• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Well you night owls can maintain the fort. Some of us weary souls need our sleep to recover from multiple exams. A small part of me is worried we might all be psyched out and a Pokéball character is revealed instead. Whichever happens, there is bound to be shenanigans, and you all know how I love me some shenanigans. Will be a trip either way.

#returnoftheking

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I saw that rant about the Grass starters, and people- I am disappoint.

Serphirior looks good- but that's it. He has a terrible movepool, bad stats, and being a total Grass type makes him even worse.

Torterra has good defenses, but Ice-Type attacks eat him like I eat... anything. His H.A. isn't that great, either. However, he's not all bad. Good Attack and defense can be used in a Choice band set.

Meganium is in the same boat as Serphirior.

Venasaur is an awesome Sun sweeper. Even better in X and Y, he becomes a defensive **** brickhouse.

Sceptle is an interestig case. I don't use him, but I think Unburden may help him in X and Y.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So...

We may not get a character in the update tonight.

There's a Poke Direct tomorrow right? We may get our character then!

What time is it?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
So...

We may not get a character in the update tonight.

There's a Poke Direct tomorrow right? We may get our character then!

What time is it?
There's a Poke Direct tomorrow? That's the first I've heard of it.

But yeah, that'd probably get reveal priority.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Are you calling Sceptile and Torterra crap!?
Sceptile was outclassed by Blaziken and especially Swampert in 3rd gen and just got worse as time moved on. Of all the grass starters, it was easily the second best competitively which, all in all, isn't saying much since NU's pretty much their domain aside from 5th gen venusaur. Decent movepool, fantastic speed, and alright attack but kind of frail especially with it being a pure grass type. There are rumors of a Mega Sceptile this gen that's grass/dragon so that might help sceptile in a big way.

Torterra... is crap. It's supposed to be a tank but so many things do a better job than it at this. The main thing that kills it is its almost nonexistent speed which makes it a sitting duck to the first attack of virtually everything and makes it almost impossible to set up with. Its typing leaves a lot to be desired too which is why even Pokemon that are weak against it can fart on its grave before it can get a decent attack in.

Serperior had so much potential. Great speed, surprising defense, and access to coil and Contrary which made it a surprise sweeper but... it's movepool is laughably bad. I mean... it has less access to moves than meganium.... MEGANIUM! The original herpaderpasaurus. That's bad. It could have been amazing but for whatever reason Gamefreak decided to be extra stingy on the moves it could learn.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I'm actually leaving tomorrow morning for a 6 day trip. I have to wake up ~3:45 am (I'll probably have some time to check the website). But I'm contemplating whether I should get some sleep or not haha. But yeah, whether the news is good or disappointing, I'll be missing the action either way. So like, have fun I guess haha.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I await the day
Lucario returns to the fray.

And with that, I'm off. X and Y are coming, so I'm taking a break from this site.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Apparently I was wrong.

Glad to be wrong though.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
So apparently Toon Link was only added because Wind Waker HD was coming out. So that means Ridley wont be added anytime soon! :wario:

God i hate Youtube commentors.

EDIT: I was just told this today on a video talking about Toon Link.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
It is true that WWHD is the only reason he was added, though. XD

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Added, revealed, same exact thing when it comes to Smash. Fact remains true. :3

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
You don't know that. XD

Anyway, I wonder if the next update will be something big and interesting or if it'll be something completely pointless that wasn't worth looking at again.

And holy crap, is the posting system finally fixed? D:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Okay, as a test, I'm going to explain a phenomenon that many have questioned before in the Sonic series.

How on earth do the "Get Blue Spheres" stages in Sonic 3 & Knuckles work and make sense?

Allow me to explain.

The positive energy blue spheres are made of purely positive Chaos energy from the Chaos Emerald inside the Special Stage of choice while all the red spheres are the negative energy and the white spheres are of completely neutral energy. The Chaos Emerald's positive energy feedback barrier makes it so that nothing can come within reach without it being of the same level of positive energy as the positive energy within the positively charged Chaos Emerald itself, and that positive energy is only kept stable by the negative energy of the red negative energy balls that surround the entirety of the Special Stage. The only way to reach the positively energized Chaos Emerald is the pass through the positive energy balls and turn them into negative energy balls while absorbing and building up the positive energy from the balls within yourself until you've collected them all and stored up an amount of positive energy within your body on an equal level of that of the Chaos Emerald's while avoiding the negative energy balls since contact with even one will expel all of the positive energy after it turns into negative energy and forcefully warps you out of the zone. The white neutral energy balls will simple bounce and repel you into a different direction because it cannot be passed through or absorbed. After you've stored enough positive energy within your core, the positive energy feedback barrier shielding the positively charged Chaos Emerald from visual sight will be brought down and you'll be automatically drawn towards the emerald due to being of an equal level of positive energy and due to all of the negative energy balls being cast away into the void, thus allowing you to collect the emerald and carry on with your journey until you collect all of the rest.

And that is how "Get Blue Spheres" works.

Tune in next time for when we cover the most mind-numbing concepts of time:

Magnets.

Edit: Holy crap, first try! O_o It really DOES work now! WOOHOO~!! XD

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Try being unconscious. That way, you'll still be alive to play the new Smash when it comes. D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom