• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm failing to see how the "Warning! Challenger Approaching!" banner on the site are hints that a new character reveal isn't far away. Anyone care to elaborate?
It isn't. The whole thing has been entirely random and just plain means nothing.

The image going up early didn't mean anything either, at least, so far.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Ouch... Shoulda kept that Mudkip buddy.

Sigh, it reminds me years ago when I found my first Shiny Pokemon outta the random on my Emerald Version. It was a Lv26 (or 28 I think) Shuppet that I wanted to catch, but it killed itself using Curse. RIP, suicidal shiny Shuppet. :'(

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Ouch... Shoulda kept that Mudkip buddy.

Sigh, it reminds me years ago when I found my first Shiny Pokemon outta the random on my Emerald Version. It was a Lv26 (or 28 I think) Shuppet that I wanted to catch, but it killed itself using Curse. RIP, suicidal shiny Shuppet. :'(
The only shiny I ever caught was a few months ago (I've been playing since Red and Blue). I got attacked by a shiny Zangoose, and I was like "Well ****" because I never carry any Pokeballs with me because I normally don't bother catching Pokemon. Luckily, I had picked up a few Ultra balls at some point and was able to not 1HKO him with my Cacturne (thank god he sucks! ... :( ). Yippee. I haven't even taken it out of the box... So very, very useful.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I ran into a red gyarados in Gold and Silver, but no matter how many times I reset it never turned blue again.

I traded in the game and never played again until diamond and pearl, where they mentioned the red gyarados glitch

it was so meta

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I remember catching a blue Voltorb on Sapphire years ago.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
**** all of you. I've never had a damn shiny in my whole life.
I had a shiny slump for a while but there was this one time I randomly caught a shiny budew.
And then I was rock smashing for heart scales in soul silver and found a shiny krabby...
But I lost my soulsilver so I don't really own any shinies ;-; (I also had a shiny wingull and a machoke at one point... Also I had that shiny dog trio but that doesn't really count. Also red gyarados XD)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
LOL

People complaining about Greninja's tongue:

"Yeah, some people here appear to have tongue issues lol."
"Well, some people here don't have the same experience with positive attributes with tongues"

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
LOL

"Well, some people here don't have the same experience with positive attributes with tongues"
Honestly it's an interesting and creative idea. Don't bash it immediately for being weird =P

Hoots

Can Be Combative
LOL

Yeah... I feel like we could spend all day (week? month?) talking about why the gen 6 designs are mostly bad, but let's not!

**** all of you. I've never had a damn shiny in my whole life.
Don't worry about it, man. Shinies are entirely pointless, and the people who obsess over them are... of questionable motivation... Most of the shinies are total downgrades from the original color scheme anyways.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
The only shiny I actually met during random gameplay was a Tangela in Pokémon Gold. I didn't know what shiny pokémon were, and when it appeared I noticed the lights Gold and Silver used to have to depict them. I thought "What the hell was that" and then "Oh **** it".
I killed it. It was worth it.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I like most of the gen 6 design. Still mad there's STILL is no dolphin Pokémon after all these years.

As for shinies: Never ran into one that wasn't a Nintendo freebie but I did get a shiny Maractus from an online trade on White 1 (surprisingly all he wanted was a mere Ditto. You can catch those in Gen V in the wild with no problems unless he wanted a sex machine early.)

And why does it take like 5 attempts to post anything now asjdfhjasdhf **** everything
You're not the only one. Most people here ran into the same problem.

Seriously, this is why I don't make long posts. I tend to forget copying it before refreshing x_x

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I like most of the gen 6 design. Still mad there's STILL is no dolphin Pokémon after all these years.

As for shinies: Never ran into one that wasn't a Nintendo freebie but I did get a shiny Maractus from an online trade on White 1 (surprisingly all he wanted was a mere Ditto. You can catch those in Gen V in the wild with no problems unless he wanted a sex machine early.)
I'm still butthurt that there's still not a true tiger pokemon.

I've come across 3 shinies my entire gaming career:

Shiny hoot-hoot: Came across it my first playthrough of Silver back in 2000. Didn't know what it was so I killed it and didn't realize what I had done until years later.

Shiny diglett: About two years ago during a Nuzlocke run for Pokemon Fire Red. Ran out of pokeballs...

Shiny graveler: About two years ago during a Nuzlocke run for Heart Gold. It used self destruct...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom