• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Not sure if this has been posted yet but Nintendo 3DS (Germany)'s official Facebook page just uploaded some new (and some old?) pictures. How kind:

Thanks 4 the pics dude!

Hm, I wonder what Sakurai is doing.

EDIT: Aww sh*t, plz tell me Luigi didn't just trip in that one picture.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
After losing all of his family, I don't think he would care about love at that point. Revenge? Now that's different.
Revenge on who? The guy who helped him against the big bad who orchestrated the whole thing? Guy's already gone. He needs a companion and that's it. Ganondorf was just following the command of a big guy who he attacked when it was found out he was controlling someone he wanted to work for. Ganondorf's still a jerk, but he's not even close to a true bad guy in this game. He decided to help the heroes. There's little point in taking revenge on him.

Of course, Ganondorf is still considered evil so he could easily justify it(and I have a feeling Ganondorf helps the good guys in the actual story is probably why R.O.B. decided not to go after him, because it was truly Tabuu that was response for the death of his friends. Ganondorf and himself played a role, but not to the same degree). Also, I don't know if R.O.B. even knew about Tabuu as is. If he did, that's the only one he wanted to go after. I have a feeling he still would easily hate Ganondorf, but he's also a robot. He goes by logic. Ganondorf was probably following orders, so he may not have wanted to do it at all.

Mind you, I forget if Ganondorf does this before or after he finds out about Tabuu. Either way, I think R.O.B. going after Ganondorf, who helped the heroes, isn't logical for a robot to do so. Finding someone to help him get through this makes more sense.

@ChickenWing: I think he's grabbing the ledge. Also, it could've been an offscreen Banana Peel via the item or Diddy Kong(who is most likely coming back, item could too).

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Sakurai already said no tripping. Plus he looks like he just got hit by something.
To be fair, he didn't specify what kind of tripping. It could be even from Items or Diddy Kong's move for all we know(also, Sword Cutter, Link's Down A, caused it). I think it's just the random kind, but Sakurai is mysterious. Any vague statement means little. We know one of those won't return(unless he changes his mind later, like he did when he brought in Villager for sure in For).

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Revenge on who? The guy who helped him against the big bad who orchestrated the whole thing? Guy's already gone. He needs a companion and that's it. Ganondorf was just following the command of a big guy who he attacked when it was found out he was controlling someone he wanted to work for. Ganondorf's still a jerk, but he's not even close to a true bad guy in this game. He decided to help the heroes. There's little point in taking revenge on him.
Ganondorf wasn't forced to obey, "master hand", but through circumstances, he did anyway, knowing he would be harming the many ROBs of the Floating Island. He pressed the button in which would activate total control over the ROBs. He pressed the button that commanded those ROBs to attack the one ROB who stood up for his land and his people- all while said ROB watched. Not Tabuu- Ganondorf.
Of course, Ganondorf is still considered evil so he could easily justify it(and I have a feeling Ganondorf helps the good guys in the actual story is probably why R.O.B. decided not to go after him, because it was truly Tabuu that was response for the death of his friends. Ganondorf and himself played a role, but not to the same degree). Also, I don't know if R.O.B. even knew about Tabuu as is. If he did, that's the only one he wanted to go after. I have a feeling he still would easily hate Ganondorf, but he's also a robot. He goes by logic. Ganondorf was probably following orders, so he may not have wanted to do it at all.
Logically, he wouldn't have tried to talk to his friends while many bombs were set to blow nearby. He had to be dragged off by Donkey Kong so that they could escape. Just because he's a robot doesn't mean he follows complete logic. See Johnny Five.
Mind you, I forget if Ganondorf does this before or after he finds out about Tabuu. Either way, I think R.O.B. going after Ganondorf, who helped the heroes, isn't logical for a robot to do so. Finding someone to help him get through this makes more sense.
Since when is that true ever? (Read above)
Answers in bold. What makes sense doesn't apply in a video game, Hyper. It never has. Of course, the truth behind ROB's way of thinking is unknown. You could make assumptions, but they all are justified by examples. For example, not all robots follow logic.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Clearly Fox has the most tragic story.
First, he gets ****ing shot down, losing his Arwing.
Then, a giant-ass dragon snake tries to kill him, and when he defeats it, a weird monkey with a hat drags him away, making him his *****.
THEN, when help finally arrives, its that douchebag Falco, who doesn't even help Fox against his sex owner.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I can't answer your message properly when you put it inside the quote(I can't quote it and multi-quote myself). Multi-quote if you actually want one.

R.O.B. didn't go after Ganondorf in the story regardless. He went after Tabuu in the end. Right now, he needs to talk to someone. Revenge is worthless to him since it won't bring them back. He clearly isn't just a robot in thoughts, either. Revenge is too illogical, and his emotions shows that doing more violence doesn't help. Again, can't see any good reason for him to care about revenge at all. He helped stop the one who orchestrated the whole thing. Unless Ganondorf does something evil again, in which R.O.B. would probably help take him down(assuming he still wants to fight), he has no real reason to fight him. Pointless revenge doesn't work for a person with both feelings and logic. Can he get Ganondorf to revive his race, or anyone to do so? No? Then why bother. He also could easily rebuild it with the help of others, which is far more logical. He's already the base design for the new race. He also is still a robot, thus, revenge is the most illogical decision. It doesn't matter that Ganondorf might've enjoyed doing it, unless he KNEW that was the case. And how can he tell? No words were spoken.

In fact, the context of that situation is pretty vague as well. All we know is Ganondorf ordered them to attack the person who betrayed him. Why did he? That's unanswered.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
After seeing the change he took on those capsules and the sudden reveal of Marth I don't know what to expect from this guy anymore.
Only he upfront told us tripping will not be in the game. He won't go back on his word from that.

And plus, it looks like Luigi was falling, and then about to grab onto a ledge.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Then, a giant-*** dragon snake tries to kill him, and when he defeats it, a weird monkey with a hat drags him away, making him his *****.
THEN, when help finally arrives, its that douchebag Falco, who doesn't even help Fox against his sex owner.
The pokemon was intentionally going for diddy kong. Fox just stepped in. Nd douchebag Falco? B*tch plz

Only he upfront told us tripping will not be in the game. He won't go back on his word from that.

And plus, it looks like Luigi was falling, and then about to grab onto a ledge.
Ehh with Sakurai you never know.

For all we know he could be trolling the entire smash community with this game.

Then laughs in our face "Hahaha dumba** muddaf*ckas"

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I think tripping may return in some manner, like when walking over one of Diddy's bananas. It's safe to say random tripping has been removed though.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Then, a giant-*** dragon snake tries to kill him, and when he defeats it, a weird monkey with a hat drags him away, making him his *****.

I can just imagine the conversation.

"Peppy! Slippy! Help me!"
"What's wrong, Fox?"
"Some monkey made me his *****!"
"You're becoming more like your father."

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think tripping may return in some manner, like when walking over one of Diddy's bananas. It's safe to say random tripping has been removed though.
Actually, the original question was "is tripping back?" They didn't say Item Tripping, or Random Tripping, or Move-based Tripping, just "tripping". We have no idea what Sakurai was referring to when he said it wouldn't return, because the question is supremely vague.

...So it's not safe to say anything but this; "Some kind of tripping is gone." and nothing more.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
I can just imagine the conversation.

"Peppy! Slippy! Help me!"
"What's wrong, Fox?"
"Some monkey made me his *****!"
"You're becoming more like your father."
Just when things couldn't get worse Andross and StarWolf put it up on Twitter (Falco's Website)

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Honestly, I didn't really like R.O.B until I played Subspace. His story was so tragic and he was definitely the most redeemable/interesting character in the story mode aside from maybe Lucas who had to watch his friend turned into a trophy because he was too scared to fight.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Honestly, I didn't really like R.O.B until I played Subspace. His story was so tragic and he was definitely the most redeemable/interesting character in the story mode aside from maybe Lucas who had to watch his friend turned into a trophy because he was too scared to fight.
Lucas leaves on a happy note by reuniting with Ness later on. I'd say R.O.B. wins in the more tragic area. He happy ending is... uh... we don't know if he be-friended anyone whatsoever. He technically worked with the guy who directly opposed him in a cutscene. Even though Lucas had it hard, let's be honest, R.O.B. seriously had it the hardest overall.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Pretty sure Master Hand had the most tragic story. Being under Tabuu's control.

Who knows what that twisted man made that big "hand" do for him while nobody was looking.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
That's not ok.
No its not.

Lucas leaves on a happy note by reuniting with Ness later on. I'd say R.O.B. wins in the more tragic area. He happy ending is... uh... we don't know if he be-friended anyone whatsoever. He technically worked with the guy who directly opposed him in a cutscene. Even though Ness had it hard, let's be honest, R.O.B. seriously had it the hardest overall.
Ness had it hard? He got turned into a trophy by Wario, big whoop. Everyone got turned into trophies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Oh, please. We have perverted jokes here all the time. XD

And I think we were referring to Playable characters earlier. However, Master Hand sees none of his race die, so I'd still give it to R.O.B. a bit more. Master Hand probably lived on doing the exact same thing. I'm slightly disappointed that he wasn't playable at all at the end. That could've been a really neat idea, since he seems to be a good guy in the SSE. Alternatively, once you beat Tabuu, he shows up and helps with a punch of ultimately destruction, then stays with you till the end, and a thumps up just because. As of now, he might be recovering. But this does bring up a good point, what did happen to the poor Hand afterwards?

Ness had it hard? He got turned into a trophy by Wario, big whoop. Everyone got turned into trophies.
...I never said Ness had it hard. I never even mentioned him. What are you talking about?

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
I'm more interested in what became of Tabuu. I hope he becomes a playable character.

...I never said Ness had it hard. I never even mentioned him. What are you talking about?

Lucas leaves on a happy note by reuniting with Ness later on. I'd say R.O.B. wins in the more tragic area. He happy ending is... uh... we don't know if he be-friended anyone whatsoever. He technically worked with the guy who directly opposed him in a cutscene. Even though Ness had it hard, let's be honest, R.O.B. seriously had it the hardest overall.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I was thinking about it, and y'know, Ganondorf would probably understand how R.O.B. feels? I'm sure HyperFalcon is going to yell at me because it's not the Wind Waker Ganondorf, which is what I'm basing this off of, but he did want to, and FAIL to, save his people, right?

I think after everyone left the sunset, Ganondorf would remain and maybe have a long conversation with R.O.B...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I was thinking about it, and y'know, Ganondorf would probably understand how R.O.B. feels? I'm sure HyperFalcon is going to yell at me because it's not the Wind Waker Ganondorf, which is what I'm basing this off of, but he did want to, and FAIL to, save his people, right?

I think after everyone left the sunset, Ganondorf would remain and maybe have a long conversation with R.O.B...
That's the actual issue. This is TP Ganondorf. WW Ganondorf, man, I wish he was in the game. I could definitely see them reconciling. This version... nah.

But a very interesting thing I didn't even think about. It may be because TP Ganondorf was basically about to killed in TP's storyline, so it's hard to have sympathy for anyone. He just escapes, and well... he has no characterization. I mean, he's even less notable than OOT, which is saying something. But what'd you expect for a character who basically has no point to being the plot beyond a badass fight? Really, that's all he added to the table in that game. Zant was notable, and had some real characterization.(not the greatest, though) I think they could've done better, but eh. The fight was still really awesome, no doubt. I very much enjoyed playing TP, but not for the story.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Stop yelling at me and making me want to hold R.O.B. and tell him everything will be better.

He needs to move to New Leaf so he can be mayor and lead new people and make them happy and everyone would love everyone and he finally gets to be happy.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Pic of the day. Marth's sword has a powerful tip! So we gave his sword slashes a sharp look with an emphasis on its edge.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Like I said before, aside from the Developer Direct, Sakurai should talk about Bowser for once. Idc if it's about the Drop Kick that we know about already, just give Bowser some love.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
That's the actual issue. This is TP Ganondorf. WW Ganondorf, man, I wish he was in the game.
While Link and Zelda have multiple reincarnations, Ganondorf is the one and only version of himself in every game he appears, he lives for indefinite periods of time and gets resurrected upon death. The TP and WW versions of Ganondorf both branch from the OoT Ganondorf, his intentions are just not shown as clearly as in WW. So even though they look different and are from different timelines, they all have the same backstory. Fun facts.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
While Link and Zelda have multiple reincarnations, Ganondorf is the one and only version of himself in every game he appears, he lives for indefinite periods of time and gets resurrected upon death. The TP and WW versions of Ganondorf both branch from the OoT Ganondorf, his intentions are just not shown as clearly as in WW. So even though they look different and are from different timelines, they all have the same backstory. Fun facts.
Doesn't make them even remotely alike. WW Ganondorf =/= TP Ganondorf. They're entirely different in every way but names and the ability to do magic and wield a sword. The latter two are also widely different in their applications. I see no major similarities between them. They're pretty much different characters altogether. Despite being the same person. The other problem is they're from entirely different timelines, and you know, having completely different characterization. Oh, and OOT isn't like either of them. None of Ganondorf's appearances have a similar character. They're all unique. This isn't common among a lot of characters among the Nintendo games either. They're usually the same.(Zelda series is very mixed on this. Tingle is about the same in his appearances, usually being an extortionist, and only "technically" a good guy. His personality seems far less helpful towards you and there's a lot more that could be said about him. I don't think he had unique counterparts either. Nobody knows if it's the same Tingle either among all the storylines, you know, since I doubt he lives forever. But that's also an issue with others like Malon, Talon, and Epona. They don't have this reincarnation(or whatever) thing going for them).

"Shion"

Smash Ace
NNID
Shion_Sensei
Wasn't that obvious already? ^

Well, at least to those who played more than one zelda game.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Doesn't make them even remotely alike. WW Ganondorf =/= TP Ganondorf. They're entirely different in every way but names and the ability to do magic and wield a sword. The latter two are also widely different in their applications. I see no major similarities between them. They're pretty much different characters altogether. Despite being the same person. The other problem is they're from entirely different timelines, and you know, having completely different characterization. Oh, and OOT isn't like either of them. None of Ganondorf's appearances have a similar character. They're all unique.
The problem is more on Nintendo's end, you can't really get much personality from TP Ganondorf since he doesn't say much. Would you think the same about WW Ganondorf if he hadn't had his monologue? He would just be plain bad guy Ganon trying to get the Triforce, there's no saying whether TP Ganondorf thinks the same or not, since he didn't give the same speech. I think it's safe to assume that his backstory is somewhat similar at least, since even though they are in separate timelines, they are both actually Ganondorf from OoT, under different circumstances. In either case, he was still the Gerudo king, he still tried to take over Hyrule in OoT, and failed in both instances, it's only the events afterwards that changed massively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom