• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I took a nap today and had a dream ROB was confirmed on the site

I have no idea why

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I also had another dream but I don't think it's as related, or appropriate to talk about

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I voted that I don't really care. It wouldn't really impact the experience of the game for me at all, not that I wish for him to go. It's just not precious to me.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Fun question time: if Sakurai only shows off a couple more newcomers (think next E3) and drips all of the veterans by the time the game is released, saving most of the newcomers for when the game is released, would you be upset? Personally? I wouldn't be. As long as Nintendo takes a page from Pokémon X/Y and does a worldwide release for the game, cutting down on the amount of time other people have to leak everything, I can salvage some of the surprise. I don't have the fortitude to stay away from gaming sites for a 3-4 month period.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Same here pretty much. Not even counting 100% on there being a Pokemon veteran or something revealed just prior to X and Y's release, much as it would make sense.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Fun question time: if Sakurai only shows off a couple more newcomers (think next E3) and drips all of the veterans by the time the game is released, saving most of the newcomers for when the game is released, would you be upset? Personally? I wouldn't be. As long as Nintendo takes a page from Pokémon X/Y and does a worldwide release for the game, cutting down on the amount of time other people have to leak everything, I can salvage some of the surprise. I don't have the fortitude to stay away from gaming sites for a 3-4 month period.
As long as I get to see at least one of the characters I really want at that point, as well as a reveal for Mewtwo sometime earlier, I'll be fine.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I wouldn't be upset either, Unlocking newcomers would be sweet. just as long as I don't unlock some awakening character.

bobadz

Smash Ace
So this will be a game that will change Pikachu. Many think that it will be the reveal of Mega Pikachu.

The following info comes from a feature focusing on Tsunekazu Ishihara, the president of the Pokemon Company.
- he will appear on Japanese TV on October 28th
- mentions an unprecedented game whose development started this Summer
- the game is said to change Pikachu
- Ishihara is worried about how the change will affect Pikachu's popularity

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=214040

Thoughts?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
So this will be a game that will change Pikachu. Many think that it will be the reveal of Mega Pikachu.

The following info comes from a feature focusing on Tsunekazu Ishihara, the president of the Pokemon Company.

Thoughts?
Pikachu speaks like a human.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Thoughts?
Nobody loves Raichu

Morbi

Scavenger
They want a console seller. Trust me... this WILL be a world-wide release (especially because they will need to support their BS story that cut-scene leaking was a detriment to the enjoyably of Brawl). I am so confident, that if it isn't, I will never like a post again. NEVER.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Thoughts?
Well, seeing as how popular Pikachu currently is, I wouldn't be surprised if it got a Mega form, though I'm not certain how it's popularity would be affected. Thing is, Mega forms have so far only applied to a Pokemon's final evolution, or Pokemon that don't evolve at all. But Pikahcu MAY be an exception given it's popularity and being the Pokemon mascot and such, though it would seem redundant with Pikachu being able to evolve into Raichu, and whether Raichu would get a Mega form or not should Pikachu get a Mega form, it doesn't make much sense to me either way.

Shroob

Sup?
Why are we discussing Pikachu getting a mega form if the game in question isn't X or Y? Seems like they're talking about a new game entirely, which it would be weird if Pikachu only mega evolved in that one specific game.

bobadz

Smash Ace
Well, seeing as how popular Pikachu currently is, I wouldn't be surprised if it got a Mega form, though I'm not certain how it's popularity would be affected. Thing is, Mega forms have so far only applied to a Pokemon's final evolution, or Pokemon that don't evolve at all. But Pikahcu MAY be an exception given it's popularity and being the Pokemon mascot and such, though it would seem redundant with Pikachu being able to evolve into Raichu, and whether Raichu would get a Mega form or not should Pikachu get a Mega form, it doesn't make much sense to me either way.
Thing is its going to be a new game, announced 4 weeks after x and y are released.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why are we discussing Pikachu getting a mega form if the game in question isn't X or Y? Seems like they're talking about a new game entirely, which it would be weird if Pikachu only mega evolved in that one specific game.
It could be an event mega and isn't released until AFTER that game is released

Morbi

Scavenger
How do you evolve a Jigglypuff? The same way you evolve a Pikachu. With the use of a stone, so perhaps, the mega evolution applies to the final evolution of a Pokemon that isn't evolved by a stone. This might entail that Eevee would get a Mega Evolution if you don't evolve it (that way they don't need to make one for each Eeveelution or they don't have to give just Sylveon a Mega Evolution). I know it is a stretch. It is just a theory I have.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
They want a console seller. Trust me... this WILL be a world-wide release (especially because they will need to support their BS story that cut-scene leaking was a detriment to the enjoyably of Brawl). I am so confident, that if it isn't, I will never like a post again. NEVER.
People keep saying this. I don't think what the community interpreted is what Sakurai meant when he was talking about those cutscenes. I understand where he's coming from.

Morbi

Scavenger
People keep saying this. I don't think what the community interpreted is what Sakurai meant when he was talking about those cutscenes. I understand where he's coming from.
Please elaborate on your interpretation of the quote. I am not really sure what you are implying. Just give me your perspective on the situation.

Morbi

Scavenger
I am honestly looking forward to the change. Pikachu is a really bland and uninteresting Pokemon. I was so excited when he could learn Surf... just because it is something different.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why don't they just make all Pikachu be able to surf?

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805

"If it's just a missile, a sword can slice it right up. Of course, you could just use your bare hands."

Shroob

Sup?
So, how long until the site itself updates? Since we're so close to the end of the week, I'm a bit paranoid if the banner was to go down all of a sudden.:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom