• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They pulled him from his sleep into the dream world to save them from Wart

It's not like it's the ONLY time Mario goes into the dream world

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I don't quite understand why K. Rool gets shafted so much.
Sakurai hates fat crocodiles.
Super Mario Land(I may be wrong on this one), Super Mario Bros. 2 USA? They were pretty good... albeit, they came out really damn early. I do agree to an extent. As long as the gameplay is good.

I know a lot of people feel the same way about the SSE, but the difference is that Donkey Kong can have multiple timelines/areas with entirely different species. But Smash Bros. without regular Nintendo enemies feels... weird. Well, with mostly enemies not from any series and made up on the spot.
You could argue that SMB2 USA was the way it was without the goombas and koopas because Mario was still a fledgling series. In fact, I'm pretty certain that they had said the series' gameplay had not been standardized at the time.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
SMB Lost Levels was considered too hard for Americans that they instead opted for SMB2 USA (DokiDoki Panic).

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
SMB Lost Levels was considered too hard for Americans that they instead opted for SMB2 USA (DokiDoki Panic).
I'm glad they did because lost levels is just SMB 1.5 rather than a sequel

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You could argue that SMB2 USA was the way it was without the goombas and koopas because Mario was still a fledgling series. In fact, I'm pretty certain that they had said the series' gameplay had not been standardized at the time.
It was that way since the Super Mario Bros. 2 Lost Levels was too hard. So they made it easier.

First USA was planned, but then Doki Doki Panic got made, being the same game, to note, and then he re-fitted the game for the American audiences, creating Super Mario Bros. 2 USA, and having an easier game.

Miyamoto specifically did not want to release Lost Levels due to the difficulty, and made USA overall for us. So it probably was a coincidence that the series hasn't been standardized, not a factor.

Somewhat ninja'd.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
SMB 2 was also using the same exact graphics as the original so it didn't seem like it'd be marketable anyway.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
SMB 2 was also using the same exact graphics as the original so it didn't seem like it'd be marketable anyway.

I think SMB2 Lost Levels would have done well. At least, until people find out how hard the game is- but I think gamers back then loved a good challenge. Lots of games this generation are far easier than they were back then.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I think SMB2 Lost Levels would have done well. At least, until people find out how hard the game is- but I think gamers back then loved a good challenge. Lots of games this generation are far easier than they were back then.
Some games were also hard for the wrong reasons. The original Metroid would be more manageable had the game included an ingame map like the later games did.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I loved playing Meteor Herd in multiplayer mode lol

I wasn't a fan of the treasure hunting in the Adventure series, but that stage in multiplayer was legitimately fun
Treasure Hunting was my favorite part. I liked the Shooting Levels a bit, but I liked the Hedgehog stuff too. To be fair, Rouge is my favorite Sonic character after Metal Sonic.

Meteor Herd is not very fun in single player, though. Goddamn meteors... it makes getting 100 Rings a pain in the bass.

The Wikipedia article on it mentions that it happens to not be standarized, but it doesn't seem like a reason. The game's concept was originally a 2-person side scroller, but that got scrapped. Then it became Doki Doki Panic, and eventually USA. It notably was scrapped because the 2-player mechanic couldn't work. In addition, it was going to be a mix of Mario Bros. and Super Mario Bros.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Anyone remember that article a while back about Peach not being in the new Mario game because fans would get confused

It was a joke of course

But recently I HAVE been hearing fan complaints about people being confused

They think Mario and the gang are just killing koopas and goombas for fun since Peach wasn't kidnapped

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Anyone remember that article a while back about Peach not being in the new Mario game because fans would get confused

It was a joke of course

But recently I HAVE been hearing fan complaints about people being confused

They think Mario and the gang are just killing koopas and goombas for fun since Peach wasn't kidnapped
Wait, you mean 3D World isn't just a game where Mario and his friends go out to massacre Mushroom Kingdom?
Well, they've just lost one customer. :rolleyes:

People are dumb.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
@Hyper- yeah, Metal Sonic is one of my favorite characters too, but that goes without saying

I hated single player Meteor Herd >_< I hated most of the space stages though because of the Chaos clones

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
So...
Back to today's pic. As I mentioend, it looks like Samus' green was blue in today's pic. You think that means anything?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@Hyper- yeah, Metal Sonic is one of my favorite characters too, but that goes without saying

I hated single player Meteor Herd >_< I hated most of the space stages though because of the Chaos clones
Thankfully Mad Space lacked them. It was just too big.

Metal Sonic is awesome, indeed.

So...
Back to today's pic. As I mentioend, it looks like Samus' green was blue in today's pic. You think that means anything?
Maybe she cycles through the colors once in a while? Or person it turns that way when she uses a Missile.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Mad Space actually got easy for me after a while
It's not even that bad of a stage either. I think it might have an Artificial Chaos or two... it's big, but damn, it's fun. Just collect enough Rings, and you'll A it every time.

Knuckles' part in Cannon's Core though (without the Air Necklace)... :scared:
...Blows? :awesome:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Speaking of Sonic games I beat Sonic Colours just a few days ago, I'm surprised at how short the game is.
But getting Red Rings is starting to be a pain in the ass (especially in Sweet Mountain Act 2). >_>

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Speaking of Sonic games I beat Sonic Colours just a few days ago, I'm surprised at how short the game is.
But getting Red Rings is starting to be a pain in the *** (especially in Sweet Mountain Act 2). >_>
Colors was really fun the first time around but I played it again like a month ago and the game's value seemed to drop a lot.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I'm loving it so far, gonna try and get the rest of dem Red Rings of death ! :awesome:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
It's not even that bad of a stage either. I think it might have an Artificial Chaos or two... it's big, but damn, it's fun. Just collect enough Rings, and you'll A it every time.
yeah once you get that past whole "the hints are backwards" phase, it's a pretty nice stage lol

I found myself willingly play it to get that A score multiple times, at one point it could take me less than 2 minutes to find all the shards

...Blows? :awesome:
:laugh: I was not expecting that at all

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I loved playing Meteor Herd in multiplayer mode lol

I wasn't a fan of the treasure hunting in the Adventure series, but that stage in multiplayer was legitimately fun
I liked the treasure hunting stages. Probably my favorite sections in the game. Meteor Herd is probably my favorite stage in the game. Back in the day my least favorite stages were the Sonic stages bar City Escape. Although I've never really been a big fan of 3D Sonic levels, hence why I don't like Sonic Colors.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
yeah once you get that past whole "the hints are backwards" phase, it's a pretty nice stage lol

I found myself willingly play it to get that A score multiple times, at one point it could take me less than 2 minutes to find all the shards
Yeah. Adventure 2 is fun, but the stages are kind of iffy sometimes. The controls are sooooo much better than Adventure 1, Camera excluded. Although I believe only Adventure DX has the awesome camera, where Adventure 1's kind of is eh.

:laugh: I was not expecting that at all
I do what I can-can.

I would love if Samus could use her Ice Beam.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Sonic Colors had more 2D sections than 3D sections iirc
Yeah, never been able to get into the game. People have praised it as the premier Sonic experience, but I've never felt the same. Don't care for the wisp gimmick, don't care for the music, not a big fan of how the stages appear so linear, and I'm not a fan of the new Sonic voice. At least the environments are vivid and the mechanics are much more solid than that Sonic '06 abomination.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I'm getting a call from Cambodia...8558179623

What the hell...

Anyway, yeah, I'm just not a huge fan of the boost mechanic at all.

TO BE COMPLETELY HONEST, I felt like Colors was Sonic's version of Crash Bandicoot the more I think about it.

Yeah, never been able to get into the game. People have praised it as the premier Sonic experience, but I've never felt the same. Don't care for the wisp gimmick, don't care for the music, not a big fan of how the stages appear so linear, and I'm not a fan of the new Sonic voice. At least the environments are vivid and the mechanics are much more solid than that Sonic '06 abomination.
I used to have to it up there as one of the better Sonic games but I'm kind of over the whole 3D models but you are giving me a 2D-like game. If nothing else, Sonic '06 at least had the open feel from the Adventure games that the newer games lack. With that being said, it looks like Lost World addresses that problem but still has those 2D sections. I guess it is something I'm going have to deal with same goes for the VA. Long as the VA does get as bad as ToS2 then I won't let it bother me too much. There are times where VA can ruin a game though.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I used to have to it up there as one of the better Sonic games but I'm kind of over the whole 3D models but you are giving me a 2D-like game. If nothing else, Sonic '06 at least had the open feel from the Adventure games that the newer games lack. With that being said, it looks like Lost World addresses that problem but still has those 2D sections. I guess it is something I'm going have to deal with same goes for the VA. Long as the VA does get as bad as ToS2 then I won't let it bother me too much. There are times where VA can ruin a game though.
What bothers me most about Lost World is it retains the one thing I disliked most about Colors: the power up gimmicks. When other games are out there right now like Pikmin 3 and Wind Waker HD; or on the horizon like Super Mario 3D World and Tropical Freeze, I just can't justify a purchase right now.

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
I'm getting a call from Cambodia...8558179623

What the hell...

Anyway, yeah, I'm just not a huge fan of the boost mechanic at all.

TO BE COMPLETELY HONEST, I felt like Colors was Sonic's version of Crash Bandicoot the more I think about it.

Dammit wrong number. And apparently not my dealer.

I do appreciate what Sonic Colors did but I just couldn't get into it as much as I would've liked, it didn't feel like the Sonic experience I was expecting.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
What bothers me most about Lost World is it retains the one thing I disliked most about Colors: the power up gimmicks. When other games are out there right now like Pikmin 3 and Wind Waker HD; or on the horizon like Super Mario 3D World and Tropical Freeze, I just can't justify a purchase right now.
They are trying to go for continuity or whatever to justify reusing the gimmick. I honestly hope they will drop it soon. The elemental shields should make a comeback. I felt they did a better job of enhancing the platforming experience.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
So, I almost NEVER go to GameFaqs, but in a true fit of boredom I decided to take a visit there, and got an interesting question for you all.

Which character do you think was the biggest waste of a roster spot in smash history?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom