• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
To be blunt, X is far more hype worthy then Super Smash Bros. Of course with the irony being that game has less publicity then Super Smash Bros.

But my main reason for being so hyped about it is because of Xenoblade Chronicles already giving me a strong impression, and X basically expanding onto the premise established in Xenoblade Chronicles. Which already shows with the game utilizing the stronger hardware provided by the Wii U, and giant robots. If you hate mecha, you're not human.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
December or January, but one thing for sure it would be more surprising if we didn't get anything like that. There are several titles that are slated for a 2014 release date, like Bayonetta 2 and X, plus some titles that haven't been really discussed in a long time like Yoshi's Epic Yarn or Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem. So starting off the new year with a lot of new information would be beneficial overall.
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze trailer + fourth character reveal
- Mario Kart 8 trailer
- Super Smash Bros. Wii U trailer + new character reveal
- Yoshi Yarn information
- SMT x FE information
- X trailer + official name
- Bayonetta 2 trailer
- Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon HD announcement
- Zelda Wii U tease + E3 trailer announcement
- Miyamoto's new game E3 announcement

- Yoshi's New Island trailer
- Kirby: Triple Deluxe trailer
- Mario Golf: World Tour trailer
- Super Smash Bros. 3DS trailer + new character reveal
- 3DS Swapnote information
- Metroid 3DS announcement

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
The unified accounts thing reminds me of the PS3 looking like crap at first, but after several updates, it finally shaped up to be a good console.

Let's hope this goes triple for the WiiU because we all know it needs it.

The December Direct is going to be HUGE. I just know it. They have no choice but to be pushing their 2014 library. I hope they come out guns ablazing while this is playing:
Seriously. This song alone has made me excited for X.
Agree'd. Its a start. I really hope they also consider transferable VC games across their systems. Would love the option to play Smash 64 on my Wii U or 3DS.

2014 is THE year to own a Wii U. I'm also interested in seeing that new console Zelda's art style, as well as seeing it in action along with SMT X FE and Yarn Yoshi.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Smash 64 on the 3DS would be amazing. Also, GBA games apparently are on the Wii U only. For some reason. At least make them downloadable on both. Best reason I can think of is that they might be releasing some with connectivability purpose(let's say Ruby and Sapphire) that they couldn't program properly on the 3DS.

...Which makes almost no sense since you can't hook two Wii U's together to trade between them like two 3DS. So I really don't know why they're doing it that way. :/

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
To be honest, I'm more hyped for SMT x FE than Smash.

Why?

Cuz Roy.

Well, implying that Roy isn't in Smash 4 makes me more excited for the game

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light

Also technically speaking, Xenogears and Xenosaga are only related in name only.
Technically. You forgot the Xenogear cameos in 'saga, didn't you. And the ending to the third Xenosaga game.

Has there been any official information regarding the relationship between those two games, Pepperface? I'm curious.

Smooth Criminal

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You mean Super Star Ultra? :laugh:
Close enough. I don't pick up many Kirby games. I only own Kirby Super Star, Kirby Super Star(Remake, I honestly thought it had Deluxe in its title...), Kirby's Epic Yarn, and Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards.

Maybe it had deluxe in its name in another region.
Possibly. It's used sometimes for remakes. Link's Awakening's remake, for instance.(give me the original version on the VC, please. DX is more difficult, IMO.)

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I love Roy's facial expression.

This gave Roy further shock.

Roy: '__'

That's our deadpan!
That's basically the joke about the image.

Roy in that game is like some sort of robot I swear. NEVER changes his expression from point A to point B. It's not even a technological problem, expressions have been done before on the NES with the first Fire Emblem having Marth changing his expression depending on the situation. So the only conclusion I can think of is that Roy is a robot.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.

Roy in that game is like some sort of robot I swear. NEVER changes his expression from point A to point B. It's not even a technological problem, expressions have been done before on the NES with the first Fire Emblem having Marth changing his expression depending on the situation. So the only conclusion I can think of is that Roy is a robot.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

If Roy is not a robot, then this would not make you die of laughter.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388

I think that's one of my beefs about FE6. Roy has like 2 expressions, iirc. "Expressionless" and one where he smiles. But like, come on. When he dies he's all like '__' or when he's shocked he's all like '__' or when he's angry he's all like '__' WTF?? Actually, even if you think what he's saying implies anger, you can't even tell if he's really angry or not due to his expressionless face! At least give the Lord some more expressions, no?

But you're probably right -- Roy's secretly a robot. And yet he still gets all the chicks! It's a bloody trap I tell you! Once you get caught in his emotionless face and soulless eyes, he'll vaporize you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! True story, I'm actually headless cuz of that.

In conclusion, Roy ain't safe for Smash, kiddies!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Like Roy was safe even in Brawl? Sakurai did have a character file for him.(and a victory theme based around him, so it wasn't Roy Koopa) That's the only reason we're sure it was him.

Many characters aren't "safe". Ice Climbers still aren't yet, since Sakurai has yet to tell us if he fixed the problem. Olimar's appearance implies he may have. All we know is that having too many things onscreen isn't nearly as much of a problem anymore(my guess is because they are "smaller" models) than first announced. If we do see Ice Climbers back, Pokemon Trainer's chances skyrocket considerably. And likewise if PT appears before IC.

But seriously, we have no idea who's safe at all. Besides the rest of the Original 12, anyway.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
I...don't think that was the kind of safe she was talking about? I read it as being like " knifes aren't safe for kids". And either way it was clearly a joke...

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The only characters that I think are truly shoo-ins at this point are Yoshi, King Dedede, Meta Knight, Ness, Captain Falcon, Zelda, Ganondorf, Falco and Mr. G&W. Am I forgetting anyone?

EDIT: POSTS. Y U NO GO THROUGH THE FIRST TIME.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
But you're probably right -- Roy's secretly a robot. And yet he still gets all the chicks! It's a bloody trap I tell you! Once you get caught in his emotionless face and soulless eyes, he'll vaporize you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! True story, I'm actually headless cuz of that.
There are perks to having a boyfriend that's a robot.

...Accessorizing. Y'know, THAT kind.

Smooth Criminal

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
The only characters that I think are truly shoo-ins at this point are Yoshi, King Dedede, Meta Knight, Ness, Captain Falcon, Zelda, Ganondorf, Falco and Mr. G&W. Am I forgetting anyone?

EDIT: POSTS. Y U NO GO THROUGH THE FIRST TIME.
The post I made right above your post took 6 tries to go through.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The only characters that I think are truly shoo-ins at this point are Yoshi, King Dedede, Meta Knight, Ness, Captain Falcon, Zelda/Sheik, Ganondorf, Falco and/or Wolf, Jigglypuff and Mr. G&W. Am I forgetting anyone?
Fixed for you. Now that's everyone who's safe realistically.

Don't count Wolf out. He's pretty important and was meant for Melee. But Sakurai found him too notable to be solely a clone. Which he isn't in Brawl as is. A similar case apparently(nobody can find the source) for Wario. Which is why we got Dr. Mario instead.(also, Dr. Mario is only a separate character because Sakurai believes his moves are too separate from Mario's to be a silly costume. Megavitamins prove this by having widely different properties) Then again, Pichu is the only clone that is near identical to the original. The rest were still pretty damn different in Melee.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
NoA Club Nintendo never gets the good stuff.

Also, Toad got the Mario spot on lockdown.
Koizumi
Talking about cuteness reminded me of how Toad used to look pretty plain, but because he gets cat ears this time his looks cuter overall. That and with how he can quickly dash around, I think he turned into an incredibly appealing character.

Iwata
Yeah. It may be rude to his fans to say it like this, but Toad is a surprisingly popular character.

Koizumi
Right. There's even gameplay this time that features Toad.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
How does that give him a lockdown on the spot?
It depends the context. If he means in Smash, is entirely doesn't. At all.

It just means he could still happen. But so could Rosalina now. Or many other characters as is. It just means our hopes for seeing Toad playable are a little less bleak... maybe.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I love the design of that Soundtrack cover. I'm guessing Rosalina's cat suit is not colored light blue due to Blue Toad already having another shade of blue for his Cat suit.

Also, whenver I see this new Cat Suit on Mario I can't help but think of that nightmarishly difficult Super Mario Bros. parody known as Syobon Action.

DeadlyAllianceLeader

Smash Apprentice
NNID
n64by44
3DS FC
1547-5288-9488
I might hate myself for this, or thinking about this down the line, but... the more and more I see Rosalina and SMG themes pop up in the Mario Universe, and become more popular and Prominent... the more as though I FEEL like there's going to be something big that's SMG related in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS. Yeah, there's the reason that's to build up hype and all that which I wish wasn't as speculated in favour of... nothing against it though. But there's also that prominence in my opinion that's growing. A stage would definetly suffice, at least for me personally, but with all the talk of Rosalina becoming a playable character in a main Mario series game, already having been a supporting character in SMG, the more I feel she has a chance at a roster spot in THIS series

EDIT: Oop, I see others are covering this already. Sorry

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Um, yeah. I joking about Roy, Hyper. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

But yeah, the ICs are an interesting case, and it's good that they specifically mentioned they're having problems with them. For me, the earlier the ICs (and Pokemon Trainer to an extent) get confirmed the better. It would really suck if they reveal a character which their having technical problems with like virtually last, as I personally hold my breath for these kinds of things (although who knows with development).

