• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The problem is more on Nintendo's end, you can't really get much personality from TP Ganondorf since he doesn't say much. Would you think the same about WW Ganondorf if he hadn't had his monologue? He would just be plain bad guy Ganon trying to get the Triforce, there's no saying whether TP Ganondorf thinks the same or not, since he didn't give the same speech. I think it's safe to assume that his backstory is somewhat similar at least, since even though they are in separate timelines, they are both actually Ganondorf from OoT, under different circumstances. In either case, he was still the Gerudo king, he still tried to take over Hyrule in OoT, and failed in both instances, it's only the events afterwards that changed massively.
It doesn't matter. WW Ganondorf isn't in Brawl and TP Ganondorf is. TP Ganondorf's personality is that of a completely cold and calculating person, as well as serving. It's the same in Brawl. WW Ganondorf does not exist in Smash. It doesn't matter that their younger counterpart is the same person. They aren't. I don't see anything alike with them whatsoever personality-wise.

So I don't see why Ganondorf in Brawl would ever be a person similar to R.O.B. If it was based upon WW Ganondorf, sure(and if he showed an appropriate personality to him, which he doesn't). They frankly are nothing alike. Ganondorf is still evil incarnate who took revenge for Master Hand in Brawl, pretty much the only reason for him to team up with the Heroes. R.O.B. has a similar situation. The difference is that have entirely different backstories. And even if it was WW Ganondorf, he still lacks a Brawl backstory. He's just serving what he thinks is Master Hand and we're told nothing more.

If it's just the earlier Ganondorf doing so(as in in Brawl it's the same person growing older), well, he was only presented as a bad guy in Melee regardless, working with Mewtwo(who shared the same fate) and Giga Bowser(a villain). Possibly all working for Master Hand for all we know. I mean, in Event order, you face off against the Hands, then face next an even more powerful foe. But who knows exactly what the ideal story is.

As of Brawl, he's just a bad guy working for Master Hand who was clearly loyal to the hand and wanted to stop Tabuu essentially because of that. The fact even Zelda and Link were willing to work with him is amazing enough. They had a common enemy, which apparently is good enough for him.

"Shion"

Smash Ace
NNID
Shion_Sensei
Shake yo grandma and slap yo momma; it's almost time for another Nintendo Direct! It's exclusively about 3DS games though so it might be kind of quiet when it comes to Smash News but we might finally get a ballpark release date for Yoshi's New Island and the new Kirby game.

https://www.facebook.com/Nintendo?hc_location=stream
Eh, I kind if gave up on the 3DS after Pokemon.

All I can wait for is Smash to release on it, now.

Everything else seems to either be a re-make or a re-imagining of old titles plus useless DSi ware.

If something original comes out, it would honestly surprise me.

Malion

Smash Ace
I think time is a factor in the differences of Ganondorf... while it's a century or so for TP Ganon it's a few thousand years for WW Ganon... who spent a lot of that time freed and roaming the world unopposed. The most he had to annoy him was water. lol. While WW Ganon actually got control of Hyrule at one point, TP's was snatched from him before he even had the chance by some snot nosed brat. WW Ganon was coming off a defeat, TP Ganon was coming off an ambush of sorts... a betrayal of timelines in a sense... that's gotta put you in a different mindset than just being defeated for not being good enough.

Not sure what my point is just trying to give rhyme or reason to why Ganondorf might act or react differently despite being the same dude.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
I can't play pokemon without feeling like a 5 year old.

Not sure why ppl my age even still play it. Especially after the series lost its touch like years ago.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just a reminder guys, usually Nintendo Directs sneak in other reveals that wasn't advertised so there's a great chance we'll get more than "previously announced software for Nintendo 3DS launching through early 2014" Heck, the advertisement image has a picture of a Wii U on it. Plus Smash has really been active on Nintendo Directs so I won't be surprised if we get some Smash news.

Here are times:
8am Pacific
11am Eastern
4pm UK time
5pm European Central time

No word on a European Nintendo Direct but I don't see why not so I bet there will be one.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
According to GT, I live in hell too. Doesn't really change much.
That version is complete bullsh*t!

I mean srsly cartoons in hell? Gimme a break

At least my version has actual demons along with blood and gore. Your's is a twisted diversion that is made to bring hilarity to the children who watch you're PoS show.

GT SUCKS DRAGONBALLS!!

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Shake yo grandma and slap yo momma; it's almost time for another Nintendo Direct! It's exclusively about 3DS games though so it might be kind of quiet when it comes to Smash News but we might finally get a ballpark release date for Yoshi's New Island and the new Kirby game.

https://www.facebook.com/Nintendo?hc_location=stream
Well, Smash4 is also a 3DS game as well. If anything we'll probably get those same pictures we've seen yesterday as a slideshow....with hopefully Yoshi.

D

Deleted member

That does raise a good point, Moon Monkey.

We had buildups to Luigi and Sonic in their ND reveals, with Luigi being a "speaking of the Year of Luigi, here he is in the new Smash Bros." deal and Sonic being "Look at Sonic Lost World, oh by the way he's back in the new Smash Bros. as a returning guest".
While this ND isn't one of the every other month BIG ND's, it could show off Yoshi's return to Smash being shown after Yoshi's New Island.

EDIT: Too bad I won't be here to see it if it happens; I got a test at 8 in the morning.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
GT wasn't that bad lol

I mean, yeah the plot was booty, but it had its moments

Smash-related tho, I can't wait till they start revealing modes

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
GT wasn't that bad lol

I mean, yeah the plot was booty, but it had its moments

Smash-related tho, I can't wait till they start revealing modes
I here they may start the Z series again as a sequel to Battle of Gods. Or just another movie.

On Topic: New Smash character tomorrow at direct. If so my bet is on the new Female Ganon.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I here they may start the Z series again as a sequel to Battle of Gods. Or just another movie.
that would be nice

I kinda doubt Toriyama will ever do another manga series anyway, but we'll see what happens

and that's pretty much the approach I take in regards to us getting anything significant tomorrow for Smash 4

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
A new Nintendo direct?

Intriguing...

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
that would be nice

I kinda doubt Toriyama will ever do another manga series anyway, but we'll see what happens

and that's pretty much the approach I take in regards to us getting anything significant tomorrow for Smash 4
Ehh.. I never read the manga

Mostly because of the non-realistic scenes.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
New Nintendo Direct tomorrow? LET'S see who we think is going to be revealed...

Place your bets people!

-Zelda
-Gannondorf
-Dedede
-Ridley
-Other

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
New Nintendo Direct tomorrow? LET'S see who we think is going to be revealed...

Place your bets people!

-Zelda
-Gannondorf
-Dedede
-Ridley
-Other
Oh yeah, there is that new Kirby game for the 3DS right?

Idk... I mean we JUST got Marth last week...
Then again we got Sonic the week right after Toon Link...

But if i had to place my bets i would say... Zelda, Gannondorf or :yoshi2:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Thankfully I'm home from work by the time the Nintendo Direct starts.

Who will I bet on? Hmm... Think other is my choice (Yoshi mostly for some reason).

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
So I was just asking myself this.

Do you think they will add more characters from 3DS ALBW? Only bcuz I was hoping for more or at least different Zelda characters and seeing as how the game is on its way..

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Just a reminder guys, usually Nintendo Directs sneak in other reveals that wasn't advertised so there's a great chance we'll get more than "previously announced software for Nintendo 3DS launching through early 2014" Heck, the advertisement image has a picture of a Wii U on it. Plus Smash has really been active on Nintendo Directs so I won't be surprised if we get some Smash news.

Here are times:
8am Pacific
11am Eastern
4pm UK time
5pm European Central time

No word on a European Nintendo Direct but I don't see why not so I bet there will be one.
http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=216801

Europe confirmed... sending supplies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I still have no clue what that is.

Maybe I haven't kept up with what's current or I may just not give a ****..

Is it Zelda related?
The next The Legend of Zelda game for the 3DS. It take place in the world of A Link to the Past but hundreds of years passed. It'll be out this month and I can't wait for it.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
I still have no clue what that is.

Maybe I haven't kept up with what's current or I may just not give a ****..

Is it Zelda related?
Yeah new zelda 3ds.

Glad you don't care cuz I don't give a sh*t either.

Smash and Falcon are my only main priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom