• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Unlikely, you mean. There's a good chance Lucario will come back, but who knows? Sakurai is truly unpredictable, after all.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Lucario is on my list of 'interesting worries'. A character I think should absolutely stay, whilst at the same time I continue to hold that firm irrational belief that somehow Mewtwo and Lucario could co-exist in the same game.

If I had to pick amongst the 2, I honestly don't know which one I would pick.

I never seem to be here for the big debates. Aus time zones are oh so very curious.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Super impossible, you mean. There's a big chance Lucario will come back, but who knows? Sakurai is truly unpredictable, after all.
I mended your words, silly falcon. :awesome:

No, I'm kidding. I understand that Sakurai is very random, but I think Sakurai will make the right choice. Lucario is still the most likely, most wanted Pokemon currently, next to Mewtwo. I feel that Lucario is a signature Pokemon in his respective series, along with Pikachu. At least, that's what I've noticed.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
No, most likely is Jigglypuff coming back(Original 12 are key). Lucario and Mewtwo are much harder to say. Since the latest movie stars Mewtwo, I'd put it at a higher chance than Lucario. Also, Mewtwo was the most done in Brawl, so he did have the highest priority if they could add one more. I know Sonic was added late, so he pushed him back. It's possible that Wolf was added late, same with Toon Link(SSE doesn't throw them into the storyline, which he spend 70% of his time on). Jigglypuff was probably worked on late, but I'm not so sure she wasn't going to be in no matter what. If she was worked on last minute, it would explain why she's not very good at all.

Only one I think may have a low chance at all is Pokemon Trainer. Pichu doesn't count, since he was the only playable character never intended for Brawl, unlike the other Forbidden 7. Fun Fact: Giga Bowser has character just like the other characters, like the Alloys, Mario, or Pikachu. I wonder if he might've been a boss at first? Or perhaps a playable clone? Mind you, I like he was playable outside of hacking, but he did suck a bit in Brawl.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Uh... am I on the wrong message board? I thought this was Smashboards, not Serebii... :awesome:

So... how about that Mega Man and Pikachu picture on Miiverse, huh? I think this confirms Pac-Man. :awesome:

Look at MUH PATTERNZ...

Pikachu is yellow.
Pac-Man is yellow.

Pikachu's name starts with a "P".
Pac-Man's name starts with a "P".

The first Pokemon games earned Nintendo lots of money back in the 1990s.
The first Pac-Man game earned Namco lots of money back in the 1980s.

Nintendo is always using Pokemon to print money to this day.
Namco is always using Pac-Man to print money to this day.

Pikachu dominates Mega Man in today's Miiverse picture.
Pac-Man dominates Mega Man in Street Fighter X Tekken.

Don't you see?! It all makes sense now!!!! :troll:

Mario.... You... MONSTER! Beheading Toads is one thing and now goombas? What's next? YOSHI?​

Serious note : This game just keeps looking better and better everytime **** is shown. HYPE

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Mario.... You... MONSTER! Beheading Toads is one thing and now goombas? What's next? YOSHI?
He's gonna make that dino... sore. :troll:

Serious note : This game just keeps looking better and better everytime **** is shown. HYPE
I'm just glad Peach and the main Toad is playable.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I hope that metal Cap comes back. Because why the **** not?
Possibly because Metal Mario has been treated as his own separate person in multiple games outside of Super Mario 64? They've been kind of consistent about that. First was in Super Smash Bros. 64 where he was essentially his own character. His next various showings in other games like Mario Golf, then he starts to get his own personality later on... so I wouldn't be surprised if they don't do this. Melee partially treats Metal Mario as his own guy, but that's due to the fact you face him at an entirely different time from regular Mario in Adventure Mode, no different from 1Player in 64. Metal Luigi shows up too. I do remember them introducing an alternate metal form called Gold Mario and later Silver Luigi. I think that might be the new power-up versions for Mario?

Mind you, one theory(mine, mind you, and it has a lick of sense) is that due to the fact that there IS a Metal Dr. Mario is that it's really Dr. Mario in disguise whenever Metal Mario shows up in the Mario series as the same time as Mario. This is somewhat plausible as Miyamoto's own statements makes Mario and Dr. Mario being the same person more questionable. He doesn't seen him as the role of a doctor. Being a legit one is still possible, as he does save lives specifically in Dr. Mario 64's storyline, so that may not be what he meant either. Also, to note, Baby Mario isn't the same thing as Metal Mario and Mario showing up at the same time; This is due to the fact that they both can do so via time travel, as proven in the second Mario and Luigi game, respectively.

What attracted me was mainly the level design, new power ups YET AGAIN :D (Giant mushroom, light block, and more details regarding a beheaded goomba).
I haven't looked at anything now. I will say that the cat suit is cool.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Goombas surely must be stupid. D: Then again, they are Bowser's lowest level minions.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
.....interesting new item.

It's unlikely anything in the main Mario series will ever be as dark as Super Paper Mario's plot. (and some of it's characters)

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Spider men--- I mean Cat men (Check the first spiderman movie poster)

This game is looking damn good, not sure what else you need in a high definition game.

Developers want to be able to see the warts on Wario's face before they jump onto the Wii U boat.

Side note, I wonder what the character design team could do with Paper Mario as a fighter.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Oh wait. I was wrong. The Goomba suit isn't as dark as the moment in the original new Super Mario bros where Bowser dies and becomes Dry Bowser. Dat melting flesh.

Well, they are chestnuts...
And the suit still has the tongue, eyes, and the inside of the Goomba's mouth.....

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Really tired... just built an auto wheat house on Minecraft and beat Pokemon Y today. Time for bed. But before I do, I want to ask you all something.

Did you guys ever doubt any of the Smash Bros. games before they were released? If so, why?

Do you currently think Sm4sh is going to be bad (in what detail?)?

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Oh wait. I was wrong. The Goomba suit isn't as dark as the moment in the original new Super Mario bros where Bowser dies and becomes Dry Bowser. Dat melting flesh.

And the suit still has the tongue, eyes, and the inside of the Goomba's mouth.....

its like skinning a animal

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

Now that you put it like that.... Now I'm strangely interested!
Aku.gif

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
This game has both kinds of goombas in it

I'm pretty sure the other type are chestnuts, BUT the basic type of Goomba like the one above is a mushroom

And yes, in Japan they both AREN'T called Goombas

Chestnut Goomba

Mushroom Goomba

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
After owning one of the Lucario's from that skater girl, I really want Lucario to be back. He better be strong like his Pokemon counterpart as opposed to being slow and weak like Brawl.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
After owning one of the Lucario's from that skater girl, I really want Lucario to be back. He better be strong like his Pokemon counterpart as opposed to being slow and weak like Brawl.
Weak? I fail to see your logic. I used to roll over players with Lucario.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I wish he has something similar to Project M Lucario.

http://www.serebii.net/xy/updatedstats.shtml
In other news, I thought all of these stat updates were nerfs. I was reading it backwards.

So! 100 Attack Base Speed Boost Scolopede, hmm? That sounds pretty legit.

Raichu being faster is nice, but he needed more Sp. Attack.

Ampharos with more defense? That's what I'm talking about! But being slow is still a bummer, but Ampharos's Tank moveset has more support.

Poots

Smash Journeyman
Really tired... just built an auto wheat house on Minecraft and beat Pokemon Y today. Time for bed. But before I do, I want to ask you all something.

Did you guys ever doubt any of the Smash Bros. games before they were released? If so, why?

Do you currently think Sm4sh is going to be bad (in what detail?)?
Every smash game has it's highs and lowd -
Smash 64 has that comic book/cartoony feel to it, but.....well.....it's low budget shows.
Melee is a true fighting game (Or the one that feels the most fighting game-ish) with it's very fast gameplay, but the characters lack personality and some of the models still look....not good.
Brawl had loads of content and more personality, but they took out a lot of techniques used in melee and halted the gameplay to a crawl.

With all that said, I still think every smash game is better than the last and it doesn't look as though that's going to change with this new one!

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
White Flabebe must be rare as hell, after hours on end searching for the thing, I've got three of each other colour, yellow, red, blue, and orange, but not a single white one. Has anyone even come across a white one? Apparently they pop up in either the yellow or purple flowers near the daycare but I have no luck at all.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Weak? I fail to see your logic. I used to roll over players with Lucario.
Agreed. Lucario is a very powerful character in Brawl proper. I love his concept, although I can't work with how he attacks very well. The Aura is fine, just the direction of moves is a problem.

That took me over 10 minutes to post. Jeez...

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
White Flabebe must be rare as hell, after hours on end searching for the thing, I've got three of each other colour, yellow, red, blue, and orange, but not a single white one. Has anyone even come across a white one? Apparently they pop up in either the yellow or purple flowers near the daycare but I have no luck at all.
The first one I caught for my in-game team was a white Flabebe. I found it on the Route with all the hedges where you first battle Tierno's Corphish.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
The first one I caught for my in-game team was a white Flabebe. I found it on the Route with all the hedges where you first battle Tierno's Corphish.
OTL
If it's not too much trouble, could you catch one for me and trade it over? I've got a ton of Squirtles and a few Charmanders, if that tickles your fancy.
Scratch that, I finally hatched a female Squirtle and was able to trade it for one on the GTS. Breeding is such a drag.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
So I've been sleeping all day since I've been feeling kind of ill, depressed and dangerously sleep deprived. Still not feeling all that great.

I miss anything interesting?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Nothing except for the 3D World trailer and one of the COD guys says that COD players aren't gamers.

I've been sleepy a lot lately too. It's not stress as I just applied for a new job.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I know your pain, Kuma. I've been applying to jobs like crazy so I can finally bring in some cash and maybe even help my parents and sister out a bit with things. Mainly my sis since she's trying to get things settled with her new house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom