• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That's actually a too common fan mistake. Raikou, Entei, & Suicune were never dogs. Raikou is a tiger, Entei is a lion, and Suicune is either a cheetah or leopard.
Well, they are the incarnations of vaporeon, jolteon and flareon

and those three evolved from eevee

and eevee's a fox

and fox's are canids

It wouldn't make sense for the incarnations of the evolutions of canids to turn into feliform

So despite all evidence in the contrary, they are dogs

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Well, they are the incarnations of vaporeon, jolteon and flareon

and those three evolved from eevee

and fox's are canids

It wouldn't make sense for the incarnations of the evolutions of canids to turn into feliform

So despite all evidence in the contrary, they are dogs

Wah? The original Eeveelutions and the Legendary Beasts (correct name) may have some similarities but absolutely NOTHING has been confirmed they are actually related in any way (which would explain the lack of Psychic, Dark, Grass, Ice, or Fairy Legendary Beasts).

Seriously, just look up the Bulbapedia pages of Raikou, Entei, Suicune and read of their origin sections.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Wah? The original Eeveelutions and the Legendary Beasts (correct name) may have some similarities but absolutely NOTHING has been confirmed they are actually related in any way (which would explain the lack of Psychic, Dark, Grass, Ice, or Fairy Legendary Beasts).

Seriously, just look up the Bulbapedia pages of Raikou, Entei, Suicune and read of their origin sections.
There were only 3 eevee's in the burning tower, that's why there isn't any of the other legendary dogs

Morbi

Scavenger

You never know. It could have been a Vaporean, Flareon, and Jolteon stuck in the fire. I am convinced. Obviously it is just speculation for fun. I doubt it will ever be confirmed.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Now you're just making stuff up.
It mentions in gold and silver that 3 pokemon were trapped in the burning tower and died

The sacred bird revived them as Suicine, Entei and Raikou

Since the town is best known for EEVEE's, it's best assumed they were eevee forms

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
It mentions in gold and silver that 3 pokemon were trapped in the burning tower and died

The sacred bird revived them as Suicine, Entei and Raikou

Since the town is best known for EEVEE's, it's best assumed they were eevee forms
Three UNNAMED Pokémon. And the Kimono Girls are famous for the Eeveelutions, not Ecruteak City in general.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Three UNNAMED Pokémon. And the Kimono Girls are famous for the Eeveelutions, not Ecruteak City in general.
The town is famous for the kimono girls who are famous for eevee

and the kimono girls are descended from generations of kimono girls

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Still doesn't prove what Pokémon were in the Burned Tower.
Can you think of three carnivora animals within the johto dex that are water, electric, and fire types that are well known in Ecruteak City?

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I'm sorryyyyy, I'm taking my first visit to the Prediction Thread and it's insane LOL

Here's an idea for the debate thread:

1. Don't mention Fire Emblem.
2. Don't mention Ridley's size.
3. Don't mention Fire Emblem.
4. Talk about Toad, Tingle, those kinds of characters if you'll do them.
5. DON'T TALK ABOUT FIRE EMBLEM.
6. Get some spectator input to see debates they'd wanna see.

Shroob

Sup?
So, am I the only one who thinks Sakurai is going to leave up the banner because, why not? Better to just leave it up and relink it whenever a new character appears than take it down and put it up every time someone is revealed... especially if there's only say, a 2-3 week gap between releases.

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149
I'm actually glad the banner is still up. I doubt that Sakurai would remove it just put it back in like 2-3 days. He'd probably take at least a week to reveal the next vet and put the banner back up. So I think the banner still being up is actually showing that we will get a new reveal.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412

Nintendo just released it today.
DAT FUR.

I was kinda hoping they would show off mix match kongs like Dixie and Diddy, But it looks like you have to have DK.

I had a shiny Zubat, Tediursa, Torkal, Pidgeot and shiny Grimer.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Some of the new levels shown off for Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze are absolutely amazing! Scorch N' Torch is by far the one level I am most excited for, and the music for Aqueduct Assault is classic, ambient DKC fare. Retro just needs to fix the lighting in some of these levels, and add our favorite reptilian king as a secret boss, and this game will be the perfect DK experience.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/10/08/donkey-kong-country-tropical-freeze-scorch-n-torch-gameplay
http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/10/08/donkey-kong-country-tropical-freeze-aqueduct-assault-gameplay

That music man... David Wise really does make a world of difference (not that Yamamoto was bad considering he was thrown into composing for the original game rather quickly). Need some of these tracks in Smash. The way Sakurai has been picking some stages lately makes me believe we'll see a Tropical Freeze stage, but I'd be a little disappointed since Sunset Shores is just made to be one of those really unique Super Smash Bros stages.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I'm very curious which DK stages Sakurai will choose this time around. Pikmin 3 was his only real option for a new Pikmin stage, and I'd wager the Sonic Team suggested which new stage to add from Lost World. With DK, however, there's not one, but two relatively recent games chock full of options beyond just generic jungle, not to mention throwbacks from the classic DKCs.

D

Deleted member

It will be a picture of Pit eating a grill cheese sandwich, Donkey Kong playing on a saxophone, and for some reason Kirby is trying to put on pants and failing miserably.
Well Pit better wash his hands, cuz Ridley wants a cheese sandwich.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I'm very curious which DK stages Sakurai will choose this time around. Pikmin 3 was his only real option for a new Pikmin stage, and I'd wager the Sonic Team suggested which new stage to add from Lost World. With DK, however, there's not one, but two relatively recent games chock full of options beyond just generic jungle, not to mention throwbacks from the classic DKCs.
My gut tells me he'll stick to Returns and pull what I'm still expecting to be Sunset Shores -- which in it's own way could be a spiritual successor to Jungle Japes.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
What I voted:

I voted "yes" in that poll.

I personally think R.O.B. has a unqiue moveset, and was a neat choice. I'd be quite sad to see him go.

Shroob

Sup?
R.O.B. is nearly as important as Mr.Game and Watch to Nintendo's history. I think it'd be in poor taste to cut him.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
R.O.B. is nearly as important as Mr.Game and Watch to Nintendo's history. I think it'd be in poor taste to cut him.
People did the same thing to Mr. Game and Watch during the production of Brawl. It seems to be the cycle with these off the wall choices. Don't be surprised if years from now the same thing happens to Wii Fit Trainer. All R.O.B really needs is a few tweaks to his moves, but really there are a lot of other that need it more than he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom