• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
I'd like to see Neku added, as The World Ends with you was mainly a 3DS game... Sora and the like would be cool but I'm not holding my breath and that gets disney involved who might not be cool with it.

it could work since the world ends with you was done by the same artist of kh series

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
I'd like to see Neku added, as The World Ends with you was mainly a 3DS game... Sora and the like would be cool but I'm not holding my breath and that gets disney involved who might not be cool with it.
Tetsuya Nomura doesn't even want KH3 on WiiU. I doubt he'll request Sora for a part in smash. Although it would be pretty awesome.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Tetsuya Nomura doesn't even want KH3 on WiiU. I doubt he'll request Sora for a part in smash. Although it would be pretty awesome.
Even so, it's a legal nightmare. Paying Disney and Square-Enix? Ugh. It's not worth it for that reason alone. He'd be a neat addition otherwise.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Indeed.

Kingdom Hearts is about Disney and Square-Enix stuff. They can't really show things from it without paying both, since they Co-Created it. Again, a legal nightmare.
Hmm.. idk

Diney is the Co-creator of the game. The character himself was created by Nomura.

But since Sora advertises the whole game, yes they would have to pay Disney as well.

Alzi

Smash Master
I bet we won't be seeing snake for this game.

In brawl he just did not fit in for me. The character felt ODD and didn't feel fitting at all. But yes I don't think we will be seeing him return.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Hmm.. idk

Diney is the Co-creator of the game. The character himself was created by Nomura.

But since Sora advertises the whole game, yes they would have to pay Disney as well.
If it's purely Sora(and nothing from Disney stuff, not even mentioned) and assuming that Square-Enix solely owns Sora, they could get away with avoiding Disney payments. But they are money-grubbers, so they could barely mention anything in the trophy. :/

I mean, I like Sora! I think he'd be a really cool addition. But the money requirement is too high for one guy. Now, if we're talking about Geno and Black Mage(for instance), it'd cost less despite having more trophies/music, because making a deal with a single copy is far easier. Okay, it could cost less, really.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Someone try to explain to me the reason why MGS V is not coming to Wii U. The Wii U is every bit as powerful as PS3 and XBox 360, and then some. So why in the hell is it not coming to Wii U? Because Konami doesn't want to associate what they think is a "hardcore, mature" game on a Nintendo platform. Please try to tell me another reason, I'm open to discussion.
The reason they're not putting it on the Wii U is because they aren't confident it will sell well there. It's a combination of the Wiii U's relatively small install base, and the fact that most Nintendo gamers are, sadly, only interested in Nintendo games....and only certain Ninntendo games at that.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I bet we won't be seeing snake for this game.

In brawl he just did not fit in for me. The character felt ODD and didn't feel fitting at all. But yes I don't think we will be seeing him return.
I don't think he's coming back either but wouldn't it just be the funniest thing if he was revealed on the 15th just to troll Sony? :laugh:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I love how people who don't like Snake just say "oh I don't think he fit with the game" without explaining why he didn't fit.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Personally I like playing as Snake in brawl but I would not be at a loss if he was cut
they should cut Mario first, he's like the most boring character ever.

D

Deleted member

I'm willing to bet that the reason people say he doesn't fit is because "ERMAHGERD EMM REYTEDD SURRIEES".

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I'm willing to bet that the reason people say he doesn't fit is because "ERMAHGERD EMM REYTEDD SURRIEES".
It's funny because Metal Gear titles in general are basically loose parodies of varies Hollywood films, which has it's fair share of humor, drama, and action. Which is what I like about Snake in Super Smash Bros., the offbeat nature may sound weird at first for people not familiar with the series, but it's fairly faithful to the source material. He's got his serious moments and his humorous moments, which makes Snake feel distinctive over other characters and it's practically impossible to emulate.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Okay, I honestly can't read that one. I know you're joking or whatever, but I can't figure it out.

IMO, his realism doesn't fit that well into SSB, and something I thought about a bit earlier. There's no cutscenes this time, especially not a story-based one. A game where Snake isn't a cutscene(since Metal Gear Solid) feels honestly weird. Not saying he shouldn't come back because of this, of course.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Finally beat Wind Waker HD. Game is so good and makes me love Toon Link returning even more.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So... To all those who feel Snake won't come back...

Why can't he fit? He's been in cartoony fighters before. Before Smash actually.

In this game he even wore bright colors.

Try googling DreamMix TV World Fighters.

If he fit in that game. He can fit in Smash just fine.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
IMO, his realism doesn't fit that well into SSB, and something I thought about a bit earlier.
Ironically he's probably one of the more quirky characters on the roster, mainly because he's the only one that takes jabs at other characters with those snark remarks.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
"OMG M RATED SERIES"
Ah. Thanks.

Ironically he's probably one of the more quirky characters on the roster, mainly because he's the only one that takes jabs at other characters with those snark remarks.
You can blame the fourth wall breaking for that :p

Also, I'm not in the "He won't return" boat, I'm in the "He ain't guaranteed and I can see many reasons why" boat. Should he? Yes. Could he? Yes. Will he? Maybe.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I'm in the "I'd be happier if Sonic and Megaman were the only guests" camp. Of course, I'd make an exception for Dragon Quest.

D

Deleted member

I'm in the "I don't care either way but I don't see any point in removing him" camp.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Got a new Shiny Fennekin! And it's a Timid Female with Magician! <3 IVs be perfect on HP, Attack (bad Atk T_T), Sp.Atk, and Sp.Def. This is a great improvement over my previous one.

And yes, I used Masuda Method thanks to a friend.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I'm in the "I don't care either way but I don't see any point in removing him" camp.
I'm in a similar boat.

In a similar vein for other characters like Lucas, Lucario, and Wolf. Would say Ike, but I legitimately like Ike, especially after Project M proved he can be very potent. I want people to cry when Ike gets revealed, because I want expectations to be shattered once and for all. "Chrom will replace Ike!" pisses me off.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I'm in a similar boat.

In a similar vein for other characters like Lucas, Lucario, and Wolf. Would say Ike, but I legitimately like Ike, especially after Project M proved he can be very potent. I want people to cry when Ike gets revealed, because I want expectations to be shattered once and for all. "Chrom will replace Ike!" pisses me off.
At least we finally got rid of the people that say Marth will be replaced by Lucina.

"Shion"

Smash Ace
NNID
Shion_Sensei
I don't think snake will be back.

Simply because he was the only one who 'stood out' and Sakurai said he'd have to make some cuts in the roster.

Obviously the OG ******* are gonna stay in, so that leaves the unpopulars. O.o

D

Deleted member

Snake hardly sticks out.

I'd say even Ganondorf sticks out more than him.

...and cue the rage in 3....2....1....go.

"Shion"

Smash Ace
NNID
Shion_Sensei
Snake hardly sticks out.

I'd say even Ganondorf sticks out more than him.

...and cue the rage in 3....2....1....go.
Gannon's ***** ass has that 'cartoony' look. snake is just more perfectly humanoid than the rest. More proportionate.

Eh, I wouldn't mind seeing snake return.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom