• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Whew.... Computer being broken has seriously cut back on my computer time in a bad way.

So, people are saying Ness was leaked? If so, I leaked him first. True story. ;)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Whew.... Computer being broken has seriously cut back on my computer time in a bad way.

So, people are saying Ness was leaked? If so, I leaked him first. True story. ;)
Hmm...? Ness leaked? Where?

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149
If anyone here would like to add me into their friends list, please do! =D (I just got to the 8th gym)
I added you! Good luck on your Pokemon journey!!

As a random aside comment about Pokemon in Smash, I really want Aegislash represented in Smash 4. A playable character is highly improbable, but that'd be cool. I'd settle for a Pokeball Pokemon or even just a trophy.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
These online battles annoy me sometimes. There's partial Legendary spammers, and others with their Faries that really hurt me. So I need an idea to kill some Legendaries without overusing em myself, and a Pokemon that can take a decent amount of hits. Maybe a nice Drapion would help patch part of my problems, and I still need a Shiny Pokemon for once.

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149
These online battles annoy me sometimes. There's partial Legendary spammers, and others with their Faries that really hurt me. So I need an idea to kill some Legendaries without overusing em myself, and a Pokemon that can take a decent amount of hits. Maybe a nice Drapion would help patch part of my problems, and I still need a Shiny Pokemon for once.

omfg the legendaries. My friend just challenged me with a team of Mewtwo, Yvetal, the Z legendary, Mega Lucario, Blaziken, and Sylveon. It's actually really annoying. I can let one legendary slide, but 3 is just ridiculous.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I really don't get why they don't have a sort of "secret" ban on legendaries. Like, if you use them, then you will only encounter other people who use them. If you don't use them, you don't have to worry about facing others that do.

Just some simple little system like that that doesn't get in your way?

I played on PBR a lot but it sucked because it was just UBER TEAM AFTER UBER TEAM. Was really hoping XY wouldn't be the same but it sounds like it is. I MEAN GAME FREAK HAS A LIST OF LEGENDARIES THAT THEY BAN FROM OTHER THINGS. WHY DON'T THEY USE IT FOR THE MAIN GAMES.

Shroob

Sup?
I honestly feel like we won't get a newcomer until November, and it will be Zelda. Sakurai threw at us all the Mario characters super early, why not the Zelda characters barring Ganondorf too?

Shroob

Sup?
Lavender Town, Old Chateau and Marvelous Bridge girl say hi.

Also, read some Pokédex descriptions, mainly for the Ghost types and Hypno.
Marvelous Bridge girl is one of the most f'd up things in Pokemon to date because we're told pretty bluntly how she died.

YoshiSonic

Smash Ace

You think I'm a pokemon noob? That angers me > : (

Can you hold on to this drifloon for a bit? I promise it'll be safe, I sprayed Underworld Max Repel.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

Meh, those are kinda overrated and not nearly as creepy as people make them out to be.

Anywho, so apparently Defog gets rid of all entry hazards now. ALL of them.

TIme to watch certain people lose their minds over it. XD

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Meh, those are kinda overrated and not nearly as creepy as people make them out to be.
Same for the Lumiose City girl. It's more or less on the same level of creepiness.

Anywho, so apparently Defog gets rid of all entry hazards now. ALL of them.

TIme to watch certain people lose their minds over it. XD
Both the player and enemy? It's like Haze, but for stage hazards... Interesting.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Same for the Lumiose City girl. It's more or less on the same level of creepiness.
Nah, I disagree. Those old ones where more of the "It's really creepy if you actually think about it" kind of things, which really are never creepy at all if you have to stop and ponder on it.

This one is an actual "in your face" unexpected and sudden surprise creepy. Much more legitimate since it's not one of those fully "superstitious" things.

Both the player and enemy? It's like Haze, but for stage hazards... Interesting.
Nono, "all" as in "every stage hazard in the game". Pretty sure it's only for one side that uses it. aven't used it myself yet, just something I found out from some others.

Hence why I said "apparently".

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Nah, I disagree. Those old ones where more of the "It's really creepy if you actually think about it" kind of things, which really are never creepy at all if you have to stop and ponder on it.

This one is an actual "in your face" unexpected and sudden surprise creepy. Much more legitimate since it's not one of those fully "superstitious" things.
I see your point. Yeah, the Lumiose girl is indeed unexpected.

The Old Chateau also had this sort of thing with ghost NPCs suddenly appearing. The first time it happens you're like WTF, but even so, in the Old Chateau it's understandable, since it's a haunted house, but Lumiose catches you completely off-guard.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Hey guys I'm not sure if I posted this on this thread yet! I can't remember. If I did, I apologize!

But I've made a petition about De-Cloning Ganondorf (and giving his current moves to another character like Black Shadow)! I'm getting some good responses so far, and I'm hoping we can get up to 100 votes soon. If anyone here agrees with De-Cloning the prince of evil, please click the link and sign! I wana make a lota noise with this!

Heres the petition:

https://www.change.org/en-CA/petiti...earances-in-previous-legend-of-zelda-titles-2

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Hey guys I'm not sure if I posted this on this thread yet! I can't remember. If I did, I apologize!

But I've made a petition about De-Cloning Ganondorf (and giving his current moves to another character like Black Shadow)! I'm getting some good responses so far, and I'm hoping we can get up to 100 votes soon. If anyone here agrees with De-Cloning the prince of evil, please click the link and sign! I wana make a lota noise with this!

Heres the petition:

https://www.change.org/en-CA/petiti...earances-in-previous-legend-of-zelda-titles-2

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I don't like giving Ganondorf's old moveset to someone else. It's unneeded, and a poor excuse to put Black Shadow in. Or any other. I'd rather they just further de-cloned him like how Jigglypuff became slowly more unique from Kirby, or how Luigi and Mario got changed up.

I'd rather Goroh got in instead, and there's really no one that should take Ganondorf old moveset, unless it's an unlockable version of Ganondorf with his Melee moves(or perhaps, a combination of Melee/Brawl). I think they can do a better job by removing some of his moves for sword or other attacks. His Air Down A, for instance, is still an excellent move that he should keep, clone or not.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
I don't like giving Ganondorf's old moveset to someone else. It's unneeded, and a poor excuse to put Black Shadow in. Or any other. I'd rather they just further de-cloned him like how Jigglypuff became slowly more unique from Kirby, or how Luigi and Mario got changed up.

I'd rather Goroh got in instead, and there's really no one that should take Ganondorf old moveset, unless it's an unlockable version of Ganondorf with his Melee moves(or perhaps, a combination of Melee/Brawl). I think they can do a better job by removing some of his moves for sword or other attacks. His Air Down A, for instance, is still an excellent move that he should keep, clone or not.
First of all... how is Jiggz in any way similar to Kirby besides the multipal jumps?

Second, the only reason I'm saying to transfer the moves to someone like Black Shadow is to satisfy the crazy Ganon mains who want that move set to be in the game, NOT as an excuse to put black shadow in. I could care less if Black Shadow was in the game, and even if we lost Ganons current move set I wouldn't care.

Third, how can you not want ganondorf to completely have his own set of moves? He has so much potential to be his own awesome character. He has no business being a clone! I'll post my Ganondorf move ideas here as well in a bit, and if that doesn't change your mind, you're nuts! :p

I'm afraid a petition isn't gonna help change anything in Smash 4 whatsoever.
Well not with that attitude.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
First of all... how is Jiggz in any way similar to Kirby besides the multipal jumps?
"Both share similar forward smashes, down smashes, neutral aerials, forward aerials (Kirby's hits multiple times, but he extends both legs in front of him as does Jigglypuff), down aerials, tilts, back throws, item animations, and ledge animations. Both also have near identical physics, with similar size, shape, weight, falling speed, air speed, and both possess five midair jumps. Their special moves, however, are all different." From the SmashWiki, which is full researched in this case. Mario and Luigi are a bit more similar. Falcon and Samus have a few things in common.

Second, the only reason I'm saying to transfer the moves to someone like Black Shadow is to satisfy the crazy Ganon mains who want that move set to be in the game, NOT as an excuse to put black shadow in. I could care less if Black Shadow was in the game, and even if we lost Ganons current move set I wouldn't care.
Already solved. Second unlockable moveset. As I said before.

Third, how can you not want ganondorf to completely have his own set of moves? He has so much potential to be his own awesome character. He has no business being a clone! I'll post my Ganondorf move ideas here as well in a bit, and if that doesn't change your mind, you're nuts! :p
Maybe because most of his clone moves are still awesome? His Air Down A is perfect and needs no changes. He was an excellent character in Melee as is. And yes, he should've been a clone... because that's why he got in in the first place. He wouldn't be in Melee unless he had a similar body shape to Falcon. He may have never been in Brawl if he wasn't in Melee.(of course, who knows how we could've gotten in Brawl if the clones never existed, possibly far less characters) I don't have a problem with clones as long as the moves fit well within the character. And Ganondorf is a powerful bruiser with the Triforce of Power and great magical ability. A magical punch fits all too well. Him having a Sword isn't actually necessary. He doesn't even use one in OOT, keep in mind. The issue is him not having his Energy Ball attack that's one of his most famous moves.

Well not with that attitude.
More like it won't happen as is because Petitions barely work. They sometimes have an effect, but it's rare, and they're usually much more vague stuff, like bringing a character into a game, compared to completely re-working a character, and taking his moveset and putting it onto someone else. To put it simply, a popular character suggestion sometimes work. Extremely specific ideas rarely ever work. Even a petition to get a game to be released worldwide works better.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
At this point, with the game so far in development, Ganondorf is probably already finished. Everything is decided already, and unless we have another Sonic moment (which is highly unlikely), nothing will be changed very much.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Do you realize how many petitioners have said that and still failed?
that specifically? and how do u know they failed, ganondorf hasn't even been revealed.

anyway heres my take on his move set:

I personally would like him to heavily take his move set from OOT (magic attacks) and then partially from TP (sword attacks), and then perhaps take little bits and pieces from games like LTTP. I think OOT is the most important because 1. he has a great move set in OOT that would work in smash bros, and 2. because OOT ganondorf was the version that was originally introduced in smash bros melee, so that's the move set he should have had to begin with! So here we go:

The flame choke: Love the move, and its great for Ganondorf. This can be kept, or can be removed, I wouldn't mind so much. But this is how I look at it.. Like I said, I'd want ganondorfs clone moves to be completely transferred to another character like Black Shadow (with the exception of the sparta kick). Now this transfer could include the Flame Choke in which case Ganondorf would lose that ability and be given a different move (just cause we don't need 2 characters with the same exact move). Or the other option would be the new clone (lets just say its Black Shadow) would be given a cloned move of falcons side B (basically like Melee's version). So instead of the flame choke, Black Shadow would just have that dash uppercut move, and Ganondorf would keep the flame choke!

Magic (OOT): I think his magic projectile is the first and foremost MUST HAVE attack that needs to get in there. I have a super in depth description of how I think this should work, and I'll post it later (assuming anyone's interested). It's long so it can have its own post

Then there are some moves that I think would be nice but perhaps not as high on the list.. for example, when you get to ganons piano room in OOT, he uses dark magic to kind of push link away and suppress his power (or whatever lol). So I was thinking maybe some kinda of flinch-less force push would fit nicely. This could be done as a chargeable B attack or even a quick A attack. I do a some brawl hacking, and I've done a simple mod where his A Jab has a force push attached to it which works quite well.

Hand to hand (OOT): Next I think his ground pound shockwave move from OOT should get in there. This one I think is fairly self explanatory.

Another "maybe" could be a cape reflect move like mario for his side B (if the flame choke were to be removed).

The Sword: Now, as for the sword moves there are a couple of ways they could work.. one option could be to make down B (or some other command) pull out his sword/put it away, thus giving him a separate full set of sword moves. This would be kind of like Zelda transforming into Shiek in the sense that there would be a complete new move set for him to use.
This second option however, I believe would work better (I know many people may disagree with this). But I think his A attacks should be heavily based on sword attacks. I don't think Ganondorf needs specials that are sword attacks as much (maybe one B move max). His sword moves in games like TP and WW are very limited and generic; so giving him a fill set of sword specials would kinda be forcing it. What kind of really good and original sword attacks could you give him, other than perhaps being able to shoot a projectile out of his sword.. which isn't even a sword attack lol..
That's my take on it anyway.
The way I see this working visually is the sword could be left in its sheath at all times, except when he actually uses it (he would pull it out for his sword attacks. Or conversely it could work the way links sword works where he always holds it and puts it away when doing specific moves that don't need the sword/it gets in the way. My favorite idea is this.. hopefully it makes sense. So the sword would start in the sheath like I said above, but when he uses it he pulls it out. Now at this point, the sword would stay in his hand whenever it doesn't affect another move/animation, but then when he needs to put it away, he does, and it stays in the sheath again untill it is needed for another move. I don't know if this makes sense. Gimi some feedback on this idea

Magic (LTTP + other): Finally the LTTP stuff.. He could use electricity for some moves. Perhaps he can shoot electricity for a B special, or during a throw animation (also something I've done in my hack in a more primitive way).
His current punches and kicks in brawl do use electricity, and stuff like that would be great to have as well, as long as the moves in question aren't clone moves.

Flying: his run animation I think should be a floating animation similar to Mewtwos run in melee.
More importantly though, he should also be able to float using his jump like Peach/Mewtwo (in P:M for those who have seen the mewtwo reveal). But he should also have his own twist to this ability.

Other: He probably should also have a teleport move like in LTTP and/or TP (probably as his up B).

So what do you guys think? Do these ideas sound like they would work well, or do you guys have totally different opinions? What do you agree with and disagree with?

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
"Both share similar forward smashes, down smashes, neutral aerials, forward aerials (Kirby's hits multiple times, but he extends both legs in front of him as does Jigglypuff), down aerials, tilts, back throws, item animations, and ledge animations. Both also have near identical physics, with similar size, shape, weight, falling speed, air speed, and both possess five midair jumps. Their special moves, however, are all different." From the SmashWiki, which is full researched in this case. Mario and Luigi are a bit more similar. Falcon and Samus have a few things in common.

Jiggz is nowhere near being a clone of kirby..

Already solved. Second unlockable moveset. As I said before.

Okay I don't disagree with this, but I don't see it happening.

Maybe because most of his clone moves are still awesome? His Air Down A is perfect and needs no changes. He was an excellent character in Melee as is. And yes, he should've been a clone... because that's why he got in in the first place. He wouldn't be in Melee unless he had a similar body shape to Falcon. He may have never been in Brawl if he wasn't in Melee.(of course, who knows how we could've gotten in Brawl if the clones never existed, possibly far less characters) I don't have a problem with clones as long as the moves fit well within the character. And Ganondorf is a powerful bruiser with the Triforce of Power and great magical ability. A magical punch fits all too well. Him having a Sword isn't actually necessary. He doesn't even use one in OOT, keep in mind. The issue is him not having his Energy Ball attack that's one of his most famous moves.

His clone moves are awesome yes, but they don't belong to him. That's the reason I'm suggesting giving his clone moves to someone else, so THEY could be awesome, and HE could have his own move set.

I agree the sword isn't super necessary, but it would be nice.. look at my move ideas above and you'll see what I have in mind.

And why did he NEED to be a clone.. Please PLEASE explain that logic to me. And don't tell me because of time constraints and all that garbage. It's called delaying the game and putting the work in to create the character properly! Him being a clone is completely unacceptable and I have no sympathy for a corporation who makes tones of money off us telling us that its "too much work" or they "don't have enough time". BS

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Is this guy for real? His avatar screams "troll" to me, could just be extremely naive though.

So anyway, has anyone else beaten X/Y yet? I'm surprised that I've beaten it days before people who got it on day one. I'm still curious as to what my own friend safari type is. Kinda itching to battle some people as well.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Okay here's my magic attack vision in full:

First of all (this part is straight forward), the move would be chargeable (obviously). But to give it a different feel, it would be nice if it worked more like Dedede's down b hammer charge move. So while Ganondorf charges his projectile, he can also move around. Now, when the move is charged and shot, the more charged up it is, the more powerful it becomes, and also the faster it moves. If you don't charge it long, it would be very slow, while near the end of the charge it would move as fast as samus' projectile (something like that). Also, this projectile wouldn't work as a kill move like Samus' or Lucarios projectiles, they would work as a paralyzing tool (similar to ZZS paralyzer). The more it's charged, the longer it paralyzes and the more damage it does.

Now, the animation to the charge would be similar to OOT (above his head) and when it's shot, if hes on the ground it would move at a slight angle toward the ground (with no wiggle), but if in air, he would shoot it at a much deeper angle toward the ground (still with no wiggle).

Here is where it gets much more complex. I'm thinking that if you charge the move to its full potential, it becomes the scatter shot from OOT. In this case Ganondorf would shoot out 5 magic balls which DO wiggle, and move at a medium-high speed. They would be scattered of course, and they would be covering a lot of area, so to make this not OP'ed, it could be made so that each of these 5 magic balls is a lot weaker than when he shoots one (kind of like the power is split into 5 separate balls rather than all in one). This makes the move difficult to dodge, but it would be a great distraction move/if it makes contact it can cause some damage.

Finally, when not charged fully as a scatter shot, I think the magic attack should be reflectable by all attacks (not only reflectors). That is, a normal A attack would reflect the move. The trajectory and strength of the attack used to reflect the ball would affect the speed at which it is knocked back as well as the direction the ball moves in and how much more powerful it becomes. Each time the ball is hit 3 things would happen. 1. the speed of the ball is increased, 2. the damage and paralyzing time increase and 3. the lifetime of the attack would be replenished (at least partially) so that it doesn't just disappear after one reflect. This would make for some cool tennis battles with the magic blast!

Thoughts on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom