• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The more I watch Dragon Ball series the more I realize.

Vegeta is more pure hearted than Goku

Goku is a horribly selfish person that's kind of an idiot

Vegata would fight for his wife and kids, later in the series but Goku only fights for himself

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There is a guy in here with a bills avatar so I decided to watch the movie and see what it was about

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Normally I'd say "I doubt we'd get anything this close to a character release"

BUT the same thing happened last time. We got Sonic before the "New Challenger Approaching" banner went down

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
The quality of Pokemon X and Y's soundtrack is amazing :D
Downloaded the album and enjoying it. The 3DS doesn't do it enough justice considering it is compressed.

Shroob

Sup?
Although Peach was revealed on an Anniversary, her being the promo material for 3D World would not surprise me if Zelda came early like she did.

Inbeforepeoplespottheintendedinnuendo

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
So, the Nintendo Direct will be at 4 pm here... Meh, I won't be able to watch it live... Oh well. :ohwell:

Here's hoping we'll get some news about Smash 4, but I won't be setting myself for disappointment.

(If the daily picture tomorrow features Olimar, then we'll probably have an important reveal tomorrow... :troll:)

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I guess so, I did hope a little (just a itsy bitsy little) that he may have been revealed on the release of Azran Legacy but Marth was revealed instead, I'd say Zelda would be more likely to get revealed for this Nintendo Direct if we were to get any reveals tomorrow (either her or a different veteran character like Yoshi or somebody).

I would be very excited if we do end up getting a Professor Layton reveal trailer tomorrow but I'd say it would be a wise choice to not expect that. Ah well, I'd be happy with any reveals tomorrow I guess, if we were to get any that is.
We've had a long ride, us Layton fans.... anyway, for you're viewing enjoyment:

My reaction to Layton's reveal.

SUPER COACH!!.gif

SUPER HYPER POWER UBER NINJA NEO ULTRA SAIYAN MULTI ALPHA META EXTRA PREFIX
COMBO!!!!!!!

But in all seriousness, I'd do a near reaction of the guy above.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
So, the Nintendo Direct will be at 4 pm here... Meh, I won't be able to watch it live... Oh well. :ohwell:

Here's hoping we'll get some news about Smash 4, but I won't be setting myself for disappointment.

(If the daily picture tomorrow features Olimar, then we'll probably have an important reveal tomorrow... :troll:)
Shh.. I have money on a new character.. :p

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691

Yeah, I won't be able to watch it either, I have a full schedule tomorrow. Ah the well, I'm just happy we have a direct.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I already know I'll most likely be disappointed in the stream as I'm waiting for December for what I may be waiting for. However, I'm still eager see just a bit more of the gameplay like what they did with Sonic (although I don't really like that hedgehog). So if my sleeping patterns aren't screwed up, I'll be watching too. As far as we know, it could be another veteran.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Unless Smash 4 news/ Advanced Wars 3DS/ UNIFIED ACCOUNT SYSTEM is announced I do not expect to get excited.
And I agree with Addy Pitty-Pat, I'm looking forward to the first Nintendo Direct of the year to see what' in tore for the wii U/3ds

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
All I'm expecting out of the Nintendo Direct is more sneak previews of Yoshi's New Island and Kirby 3DS, in terms of new content.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Hope for the best, expect the worst.
I had once professed exactly this, that we must expect nothing, but hope for everything.
I then learned the clearest definition of hope I'd ever know: http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/07465b.htm
However, not much changed. Now, instead of making a distinction between hope and expectation, I profess that disappointment is not the natural product of unfulfilled hope, but rather it can only occur when one thinks themselves entitled to the outcome, that is, despair can only spring forth from the bosom of arrogance.

Alzi

Smash Master
Iwata: "We have one last thing to show you... please take a look"

Screen goes black and this comes up:

"Shion"

Smash Ace
NNID
Shion_Sensei
Man, I thought Battle of the Gods was a terrible, terrible
Movie...

Honestly, they wasted so much damn time and even went as far as to make Vegeta look like a complete *****. Plot was stupidly written on a whim, too.. IMO.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Man, I thought Battle of the Gods was a terrible, terrible
Movie...

Honestly, they wasted so much damn time and even went as far as to make Vegeta look like a complete *****. Plot was stupidly written on a whim, too.. IMO.
Yeah I guess, but the fact that it was another Z movie made me happy enough.

Either way its still better than Evolution =p

DeadlyAllianceLeader

Smash Apprentice
NNID
n64by44
3DS FC
1547-5288-9488
What if they make Zelda/Hilda a character? That is, to celebrate A Link Between Worlds, instead of having Zelda switch into Shiek this time around, she becomes Hilda, with a new and different moveset? Possibly a scepter?

And then, instead of leaving Sheik out completely, she becomes her own character based off her appearance in OOT 3D, or, possibly, has her moveset transferred to Impa from Skyward Sword/ OOT 3D? I'm not at all going to assume this would ever happen, but if it's okay to speculate or mess about

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Hell no! I don't like the idea of Zelda or Ganon leaving/being replaced. She stays!

Though I wouldn't mind if Hilda gets added as a new character or even alt. costume. Same goes for witch Ganon if they decide to throw her in.

DeadlyAllianceLeader

Smash Apprentice
NNID
n64by44
3DS FC
1547-5288-9488
Hell no! I don't like the idea of Zelda or Ganon leaving/being replaced. She stays!

Though I wouldn't mind if Hilda gets added as a new character or even alt. costume. Same goes for witch Ganon if they throw her in.
Oh, of course. At this point, Zelda's a bit of a titular character. I suppose what I mean is that, Zelda stays how she is, maybe redesigned in a physical sense, but... instead of transforming into Sheik with her down-special, she becomes Hilda, while Sheik is a seperate character, possibly having her move set transferred to Impa so there's less confusion and talk over Sheik being seperate from Zelda...? Again, ALL just speculation, though

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
We've had a long ride, us Layton fans.... anyway, for you're viewing enjoyment:

My reaction to Layton's reveal.

View attachment 4249

SUPER HYPER POWER UBER NINJA NEO ULTRA SAIYAN MULTI ALPHA META EXTRA PREFIX
COMBO!!!!!!!

But in all seriousness, I'd do a near reaction of the guy above.
What I love about this is that I'm listening to the Super Saiyan 3 theme right now. :awesome:

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Oh, of course. At this point, Zelda's a bit of a titular character. I suppose what I mean is that, Zelda stays how she is, maybe redesigned in a physical sense, but... instead of transforming into Sheik with her down-special, she becomes Hilda, while Sheik is a seperate character, possibly having her move set transferred to Impa so there's less confusion and talk over Sheik being seperate from Zelda...? Again, ALL just speculation, though
Oh ok, I understand what you're saying. Although I'm not sure on the whole transform into Hilda matter. It seems like unnecessary work to create a moveset when they could just make her an alt. costume. Like Peach and Daisy.

What I love about this is that I'm listening to the Super Saiyan 3 theme right now. :awesome:
You should check out EnigmaTNG dbz themes.

They are pretty awesome.

"Shion"

Smash Ace
NNID
Shion_Sensei
Rhythm Heaven is so extremely dissimilar to Layton and Ace Attorney that I don't understand how it could be tangibly relevant.
It has nothing to do with it. Nothing at all.

Never said it did in the first place, lol. It's just my preference.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Iwata: "We have one last thing to show you... please take a look"

Screen goes black and this comes up:

I'm heavily skeptical of us getting any newcomer during tomorrow's Direct, but the Direct after tomorrow's Direct is entirely another story...

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
GUYS, trust me when I say this. Before the last two nintendo direct character reveals, Olimar was shown next to another character for height differences. If the image update today involves Olimar and one other character, new character confirmed for tomorrow. #logic :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
The biggest thing anyone should be holding their breath for is confirmation of whatever the next 3DS Pokemon endeavor is.

Not counting Detective Pikachu because I'll never accept new Pikablu.

Malion

Smash Ace
I seem to have managed to hit 100 posts just as I hit my week anniversary in this place... not sure if that means I post too much or not enough. Heh.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
There's a Direct.... the day after a Direct?
No, there's not. I'm banking on the next Nintendo Direct after this one being a preview of Nintendo's various 2014 releases, Smash included. This will more likely than not come either in late December or early January, making it a very justifiable and sensible time to reveal at least one newcomer.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Sakurai refers to it as similar to Grappling Beam and the Clawshot, a "grappling move". Seems like it's his throw. Cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom