• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Well, anyways, my laptop charger finally got replaced and it feels great to have it back! Creative writing! Better management of school papers! Toying with Autodesk programs! Posting on Smashboards! Downloading music and torrents!

"ULULULULULULULULULULULUUUUUUU!" - Rider Alexander the Great

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
How long did it take you to think of that Wave?
7 minutes straight since I typed it as I thought it the very first time I did so to a friend. ¦D

Then I saved it in case I ever needed it again. XD

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
At least there hasn't been an awkward double post since the last time I used Smashboards.

Also, crisp Vi avatar you got there, xIblisx. For some reason, it gives me a clearer perspective on her face, which is kind of weird. :p

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Thanks, she is my favorite champ :) I really like the "VI" tattoo on her face. Idk, it kind of spices up the attitude she already brings.

This also isn't my first time trying to post this..

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
KINDA RANDOM but when I was younger, I always thought that the spheres in "Blue Sphere" represented Sonic characters. So like:

Blue = Sonic: Since the objective is to get the blue spheres, the blues ones are essentially good because well Sonic is the main character of the franchise and whatever
Red = Knuckles: The red ones are bad and make you lose the game when touched becuase Knuckles is a jerk
Yellow = Tails: Since Tails is Sonic's buddy, the yellow ones help Sonic by making him jump over a bunch of spheres when touched
White = Robotnik: These spheres represent evilness and could act like traps, accidentally pushing Sonic into red ones or trapping him between two white ones

for some reason this also applies if Knuckles if playing. Though, I always thought it would be cool if you collect red spheres instead, if the player chooses Knuckles.

Or something like that... weird imagination I had lol.

But yeah, that game is pretty trippy. In fact, a lot of the special/bonus stages in Sonic games are pretty trippy or random lol. My fave though is probably Sonic 1's special stage. The changing background... the rotating maze... the memorizing music....

I demand this song be put into Smash!!

okay yeah, carry on...

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I laughed at my friend who thought he had to collect the red ones when he was knuckles. His reaction when he was wrong and I tried telling him he was wrong.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Chlorophyll or Thick Fat would be my first choices.

Hmm, I've always wondered why some evolutions don't make the monster slower.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I laughed at my friend who thought he had to collect the red ones when he was knuckles. His reaction when he was wrong and I tried telling him he was wrong.
We've all had that one friend. XD

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Haters gonna hate.

Was mainly just pointing out some cool things about someone under-appreciated. Far be it from me to actually try and convince people to ditch their favorite overrated childhood dragon or anything. :rolleyes:

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
If we are talking about Pokémon again, how do you guys feel about the inverse battles? Where all type advantages are backwards.

EDIT: I can't stand when a Cho'gath silences me when I'm trying to Vault Break >___>

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
If we are talking about Pokémon again, how do you guys feel about the inverse battles? Where all type advantages are backwards.

Well, my initial thought is it's going to be confusing and or interesting for a while, and then even out and just turn into exactly that, reverse battles, where fire beats water. Maybe I'm wrong though, and it won't just feel like opposite day. Still, it'll be nice to fry some fish with a Fire Blast for once.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
All of the logic I've ever known....

We're already heading into that territory with Fairy being the victor over Fighting. Grade School didn't prepare me for this.

@Iblis

I think I might be able to make that happen actually.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Well, my initial thought is it's going to be confusing and or interesting for a while, and then even out and just turn into exactly that, reverse battles, where fire beats water. Maybe I'm wrong though, and it won't just feel like opposite day. Still, it'll be nice to fry some fish with a Fire Blast for once.
Hell. Yes.

Smooth Criminal

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I guess on inverse battling, I'll enjoy beating you bloody Charizard ****ers with my own Venusaur. Muahaha!

In all seriousness though, not sure what I really have on it far as first impressions. Suppose it makes me wonder how much certain ability traits and stuff will still help and whatnot. Am sure there will be certain movesets that would normally seem absurd be made specifically for inverse as well...

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Charizard wasn't my childhood favorite. I want it because Charmander is adorable, Charizard X looks awesome, and I'm a Charmander in Mystery Dungeon.

Also, I was listening to the Final Boss theme from Bowser's Inside Story, when I found this-

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I'm sure Mario gets more than one Assist Trophy. Just wonder how he would work. He better throw out his quotes too.

When the Arena Ferrox and Smashville City rounds of the soundtrack contest come about, there's gonna be trouble.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Can't even pretend to be bothered to catch up with the rest of the post-unwarranted-hype posts atm.

Daylight Savings doesn't end until next month, actually...Where I am, anyway.
I know for a fact it took place in AU/NZ, which I assumed carried over to JP because of time zone similarities. Either way 12 isn't as bad as a wait as 1 for me. Especially on school nights.

And I can kinda relate to that whole thing. It's kinda why I'm picky about talking to anyone around here much, let alone outside of it. When I do pick out someone, though, it's because I usually have a feeling we should click pretty well without stealing each others peace and solitude or wanting to strangle one another. XD

In your case, I can just see us getting along well...And I imagine you won't hound me if I go a few days without being around or saying much cause I'm busy. ¦D

And I just like you. You make me laugh. As such, I dedicate the following classic song to you, my friend. :3

I'm flattered, and truth be told I got the feeling as well. The song made me feel better, too.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I don't think there were anything from the M&L series in Brawl :l
Besides like a soundtrack or two.

I'd like the boss theme from Partners in Time to be a track in Smash 4. It was apparently planned for Brawl.

A stage based on BeanBean Kingdom, like Chucklehuck Woods or Stardust Fields would be nice.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Can't even pretend to be bothered to catch up with the rest of the post-unwarranted-hype posts atm.

Not like you missed much anyway. Don't let it worry you. ¦D

I know for a fact it took place in AU/NZ, which I assumed carried over to JP because of time zone similarities. Either way 12 isn't as bad as a wait as 1 for me. Especially on school nights.

I don't even know if Japan does the Daylight Savings stuff or not, honestly. o.o

*checks* ...

Google and it's many results say no, so I must be true. ¦D;

I'm flattered, and truth be told I got the feeling as well.
The song made me feel better, too.
I'm glad you feel the same. (And that the song helped too. I always love helping people feel better.)

I'm definitely looking forward to getting along with you more over time, then. Here or elsewhere. Message me anytime.

I won't lie, though. I found it kinda cute that you felt flattered by what I said. :3

A "flatterer" isn't exactly something I pin myself as. XD;

Morbi

Scavenger
Not like you missed much anyway. Don't let it worry you. ¦D

I don't even know if Japan does the Daylight Savings stuff or not, honestly. o.o

*checks* ...

Google and it's many results say no, so I must be true. ¦D;

I'm glad you feel the same. (And that the song helped too. I always love helping people feel better.)

I'm definitely looking forward to getting along with you more over time, then. Here or elsewhere. Message me anytime.

I won't lie, though. I found it kinda cute that you felt flattered by what I said. :3

A "flatterer" isn't exactly something I pin myself as. XD;
What the hell did Jigglypuff just read?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yes. I hope to meet my future spouse at the Walmart down the street. You cannot control love. Maybe I will try to find love at the Taco Bell if that fails. You just have to persevere and continue trying until you find someone that uses a similar font color.
...I've got a crush on the girl who works at the Walmart down the street...

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

So close...

I can taste it...

Status