And seeing Super Mario 3D World today got me thinking that the Cat Suit would make the cutest item. Just imagine your fighter turning into a kitty, gaining some power-ups/abilities. Gah! Cuteness overload! And this is why I love the Bunny Hood as well. :3

Ah, but wasn't there a Pic of the Day with Kirby that on a stage that could be a Super Mario Galaxy stage? I mean nothing is confirmed, but I'd be disappointed if we don't get any SMG content in Smash (lot of cool stuff the could bring from the series). As far as Rosalina goes, I do like her character. She's less of a damsel in distress than Peach (actually, I was surprised they gave a female character with such a strong role -- I was kinda expecting her to be kidnapped), and at least she has some backstory. I wouldn't mind if Rosalina gets in, although she's not my most wanted Mario character.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Um, yeah. I joking about Roy, Hyper. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

But yeah, the ICs are an interesting case, and it's good that they specifically mentioned they're having problems with them. For me, the earlier the ICs (and Pokemon Trainer to an extent) get confirmed the better. It would really suck if they reveal a character which their having technical problems with like virtually last, as I personally hold my breath for these kinds of things (although who knows with development).

And seeing Super Mario 3D World today got me thinking that the Cat Suit would make the cutest item. Just imagine your fighter turning into a kitty, gaining some power-ups/abilities. Gah! Cuteness overload! And this is why I love the Bunny Hood as well. :3
I'm not really that bothered if PT gets removed or changed up. I was bored with him in Brawl pretty fast. His costumes also mostly sucked for the Trainer himself. You had the perfect chance to show off some neat characters, much like Captain Falcon has a Blood Falcon costume. We got a really poor version of Leaf and Brendan, and that was it. I mean, we're talking about how Bowser has a color scheme almost similar to Dry Bowser in Brawl, and Sonic's dark costume is kind of similar to Dark Sonic in Sonic X. That was terrible.

IMO, I want a Rocket Grunt for his replacement. Even called that. We totally need Meowth in there. Charizard is awesome and should stay(also severely popular). If a third, not sure. Could be Golbat as a recovery for Meowth, or Raticate, or something. Maybe even from 2nd/3rd Gen. Choose any awesome Second Stage Pokemon of your choice.

Anyway, Those are cool Item ideas too. I do care about the IC coming back. Because losing a Franchise(and not Third Party, but that too) is a bit more important to me than losing a character from an already represented franchise. That said, I'm not that fussed if IC and PT don't come back. To me, having two versions of Smash is a better choice. Especially considering it's a handheld one.

And no problem about Roy. I think I did misunderstand the situation. I like him, but am not that bothered if he's only a costume. I want Ike a bit more now since he was a really neat guy. That, and a better moveset, even if it's something that Roy would be perfect with(minus Great Aether and Aether).

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
IMO, I want a Rocket Grunt for his replacement. Even called that. We totally need Meowth in there. Charizard is awesome and should stay(also severely popular). If a third, not sure. Could be Golbat as a recovery for Meowth, or Raticate, or something. Maybe even from 2nd/3rd Gen. Choose any awesome Second Stage Pokemon of your choice.
That's actually my preferred Pokemon user as well haha. I remember that I made some post a long time ago that I'd totally love it if there's a Grunt that would have Meowth, either a poison or fire type, and Slowpoke (with the tail cut off)... and well, there's so many choices he could use haha. Charizard would be cool, although I'd personally would like to see that dragon just by himself.

But what mechanic would the Grunt use? The same as PT or something new?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That's actually my preferred Pokemon user as well haha. I remember that I made some post a long time ago that I'd totally love it if there's a Grunt that would have Meowth, either a poison or fire type, and Slowpoke (with the tail cut off)... and well, there's so many choices he could use haha. Charizard would be cool, although I'd personally would like to see that dragon just by himself.
James used a Charizard in the actual Anime during an episode. So at least we can justify it on the Rocket Grunt, who should have a James costume anyway.(all Pokemon choices were based upon the Anime/Movies, anyway. Every Generational Mascot had a Movie) So it's justified enough.

I'm thinking to think of good Poison types used. Weezing/Koffing is right out. Toxicroak, maybe? Arbok wouldn't work either outside of maybe a neat Special or Final Smash.

While Charizard alone would be neat, I doubt we'll see him without being on a team. I even doubt this could happen, since he's pretty important as a Starter Trio guy too. It's not impossible, of course. And if someone can't be part of a Starter Trio but playable in Smash alone, he is the top dog.

And yeah, same mechanic as PT. That was his key point. The Pokemon choices were just Anime-based, as well as using the design of the latest Protagonist, kind of. Ash is the main guy in the Anime/Movies. He's based upon Red. That's the obvious design to take if they want to show off the original idea of Pokemon training, by using... the first known Pokemon Trainer's design. He's recognizable overall. Easy choice. The starters were pretty obvious too. Ivysaur is the weakest choice, but he did have a starring Anime episode, so it was easy to work with. Charizard and Squirtle were huge characters in the Anime, to say the last.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Probably not gonna happen, but I'd totally laugh if this is the Grunt's FS:

Come forth, Zapmolcuno!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom