• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Cool
If Kojima's Son doesn't care, Kojima isn't going to automatically care. And leaving Snake out won't amount to much either. He's not at heavily popular as you think he is. We already got MegaMan, who matters far more to Nintendo's history. Snake's only neat thing is that he set the stage for third parties(in Brawl only). That's... it. MegaMan did the same thing for Smash 4 when he came back. We knew third parties will be back. Snake doesn't do anything specific anymore. If he doesn't return, which is possible, not a big deal at all. He's just a fun character.

You're forgetting that each Third Party is added in for a special reason. Snake's reason passed. Sonic's was popularity. Sonic is still popular and getting Nintendo exclusives(this means promoting his latest Nintendo games is a good idea for Smash to do). Snake has to have a new reason to come back, since "I was a veteran" is never enough for a Third Party.

Yeah. A lot of people didn't actually know WHY Kojima asked. If he wanted him in on his own merits(and not because of his son), I'd have zero doubts of him coming back. But now it's legitimately iffy at best. I don't think he's necessarily going to be cut, but it's not like he's guaranteed or likely to come back either in reality.

I can also note that I've heard quite a few people say they don't much care about Snake either. Sonic gets a bit more backlash from being removed, but many thought Snake didn't fit SSB entirely at all, so this isn't that unusual. I don't care either way, since Snake isn't that well intertwined with Nintendo at all. Sonic, however, has been severely for years, so him coming back means quite a bit more.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I honestly don't care if Snake returns or not. Through I'd wish for some other 3rd party representation. Like Quote from Cave Story.

He'd be my choice if it were mine to make. Sadly, I don't see the possibility anymore

Malion

Smash Ace
Metal Gear Solid IV isn't coming to the Wii... I think that's enough of a reason for Snake not to be in Super Smash Bros.
but 3 did come to 3ds.

When IV came out it was a bit over the Wii's head... but Wii U is on par with Ps3 and 360 which it is also coming out for.

seems like a slap in the face that it isn't coming out for it tbh.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Snake isn't on many Nintendo consoles, he SHOULD STAY OUT OF SMASH. BOO HOO.

What a scandal was it to have Snake in Brawl! It's not like he wasn't well received or opened the gate for third parties or had a unique play style... :rolleyes:

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Of all the characters who could be potentially removed, Snake is the only character for who I would not miss. In my opinion, he doesn't fit well with Nintendo universe, and his inclusion in Brawl still shocks me to this day. Unlike Sonic or Megaman, Snake means little to Nintendo's history. At the time of Brawl's release, Metal Gear's future on Nintendo platforms was unclear. But now, with MGS V not coming to Wii U, he is but a relic, with all importance and relevancy to Nintendo diminished. Sure, we may have gotten the 3DS port, but honestly, I feel like no one has recognized or even cared for the game. Metal Gear fits better with the Sony universe, not with Nintendo's. I know I'm a bit harsh, and it actually is quite ironic, since I played Snake well in Brawl. But in my eyes, I just don't think he has anything going for him. If he is to return, and another Brawl veteran doesn't, I'll sure as hell be pissed. If characters are to be removed, Snake should be at the forefront of characters to consider.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Well, can't wait until Snake gets confirmed, because I can continue my never ending chortle fest over how stupid people are. Already done that with Sonic and Marth, so let's keep up this train ride with people continuing to look like a bunch of idiots.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Did you mean to actually reply to me ChickenWing, instead of quoting? XD
I did, but typed it on top by accident xD

but 3 did come to 3ds.

When IV came out it was a bit over the Wii's head... but Wii U is on par with Ps3 and 360 which it is also coming out for.

seems like a slap in the face that it isn't coming out for it tbh.
Thats awesome man. Thnx for the info!

What a scandal was it to have Snake in Brawl! It's not like he wasn't well received or opened the gate for third parties or had a unique play style... :rolleyes:

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
If Snake wasn't randomly added to Brawl, NOBODY would be asking for him to make an appearance for this game. But Megaman and Sonic, yes, they would be demanded and requested, and as we have seen, they have both made it in. That's because Megaman and Sonic are legends, and their homes are on Nintendo platforms.

Malion

Smash Ace

No need to be harsh.

snake was a weird choice for brawl and an even weirder choice now that snake has his foot in the door and has continued to snub nintendo consoles.

most reveals on the site have been followed by a check out the new game blurb... and I just don't see that happening with snake.

not that I'd mind him he just seems increasingly unlikely.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Snake should ONLY come back if all other characters come back. If he comes at the expense of characters like Ike, Lucario, and Lucas, then I'll hate him forever.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
most reveals on the site have been followed by a check out the new game blurb... and I just don't see that happening with snake.
It's all reveals now, actually(after e3, that is). This is another good point.

Sakurai seems to only now showing Veterans reveals of characters that can advertise new games on the Nintendo systems. Snake's not having any. Now, this doesn't mean he can't come back, but it does possibly hurt his chances.

And yeah, of all the cuts, I'd rather Snake be the first one, since he's not intertwined with Nintendo. The next set would be characters from a series who has multiples one of.(Pokemon, Fire Emblem) The last is if it was a gameplay issue(Ice Climbers). FYI, I'd prefer no cuts, but we may see them happen, as Sakurai even said so himself.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

Snake should ONLY come back if all other characters come back. If he comes at the expense of characters like Ike, Lucario, and Lucas, then I'll hate him forever.
Well, in a way, Snake came in Brawl at the expense of characters like Mewtwo and Roy.

------
Honestly, I think the only reason Snake may be cut is due to licensing/legal/copyright issues.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
If Snake wasn't randomly added to Brawl, NOBODY Sonic'sbe asking for him to make an appearance for this game. But Megaman and Sonic, yes, they would be demanded and requested, and as we have seen, they have both made it in. That's because Megaman and Sonic are legends, and their homes are on Nintendo platforms.
Last time I checked Metal Gear was originally on a Nintendo platform. Before Megaman or Sonic.

Btw Sonic's home is not on nintendo it was Sega.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Someone try to explain to me the reason why MGS V is not coming to Wii U. The Wii U is every bit as powerful as PS3 and XBox 360, and then some. So why in the hell is it not coming to Wii U? Because Konami doesn't want to associate what they think is a "hardcore, mature" game on a Nintendo platform. Please try to tell me another reason, I'm open to discussion.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, in a way, Snake came in Brawl at the expense of characters like Mewtwo and Roy.
Actually, that was Sonic that did that. They all had enough time till Sonic came back, since he specifically pushed the game back. Now, it's possible Snake didn't help.

Honestly, I think the only reason Snake may be cut is due to licensing/legal/copyright issues.
This won't be a problem. Kojima has no reason to not return him if asked. That's the only way that those issues could exist. There's reasons, like never being asked, Kojima's Son not wanting him back(if he somehow said that... that would)/not asking for him back, Sakurai only wanting veterans to advertise newer Nintendo system games...

Last time I checked Metal Gear was originally on a Nintendo platform. Before Megaman or Sonic.

Btw Sonic's home is not on nintendo it was Sega.
...It wasn't. MSX was first. Those were ports.

And Sega's systems are now dead. Sonic's home is on anywhere he pleases. He is most commonly with Nintendo, and most notably, PC and Nintendo were where he came back first. He is heavily part of Nintendo now, though. It's the closest to a home he can have that isn't "everywhere he pleases". That's the thing about a Third Party with a dead system like him. His series no longer has a real home.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Actually, that was Sonic that did that. They all had enough time till Sonic came back, since he specifically pushed the game back. Now, it's possible Snake didn't help.

This won't be a problem. Kojima has no reason to not return him if asked. That's the only way that those issues could exist. There's reasons, like never being asked, Kojima's Son not wanting him back(if he somehow said that... that would)/not asking for him back, Sakurai only wanting veterans to advertise newer Nintendo system games...

...It wasn't. MSX was first. Those were ports.

And Sega's systems are now dead. Sonic's home is on anywhere he pleases. He is most commonly with Nintendo, and most notably, PC and Nintendo were where he came back first. He is heavily part of Nintendo now, though. It's the closest to a home he can have that isn't "everywhere he pleases". That's the thing about a Third Party with a dead system like him. His series no longer has a real home.
But he isn't officially 1st party Nintendo and never started on Nintendo so false.

Shroob

Sup?
I was under the assumption that Kojima was upset at Nintendo and wanted nothing to do with the Wii U. Doesn't really sound like the best of friends right now to be honest.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Yes and remade on NES (a successful console) :)
Exactly... Nintendo always gets Metal Gear remakes.

Metal Gear remake for the NES.
Metal Gear Solid remake for the Gamecube.
Metal Gear Solid 3 remake for the 3DS.

How about an original Metal Gear game made specifically for a Nintendo console?

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
And the original mega man came out before it was ported =P
Link?
Exactly... Nintendo always gets Metal Gear remakes.

Metal Gear remake for the NES.
Metal Gear Solid remake for the Gamecube.
Metal Gear Solid 3 remake for the 3DS.

How about an original Metal Gear game made specifically for a Nintendo console?
Why??? We are discussing the ORIGIN not the entire series and future titles.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
One thing to note that Kojima himself really dislikes the NES version of the original Metal Gear (terrible Engrish, completely different maps, no high alert, story modified greatly, passwords instead of saving, Kojima wasn't involved on the NES game, and METAL GEAR MECHA COMPLETELY ABSENT)

There are also two original Metal Gear games that are exclusive to Nintendo consoles:

- Snake's Revenge (NES) (both the entire Metal Gear fanbase and Kojima himself like to pretend this never existed)

- Metal Gear Solid (GBC) (Most people call it by it's Japanese title to prevent confusion with the unrelated PS1 game: Metal Gear: Ghost Babel. I've played this game it's effin' awesome. You won't believe that this was on a Game Boy Color. Despite being a great game, it's sadly non-canon).

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
It originated from MSX2 and got ported to the NES. It is simple as that.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Like Pac-man, I'm indifferent to Snake.

I kinda prefer Simon Belmont over Snake, since Simon/Castlevania is more commonly associated with Nintendo than Snake/MGS. Namely on the SNES,

Snake was awesome in Brawl

Unfortunately, Sakurai is probably gonna remove him from the roster. Hopefully, someone will play like him because his design was amazingly unique. Well, sans the ground tilts like dat F-tilt and U-tilt

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
But he isn't officially 1st party Nintendo and never started on Nintendo so false.
He can't have a home on a console that no longer is in production. All Sega Systems are discontinued now. His home is anywhere right now.

You seem to not be understanding the thing here; Sonic doesn't appear on a Sega system anymore(because there is none for him to appear on). Ever. His home changed. He's closest with Nintendo obviously, but that's as far as it goes.

Third Parties don't have homes unless they only have had one system appearance, and that's their default home. For a while, that was Nintendo once their systems were dead, but now he's everywhere, so... he has none.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
If Kojima's Son doesn't care, Kojima isn't going to automatically care. And leaving Snake out won't amount to much either.
Except for the fact that Konami will lose a ****load of money by not putting Snake into something as HUGE as Super Smash Bros.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
It's true however. A port is a copy of a game ported over to a different system. It is not the original.
I understand but Nintendo is still a running company so where else is this origin going to run to for a place called "Home"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom