• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Babypunchocalypse.

NOT REALLY, but actually that just made me realize CHOCOLYPSE would be a good name for a chocolate brand. It makes you think of chocolate on your lips too. Real good. So good. Would be dark chocolate to make it extra Sinister and delicious.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Those screenshots, along with some other Smash website screens, are also on the Portuguese Nintendo 3DS Facebook page, so it might be an European thing. Maybe I'll check the other languages too.

Speculation time:
NoE releases extra screens for the European players.
This treatment could mean they're compensating for something less pleasant...
NOOOOO! Europe will get a much later release date... AS USUAL!
(I'm joking, by the way. :p)

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Speaking of DK, should he have his animal roars from Brawl back, or something more akin to his cartooney ape noises? I'd like to see a mixture of the two, myself. Same goes for Bowser, I liked how he sounded in Brawl.

D

Deleted member

Game is cancelled.

So here's some Toon Link pics to compensate.

EDIT: DK, as much as I dislike his modern Scooby-Doo like voice, I'd prefer it to what we got in Brawl.

As for Bowser, any option that isn't Inside Story style is the wrong one.

"Shion"

Smash Ace
NNID
Shion_Sensei
I personally think they should give hillbilly teeth to the both of them.

See how that turns out. :smirk:

SoldierSunday

Smash Apprentice
Hope DK will be at least better than his Brawl counterpart.

And when are we gonna get another gameplay video thats not a character trailer...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The screens are on the British and Spanish Facebook pages, so yeah, it's Europe getting extra Smash 4 stuff.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
The screens are on the British and Spanish Facebook pages, so yeah, it's Europe getting extra Smash 4 stuff.
It's not the first time Nintendo of EU has exclusive trailers / materials.

I just want video footage... I'm dying to see the game in action, it's been too much.

D

Deleted member

@Hoots:
Glad to see I wasn't the only one who got a "big cat" vibe from it.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I tried to find Shion's location on google maps since it's clickable and it took me to The Naughty Shoppe in Boise, Idaho.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
@Hoots:
Glad to see I wasn't the only one who got a "big cat" vibe from it.
There's nothing remotely apelike about his voice at all. I guess Sakurai wanted him to sound more menacing, so he dove into the big cat stock sounds and worked with that. For me, DK's true voice will always be Grant Kirkhope's "OKAY!" but this new Japanese guy doing his best Scooby impression actually isn't the worst interpretation I've heard.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Speaking of DK, should he have his animal roars from Brawl back, or something more akin to his cartooney ape noises? I'd like to see a mixture of the two, myself. Same goes for Bowser, I liked how he sounded in Brawl.
Both. Option for alternate voices? I made a thread about it back in July, but I can't find it right now.

For example, Marth could speak Japanese like normal, but also be able to have an English voice by holding L+R or something like that when selecting him.
Same would go for other characters who could have alternate voices.

-----

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
For me, DK's true voice will always be Grant Kirkhope's "OKAY!" but this new Japanese guy doing his best Scooby impression actually isn't the worst interpretation I've heard.
I'd be completely on board for Grant getting hired to do DK's voice again, and a few music tracks as well.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I really don't think the DKC Returns voice would have matched the character in Brawl

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
Not sure if this has been posted yet but Nintendo 3DS (Germany)'s official Facebook page just uploaded some new (and some old?) pictures. How kind:

And then people dislike the 3DS version... and I'm just loving how iit's shaping up.
Toon Link has a new taunt or is that the animation of when he pulls off his sword after diving it to the ground?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
And then people dislike the 3DS version... and I'm just loving how they are shaping up.
Toon Link has a new taunt or is that the animation of when he pulls off his sword after diving it to the ground?
Down aerial attack animation upon landing.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Anyone expecting anything this week? This sudden flood of pictures is nice but who knows if anything else will come of it. It totally slipped my mind that Pokemon Origins was showing in the US this Friday; hopefully the dubbing isn't completely god awful.

Morbi

Scavenger
Anyone expecting anything this week? This sudden flood of pictures is nice but who knows if anything else will come of it. It totally slipped my mind that Pokemon Origins was showing in the US this Friday; hopefully the dubbing isn't completely god awful.
Marth is good enough for me. However, I expect something else to be revealed this week. Why you ask? Because I really don't expect anything to be revealed this week. So naturally Sakurai is out to surprise me. So since I am not expecting anything this week, I believe that we will get something this week. However, that might indicate that I am expecting something. In which case, we get nothing.

"Shion"

Smash Ace
NNID
Shion_Sensei
It's going to be god awful.

You can count on american dub to really **** something up.

Look at Naruto. I actually liked that crap til it hit US television.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Who knows? A Pokemon reveal like Jigglypuff(even if she's pretty expected to come back regardless) would be nice. Or someone new for once.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
No. Not until A Link Between Worlds/3D Wolrd comes out.
...watch Sakurai show the back of Hilda's head and say he has nothing to announce...

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Punch a baby because I wanna see some amazing Pit action... and for the love of god, some photos that talk about Bowser for once rather than him getting hurt all the time.
Isn't it obvious, Bowser's the new chew toy in Smash this time around. :troll:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
No. Not until A Link Between Worlds/3D Wolrd comes out.
...watch Sakurai show the back of Hilda's head and say he has nothing to announce...
and then watch some website say that Hilda was confirmed playable even though she doesn't have a character page

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Isn't it obvious, Bowser's the new chew toy in Smash this time around. :troll:

The only sad thing is that Bowser got the biggest makeover as far as the veterans go so far due to his new moves + him actually able to run, and yet Sakurai won't even give him a featured daily pic and talk about him. When's Bowser gonna get some real spotlight? Perhaps when it's getting closer to Super Mario 3D World's release, or a bit after it? So seriously, what gives on the lack of Bowser spotlight?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The only sad thing is that Bowser got the biggest makeover as far as the veterans go so far due to his new moves + him actually able to run, and yet Sakurai won't even give him a featured daily pic and talk about him. When's Bowser gonna get some real spotlight? Perhaps when it's getting closer to Super Mario 3D World's release, or a bit after it? So seriously, what gives on the lack of Bowser spotlight?
A little more Bowser related updates that don't involve pain wouldn't hurt, especially involving that Final Smash or super armor updates. One thing for sure is that car from 3D World would be the perfect new entrance for him. What can I say, it's a pretty sweet ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom