• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Why not Mega Mega evolutions? :troll:

But seriously, maybe Mega Porygon-Z. According to the Porygon2 & Porygon-Z Pokédex entries, they both say that they are not working as planned or has some kind of bug in them, and a Mega evolution could finally make it bug free. That's would be totally bad***.

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
BTW, I do want some lesser Pokemon getting Mega Evolutions. Like Unoun.

Same here, seeing that Pokemon X and Y draws a bit from Norse mythology I was hoping that Pokemon like Solrock and Lunatone received Megas. But it seems that the more popular Pokemon so to speak are the ones getting it, my guess is that we'll see more down the road either as events, special releases, or in new games.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why not Mega Mega evolutions? :troll:

But seriously, maybe Mega Porygon-Z. According to the Porygon2 & Porygon-Z Pokédex entries, they both say that they are not working as planned or has some kind of bug in them, and a Mega evolution could finally make it bug free. That's would be totally bad***.
If there is going to be a mega Porygon Z, there should be a Mega Porygon Y as well

It would be only fair

in all seriousness, Mega Porgyon-Z is one of my most wanted Megas but it probably won't happen because of the copyright chart that all the megas have fallen on so far

Porgyon-Z has received no copyrights from gamefreak

All the Megas so far HAVE been on the copyright list

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Same here, seeing that Pokemon X and Y draws a bit from Norse mythology I was hoping that Pokemon like Solrock and Lunatone received Megas. But it seems that the more popular Pokemon so to speak are the ones getting it, my guess is that we'll see more down the road either as events, special releases, or in new games.
Mega Pikachu has a Thunder Hammer. :awesome:

Joking aside, I would've liked that too. There's so much awesome stuff they can do now. Like a Dark Gym. :|

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
If there is going to be a mega Porygon Z, there should be a Mega Porygon Y as well

It would be only fair

in all seriousness, Mega Porgyon-Z is one of my most wanted Megas but it probably won't happen because of the copyright chart that all the megas have fallen on so far

Porgyon-Z has received no copyrights from gamefreak

All the Megas so far HAVE been on the copyright list
Pokemon Z with Mega Porygon Z as a legendary confirmed

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Eh, I got Z and X mixed up

Whatever

They make the same sound in some words

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I was kind of skeptical whether we would get any Pokémon character this week because of it being so expected, but it looks like it's shaping up to happen. C'mon Sakurai, show us Mewtwo. I'd like to troll some people over at Gamefaqs.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
*Sakurai surfs through the Internet*

"Gee, so many people are expecting me to have something relating to Pokémon X & Y related on my Miiverse update this week.

It would be a shame...

if nothing special was revealed..." :smirk:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I was kind of skeptical whether we would get any Pokémon character this week because of it being so expected, but it looks like it's shaping up to happen. C'mon Sakurai, show us Mewtwo. I'd like to troll some people over at Gamefaqs.
He needs to reveal Mewtwo already so that I can change the Ridley thread to "The Most Wanted Character for SSB4," instead of sneaking my way around Mega Man and Mewtwo by saying "Nintendo" and "Newcomer" since the other two are third-party and veteran characters.

BKupa is free to wage a thread war afterward over the title.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
He needs to reveal Mewtwo already so that I can change the Ridley thread to "The Most Wanted Character for SSB4," instead of sneaking my way around Mega Man and Mewtwo by saying "Nintendo" and "Newcomer" since the other two are third-party and veteran characters.

Isn't K Rool still the most popular because people in Japan and Europe like him as well as opposed to Ridley being mostly America?

Hoots

Can Be Combative

And a glorious war it will be. It's clear who the victor will be. Avast.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Actually, I think K Rool did loose some support after DKCR 2 was revealed, not with Kremlins and K. Rool but WITH Dixie

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Actually, I think K Rool did loose some support after DKCR 2 was revealed, not with Kremlins and K. Rool but WITH Dixie
All it takes is for K. Rool is to be stowed away in the Tropical Freeze somewhere, and the issue is moot. At this point it shouldn't have to be an either/or situation with Dixie Kong and King K.

So..... Is K Rool still as likely as people think? I am confused :confused:

AH RIGHT AH RIGHT. PEOPLE ARE GONNA GO AT ME FOR SAYING THIS??!?!? WELL IF ANYONE DOES THAT THEN TAKE MY WORDS "**** YOU THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEANT"

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I would like Dixie and King K. Rool both to be in SSB4.

I have a gut feeling Dixie will most likely make it in the roster whether through Diddy pairing or a solo. (Although unpopular I think she will be paired with Diddy)

King K. Rool. I still have hope for, due to him having more variety for a possible moveset than Dixie, but at this point all I can do is wait.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
So..... Is K Rool still as likely as people think? I am confused :confused:
Nobody knows. It depends upon if Sakurai still wants Dixie in. And if he does, does he want to have her as a partner to Diddy. And if that doesn't work, K. Rool may be second priority. On the other hand, he could put in both, and if Diddy & Dixie team doesn't work, they could be separate playable characters.

There's a lot to think about. It also depends if Sakurai wants K. Rool in the game in the first place.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I have a feeling we'll see both, if for no other reason because many other characters don't have the history they do. Same reason why I think we'll see at least another Mario character.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Okay, I got a question to try and get to know you all/your Nintendo knowledge.

Let us magically pretend that Nintendo decided to host an insane extravaganza Nintendo event that would have tournaments for every reasonably possible to compete in Nintendo game.

Which games would you compete in, and which games do you think would make the cut?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Let us magically pretend that Nintendo decided to host an insane extravaganza Nintendo event that would have tournaments for every reasonably possible to compete in Nintendo game.

Which games would you compete in, and which games do you think would make the cut?
Multiplayer games only? Cause speedruns do exist for some games.(where glitches are banned, obviously)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Like the wizard?

Super Mario Bros 3!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah but DKC without Kremlings feels like Mario without Goombas and Koopas. :(
Super Mario Land(I may be wrong on this one), Super Mario Bros. 2 USA? They were pretty good... albeit, they came out really damn early. I do agree to an extent. As long as the gameplay is good.

I know a lot of people feel the same way about the SSE, but the difference is that Donkey Kong can have multiple timelines/areas with entirely different species. But Smash Bros. without regular Nintendo enemies feels... weird. Well, with mostly enemies not from any series and made up on the spot.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Super Mario Bros. 2 USA?
It was all dream, I used read Word Up Magazine...Anyway, I do agree with Smash being were with all those generics. I felt I was being immersed more with Nintendo world in Melee's simple adventure mode compared to the story driven Brawl SSE.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Yeah but DKC without Kremlings feels like Mario without Goombas and Koopas. :(
The new viking enemies look much better than the Tiki Tribe.
Super Mario Bros. 2 USA?
Speaking of that game, 3D World seems to be taking a lot of cues from that game. Just saw a preview of the game and the doors they showed looked identical to the doors in SMB2. Waiting for Pidgit.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Super Mario Land(I may be wrong on this one), Super Mario Bros. 2 USA? They were pretty good... albeit, they came out really damn early. I do agree to an extent. As long as the gameplay is good.
I know, they can still be good games (DKCR was still obviously a good game) it just feels weird to not have the iconic enemies of the franchise in one of the main games. And it's not like DKCR was originally a different game like SMB2, they made the conscious decision to exclude the Kremlings. I mean, I won't begrudge TF because of it, the Vikings at least looks a little better than the Tikis, and I'm sure it'll still be good, but it just feels kinda off, you know?

And iirc Goombas and Koopas were in SML, but Koopas worked differently (they exploded).
The new viking enemies look much better than the Tiki Tribe.
I'm not disagreeing with that, but I'd still prefer the Kremlings to them, they were a series staple.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Preferring multiplayer yes.
Okay.

Super Smash Bros.(all 3, easily playable on the Wii with GameCube Remotes)
Diddy Kong Racing
Super Mario Kart/64/Double Dash/Wii
Capcom VS Tutsunoko
Sonic Adventure 2: Battle(Multiplayer segments, possibly Chao Karate/Racing too)
Sonic Heroes(Multiplayer)

All I can think of that are actually easily playable games.

I know, they can still be good games (DKCR was still obviously a good game) it just feels weird to not have the iconic enemies of the franchise in one of the main games. And it's not like DKCR was originally a different game like SMB2, they made the conscious decision to exclude the Kremlings. I mean, I won't begrudge TF because of it, the Vikings at least looks a little better than the Tikis, and I'm sure it'll still be good, but it just feels kinda off, you know?

And iirc Goombas and Koopas were in SML, but Koopas worked differently (they exploded).
SMB2USA was always meant to be a Mario game, actually.

A lot of the enemies are now associated with Yoshi instead.

I get what you mean, though.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It was all dream, I used read Word Up Magazine...Anyway, I do agree with Smash being were with all those generics. I felt I was being immersed more with Nintendo world in Melee's simple adventure mode compared to the story driven Brawl SSE.
It took place in the land of dreams

The people of that world were called Subcons, which is derived from Subconscious

It's not exactly the same thing as having a dream

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom