will say it again: wait until the first week of December when A Link Between Worlds is getting ready to release in Japan. You people are spoiled. I've got finals, work, Super Mario 3D world, and a swanky new Zelda 3DS XL bundle to keep me occupied for the next couple of months.

And I still need to pick up Pikmin 3. That Christmas DLC is off the wall. Raiding fruitcakes and all that crap.

Malion

Smash Ace
When thinking about other possible hidden characters, I came up with the idea of Wario and Waluigi

There should totally be a Wario Bros game though.

They could make it like a twisted version of the Mario bros game. It could be awesome.
The moment New Super Mario filled it's cast with Two Toads is when I lost hope for a wario/waluigi in that sort of game... and then mii were added which had mario, luigi, wario and then just some random colour... that tells me how little they think of waluigi... much to my dismay.

They could easily save the character if they just paid attention to him.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
For those complaining about showing Wii U stuff when Nintendo promised 3DS news, Nintendo usually includes stuff outside of what was advertised so I'm not surprised they did it.

Nice to see the unified eShop balances and the YouTube app. Too bad still no word on Flipnote Studio 3D (thanks to those ***holes who ruined Swapnote and Japan's Flipnote Studio 3D friend gallery, I'm almost worried that it could be canceled.)

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Wario Bros. game would be dope

but it ain't happening (IMO of course)

you'd have a better chance of Waluigi being playable in Smash than that

speaking of which, I wonder when Wario will get revealed

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I'm glad that Rosalina is playable in Super Mario 3D World. Now my cousin's daughters can both play as girls in Super Mario 3D World instead of fighting over who gets to play as the token female character. I just hope they don't fight over who gets to play as the pink princess. :rolleyes:

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559

Calm down there Nintendo warrior... Not everyone is going to gush over everything just because it's "on a Nintendo console."

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
So if Mewtwo, Pacman, Little Mac or Mii's are confirmed for Smash Bros you're just going to sit back in your chair with your arms crossed and say "duh"?
You're annoying me.

I'd only be saying "duh" to Little Mac because it's been long overdue. Pacman and Mii would make me facepalm for how bland those ideas are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom