• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
Wonder Trade is probably one of my favorite features in the game. Acquired Mawile, Azurill, Kangaskhann, and Gible with phenomenal IV/ Natures (having finished breeding most of them), Protean Froakie (Will breed when exams are over), and a PokeRus Squirtle. Still on the hunt for Gale Wings Fletchling and Gooey Goomy.

Also I've been doing Battle Spot a lot, and it's not surprising that in general the Japanese and to an extent Europeans have a much stronger sense of competitive play than compared to Americans I've played against.

Lately I've been running Talonflame, Geninja, Mawile, Gengar, Azumarill, and Aegislash. However, I'm not sure if the Brave Fencer set for Aegislash will cut it for the foreign meta and might have to make alterations that don't revolve around the easily predictable Brave Fencer set (Though it certainly catches scrubs off guard and lets me set up +6 Shadow Sneaks).

Furthermore I'm also surprised by the number of Xerneas' that AREN'T carrying Power Herb when running Geomancy or Speed Boost Mega Blazikens that lack Protect globally.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I agree. One of the things that I like about the Mega evolutions for the starters is that it actually makes most of them competitively viable for the first time without having to rely on hidden abilities. I wouldn't mind seeing Meganium and Serperior being made into Grass/Dragons so they aren't, you know, comically bad anymore.
Megan is one of my favorite Pokemon and the second typing might help (although it'd be embarrassingly weak to ice), but HUH?

----

kikaru

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
How do you wonder trade?

Go to the Player Search System and there should be an option called Wonder Trade next to Battle Spot. It requires you to connect to the internet, you upload a Pokemon and receive a completely random one in return, it took a long time to get the Pokemon I mentioned and a lot of the times you'll just be getting Caterpie, Doduo, Scatterbug, etc. But in my opinion if you stick with it long enough it's definitely worth it, especially when you can start sharing the love once you hatch enough eggs and upload them.

Morbi

Scavenger
Wonder Trade is probably one of my favorite features in the game. Acquired Mawile, Azurill, Kangaskhann, and Gible with phenomenal IV/ Natures (having finished breeding most of them), Protean Froakie (Will breed when exams are over), and a PokeRus Squirtle. Still on the hunt for Gale Wings Fletchling and Gooey Goomy.

Also I've been doing Battle Spot a lot, and it's not surprising that in general the Japanese and to an extent Europeans have a much stronger sense of competitive play than compared to Americans I've played against.

Lately I've been running Talonflame, Geninja, Mawile, Gengar, Azumarill, and Aegislash. However, I'm not sure if the Brave Fencer set for Aegislash will cut it for the foreign meta and might have to make alterations that don't revolve around the easily predictable Brave Fencer set (Though it certainly catches scrubs off guard and lets me set up +6 Shadow Sneaks).

Furthermore I'm also surprised by the number of Xerneas' that AREN'T carrying Power Herb when running Geomancy or Speed Boost Mega Blazikens that lack Protect globally.
I just use Wonder Trade to accumulate Pokemiles for PP ups and Rare Candies. I suppose I am also saving up 2 boxes filled with Pokemon from Wonder Trade (I plan on going for another box or two) to farm for Master Balls.

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149
All I'm asking for is Mega Metagross. Metagross is honestly just one of my favorite pokemon and I just caught a Metang in a safari today. Although, I'd love if every starter got a Mega too. I think it's entirely possible for their to be more Megas, but maybe their stones won't be possible to obtain until a future event or Pokemon Z.

Anyways, I'd love it if you guys could friend me. My 3DS Code is under my avatar.

And as a side note I'm guilty of giving fodder on Wonder Trade. I generally trade the Luvdiscs I get from heart scale farming, although to be fair I've really never gotten anything great back.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
All I'm asking for is Mega Metagross. Metagross is honestly just one of my favorite pokemon and I just caught a Metang in a safari today. Although, I'd love if every starter got a Mega too. I think it's entirely possible for their to be more Megas, but maybe their stones won't be possible to obtain until a future event or Pokemon Z.

Yeah I'm pretty sure there are probably still some unrevealed Mega evolution that we haven't seen yet. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Gamefreak say that Gen 6 is the only generation to not have any of it's pokemon given the ability to mega evolve? Yet there haven't been any gen 5 pokemon seen so far that can mega evolve. (so far I know at least) So I think there may still be a number we haven't seen yet. Besides Blaziken can also mega evolve and his mega stone isn't obtainable without getting the limited time only event Torchic that can't be obtained through normal gameplay. But maybe I'm also just looking too much into it.... :/

Morbi

Scavenger

Anyways, I'd love it if you guys could friend me. My 3DS Code is under my avatar.

And as a side note I'm guilty of giving fodder on Wonder Trade. I generally trade the Luvdiscs I get from heart scale farming, although to be fair I've really never gotten anything great back.
I wish I wonder traded you, I haven't found a Luvdisc yet! Haha. I am the same, I used to give out my spare Dittos and while I was at it, I would catch some Zoroark for the sole purpose of giving someone a cool Pokemon they might have overlooked. I never got anything good in a Wonder Trade aside from a Bastiodon. That was really cool of him to trade that off. Now I just catch Pokemon in the first area and name all of the females "Megan Fox" and all of the males "Obama". Hopefully it gave someone a good laugh.

kikaru

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
I wish I wonder traded you, I haven't found a Luvdisc yet! Haha. I am the same, I used to give out my spare Dittos and while I was at it, I would catch some Zoroark for the sole purpose of giving someone a cool Pokemon they might have overlooked. I never got anything good in a Wonder Trade aside from a Bastiodon. That was really cool of him to trade that off. Now I just catch Pokemon in the first area and name all of the females "Megan Fox" and all of the males "Obama". Hopefully it gave someone a good laugh.

Fishing on Route 8 with Old Rods bags Luvdisc 100% of the time in case you or anyone needs to Heart Scale farm. The best Wonder Trade I got, hands down, was a Whismur named Pumbloom, I lost my **** for a good minute or two.

Morbi

Scavenger
Fishing on Route 8 with Old Rods bags Luvdisc 100% of the time in case you or anyone needs to Heart Scale farm. The best Wonder Trade I got, hands down, was a Whismur named Pumbloom, I lost my **** for a good minute or two.

Thank you for that little tidbit. I thought I was going to have to go to Tierno EVERY day. I don't even know what Lunar Dance is! Haha.

Edit: I just looked it up. My suspicions were confirmed. It is the signature move of Cresselia. How the hell am I supposed to show that to Tierno?! Route 8, HERE I COME.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Zygarde? Or your designated Legendary Bird? I am waiting for a Master Ball, I am too old to be dealing with that .4 catch rate. It is too hard when you are checking for nature/IV. More importantly, do you want to trade it for a Magikarp? :awesome:
All of them and i have x so no yveial

kikaru

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
What's a "Mega Form"? "gens"? New pokemon in Smash brothers? I'm lost of where this is going.

Mega Evolution is a new evolution introduced in the sixth generation of Pokemon in which certain Pokemon, while holding the appropriate Mega Stone, can experience a temporary Mega Evolution in battle only. Though I'd argue some Mega Evolutions were a bit pointless or serve incredibly niche roles such as Mega Scizor.

As far as gens go I'm guessing people are talking about how they wished some Pokemon from older generations would also receive Mega Evolutions such as Typhlosion, Metagross, Arcanine, etc. It's definitely possible that they'll introduce more Mega Evolution down the road considering how big of a hit they were, though what would they name Dragonite's Mega Stone...? Lol.

There was a picture earlier this week featuring the back of Xerneas' head (A new legendary in the sixth generation of Pokemon), he's most likely confirmed as a Pokeball Pokemon.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Mega Evolution is a new evolution introduced in the sixth generation of Pokemon in which certain Pokemon, while holding the appropriate Mega Stone, can experience a temporary Mega Evolution in battle only. Though I'd argue some Mega Evolutions were a bit pointless or serve incredibly niche roles such as Mega Scizor.

As far as gens go I'm guessing people are talking about how they wished some Pokemon from older generations would also receive Mega Evolutions such as Typhlosion, Metagross, Arcanine, etc. It's definitely possible that they'll introduce more Mega Evolution down the road considering how big of a hit they were, though what would they name Dragonite's Mega Stone...? Lol.

There was a picture earlier this week featuring the back of Xerneas' head (A new legendary in the sixth generation of Pokemon), he's most likely confirmed as a Pokeball Pokemon.
Think digimon meets pokemon to basically sum up the mega forms

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
How are people getting different hair styles and colors?

Is there another hair salon or something?

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Countless petitions have been made for Smash 4 already. None have been successful. Petitions are practically jokes to Nintendo at this point.

I don't mean to come off as rude. I'm just saying that petitions won't really help with anything.

I've taken a look at all the SSB4 petitions out there.. None of them have that many votes. If everyone on this forum signed the petition and posted it on other forums and sent it to their friends and they all sign, and all their friends sign etc etc, we could have thousands of signatures. I think if a particular petition had that many signatures and the idea was that popular, Nintendo and Sakurai might be like.. hmm, maybe we should look in to this.

I could be wrong, but people saying oh this won't do anything and not signing or helping will certainly not make anything happen. Anyway, whatever I guess.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Never really got what all the fuss was about Typhlosion. Some of the other fire starters I can understand, but... if Typhlosion were to get a mega form, then so should the other Johto starters.

The hair salon in South Boulevard of Lumiose is where you go to change your trainer's hair color & style.

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149
Just saying that serebii is there for all your Pokemon problems. Of course, I know some people are against looking things up things. I was against it before I beat the E4, but now that I did beat it and I can focus on making teams and etc. I have no qualms about looking things up now. To answer your questions, both new hairstlyes and the Lumiose Boutique are linked to a stylish rating.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
So that rumored Mega Dragonite before X and Y came out... I guess it was only a rumor after all huh, or did that form get scrapped?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Male Combee evolves into Beedrill, doesn't it?! :crazy:
kakuna evolves into Beedrill

Edit:

I got a Chespin and Larvitar from Wonder Trade. I'm giving out breeded Skrelp, but I'm not sure it's fair trades

Except when I get male combee or caterpie

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I have five baby Charmanders from attempting to breed a female with my Charizard and Ditto. I think I may just wonder trade them off and make five random people's days. Karma might give me a ghost safari with Misdreavus in return...

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149
I have five baby Charmanders from attempting to breed a female with my Charizard and Ditto. I think I may just wonder trade them off and make five random people's days. Karma might give me a ghost safari with Misdreavus in return...
I did that too at first, except with Bulbasaur. My karma paid off just today, as I got a Steel Safari with Metang!! Of course, the Luvdiscs I've been giving recently probably explain all my other bad safaris.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I think I'll trade off three of them, keep one to evolve into a Charmeleon for collective purposes, and save the one with a modest nature in case I need it since people seem to like modest Poke's. I'm still rather sad that there's apparently nothing regarding Misdreavus, Mismagius is my favorite ghost type.

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149
If they are like me, they are just trying to Master Ball farm and get some PP ups, maybe a few rare candies. GTS is where the serious trades occur. Zapdos for a Feebas, haha!
Wait, do you have a Feebas!? If you do, could you possibly catch/breed one for me. I'm not entirely sure what I could get you in return, but maybe I have something good?

Morbi

Scavenger
I think I'll trade off three of them, keep one to evolve into a Charmeleon for collective purposes, and save the one with a modest nature in case I need it since people seem to like modest Poke's. I'm still rather sad that there's apparently nothing regarding Misdreavus, Mismagius is my favorite ghost type.
A lot of people like Modest Pokemon because if that Pokemon is a special attacker, it doesn't need the attack stat. So the detrimental stat is one that would not be used anyways. Modest Alakazam/Gengar are really common sweepers... or they used to be! The opposite can be said about Adamant. If the Pokemon is a physical attacker, they do not need a Special Attack stat. This is a common method of finding an ideal nature. Some more specialized teams might want something else, or Defensive Teams don't really worry about attack in general.

Wait, do you have a Feebas!? If you do, could you possibly catch/breed one for me. I'm not entirely sure what I could get you in return, but maybe I have something good?
Sadly I do not. I was just making fun of rare Pokemon like Zapdos getting traded for a Feebas. If I ever do get one, I will give it to you for free (Pidgey or something).

SirGalvan

Smash Journeyman
I have a milotic if you want me to I could breed some feebas for u but the catch is its in my platinum game

SirGalvan

Smash Journeyman
I have a milotic if you want me to I could breed some feebas for u but the catch is its in my platinum game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom