• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The only thing we could possibly get Smash wise if anything at all is Zelda being revealed.

I don't even expect that though.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
The only thing we could possibly get Smash wise if anything at all is Zelda being revealed.

I don't even expect that though.
Or Yoshi if they talk about Yoshi's New Island.

Or MK/Dedede if they talk about the new 3DS Kirby. Really there's a number of things they could use this as an opportunity to confirm.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Typically it's the closest releasing game in the direct that got the confirmation of a playable character.

That's why I say it's much safer to assume a Zelda reveal if anything.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
While I'm excited about some of those 3DS games coming out, for some reason they just don't look as good as past versions of the games.

The kirby doesn't look as good as part kirby games, the Yoshi game doesn't look even as good as Yoshi's Island 2...etc.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
First Kirby game I played was Superstar Ultra.

Few years after that I got Epic Yarn for Christmas. A year later I got Return to Dreamland, and since then I downloaded Kirby's Dreamland 3 and the N64 Crystal Shards on the Virtual Console.

As for a character reveal during the Direct, the possibility of a reveal is rather low, seeing as how Marth was revealed just a few days ago, but the reveal times of Toon Link and Sonic are quie close to each other, so it's not safe to say there will be NO reveal. (and if there is a reveal, I'd expect it to be Zelda)

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Inb4 Layton gets confirmed on the new Nintendo Direct due to the European release of Azran Legacy a few days ago.........:troll:

*sigh*. :urg:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I have a LONG History with Kirby, having played it since the first game.

Squeak Squad was my favorite in how they implemented powers. I just love using the powers in that game.

Dreamland 2 is my favorite game because of nostalgia and the use of combining powers and animals to unlock certain routes and raindrops. Certain raindrops could only be obtained if, not only you had the right power BUT you had to have the right animal as well because they all used their powers differently.

While I liked Kiby's Adventure, I don't like it as much as the Dreamland series

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
You must maintain that hope! Why would Sakurai maintain it if his own fans doubt him?! Huh?!

That being said... InB4 Toad.
Well for starters he's a third party character and he already has very heavy competition with that alone.

I would love it if he was revealed tomorrow in order to promote Azran Legacy as the "final" Layton game and due to the supposed "friendship" between Sakurai and Hino but I'm not holding my breath... :/

I'd love to be proven wrong though.

"Shion"

Smash Ace
NNID
Shion_Sensei
Which game? The Kirby game you played? 999? or TWEWY? No idea which one you are referring to.

On the subject of Kirby, the only Kirby game I've played was the DS one where he was a ball and you drew lines to move him. lol
The world ends with you.

Sick soundtrack and gameplay.

Morbi

Scavenger
Well for starters he's a third party character and he already has very heavy competition with that alone.

I would love it if he was revealed tomorrow in order to promote Azran Legacy as the "final" Layton game and due to the supposed "friendship" between Sakurai and Hino but I'm not holding my breath... :/

I'd love to be proven wrong though.
Yes, obviously the circumstances are not in his favor. You have to maintain that sense of faith though. You never know! I maintained my faith during Injustice and got every single DLC character that I wanted (despite the leak being the official Brazilian Voice Cast, people were still skeptical all the way until 3rd character was revealed which spanned over 3 months). Speaking of which, I WISH Smash got an official leak. It would be so great to have all of the upcoming characters right in front of us... only catch is... no one would believe said leak until the very end. Haha.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I have a LONG History with Kirby, having played it since the first game.

Squeak Squad was my favorite in how they implemented powers. I just love using the powers in that game.

Dreamland 2 is my favorite game because of nostalgia and the use of combining powers and animals to unlock certain routes and raindrops. Certain raindrops could only be obtained if, not only you had the right power BUT you had to have the right animal as well because they all used their powers differently.

While I liked Kiby's Adventure, I don't like it as much as the Dreamland series
Raindrops?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yes, obviously the circumstances are not in his favor. You have to maintain that sense of faith though. You never know! I maintained my faith during Injustice and got every single DLC character that I wanted (despite the leak being the official Brazilian Voice Cast, people were still skeptical all the way until 3rd character was revealed which spanned over 3 months). Speaking of which, I WISH Smash got an official leak. It would be so great to have all of the upcoming characters right in front of us... only catch is... no one would believe said leak until the very end. Haha.
I guess so, I did hope a little (just a itsy bitsy little) that he may have been revealed on the release of Azran Legacy but Marth was revealed instead, I'd say Zelda would be more likely to get revealed for this Nintendo Direct if we were to get any reveals tomorrow (either her or a different veteran character like Yoshi or somebody).

I would be very excited if we do end up getting a Professor Layton reveal trailer tomorrow but I'd say it would be a wise choice to not expect that. Ah well, I'd be happy with any reveals tomorrow I guess, if we were to get any that is.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
If Layton were revealed (and I'd scream for joy if he were), we'd have a sudden swarm of ''PHOENIX WRIGHT IS NEXT. PHOENIX WRIGHT FOR SECOND CAPCOM REP."

Which wouldn't be so bad. It'd be interesting.

I know people get pissy about third parties, but as long as they are interesting and provided great moveset potential and were on Nintendo systems I'm game.

Wright would probably be one of those choices.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I heard Epic Yarn was terrible.

Never played it myself..

It's super easy but, then again, that's Kirby games in general (except the Amazing Mirror which is my personal favorite of the franchise for that very reason). The graphics are super charming and the whole game is simply squish-your-face adorable but, yes, it is so easy that it will insult your intelligence but it's soooooooooo cute.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
If Layton were revealed (and I'd scream for joy if he were), we'd have a sudden swarm of ''PHOENIX WRIGHT IS NEXT. PHOENIX WRIGHT FOR SECOND CAPCOM REP."

Which wouldn't be so bad. It'd be interesting.

I know people get pissy about third parties, but as long as they are interesting and provided great moveset potential and were on Nintendo systems I'm game.

Wright would probably be one of those choices.
Well yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if a few silly people start to expect Phoenix's appearance next if Layton were to be revealed just because they currently have a crossover they both star in, even if Capcom already got their character in Megaman. (especially those silly people on Miiverse):rolleyes:

But ah well, what can you do about it. I'd just be happy that Layton was lucky enough to get in.

Morbi

Scavenger
It's super easy but, then again, that's Kirby games in general (except the Amazing Mirror which is my personal favorite of the franchise for that very reason). The graphics are super charming and the whole game is simply squish-your-face adorable but, yes, it is so easy that it will insult your intelligence but it's soooooooooo cute.
I got it for the co-op... we only got past the first level. I mean I want to play it, but like you said, it almost insults your intelligence.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I couldn't STAND the easy level of Epic Yarn.

The charm of the game could not make up for it as far I was concerned

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I just started Prof. Layton & The Azran Legacies and goddamn, the tears. It's going to end... I don't want to.

Also, ****ing hype about Layton for Sm4sh burning my balls. Aw, he's not gonna be in **** it.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Epic Yarn was pretty easy mainly because you couldn't actually die.

That and most of the levels in that game don't require much platforming skill to get through, except for a few of the later ones. (and some of the optional bonus levels) And very few levels revolve around puzzles so little mental effort is needed

Some of the bosses can be REALLY annoying though, at least in my opinion. I've actually managed to beat most of the bosses without taking a single hit, (except for Hot Wings and Yin-Yarn) and trust me, that's not easy to accomplish, espescially in the case of Meta Knight, Capamari and Hot Wings.

"Shion"

Smash Ace
NNID
Shion_Sensei
I just started Prof. Layton & The Azran Legacies and goddamn, the tears. It's going to end... I don't want to.

Also, ****ing hype about Layton for Sm4sh burning my balls. Aw, he's not gonna be in **** it.
I actually wouldn't mind if Layton got his fat ass in.

He'd be an interesting pick.

I'm not on board with Phoenix, though. If he's anything like the MvC3 version, I'm gonna hate on it with a hard nipple passion.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I haven't played any of the Professor Layton games, or Ace Attornery games, nor do I know much about the main characters in those two games, so I'd be neutral on either of them being added.

"Shion"

Smash Ace
NNID
Shion_Sensei
They're both extremely similar games...

Finding clues and gathering evidence, etc.

Different plot, of course, but similar gameplay.

Malion

Smash Ace
Gonna be honest I would be ecstatic for more wind waker characters...
like toon zelda, tetra, toon ganon... man I'll be frank if they made a super wind waker bros I would play that *expletive* all day. Link, Tetra, the pirates, the killer bees, link the pig, orca, aryll, makar, komali, Salvatore, Tingle, Beedle.... or maybe put them in all in a boat racing game with wind power-ups... just give me them sweet sweet wind waker folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom