• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Their stats are redistributed and Mewtwo X gains fighting type

But it's not like they have different movepools

Anyone one of the Mewtwo's can do, they all can. Just some slightly better than the others
Well, it's not like they couldn't have different move pools in this game though.
And Doctor Mario is a doctor and DIY Wario is a game maker. What the character costume is isn't the problem. The actual problem is the hitbox. Mewtwo, X and Y have a body part difference. Unless Sakurai tweaks with the move's mechanics, one form couldn't do what the other can correctly.
Which is why making them just costumes is simply not possible.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
That wouldn't make any sense. The three Mewtwo forms all have their distinct differences. Mewtwo X is part fighting, Mewtwo Y is likely a class cannon of some sort, and then there's regular Mewtwo.
Just to clarify, Mega Mewtwo Y, along with most Mega Evos, just adds to Mewtwo's already amazing base stats. Has higher HP but at the cost of slightly lower physical defense.

That said I dislike both alts and transformations/Final Smashes being use to incorporate Mega Evos. Your taunt idea is my fav one yet.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Understood. Here I thought we had a new Omega at the mantel.

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
Again, costumes. They don't need to be different beyond that. Of course, that's assuming Mega X/Y would appear if Mewtwo does. I know they sound better as some kind of forme change, but it doesn't really work at all for a Final Smash since there's two of them now.

My only issue with costumes is that they would have to match the character model perfectly, otherwise one costume would offer an advantage over another with altered hitboxes. And if you tried to match each costume to Mewtwo's character model you would most likely get distorted looking characters as Mewtwo and both his Mega Evolutions all have distinct height and body shape differences.

As said before one possible idea could switch forms by taunting, you could also Mega Evolve into X or Y form depending on the amount of damage taken or by the nature of the last attack you used. For example if Mewtwo used a physical type attack last and activated its Final Smash it could Mega Evolve into its X form while using an aura/energy based attack followed by activation of the Final Smash could evolve it into its Y form.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
I've been here a short while, I pay attention nonetheless. How are you mr. MorbidAltruism? Are you fond of the new "like" feature?

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, well, you could say that. A hell of a lot less posts though. I'm still sure Omega had more posts in the old thread than I have since I've joined this site.

Btw, the BackRoom is still around, Zeus. So, if you want to drop by there.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Its alright mate, you're welcome to express yourself with words as well, I can guarantee you I won't bite hard. I'm Zeus, nice to meet you.
-
Jaleel, the new Omega. It actually has a nice ring to it.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Of all the pokemon that have been retyped

The one pokemon they decided to keep normal: Clefairy

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Its alright mate, you're welcome to express yourself with words as well, I can guarantee you I won't bite hard. I'm Zeus, nice to meet you.
-
Jaleel, the new Omega. It actually has a nice ring to it.
Are you here to stay, or are you going back to Mt. Olympus?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Togepi is also pure Fairy, which replaces Normal for all of its line.

I decided to make the Type retcon a spoiler. But which one is hidden. Also, that surprised me a bit.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It actually just be misinformation that Clefairy was not retyped

It seems even though people were spreading it around, none of the actual leakers have even seen a Clefairy yet

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
@Smooth Criminal

Reading your posts brings to mind this scene from the Venture Bros where No.21 says to Sergeant Hatred "We're so similar, how come we never got close?"

To which Hatred replies "I don't trust you and because you're a dork."

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
I'm still working on that, each submission goes through a rigorous analysis process; Nonetheless, I'm very fond of the open environment and candor of the community as a whole.

Any submission I would make would be under a different alias, however.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
So I take it that you've rubbed shoulders with a couple of the panelists from there already?

The OC Remix community is really cool. If I had an inkling of musical talent, know-how, or knowledge I'd probably lurk there a helluva lot more than I do now. All I have is a tin ear and a deep appreciation for their musicians.

Smooth Criminal

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Zeus, how's your animating coming along. Last thing you showed me was your Falco animations. Btw, I sent Luis your direction, did he ever contact you?

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I've played him a few times, actually. Both in Melee and in Brawl. He's whupped my ass in both, lol. Nice guy, too. He always made me laugh my ass off whenever I watched him play; he's so goddamn animated.

Smooth Criminal

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I know dem feels. I can only get him to 1 stock. His squirtle is too much for Fox. It progressively gets harder. That grass pokemon(lol)<Charizard<Squirtle.

HOWEVER, Sonic Adventure 2 is a different story. He can't see me in that. I'm scared of his button mashing skills. I used chaos control and I thought was going to break his controller with how fast he broke the timer...

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I've heard of his legendary Mario Party skills. Midsouth (Iori, PikaChad, and the like) told me all about them, in hushed and (almost) reverent tones.

Smooth Criminal

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
@Smooth
They're just about as legendary in this novice's eyes as they are in yours. I think any and everyone who has had even a remote interest in music was awestruck by a certain musician at some point.

In this situation and the one you're referring to Iblis, I think its the best option to swim the appropriate channels. I've since grown a deeper appreciation for coding and project development, which I feel has brought me to a higher degree of patience for those matters.

For now: School, Work, Pokemon.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Well, I would be scared of him Mario Party for sure. I watched them play it at the last tourney I went to. I believe he won lololol. Mario Party 4 I believe it was. Anyway, I can attest to the stupidity of his button mashing, I wish I could button mash like that.

@N - You might have to run that by me again. However, I'd like to see your progress. I remember the funky things you were doing to Falco's torso lol.

Wait, will you be getting X or Y?

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Still waiting on Z,or Zygote...whatever Mitosis or Math.

I'm about as unhyped for this generation of pokemon as you can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom