• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Better him than poor Pit. D:

And don't forget the Nintendo Direct in 8 hours iirc.

Malion

Smash Ace
Hmm I was sort of hoping the net would be his standard attack and he could just beat people with it... you know like he does in-game... I mean he already has a fishing-rod for grappling.

Oh well I'm sure it'll still be cool.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Villager grab confirmed to be garbage
Not even officially his grab(as in his literal Throw, with Shield + A or Throw Button). Could be a B move like Bowser's was in Melee/Brawl. I think I figured out the comparison to Link/Samus' entirely. Like those two, his "grab" is from a distance. I doubt you can use this to easily hang off an edge. It has nothing to hook onto like the others. Samus' does it via energy. Link's actually dig into the wall. This? Nah. Fishing Rod could do it, though. That little hook could dig into the floor.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The exact quote states:

I think it's pretty confirmed
As a type of a throw. Not as his exact throw. Could be Side B, since Grapple Moves are B moves too. Unless he can somehow beat on someone while holding them in the net by pressing A after capturing them, it wouldn't make much sense. His Fishing Rod, however, makes far more sense overall as a throw compared to a special since it has more applications. More distance, can tether properly(this is the big thing), doesn't prevent him from holding them afterwards in any hard way.

Really, this is still vaguely said. Grapple is a pretty vague term to use anyway. Why use it? Throw is a better term to use to be less confusing. Yay, we know he can use his Net to capture someone for some kind of move. And it has distance. That and only that was legitimately confirmed.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Man, I thought Battle of the Gods was a terrible, terrible
Movie...

Honestly, they wasted so much damn time and even went as far as to make Vegeta look like a complete *****. Plot was stupidly written on a whim, too.. IMO.
Eh, to each their own. By the series' standards the movie was pretty much average, I felt (not the best, but certainly not one of the worst either). Terrible is things like Bio-Broly, or that movie short that had Vegeta's brother with Goten and Trunks fighting some Frieza level characters while Goku and everyone else just sat back and watched for the most part...

At least Vegeta did better against Bills than SSJ3 Goku though, even if it was out of reacting to Bulma being bitchslapped. My main gripes with the movie were Super Saiyan God simply looking like a slightly recolored Kaioken, and the plot twist with Whis at the end. Bills's design I love obviously, but Whis is on Arceus levels of lame as a God.

Oh, and wasn't too fond of the CG animation either compared to the traditional animation style.

As for the Ninty Direct, kinda hoping it is just something simple Pokemon related. Could always use more of that.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I wouldn't mind if the Direct gave us an all new character.(but all new, I don't mean just something like Toon Ganondorf. Not that he isn't an awesome choice, but an actual character never in.)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If nobody new comes today, I won't be disappointed because with the pile of games coming out next week, I'd be genuinely surprised if absolutely no one was revealed between now and next Saturday.
It could happen. I mean, while a lot were disappointed we didn't get a reveal for Pokemon with the latest games coming out, getting one already with Marth is still nice.

...Also, more Bowser pictures for the Pic of the Day, please. -_-

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Eh, to each their own. By the series' standards the movie was pretty much average, I felt (not the best, but certainly not one of the worst either). Terrible is things like Bio-Broly, or that movie short that had Vegeta's brother with Goten and Trunks fighting some Frieza level characters while Goku and everyone else just sat back and watched for the most part...

At least Vegeta did better against Bills than SSJ3 Goku though, even if it was out of reacting to Bulma being *****slapped. My main gripes with the movie were Super Saiyan God simply looking like a slightly recolored Kaioken, and the plot twist with Whis at the end. Bills's design I love obviously, but Whis is on Arceus levels of lame as a God.

Oh, and wasn't too fond of the CG animation either compared to the traditional animation style.
Is Battle of Gods dubbed in English yet?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'd call your avatar one of those rare occasions it works. It looks better when he's angry, as in some cutscenes in Returns, but most of the time he just looks like an awkward goofball or a rapist.

Better him than poor Pit. D:

And don't forget the Nintendo Direct in 8 hours iirc.
I'd much rather have Pit caught than Link.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
So less than an hour left. It says it'll talk about 3ds stuff to be released next year. I really hope that we see more Smash footage at least, since that IS to be released in 2014 after all. Tbh, that's the only reason why I'm watching the stream.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
On the subject of the Direct. I hope we get more concise info on the release of Bravely Default for the American release besides Q1 2014. :L

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Good thing the Villager's net is very elastic and durable that Ridley can fit inside and cannot puncture the plastic with his claws. :troll:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Sucks that I am gonna miss Nintendo Direct today... I have class at 11am till noon. I will be back later after class to catch up with you guys. :awesome:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Silly Reggie and his elevator powers.

New Link Between Worlds trailer.

Reggie's right about not forgetting your first Zelda game. The first one I owned was Oracle of Seasons.
Second game I owned was the GBA port of Link to the Past.

Edit: There's a Milk Bar in Hyrule? lol

------

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom