• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Am I the only one here who didn't bother to get perfect IVs for his Pokemons? :confused:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Am I the only one here who didn't bother to get perfect IVs for his Pokemons? :confused:
No. My only rule of thumb is that their IV's shouldn't be mostly trash. I got rid of a Ralts because it was borderline unusable. It barely got 2-3 points per level up total... I mean, that was just terrible. Generally, if I don't get 6 points total per level up minimum, I don't want to train that Pokemon at all. It's not worth it. No movepool will make them remotely usable in even the regular gameplay. I don't mean Battle Facilities or Competitive Tournaments. Just being decent enough.

IMO, I think a good minimum is getting 7 points per level total is fine. 2 in one stat, 1 in the rest.(or any combination) It's not great or anything, but that's a reasonable minimum that makes sure your Pokemon is usable during basic gameplay.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well, I don't mind not having perfect ones, but when it comes to a shiny bred Pokemon, I'd probably want a good IV'd one at least. Granted, my shiny Yanmega and Delphox don't have much IVs, but I like em. I do aim to make a better shiny Delphox in the future, though.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
No. My only rule of thumb is that their IV's shouldn't be mostly trash. I got rid of a Ralts because it was borderline unusable. It barely got 2-3 points per level up total... I mean, that was just terrible. Generally, if I don't get 6 points total per level up minimum, I don't want to train that Pokemon at all. It's not worth it. No movepool will make them remotely usable in even the regular gameplay. I don't mean Battle Facilities or Competitive Tournaments. Just being decent enough.

IMO, I think a good minimum is getting 7 points per level total is fine. 2 in one stat, 1 in the rest.(or any combination) It's not great or anything, but that's a reasonable minimum that makes sure your Pokemon is usable during basic gameplay.
Getting a fixed amount of IVs is absolutely fine, but getting perfect IVs for every single one of your pokemons (unhacked) is a bit over imo.

"Shion"

Smash Ace
NNID
Shion_Sensei
I finished ny Breloom.

Breloom @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Attack, 252 Speed
Ability: Technician
Nature: Jolly
Moves: Mach Punch, Spore, Bullet Seed, Swords Dance

My next Pokemon I'm working on is a Choice Scarf Tyranitar. Then Greninja.
Take this crap to serebii, son.

This is a real man's place of conversation, not pre-school.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Getting a fixed amount of IVs is absolutely fine, but getting perfect IVs for every single one of your pokemons (unhacked) is a bit over imo.

*patpat* I know the feeling. I just want mine to have the right nature and a few IVs. I don't wanna be a perfectionist though.
Did I ever tell you how smexy that Samus avy of yours is? o:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Eh, not really. If you're training a Pokemon to be the best for a competition, there's nothing overboard about perfect IV's. It makes sense for the situation.

Fixed IV's isn't great, really. What's good is that when they level up, they get a decent slew of stats. It's like I said, give me 6-7 in stats per level, and it's a playable guy for the basic main game. Give less than that and they're too weak even for normal play. That shouldn't ever happen.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
I feel like randomly being on this forum again.
So we're talking about Pokemon I see...
So I JUST beat the game, so would any of you guys care to be friends or whatever so I can actually get a decent collection of guys for my friend safari?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I used to feel THAT WAY about IV's, but since they made it much easier to get them this time around, I figured I may as well. In no time I already had a Charmander with 4 perfect stats. Though my plans got all messed up when I considered getting Flare Blitz, Dragon Dance, and Outrage... *goes to level up a Charmander to Lv77*

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
*patpat* I know the feeling. I just want mine to have the right nature and a few IVs. I don't wanna be a perfectionist though.
Did I ever tell you how smexy that Samus avy of yours is? o:
That's the way I level up my competitive Pokemons, getting the right nature and EVs. I do care about the IVs as well but not to a point where it has to be 100% competitively viable.
Eh, not really. If you're training a Pokemon to be the best for a competition, there's nothing overboard about perfect IV's. It makes sense for the situation.
I concur. If we're talking about high/top competition, then full IVs will come in handy.

"Shion"

Smash Ace
NNID
Shion_Sensei
Well looky who we have here.

Falcon.. Hehe.

@pokemon goddamn conversation:

Max IV's are ALWAYS what you'd want for competitive battles, geniuses.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
That's the way I level up my competitive Pokemons, getting the right nature and EVs. I do care about the IVs as well but not to a point where it has to be 100% competitively viable.

I concur. If we're talking about high/top competition, then full IVs will come in handy.
I suppose I should not be a perfectionist either. I do want the right moves and nature at least along with a few good IVs.
You're welcome! :3 I do love that Pit+Samus goodness... But I promise that I'm tame compared to some minds.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Take this crap to serebii, son.

This is a real man's place of conversation, not pre-school.
No it's not. Lol don't even try and pass that bull**** on me.

If you don't like what you're reading, then go back to GameFAQS and discuss Master Chief being in Sm4sh. Otherwise, realize this is a Social thread where anyone can say whatever they want, so long as it isn't breaking the Smashboards rules.

But tell ya what: I'll stop posting them for you. Because you're special and deserve the respect.

I think it's fun to try and make a Pokemon's IVs the best they can be.It's like collecting the best cards. But this generation, I'm returning to the competitive scene.

"Shion"

Smash Ace
NNID
Shion_Sensei

If you don't like what you're reading, then go back to GameFAQS and discuss Master Chief being in Sm4sh. Otherwise, realize this is a Social thread where anyone can say whatever they want, so long as it isn't breaking the Smashboards rules.

But tell ya what: I'll stop posting them for you. Because you're special and deserve the respect.

DESERVE THE RESPECT.

RESPECT.
Damn straight, little boy.

Go back to mamma's teat now. ;)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Again, I know at one time we couldn't do that. We had to be on-topic and talk about Smash-related stuff. That changed, apparently. We had this topic locked for that reason alone.

I think it's fun to try and make a Pokemon's IVs the best they can be. It's like collecting the best cards. But this generation, I'm returning to the competitive scene.
I do too. But I don't like chain breeding for them. I just like having them not sucky. I don't play competitively, so... I don't feel the need to.

"Shion"

Smash Ace
NNID
Shion_Sensei
That's how it's done, son.

In any case, i'd like to discuss the possibility of Snake's return.

Is there a chance he might be back, or was brawl a one time deal?

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
That's how it's done, son.

In any case, i'd like to discuss the possibility of Snake's return.

Is there a chance he might be back, or was brawl a one time deal?
If Brawl wasn't a one-time deal for Sonic, I have no doubt that Snake will be back.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
If Brawl wasn't a one-time deal for Sonic, I have no doubt that Snake will be back.
Of course idiots will still clamor that the character is scrapped because he doesn't fit in at all and he's apparently scary to the children or whatever.

Because, you know, that was a massive issue to begin with.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Kojima (the creator of Metal Gear) is a good friend of Sakurai, and requested that Snake be included in Brawl.

I have doubts Kojima would only want this to be a one time thing, so I can easily Snake returning.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Nobody knows. Snake's reason to be in is to please Kojima's Son and nothing more.(yes, this is via Word of God even) If Kojima's Son doesn't care, we may never see him back. If Kojima doesn't care, he may not ask. If Sakurai doesn't care, he may not ask.

In other words, it's really freakin' hard to say if he will come back.

He could, and that's the best we can go with it. However, if he's heavily requested to come back, Sakurai may listen and attempt to do so. I think this is Snake's best chance of being returned. I can't see any other scenario being all that likely at this point.

Malion

Smash Ace
I want snake to return if only for his codec taunt and what he has to say about wii fit trainer/villager/megaman

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Nobody knows. Snake's reason to be in is to please Kojima's Son and nothing more.(yes, this is via Word of God even) If Kojima's Son doesn't care, we may never see him back. If Kojima doesn't care, he may not ask. If Sakurai doesn't care, he may not ask.

In other words, it's really freakin' hard to say if he will come back.

He could, and that's the best we can go with it. However, if he's heavily requested to come back, Sakurai may listen and attempt to do so. I think this is Snake's best chance of being returned. I can't see any other scenario being all that likely at this point.
If Kojima's son doesn't care, it doesn't matter because of the backlash and loss of profits on Kojima's end that make it worthless to withdraw Snake.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Wow! You guys really think Snake is coming back!? Well that's an orchestra to my ears.

Only reason I had my doubts is because of all the 3rd party games that Nintendo didn't recieve. Or did I miss something with the ds? Hmm

Also was unaware of the whole Kojima mumbo jumbo. Thanks for bringing that up.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I really don't care if Snake comes in or not because if he's gone, then YAY! If not, then like with all the characters I dislike, I use him as a punching bag whenever I have stress.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If Kojima's son doesn't care, it doesn't matter because of the backlash and loss of profits on Kojima's end that make it worthless to withdraw Snake.
If Kojima's Son doesn't care, Kojima isn't going to automatically care. And leaving Snake out won't amount to much either. He's not at heavily popular as you think he is. We already got MegaMan, who matters far more to Nintendo's history. Snake's only neat thing is that he set the stage for third parties(in Brawl only). That's... it. MegaMan did the same thing for Smash 4 when he came back. We knew third parties will be back. Snake doesn't do anything specific anymore. If he doesn't return, which is possible, not a big deal at all. He's just a fun character.

You're forgetting that each Third Party is added in for a special reason. Snake's reason passed. Sonic's was popularity. Sonic is still popular and getting Nintendo exclusives(this means promoting his latest Nintendo games is a good idea for Smash to do). Snake has to have a new reason to come back, since "I was a veteran" is never enough for a Third Party.

Wow! You guys really think Snake is coming back!? Well that's an orchestra to my ears.

Only reason I had my doubts is because of all the 3rd party games that Nintendo didn't recieve. Or did I miss something with the ds? Hmm

Also was unaware of the whole Kojima mumbo jumbo. Thanks for bringing that up.
Yeah. A lot of people didn't actually know WHY Kojima asked. If he wanted him in on his own merits(and not because of his son), I'd have zero doubts of him coming back. But now it's legitimately iffy at best. I don't think he's necessarily going to be cut, but it's not like he's guaranteed or likely to come back either in reality.

I can also note that I've heard quite a few people say they don't much care about Snake either. Sonic gets a bit more backlash from being removed, but many thought Snake didn't fit SSB entirely at all, so this isn't that unusual. I don't care either way, since Snake isn't that well intertwined with Nintendo at all. Sonic, however, has been severely for years, so him coming back means quite a bit more.

Malion

Smash Ace
MGS V isn't coming to the Wii U... I think that's enough reason for snake not to come back.

D

Deleted member

Please, I would need to find a comparision image between Melee Bowser and Brawl Bowser, in order to convince some of my buddies (good ones this time) that the Ridley's size and his initial role as a boss in the previous game are not obstacles at all to make him playable.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom