• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
Guys imagine this for just a moment. And yes this is related to pokemon X and Y. Your corporate bosses want to make a 3D pokemon game. Sounds good right? Well you know instead of modeling pokemon the way they usually do in all the other games using a 2.5 dimensional method they had to go full-blown 3D modeling for over 700 pokemon. Now you have a game development team right? Just try to imagine that studio room... You probably had a little over a year for the entire studio workroom team to make over 700 3D models of every single pokemon. Now if your a fan of 3DS Max and Autodesk Maya you might be able to fathom the horror that probably was that workplace... If you do know how hard it is to model 3D creatures for game engines imagine having to do 700 of that but all different. Autodesk Maya and 3DS Max are also unique programs in their own sense of the word too in how often they crash and corrupt your files for no reason.I am majoring in Game Art in my college and I am pretty sure I would never want to be in that workplace with that assignment hanging over my head.

Like I said just try to imagine the workplace with that game development team. The torture they had to go through to 3D model over 700 pokemon. Imagine the pain...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Dear lord, don't use that red, it hurts my eyes to read that.

In Smash 64, Kirby and Jigglypuff were near identical outside of specials.
Eeyup. Also, multi-quote the message instead. That way I can reply in a reasonable manner.

And again, I don't really care if they're clones partially or near fully. I care if they're fun to play, and Ganondorf's Melee moveset was beyond fitting for a strong burly fighter with magical abilities. Why should I care if they're "his" moves? I only care if they make sense, which is the case. The only move I disliked was Gerudo Dragon, since it seemed a little too different from his shown fighting style. Flame Choke, however, was perfect. The rest of his A moves fully fit too.

I don't mind de-cloning him further, but I still wouldn't remove every move that he shares with Falcon, since there's no point to. If the only excuse is "de-cloning", then it isn't worth it. His Air Down A is beyond fitting, as Ganondorf is a Master of Evil that looks down upon the good people. Him stomping on someone fits notoriously well. But so do all of his moves, perhaps Gerudo Dragon being the sole exception. For his B moves, I like Flame Choke, I think his Energy Balls should replace Warlock Punch, possibly his Earthquake for Down B, but that's harder to say, as that could make a neat Smash Down A instead. Wizard's Foot works for the character too, being, you know, a wizard with a powerful kick(which makes sense, again, because there's no reason he couldn't ever pull that off in canon as long as he can do any kind of magic). What's tricky is his Up B. I'm torn between Dark Dive, which is actually useful, and the new animation is really cool, or a Teleport... which has been done before with Mewtwo and to a lesser extent, Sheik.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Wait, if it's a game starring Pikachu, is that necessarily a good thing? I mean, sure, I have good memories with Pokemon Channel and Pokemon Dash, but...

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Have you played Hey You Pikachu! ? It's a pretty good, imo. Very fun, flawed, but a lot of games are.
No, but I played Channel and Dash, and they were pretty good. It's just that most people I've heard hate Pikachu's main games (minus Pokepark, of course. Can't believe I forgot that).

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
You and I think alike bout disliking Ganon, but I'm not gonna try to get into a conflict, so it's to be safe.
And chance for even more Pokemon FCs? For the time being, I guess I'm collecting Synchronize Kirlia from a safari so I can start focusing on natures whenever I want em.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
No, but I played Channel and Dash, and they were pretty good. It's just that most people I've heard hate Pikachu's main games (minus Pokepark, of course. Can't believe I forgot that).
Huh. I only played HYP myself. I think I had Channel at one point? I dunno. I forget.

Well Ishihara seems to be worried how it will affect Pikachu's popularity, so it might not turn out so well...
Not surprised. When you milk the mascot, you have to be careful. Ryu has a lot of dislikers, same with Street Fighter in general, for this reason alone.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
First Shiny get, from a safari! It was a...

Freaking cotton candy.... ): It's actually yellow (with brown on the ears and feet), but no pics.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Downloaded Wind Waker HD off the eShop. This will be my first time ever playing the game -- one of the benefits of holding out so long. Also will see how I feel going all digital for a game rather than owning a physical copy.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Have you played Hey You Pikachu! ? It's a pretty good, imo. Very fun, flawed, but a lot of games are.
Though this wasn't directed at me, I've played it. Bought the game at one point actually, then donated it some years later... It was alright for what it was though I guess. Just wish the N64 had made more use of that mic thing after that game came out, like how the rumble packs first started with Star Fox 64 and then other games followed suit in allowing their use. That kinda thing.

Added the following: ---, Aura, both Psycho's, Shorts, and Admiral. My FC is under my avi.
Didn't get the chance to tell you, but I has teh Mawileite in case you still want it. Had it since yesterday or so, though I reckon you don't need it as much now, being as farther along on the game as you are, not to mention you're probably not too far away from being able to get said item yourself.

That reminds me, I dislike how they made you able to encounter like wild Houndour/Houndoom in the wild in X, yet its mega stone is only available in Y, and vice-versa for Manectric. Luckily I found someone that was willing to trade a Pokemon with their Houndoominite for my Manectric mega stone. And then you gave me a Larvitar, so I can actually use that mega stone for Tyranitar sooner or later... Thanks again for that.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Guys imagine this for just a moment. And yes this is related to pokemon X and Y. Your corporate bosses want to make a 3D pokemon game. Sounds good right? Well you know instead of modeling pokemon the way they usually do in all the other games using a 2.5 dimensional method they had to go full-blown 3D modeling for over 700 pokemon. Now you have a game development team right? Just try to imagine that studio room... You probably had a little over a year for the entire studio workroom team to make over 700 3D models of every single pokemon. Now if your a fan of 3DS Max and Autodesk Maya you might be able to fathom the horror that probably was that workplace... If you do know how hard it is to model 3D creatures for game engines imagine having to do 700 of that but all different. Autodesk Maya and 3DS Max are also unique programs in their own sense of the word too in how often they crash and corrupt your files for no reason.I am majoring in Game Art in my college and I am pretty sure I would never want to be in that workplace with that assignment hanging over my head.

Like I said just try to imagine the workplace with that game development team. The torture they had to go through to 3D model over 700 pokemon. Imagine the pain...
Why are you talking about this? It's hardly anything to do with the current topic.

Anyway, there is no way that a studio like Gamefreak would make the mistake of having the entire development team work on making models (I assume you're exagerrating) while everything else is a stand still. A team would be formed just for making the models which can be done with both in house developers and work for hire from the outside. Given how big of a cash cow Pokemon is, they could get as big of a team for making models as they would want.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Though this wasn't directed at me, I've played it. Bought the game at one point actually, then donated it some years later... It was alright for what it was though I guess. Just wish the N64 had made more use of that mic thing after that game came out, like how the rumble packs first started with Star Fox 64 and then other games followed suit in allowing their use. That kinda thing.

Didn't get the chance to tell you, but I has teh Mawileite in case you still want it. Had it since yesterday or so, though I reckon you don't need it as much now, being as farther along on the game as you are, not to mention you're probably not too far away from being able to get said item yourself.

That reminds me, I dislike how they made you able to encounter like wild Houndour/Houndoom in the wild in X, yet its mega stone is only available in Y, and vice-versa for Manectric. Luckily I found someone that was willing to trade a Pokemon with their Houndoominite for my Manectric mega stone. And then you gave me a Larvitar, so I can actually use that mega stone for Tyranitar sooner or later... Thanks again for that.
I am looking for Mawhileite if they don't want it

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Agreed. I think at least one other game used it, though. Thankfully, Microphones on later Nintendo systems got used a lot more.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
New pic of the day!

Hello Bowser again at last (but why does it look like he's getting hurt all the time in the photos?)... and Pit. <3

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
@ Prime - As I said in the backroom, "WHO NEEDS THE MAWILITE?" Mine is perfectly capable without it.
Gee, not like I could've gone to the BR now to have known you said that when making my post. :glare: Kinda rude way of saying no thanks. I'm sure yours is fine without it though; just remember the stone being something you said ya possibly wanted when we were trading for the first time.

So I'm guessing you want it then, Psycho? Which FC of yours do you want me to add?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
We got the picture quite early today, haha. It's a nice picture.

I wonder if the characters can tilt the plane by standing on the end of the wings.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Gee, not like I could've gone to the BR now to have known you said that when making my post. :glare: Kinda rude way of saying no thanks. I'm sure yours is fine without it though; just remember the stone being something you said ya possibly wanted when we were trading for the first time.

So I'm guessing you want it then, Psycho? Which FC of yours do you want me to add?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
We got the picture quite early today, haha. It's a nice picture.

I wonder if the characters can tilt the plane by standing on the end of the wings.
Dat be cool. But I'm starting to think getting the pic early does not mean something big is soon (we had one last week but nothing.)

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I wonder if you can find other starters in the friend safari besides the Kanto and Kalos starters... I really cannot wait to use Typhlosion on Pokemon Y.

Besides the starters, my most anticipated Pokemon is Victini. What about you guys?

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I wonder if you can find other starters in the friend safari besides the Kanto and Kalos starters... I really cannot wait to use Typhlosion on Pokemon Y.

Besides the starters, my most anticipated Pokemon is Victini. What about you guys?
Typhlosion is all I want to see. If Mega Typhlosion exists I NEED IT NOW!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
We may find out some day. Either it may be DLC or in the next game, or perhaps people will see through hacking(once they can).

But hey, who doesn't want a Mega Explosion? Speaking of, Electrode should get one. Its ability would be that he can use Selfdestruct/Explosion without fainting(but its HP is auto-cut in half, which won't work if it has 1 HP, in that case), and it has to skip its next turn in return for it. It means it can still win big, and possibly get experience with its best move.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I've tried to post here... but it's not working...

EDIT: Now it works!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to Gengar... Mewtwo, and the original starters, along with whatever new Pokemon they have to offer.

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
We may find out some day. Either it may be DLC or in the next game, or perhaps people will see through hacking(once they can).

But hey, who doesn't want a Mega Explosion? Speaking of, Electrode should get one. Its ability would be that he can use Selfdestruct/Explosion without fainting(but its HP is auto-cut in half, which won't work if it has 1 HP, in that case), and it has to skip its next turn in return for it. It means it can still win big, and possibly get experience with its best move.

Mega Electrode should just have a Master Ball design.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
True that. Here's my idea of an awesome Mega Typhlosion. I don't actually care what it actually turns out to be, but this would be badass:

Stat Difference: Higher Sp.Attack and Speed
-Competitively, that'd be scary. Think about it: a 360+ Eruption.-
Ability Difference: Volcanic Rage (An ability like Moxie, except it raises Sp.Attack.)
- Once again, Eruption Spam. And you thought Mega Blaziken was horrifying.
Type Difference: None
Item: Typhlosionite

I really hope they give Typhlosion a wider movepool (Access to Shadow Ball, Dark Pulse, etc..).

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
I don't see Ganondorf as all that necessary at this point, all that is Ganon has become non Canon.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
If you want a wartortle, add my FC <3

Also, had a dream that Pokemon is going to get more in depth with the story behind the third legendary. As well as the "mew" of this generation being a shrew Pokemon.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I just hope that eventually all starters get Megas. Personally holding out for Mega Feraligatr and Mega Sceptile here, the latter at least being very likely with fellow Blaziken getting a Mega and a Hoenn remake looking likely.

Morbi

Scavenger
I have to agree with this sentiment. After completing X and Y, I decided to go back to Heart Gold. I usually blast through the story by only leveling up my Starter. No one else, I train other Pokemon post game though. However, I usually just get my starter to level 100 before I challenge the Elite 4. This is the method to my madness! I do not know if anyone else emulates this play-style. It is actually successful. Typhlosion is my favorite starter, don't get me wrong, I love Charizard. My innate hipster desire inherently conceives a pseudo-hatred for him. He is too "casual". So Typhlosion is really the next best thing. Nothing will ever make me succumb to the love I have for him. Pokemon has not been the same once the starters got ****ty. I do not love Blaziken, he is alright, a good Pokemon statistically. I hate Infernape, Monferno was cool though. Emboar was okay, he makes me appreciate Blaziken more. I didn't even use Delphox in X and Y, that is a first. I ALWAYS pick the fire starter; however, I couldn't do it this time. I just couldn't. They have been getting more and more generic in my opinion. Infernape is a Blaziken knock off, hence Emboar is a clone too (mostly due to Fire/Fighting type similarities). Delphox really broke that chain, I just didn't see the appeal. I have been loving the Water starters more and more ever since Hoenn. It is ironic though, I love Blastoise and Feraligatr, I just never got around to using them. So it was refreshing to return to my roots. In Pokemon X and Y, I used Charizard the entire time (once I got him). In Heart Gold, I am currently a level 47 Typhlosion that just made it to Mahogany Town. Brings back memories. I am posting this because I am bored, no one is on right now. So I am just ranting and raving about how I loved the starters in the beginning. When there were only 151 Pokemon and an expansion of 100. Haha.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I just hope that eventually all starters get Megas. Personally holding out for Mega Feraligatr and Mega Sceptile here, the latter at least being very likely with fellow Blaziken getting a Mega and a Hoenn remake looking likely.

I agree. One of the things that I like about the Mega evolutions for the starters is that it actually makes most of them competitively viable for the first time without having to rely on hidden abilities. I wouldn't mind seeing Meganium and Serperior being made into Grass/Dragons so they aren't, you know, comically bad anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom