• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Another early update. Not as early as before though. I think it just has to do with timing on Sakurai's schedule, or he just felt like getting it up earlier.

Either way, it probably doesn't mean anything.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Finally some Pit and Samus, as well as it being a 3ds pic, and we get to cut missiles up? Back then, doing that just blows the missile up, but this is a nice new feature.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
It's neat that you can cut the missiles now, instead of just hitting it and making it blow up in your face.

Now if only we could do that to Snake's grenades...

It would be cool if the missile pieces sizzle for a second and then blow up still and do a little damage and stun (Think Falco's lasers). It would give Samus a unique and solid projectile that could set up for frame traps and force the opponent to block missiles if Samus approaches with them.

Edit: Snake's a boss, AP **** you for liking that post

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So this will be a game that will change Pikachu. Many think that it will be the reveal of Mega Pikachu.

The following info comes from a feature focusing on Tsunekazu Ishihara, the president of the Pokemon Company.
- he will appear on Japanese TV on October 28th
- mentions an unprecedented game whose development started this Summer
- the game is said to change Pikachu
- Ishihara is worried about how the change will affect Pikachu's popularity

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=214040

Thoughts?
This, "new game" may be the Pokken Tournament title leaked to be copyrighted by Pokemon- a possible fighting game (the one shown in the special video showing all of the Pokemon games. If it is, Pikachu might be a Playable character that has some sort of difference from the regular games, like speech, mega evolution, or in my opinion, a new design. Whatever occurs, I'm sure it has to do with that fighting title.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
So now you can break missiles with a sword or one's bare hands before it comes in contact with you... Not sure how to feel about that yet. Hope maybe what Eternal said above ends up being the case.

These early updates are slightly convenient I guess. With how marginal it is though I don't think it means anything either. Suppose even Sakurai can't always be that consistent with his timing.

... And if you could do the same against Snake's grenades they would be kinda useless considering the time it sorta takes for them to detonate in the first place.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Sorry, but Pit's more of a boss. You get to fight his body as a "boss" at one point somewhere. :troll:

EDIT: And I feel your pain bout basic brawl Snakes, KoP. It's bad enough that he's a high/top tier with broken OP'd hitboxes (Need I remind them of F-tilt and U-tilt?).

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
How Snake was in Brawl is hardly an excuse to take low blows against him when talking about updates like these though.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well I ain't letting that down unless either Snake is not in this Smash, or if I see some true balancing for him if he makes it in, and my mind for that shall not change. And I didn't even bring him up first.
And before this topic gets outta hand, going back to cutting missiles in half, good replacement for stress balls.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I wish big/heavy characters got something more going for them aside from their weight.
Some kind of attribute, maybe.

Sorry, but Pit's more of a boss

One of Snakes clones is named Big Boss, so he is the bossiest of the bosses, bro. Pit is an anime character with no facial hair with which you vehemently defend your fixation with.

Snake is an amazing unique character and is one of the hardest characters to use in Brawl strong tilts or not. And like Ridley said it is a low blow; Snake's disjointed hitboxes were a mistake, it happens in smash all the time and it's not like Brawl was the first to see them. Correct if i'm wrong, isn't Pit a character who primarily uses disjointed hitboxes? Yeah...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
For some reason, the site hasn't been updated yet... Does anyone still see yesterday's picture? I have refreshed the site several times and it still keeps showing yesterday's picture.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
For some reason, the site hasn't been updated yet... Does anyone still see yesterday's picture? I have refreshed the site several times and it still keeps showing yesterday's picture.
Same issue for me. I like seeing a boot to the head as much as the next guy, but...

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

"If it's just a missile, a sword can slice it right up. Of course, you could just use your bare hands."
Am I the only one that noticed that Samus' usual green lights on her armor are BLUE? Has she gained the ability to change beams?

Triangles

Smash Rookie
The "Challenger Approaching" banner is now gone. You guys think we'll get something tomorrow or Friday?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
One of Snakes clones is named Big Boss, so he is the bossiest of the bosses, bro. Pit is an anime character with no facial hair with which you vehemently defend your fixation with.

Snake is an amazing unique character and is one of the hardest characters to use in Brawl strong tilts or not. And like Ridley said it is a low blow; Snake's disjointed hitboxes were a mistake, it happens in smash all the time and it's not like Brawl was the first to see them. Correct if i'm wrong, isn't Pit a character who primarily uses disjointed hitboxes? Yeah...

I dont follow Metal Gear stuff, so I have no interest in that. "Manly" attributes are overrated anyways, belittling the young-looking cool characters.

You take Pit for granted too. I could say he's unique too, and difficult to use as well beyond the generic elitist's or average player's wording of "Just spam arrows, camp, and smashes", but do they really know how to get Pit going and truly get him to his potential, knowing he has many disadvantages? At least Snake has few difficult matchups compared to Pit (I'm certain he has Olimar, D3, Wario, and questionably Marth and Pika problems along with the typical MK), and I really have to remind you the fact that at least Pit's disjointed hitboxes are not OP'd compared to Snake's, which are highly spammable with great damage and killing power anyways. Why is this argument existing again?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Speaking of Pokemon, notice that many Pokemon are either Ghost or Dragon types, with the exception of the new Fairy type up and about?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I aim to please. :awesome:

Fairy tale-style settings. It makes sense.

Oh, you silly! D:
I wanna see some cool bugs though. There's always at least 1 bug that I like from each Gen, from Scyther to Yanma to Dustox to Yanmega to Volcarona. What's next?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Oh, you silly! D:
I wanna see some cool bugs though. There's always at least 1 bug that I like from each Gen, from Scyther to Yanma to Dustox to Yanmega to Volcarona. What's next?
Well, Vivillon is apparently number 666. Which makes sense, since Beelzebub is yet another name sometimes associated with the devil. There's a lot of related names. Satan, Belial, Mammon, Lilith, Devil(obviously), Lucifer, Leviathan. I think that there might've been one more? I possibly missed some. Notably, Digimon runs with them all, having the Seven Great Lords. I think I missed Belphemon, but I can't remember his actual regular name. That's be there instead of Devil. Possibly more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom