• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chido72

Smash Cadet
I'm sad Delphox isn't getting more love. I think I'm one of the only people who haven't jumped ships from Fennekin and avoided the roller coaster of emotions that came as the evolutions were leaked. Probably going to run a Mono-Psychic team in X.
I think I'm also one of the only people who won't use a Kanto Starter, because I don't care about nostalgia.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Speaking of Pokémon, PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals) is back with YET ANOTHER Pokémon parody.

http://features.peta.org/pokemon-red-white-blue-parody-game/

Oh fun! :glare: Last time PETA did this, their Facebook wall, Twitter account and YouTube page were flooded BIG TIME by a giant swarm of angry Pokémon fans comments. Plus it got a lot of unwanted attention too (like getting SEVERELY burned). Thought they'd learn by now.
That's exactly what they they want. Really I hope gamers have learned their lesson and just ignore PETA.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
I'm sad Delphox isn't getting more love. I think I'm one of the only people who haven't jumped ships from Fennekin and avoided the roller coaster of emotions that came as the evolutions were leaked. Probably going to run a Mono-Psychic team in X.
I think I'm also one of the only people who won't use a Kanto Starter, because I don't care about nostalgia.
Personally I really appreciate that Game Freak's trying something new with Fire starters and Delphox deserves all the praise in that respect but I'll stick with Greninja =P I plan on nuzlocking this game so I'll probably just use dat Bulbasaur out of convenience but otherwise I would not feel inclined to use it =P

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Fennekin's evolutions were disappointing to me.

Chespin's final evo is OK...

But I love all of Froakie's evolutions.

Also, Fennekin fans should be thankful it's evolutions weren't anything like in that one BitF comic.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Every time I read the name Delphox, the word "dolphin" pops into my head. Then I get sad since there is no dolphin Pokémon.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
This. Chestnaught might actually be the first grass starter final evolution aside from Venusaur that isn't hilariously bad. Now all we need to see is its movepool...
Come to think of it, all the other grass starters had neat mid evolutions, but then kind of WTF later on. It's like Poketeens. Chespin evolves into that weird kid who then evolves into a badass.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Every time I read the name Delphox, the word "dolphin" pops into my head. Then I get sad since there is no dolphin Pokémon.
Digimon and Yu-Gi-Oh both have Dolphin monsters. Same with Mario.

I'm pretty sure Delphox's name is based on the Oracle of Delphi.
He's not saying its origin, he's saying it reminds him of a similar word.

Ninjask'd.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Wow, I think Fennekin's final evo is my fave. Then again, I'm a huge fan of Pokemon based on canines, especially mythical creatures like kitsune (like Ninetales and Zoroark). And I'm loving the warrior/mage/thief vibes I'm getting from the evos. In fact, in RPGs, I'm a huge fan of mages (especially white mages) so perhaps that's another reason I'm pretty fond of Delphox.

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
Fennekin's evolutions were disappointing to me.

Chespin's final evo is OK...

But I love all of Froakie's evolutions.

Also, Fennekin fans should be thankful it's evolutions weren't anything like in that one BitF comic.

This is my stance exactly, I was hoping Fennekin's final evolution would be less humanoid and more.... fox-like? Depending on if I get X or Y I may or may not ditch all the starters, including Kanto starters.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
This is my stance exactly, I was hoping Fennekin's final evolution would be less humanoid and more.... fox-like? Depending on if I get X or Y I may or may not ditch all the starters, including Kanto starters.
Pretty much, I think it's safe to say most people were expecting Fennekin's evolutions, or at least ONE of it's evolutions to be more fox-like, and instead we get two humanoids with fox-like heads that look like mages. Personally I don't think they aren't bad forms overall though, aside from the fact that they were unexpected and unfitting when compared to it's first form.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I was expecting Fennekin's evolutions to be more humanoid so I'm far from dissatisfied. If anything, they couldn't have turned out better.

I like how everyone's 3rd ones turned out especially. No complaints. :3

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Will probably go with Fennekin since it seems to be the least popular. Honestly all the starters are about equal in design IMO.

Am definitely up for trading starters once I get access to the breeding center

Hoots

Can Be Combative
I'm pretty sure Delphox's name is based on the Oracle of Delphi.
Arcadenik is 100% correct, however, Delphi and Delphinus (Dolphin) both come from the same root word, Delphos, which means "womb" in Greek. Dolphins are "womb-fish," and Delphi was considered to be the "womb of the world," since it was the connecting point to the heavens. There is also a myth that Apollo took the form of a dolphin and transported a priestess from Crete to a new island, founding Delphi. However, this could be a myth created long after just to explain why they had similar names. Either way, Delphi and dolphins are heavily connected, so it makes sense why Delphox makes you all sad about no qt Dolphin pogeymanz.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Serperior might actually be the first grass starter final evolution aside from Venusaur that isn't hilariously bad.
Fixed that for you. Serperior is definitely the first. I'll give Chesnaught second.

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149
While we're on Pokemon talk, I gotta say that I'm going for Froakie. I like frogs better than foxes and...whatever Chespin is and I generally lean towards Water anyways. Throw in an awesome final evo and a cool second typing and that does it for me. Also I plan to get no sleep until after midnight on Saturday. I want to stay up and be there the very moment we get our new pic, and then some for a midnight eShop download.

In other news, two of my friends and I just started a Smash club in my school and we're having our first meeting tomorrow. I'm so hyped.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I was never interested in that ugly grass thing. It could burn in hell for all I care. I was torn between Fennekin and Froakie and then the Final Evos happened. At least with Charizard I could tell it used to be a Charmander.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Serperior is ****ing ****, easily the worse of all the starters.
... I'm going to disregard that statement, because unless we're considering competitive viable... ness... (Even then he's probably not the worst)

I disrespectfully disagree :p

Also on grass starters, Sceptile I can somewhat see where some of you guys are coming from but I like him. But torterra HOW THE **** DO YOU GUYS NOT LIKE HIM? He's a ****ing turtle with a mountain on his back! HOW IS THAT NOT THE MOST AWESOME AND CREATIVE STARTER DESIGN FROM THE 4TH GEN OR EVEN STARTERS IN GENERAL?! (OK he's not my favorite but DEFINITELY underrated)

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
Honestly if I'm going by a character reveal tomorrow my bet would be on either jigglypuff or PT

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Both casual and competitive. ****ING AWFUL, USE LILLIGANT INSTEAD.
Word. Its like going with Quagsire when Sawmpert exsists.
Quagsire has water absorb which opens up for a bit more safe switch-ins, but Swamprrt is still the better of the two.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Fortunately, I don't have to stay up late night to check the new pics. I mean, it's 2 AM here and the site usually updates at around 9 AM in my timezone.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Word. Its like going with Quagsire when Sawmpert exsists.
Quagsire has water absorb which opens up for a bit more safe switch-ins, but Swamprrt is still the better of the two.
I would point out that I like using both, but honestly, it's for incredibly different reasons that I use each.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Anyone staying up for tonight?
Caught all the other ones, can't miss this. ;)

That said I'll probably be sleeping for the rest of the day tomorrow considering once the games come out I'll be cutting all unnecessary activities from my schedule, including sleeping and eating. :awesome:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Well, while you all stay up till late night, I'll be comfortably sleeping. The benefits of living in Europe! :awesome::demon::troll:

This said, see ya! :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom