• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

You're lucky Golden isn't here.
Why? While Dr. Mario was my main and I would be ecstatic at his return as unlikely as that is, I know full well the concept of a 2nd Mario is rather a waste. I just don't give a **** about that. :troll:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Why? While Dr. Mario was my main and I would be ecstatic at his return as unlikely as that is, I know full well the concept of a 2nd Mario is rather a waste. I just don't give a **** about that. :troll:
Out of curiosity, but your opinion on Dr. Mario being in Project M as an alternate costume for Mario?

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I'd be more sad if Phendrana Drifts wasn't made into a stage.

Also, today is my 23rd birthday.
Happy b-day man!

And yes, six years ago I would have agreed with you on Phendrana Drifts. The reason I'm pulling for Skytown Elysia is primarily because Prime 3 came after Brawl, Elysia played a significant role in the lore of that game, and the stage itself is so beautiful and made to be a stage with the floating platforms. My mouth salivates at the thought of this stage. The music is, surprisingly, perfect for battles. I'm more anxious about this one stage than any of the characters for this game. :(

D

Deleted member

Out of curiosity, but your opinion on Dr. Mario being in Project M as an alternate costume for Mario?
Indifferent.
Already knew they wouldn't make him separate since they made Mario a hybrid of the two, so I don't really care about it.
Though in retrospect, it's a nice touch.

Still would rather have an upgraded Doc, but I lost interest in that when I saw what they did to Falco.

EDIT: Wait, I actually saw the vid John sent me (when he did, I couldn't see it), and was Mario....switching between himself and Dr. Mario?
And Dr. Mario actually has some move differences?

Interesting....

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
EDIT: Wait, I actually saw the vid John sent me (when he did, I couldn't see it), and was Mario....switching between himself and Dr. Mario?
And Dr. Mario actually has some move differences?

Interesting....
Don't think so. I think the pills are just aesthetic differences.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Man Zelda/Shiek would be pretty cool if they could switch as fast as Doc/Mario did in the trailer.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Happy birthday, Kuma.

What about Toon Link, then? Guess the concept of a 2nd Link is a waste. :troll:
Okay, I was just joking.

D

Deleted member

Don't think so. I think the pills are just aesthetic differences.
There's more;
Doc has the thunder palm instead of Mario's fire palm.

It makes me wonder if these alt costumes are more along the lines of alternate characters. Ones that have differing properties while sharing the same attacks.

EDIT:
What about Toon Link, then? Guess the concept of a 2nd Link is a waste. :troll:
Okay, I was just joking.
I'm the wrong person to ask.
I view Toon Link as I do Dr. Mario; a novelty, but a waste. Only difference is I don't care about Toon Link as I do Doc.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I remember getting a buttload of Alerts before. From the same person. :urg:
I wonder who??

Man Zelda/Shiek would be pretty cool if they could switch as fast as Doc/Mario did in the trailer.
Something about it not being programmed into the character like it was Melee, was the reason why they didn't instantly transform. The game had to load the transformation while Melee didn't

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I wonder who??
Someone morbidly altruistic. :troll:

Something about it not being programmed into the character like it was Melee, was the reason why they didn't instantly transform. The game had to load the transformation while Melee didn't
It didn't help that Brawl's loading times were much slower than Melee's. In fact, Castle Siege's transitions as well as Samus and Pokémon Trainer's transformation/Pokémon changing had the same issue.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
So im guessing since Brawl and Melee's engines are different, it would require them to reprogram the character to allow fast switching. It sounds like its more trouble than its worth, which explains why it hasn't been done.

I feel like i have to wait 25 secs everytime i post...

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149
It didn't help that Brawl's loading times were much slower than Melee's. In fact, Castle Siege's transitions as well as Samus and Pokémon Trainer's transformation/Pokémon changing had the same issue.

I really hope that we get some really quick loading times this time around. I'd love to play as Pokemon Trainer and quickly change my Pokemon. I think it'd give a nicer feel to it. Also, it'd probably make their playstyles more interesting if Zelda and Shiek could switch quicker.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Even if it's something not that long, I have to re-type what I try posting the first time since my posts never go through first attempt half the time anymore. Quoting someone sometimes makes the process even longer.

The DDoS though has taught me not to complain about things like that as much anymore.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
There's more;
Doc has the thunder palm instead of Mario's fire palm.

It makes me wonder if these alt costumes are more along the lines of alternate characters. Ones that have differing properties while sharing the same attacks..
Well, judging by Doc in Project M, his moves get a cosmetic change at least. Doubt actual gameplay is changed.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Even if it's something not that long, I have to re-type what I try posting the first time since my posts never go through first attempt half the time anymore. Quoting someone sometimes makes the process even longer.

The DDoS though has taught me not to complain about things like that as much anymore.
I'm still unable to wrap my head around why anyone would even want to attack this site, of all places. Script kiddies.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Trolls. That could be a viable explanation.
Considering two other Super Smash Bros websites went down, it was probably something personal for somebody. But trolls are always a safe bet. Going through my security classes it's rather frightening how easy it is to shut things down.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Happy Kuma birthday!

Hope it's a blast!

bobadz

Smash Ace
Considering two other Super Smash Bros websites went down, it was probably something personal for somebody. But trolls are always a safe bet. Going through my security classes it's rather frightening how easy it is to shut things down.
I'm going to bet it was someone pissed Melee was so popular at evo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom