• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I liked the Trophy Tussles too. Sure, sometimes they were hard for me if I get a bad match-up against the random guys, but really, was neat. I wouldn't mind if perhaps one fight could unlock a stage, trophy, or item. Like one of the Pokemon-based ones could unlock that Pokemon for the Poke Balls. If it's an enemy, possibly a random enemy from crates(like the Goomba)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Eh, not too fond of the new fat capsules.

Wii Fit Trainer, don't be lazy please, slim them down. :troll:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
So wait...

Bowser's more fit in this game, but the Capsules have gotten fatter? What kinda universe are we in!? What has science done!?

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
I'm betting there are suicide burgers in each of them.

Btw can someone tell me what stage that is?

"Shion"

Smash Ace
NNID
Shion_Sensei
It's interesting.. Will she claw my eyes out with sound effects typed out in text?

Smilies?

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure the thing about the capsules being a reference to Dr. Mario pills is a bull**** myth.

I've heard that before, but none of the official descriptions of the capsule say anything about Mario if I recall correctly.

However, the generic soccer ball item in Brawl might be a reference to Mario Strikers, seeing how the game is listed in the trophy appearances...

-----

D

Deleted member

Which looks more like a magic being between Snake and Ganondorf?
No ****, Ganondorf.

But magic =/= "cartoony". While fantasy elements can be used in a cartoonish manner, it's not automatically the case.
Case in point, Lord of the Rings.

While Metal Gear Solid is rather serious in it's plot elements involving giant mechs that have power comparable to nuclear bombs, it still lends itself points where a straight man (in the temperament sense, not the sexual orientation sense) wouldn't be able to take what's going on seriously.
Something not even Nintendo's own Metroid franchise does.

Snake himself is a good example. He's a shellshocked rapidly-aging clone of a legendary mercenary that repeatedly has to stop nuclear war yet doesn't see himself as hero.
On the other hand, he's a wisecracking, cardboard box loving, flirtatious (though is decidedly a loner) action hero parody.

And while the Zelda series can be lighthearted, it has its dark moments. Ganon is an embodiment of this, CDi appearance aside.
He's a murderous, power-hungry warlock filled with hatred (literally, since he is the reincarnation of the Dark Lord Demise's hatred) and malice. And that's just his human-like state. Other times, he's a devilish giant demon boar from Hell.
And it so happens that Twilight Princess is one of Zelda's darkest games, in which Ganondorf takes his appearance from in Brawl. With that version of Beast Ganon.

Yeah, totally fits in with Italian plumbers that jump around, cute electric rodents, super fast cartoon hedgehogs, and pink puffballs with hunger issues.

But then again, there are things it fits in just nicely with...

HOLY **** ONE OF THOSE THINGS IS NOT LIKE THE OTHERS

But giant Hellspawn aside, the wonderful thing about Smash is that it blends a plethora of styles very well that would normally clash too much. Something PSASBR failed to do.
Even if Snake doesn't fit in when standing next to the likes of Mario, Sonic, or even Link, there are others he fits in well with.

D

Deleted member

When you have to fight to get something posted about a dozen times added to a lengthy post made added to said post being a serious one with thought put into it, it takes quite a lot of time.

And something is only late if it's already been taken care of, which this has not.
It's merely off-topic to the current discussion, which is not the same thing.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
To be honest, I prefer this new design of the capsule more than what we've having in the past games.

And for those saying they look like from Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball's capsules look more like the old capsule design in reality.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I like fat capsules. Now what do you want?

Just hope the Barrels and Crates look better this time. Not those present things you'd see in some stages in Brawl. I highly prefer the wooden and futuristic ones.

Barrels and Crates are extremely fun when you are playing as DK.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Jeez, any bigger and these capsules could pass off for one of the animal buddy containers from Sonic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom