• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I had a dream I was playing Pokemon X. My Bulbasaur... Then I woke up.

It's right around the corner. This is going to be a long week D:

But I have Wind Waker HD to tide me over.

Just out of curiosity, anyone getting the downloadable version or are you going traditional physical? Gamestop is hosting midnight launches for the games too. My 3DS will be downloading the game midnight this coming Friday leading to Saturday <3

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
So it will have a digital version? When I tried to get Animal Crossing, my friends had to drag me to like five or six different stores because it either had not come in yet, or they were essentially out of stock due to pre-orders.

I'll check the Walmart nearby first, but I figure I'll probably be forced to go digital since I don't want to wait, lol.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I've had my copy pre-ordered for a while. I don't think I'll be buying games digitally for a while. There is something satisfying about a physical copy.

Shroob

Sup?
I really hope Sakurai doesn't change the norm and not release a rep this week. I've been so hyped up for this.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I just got 3rd in a Mario Kart Wii Tournament.

My prize was a box of oreos!

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Mega Man's blaster is a black hole? o.O

Like why is he sucking Mario in?

Oh lordy that sounded very suggestive. >_>

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I hate to bear what I hope is just beta-testing but I can see MegaMan breaking out of the hitstun in that gif.
Hoping for the best though

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I want to see more gameplay again. D: Each character should get their own action footage. We had a few in the first trailer and now Sonic. So far, I recall Peach and Olimar (although I don't like him) having no screen time at all. Maybe there will be more on the next Nintendo Direct, whenever that is.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I don't recall Toon Link getting any footage either.

And I really want to see him in action again, by footage, that is.

Also, Mewtwo MUST get a trailer if it is revealed.

Morbi

Scavenger
I don't recall Toon Link getting any footage either.

And I really want to see him in action again, by footage, that is.

Also, Mewtwo MUST get a trailer if it is revealed.
I agree, now that Sonic got a trailer (which got rid of the newcomers only argument), there is literally NO way that Sora Ltd. could show him off without a trailer. HE IS A RETURNING VETERAN. That is so hype. I am getting excited just thinking about it.

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149
Quickly on the subject of Digital vs Physical, I'd prefer to go physical on both games because I like having physical copies. However, I'd probably take Pokemon (and Animal Crossing if I get it) digital version because I really want quick access to those games and I know those would probably be games that I'd want on me at all times, game case or not.

Also, we'll just have to see what happens with Pokemon. I'm kind of hoping for Mewtwo so we can get an awesome CGI trailer. Sonic's trailer was amazing even though it wasn't a CGI trailer and just gameplay. Seeing those combos and just seeing Sonic in action is too good. I know this comparison has been made many times, but if it could just be a little like MvC3 and show just some gameplay footage for vets, and CGI trailer stuff for newcomers. On that point, if we don't get a newcomer now, what time do y'all think we should get one by?

Morbi

Scavenger
Quickly on the subject of Digital vs Physical, I'd prefer to go physical on both games because I like having physical copies. However, I'd probably take Pokemon (and Animal Crossing if I get it) digital version because I really want quick access to those games and I know those would probably be games that I'd want on me at all times, game case or not.

Also, we'll just have to see what happens with Pokemon. I'm kind of hoping for Mewtwo so we can get an awesome CGI trailer. Sonic's trailer was amazing even though it wasn't a CGI trailer and just gameplay. Seeing those combos and just seeing Sonic in action is too good. I know this comparison has been made many times, but if it could just be a little like MvC3 and show just some gameplay footage for vets, and CGI trailer stuff for newcomers. On that point, if we don't get a newcomer now, what time do y'all think we should get one by?
We can get a newcomer after Jigglypuff. I would honestly guess that our newcomer is Toad with the Super Mario 3D Bros Wii U or whatever it is called.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805

"Pic of the day.
"Pic of the day. Sonic's standard attack is also known as PPK. He finishes his move off with a side kick."
Wow, pic of the day came surprisingly early.
Apparently this was up an hour ago. What are you up to Sakurai-san...?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I don't care WHY it's so early, I'm just very glad it is, it's a good thing. Now I can get to sleep early. (earlier than usual at least)

I'll just wait and see if it's early again tomorrow, only THEN an IF will I start speculation on it.

Morbi

Scavenger
What do people mean by early? Where do you guys live? It is almost 2 AM over here. I mean, I suppose that is early. I am not interested in the Sonic pictures though. I was hoping for a week of Pokemon pictures. Haha.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
When the picture goes up an hour and a half early... baseless speculation and unfounded theories can't be too far behind. :rolleyes:

What about the banner?
I wouldn't really read into the banner too much either way, it didn't disappear between TL and Sonic, so if it stays until Friday it won't be that much of a surprise.

MorbidAltruism said:
I am not interested in the Sonic pictures though. I was hoping for a week of Pokemon pictures. Haha.
Next week. Next week we'll all drown in Pokemon. :p

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
So this is the 4th pic of the day with Bowser on it, and the 1st time he's been hurt in them (2nd time if you're counting the "footstool" pic from before). *sadface* Poor Bowser. D:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Barring the outer****ing genius that is Ridley posing all ''paint me like one of your french girls." in the bunny hat.

A second picture can't becoming today. Sakurai didn't use his face of ''Nothing to see here." Olimar in the update picture.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So today's update was earlier than usual?

If we got new information when the update had a delay (Sonic's reveal), then getting it early means we'll see something get deconfirmed. :troll:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I mean has 4chan ever been right on video game leaks? If yes, how long ago was their biggest leak?
No, but they've been right most of the time about Yu-Gi-Oh Lists(Banned/etc. cards).

Video Game, not so much. Although they did show a lot of real screens this time around.

As for the picture, Bowser bit off more than he can chew. :awesome:

Priap0s

Smash Journeyman
I hate to bear what I hope is just beta-testing but I can see MegaMan breaking out of the hitstun in that gif.
Hoping for the best though

But you do realize that they are showing a very "slow" combo. Sonic could combo alot faster if he only: a) didn't wait to get possitioned above Megaman, and b) choose any other aerial move isntead of Dair.

The same goes for the one with Luigi in it. The Sonic players jumps throu Luigi to get in possition for a Bair (does it pretty slow/inefficient at that). Nair, Fair, Uair would all have hit alot faster if he would have attacked straight on or from below.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not saying this confirms anything, just another way to look at it. (I personally think it is a bit silly to discuss since we can't know if the characters being comboed are doing anything to prevent it. Or how big the difference would be if they did).
No one can deny that the combo on Megaman wouldn't be possible, if the Megaman player didn't let him do it. Just pointing out that it was a slow combo and weird choice (not for the trailer, looked good and cool, but in an ordinary match) of aerial option. I mean, if that combo really was real and had worked, wouldn't that be a damn harsh hitstun?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom