• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I'll take a huge dump on any opinion you have too, then, from here on out.

That's basically what your insinuating with the quoted post.

So nothing YOU think is also valid then, ey?
Last time I checked I wasn't making this game either, so no, nothing I say means jack in regards to what will happen.
I do know that Snake has just as much right being in as Sonic or Mega Man, people seem to forget that just under half of all MGS games are on Nintendo consoles. Snake opened up the door for third parties in the first place, you can thank him for Sonic and Mega Man. There's also the point that Golden has been bringing up, MGS isn't "2cereal4smash", hell, Metroid is more serious business. Samus is always in some desolated place while Snake is sneaking around in boxes and eating instant ramen, not to mention all the fourth wall breaking.

I wasn't ****ting on anyone's opinion in the first place, I was calling out entitled brats who think they deserve everything because they demand it. Snake being in this game isn't going to affect you in any way, just don't play as him if it bothers you so much. Or just don't hold a grudge against a fictional character.

So dem capsules, seems that Sakurai wasn't lying when he said that things shown might not be the final product. Capsules have been shown before in their previous appearance, Villager caught one in his infinite pocket void.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
So dem capsules, seems that Sakurai wasn't lying when he said that things shown might not be the final product. Capsules have been shown before in their previous appearance, Villager caught one in his infinite pocket void.
Agree completely with that big long post, but to save room, I'll just edit that part out.

I still believe and support that Sakurai was just saying more on the lines of graphical and visual updates. Pit getting more feathers, Peach's moveset subject to change, the capsules, etc. I doubt a character would be having an overhaul in the middle of development, so I expect the movesets to stay generally the same (maybe a few tweaks on certain characters), add a bit of graphical updates to the characters (DK with teeth please?) and nothing more.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Hauuu, I dunno if I like the new capsules. They just feel... chunky. I think I was just so used to the sleek and very capsule-like design of the former ones. (-´^`-)

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I doubt a character would be having an overhaul in the middle of development, so I expect the movesets to stay generally the same (maybe a few tweaks on certain characters), add a bit of graphical updates to the characters (DK with a roll) and nothing more.
Fixed.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
DK with teeth? HELL NO! It never looks good, except for rare cases.

This model especially still haunts me...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'd call your avatar one of those rare occasions it works. It looks better when he's angry, as in some cutscenes in Returns, but most of the time he just looks like an awkward goofball or a rapist.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I'd call your avatar one of those rare occasions it works. It looks better when he's angry, as in some cutscenes in Returns, but most of the time he just looks like an awkward goofball or a rapist.
Agree'd. He looked creepy as phuck in melee [collapse=viewer discretion is advised]
[/collapse]

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Those teeth... Hope I don't get eat.
Seriously, that is hideous. D:

In other news, Shiny Braixen! <3

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Tbh, it's pretty much a 'war on designs' of Nintendo's perception of Donkey Kong vs Rare's perception of Donkey Kong. Rare's DK is the Kong where most of the current-day models are based on (originally teethless), while Nintendo's original Kong had his teeth shown all the time.

I mean, what look looks better if you're being honest?

Or:

This is why I was always happy with DK's design in Melee and Brawl. Sakurai choose to resemble Rare's DK the most. Especially so in Brawl I felt. But SSB4 DK looks sexy as **** as well.

B!ggad

Smash Apprentice
Not sure if this has been posted yet but Nintendo 3DS (Germany)'s official Facebook page just uploaded some new (and some old?) pictures. How kind:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Oh goody finally some love for the 3DS version. I'm loving the screenshots. :)

I just saw this Toon Link picture with Pikachu ten minutes ago and I was wondering where that came from, good to know. :)

"Shion"

Smash Ace
NNID
Shion_Sensei
Last time I checked I wasn't making this game either, so no, nothing I say means jack in regards to what will happen.
I do know that Snake has just as much right being in as Sonic or Mega Man, people seem to forget that just under half of all MGS games are on Nintendo consoles. Snake opened up the door for third parties in the first place, you can thank him for Sonic and Mega Man. There's also the point that Golden has been bringing up, MGS isn't "2cereal4smash", hell, Metroid is more serious business. Samus is always in some desolated place while Snake is sneaking around in boxes and eating instant ramen, not to mention all the fourth wall breaking.

I wasn't ****ting on anyone's opinion in the first place, I was calling out entitled brats who think they deserve everything because they demand it. Snake being in this game isn't going to affect you in any way, just don't play as him if it bothers you so much. Or just don't hold a grudge against a fictional character.

Hmm... So coming off of what you just said, your post is invalid.^

I don't really care that you get pissed off seeing others having opinions. I'll just wish you luck in the real world, sugar. ;)

@topic

I hate toon link. :p

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Peachy! o: Interesting new pics.

If you find any Pit pic goodness, and some Bowser, you know where to find me. <3

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Really cool screen shots!

Hopefully, we get more like these.

D

Deleted member

Say what you want about DK with creepy toothy grins, but they're better than what Brawl gave us.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Say what you want about DK with creepy toothy grins, but they're better than what Brawl gave us.

I liked DK's seemingly wooden teeth in Brawl. For many reasons actually. One of them is, he rarely showed them outside of doing that horrible Side B attack nobody uses (even less so on Dedede, unless you really don't care about winning). And it looks more natural than an ape who could star in a Prodent White commercial.

Say something about bananas and tooth erosion and we're good.

D

Deleted member

...Diddy had them too.

And he showed those ugly set of canines a lot in Brawl.

And last I checked, a cartoon ape wearing a necktie has no need to be natural.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
...Diddy had them too.

And he showed those ugly set of canines a lot in Brawl.

And last I checked, a cartoon ape wearing a necktie has no need to be natural.

Only in one taunt.

And just like DK has many better Special Moves than the Headbut, so does Diddy with his Taunts. :)

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Hmm... So coming off of what you just said, your post is invalid.^

I don't really care that you get pissed off seeing others having opinions. I'll just wish you luck in the real world, sugar. ;)

@topic

I hate toon link. :p
So, you admit that your post is invalid by saying that mine is invalid, since they are both opinions after all. I never singled you out in the first place, my original post was not quoting anyone, you chose to take it personally and now you're coming at me.

I never stated that I was "pissed off" at opinions. Everyone has a different opinion and it would be wrong otherwise, different people are what make the world interesting. I'll take that "real world" comment as your poor excuse to try to actually piss me off, you should be paying more attention in class instead of arguing with people online.

I would love to continue this pointless argument, but there's never any getting through to trolls bricks, your blatant statements of hating characters is an obvious attempt at provoking people. Learn to accept that people like things that you don't, attacking them won't do you any good.

On the current topic, DK is looking better than ever, though the lack of teeth is a bit odd.

"Shion"

Smash Ace
NNID
Shion_Sensei
So, you admit that your post is invalid by saying that mine is invalid, since they are both opinions after all. I never singled you out in the first place, my original post was not quoting anyone, you chose to take it personally and now you're coming at me.

Then WHY quote my post?

I never stated that I was "pissed off" at opinions. Everyone has a different opinion and it would be wrong otherwise, different people are what make the world interesting. I'll take that "real world" comment as your poor excuse to try to actually piss me off, you should be paying more attention in class instead of arguing with people online.

No **** you never stated it. Nobody states that kind of thing. As for the second part bolded: contradicts anything you were saying about the previous. If it doesn't bother you, don't bring it up. LOL at the fact you think i'm in school.

I would love to continue this pointless argument, but there's never any getting through to trolls bricks, your blatant statements of hating characters is an obvious attempt at provoking people. Learn to accept that people like things that you don't, attacking them won't do you any good.
Now, back to the actual stupid 'teeth' conversation:

They're OBVIOUSLY trying to market Colgate toothpaste.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Diddy Kong is actually really ugly in Brawl, imo.

Just not pleasant to look at.

It's mostly his gross teeth and weird nose lump thing I guess.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
As I said, my original post was quoting no one in particular.

I wonder if Sakurai will add DK's teeth back in at a later point, hopefully they won't look awful again.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Punch a baby because I wanna see some amazing Pit action... and for the love of god, some photos that talk about Bowser for once rather than him getting hurt all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom