• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
He said he wasn't adding Fighting characters similar to already playable SSB characters.

People misquote that so freakin' often. :facepalm: Characters like Nightmare are entirely possible, because he's not similar to another character. He has his own unique style. He wouldn't fit into Smash, but gameplay-wise, he's viable.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
He said he wasn't adding Fighting characters similar to already playable SSB characters.

People misquote that so freakin' often. :facepalm: Characters like Nightmare are entirely possible, because he's not similar to another character. He has his own unique style. He wouldn't fit into Smash, but gameplay-wise, he's viable.
Kinda hypocritical considering he already added Toon Link to the game. :troll:

I guess it is because Toon Link is not a fighting game character so he doesn't count.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Kinda hypocritical considering he already added Toon Link to the game. :troll:
He probably meant for Third Party series?

I guess it is because Toon Link is not a fighting game character so he doesn't count.
There's that, and he didn't say this till well after Smash For's development came under way. So perhaps any returning character is exempt from this idea. -shrugs-

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
If I was to get that game, I may choose that fire type. I guess I'm an occasional sucker for the magic-looking type. I mean look at that fox with a magic fire stick.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
What I would give to have a Gengar of type Ghost/Psychic. Wait, I already know how to achieve that.

Missed the mark again Gamefreak. The mega design is aight tho.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Looks better than the official design:

The official one looks like Gigalith.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I just read that, in Japan, all copies of Pokémon X/Y ready for launch are all pre-ordered already. The number of copies is 1.26 million and the numbers in America and Europe are more or less the same.

The game's gonna sell like hotcakes.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Man, Torterra is kind of disappointing. Looks like it should be really big, but they factor the top of its BACKTREE into its height of 7' 3", so really to the top of its shell it's only 3' 11".

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Now look at that and tell me the Grass and Fire final evos don't look stupid

Inb4theydon'tlookstupid
theydon'tlookstupid

Seriously, I like them both more than the water one, honestly.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I believe they were sold out for pre-orders.
They were. All of the copies to be launched Saturday have been pre-ordered already in Japan.

I didn't pre-order mine, which means I may find difficulties in finding a copy, but I've read that people here in Portugal that have pre-ordered the game already have it and some stores have been selling the game too. I imagine the same should be happening throughout Europe and possibly America.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Chespin looks like someone that escaped the awkward stage with grace.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
They were. All of the copies to be launched Saturday have been pre-ordered already in Japan.

I didn't pre-order mine, which means I may find difficulties in finding a copy, but I've read that people here in Portugal that have pre-ordered the game already have it and some stores have been selling the game too. I imagine the same should be happening throughout Europe and possibly America.
I'm just glad I pre-order mine like a month ago.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Pokemon 666 is a butterfly?!

Whatever... but I love Pokemon 701!!!! It is a luchador bird!!! It is the best 6th gen Pokemon I have ever seen!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Pokemon 666 is a butterfly?!
Beezlebub is sometimes presented as a Moth. That may be the reference. It also has around 10 different colors.

Whatever... but I love Pokemon 701!!!! It is a luchador bird!!! It is the best 6th gen Pokemon I have ever seen!
It's Fighting/Flying. Even better. :D

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Beezlebub is sometimes presented as a Moth. That may be the reference. It also has around 10 different colors.

It's Fighting/Flying. Even better. :D
As of now, Flying might be the only Pokemon type to be paired up with all other types, since I assume Togetic and Togekiss are now Fairy/Flying, and there's a Flying/Fighting type.

----

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I knew about all of these a week ago. :laugh: I'm the kind of person that likes to spoil things for myself instead of wait.
I was trying to surprise myself, but my curiosity got the better of me so I caved in a bit. These were all i saw. I'm afraid to even go on Serebii

@ Aggron- Looks Majestic.

bobadz

Smash Ace
So ninja's fight aliens, mutants, and crime syndicates

Travel through space, time, and dimension

Put weird toppings on their pizza

To be fair those were added in the 80's cartoon.

The original Comic Ninja Turtles were a parody of Frank Miller's Daredevil run. The original TMNT comic was really gritty.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
As of now, Flying might be the only Pokemon type to be paired up with all other types, since I assume Togetic and Togekiss are now Fairy/Flying, and there's a Flying/Fighting type.

----
You are correct on all accounts.

Sadly, there is one new Eeveelution. Sure, that means there's an even number of them, but I was surprised Dragon wasn't made.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I want to make three different Pokemon teams... and each team will have one fighting type Pokemon... Chesnaught, Pangoro, and Hawlucha.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Crap, not only did my Best Buy store did not have the clearance Wii U Pro Controller but it's sold out on their online store too.

Sigh...

Oh well.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The strong possibility of a Pokemon reveal tonight is actually pretty exciting. I'm debating whether to stay up for it though especially if it ends up being Mewtwo because that will cause this place to crash... hard.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Eh I'm not too fond of any of these final evolutions but I guess I'll go for Froaky with this game, his final evolution looks like it will grow on me over time. ^^, then I'll take Charmander as my Kanto starter. (Or maybe Bulbasaur so I can have a team of Grass, Water and Fire starters with the Event Torchic alongside)

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm still going with Chesnaught. I would've gone with Greninja had they kept the clouds but... the tongue... oh gawd the tongue...

Still, at least neither makes me sad. Delphox makes me sad. :(
Good thing I'll overcompensate with both Charmander and Torchic. :awesome:

D

Deleted member

Pac-Man is overrated in the sense that he has not been nearly as requested as Megaman or Sonic the Hedgehog. I doubt there will be many people out there whose wishes' come true if Pac-Man's playable.
Highly requested =/= not overrated.

Case in point, Geno.

One Piece doesn't skew it as bad as Naruto. At least you can tell that One Piece is meant to be rather light hearted in comparison to Naruto. Besides that, we also have Pirates of the Caribbean that shows pirates in another way. Had there been another big franchise starring ninjas, Naruto wouldn't be as big of a skewer.
Good point.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm definetely going with Froakie. Greninja's tounge doesn't bother me at all, and it looks awesome in my opinion. Reptile (or rather Amphibian) + Ninja = Win.

Then I'll be choosing Charmander for three reasons.

1. It's adorable.

2. I'm a Charmander in Mystery Dungeon.

3. Charizard X is truly awesome. By far my favorite Mega form yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom