• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Stealth Rock doesn't effect Mega Evos in the slightest considering they are a transformation (thus regular Charizard is the one switching in/out) that only last for the battle. Unless you lead with Charizard (with Y being a weather changer it makes slightly more sense I guess), Stealth Rock is still its Kyrptonite.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
That awkward moment when you almost email an essay to your teacher with 'Sakurai' subconsciously typed in place of 'Socrates' by accident...

It's a toss-up whether we get a new Pokemon stage with Pokemon Trainer whoever is shown, given that some veteran reveals have yielded new stages while others have not. If I had to guess, the fact that there is no currently known Pokemon stage means the odds of a reveal are in its favor; we were shown a new Pikmin stage and a new Sonic stage alongside those characters when the existence of stages from those series was unknown, while we weren't shown new stages alongside Luigi, Peach or Toon Link when stages from the Mario and Zelda series have been known since E3.

Reznor

work in progress
we all know its going to be a pic of Sonic so I guess another Sonic vs Megaman vs Mario pic

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Need.... to know....

Is the banner still up?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Still want to know if the banner is still up.

Regardless, I'm loving how Fox looks. Those details are amazing!

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Finally something for Fox. I can't complain especially with amazing details like that.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Now I want to see the difference in detail in Falco's and Wolf's blasters, especially Wolf's if he returns. :wolf:

Yeah, this update was a cool closeup for everyone's favorite space animal.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Banner is still there...

Hmm...

Maybe no character on Friday?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I hope the banner doesn't mean there won't be a Pokemon rep reveal...

I'll cry myself to sleep if no Pokemon rep is revealed on X/Y's release.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I wouldn't pay too much attention to the patterns of that stupid banner.

For some reason part of me wouldn't be surprised if we actually didn't get a Sm4sh Pokemon reveal on the day of X and Y's release... Even if we don't though others will be too busy enjoying X and Y to be that disappointed in not seeing the seemingly inevitable Mewtwo unveil or something just yet.

Reznor

work in progress
guys I think the banner was there when Sonic was announced pretty sure it doesn't means anything

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Krystal deconfirmed then.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Guess his mouth will have to stay open then for those that spam with him. :troll: Poor guy.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Fox's new Blaster looks bigger than Brawl. I like how detailed the character models are in this game.

Off topic as hell and as much as possible, don't shift this into a *you know what* discussion. Anyway, Mario 3D World got a TON of opinion changes and very positive responses after the direct (From gaming news networks, Nintendo fans, VG blogs, and such). In fact, I became more hyped for it than how I was hyped for SSB 4 (But that's probably because of the slow pace of newcomer reveals).

So far what's confirmed is that (Just for the heck of it):

• Mario, Luigi, Peach and Toad are playable. No ****. Mario's all around feeling like his Galaxy self which means floaty physics. Luigi's the highest jumper plus he can reduce his falling speed but his speed is eh. Peach can float but she blows at running and jumping. Toad is balls at jumping but he runs faster overall, normal and charged sprint
  • Super Mario Galaxy music crew is back for the game
  • Several new power ups I'm too lazy to list
  • Roaming around the 3D World map. Holy ****
  • It's definitely not the Mushroom kingdom that's the main setting. It's the sprixie kingdom.
  • At some points, the game shifts from 3D to 2.5D
  • Bubbles are confirmed in the game. You can manually pop in and out of the bubble
  • Cat goombas, Cat bullet bills confirmed. Well, that's weird but funny
  • Graphics are amazing. The end. No **** again.
  • Bowser is literally shining. His model is so detailed. No homo, he was the most appealing character to look at. NO HOMO. NO BEASTIALITY
  • With the clone berry, you can have unlimited amount of clones but getting hit once will disintegrate all of them
  • A lot of returning items including the super leaf and the boomerang flower
  • Toad Brigade Captain confirmed as he appears in block levels or whatever you call 'em. Looks like his team abandoned him
    for being a Michael De Santa
    . Lol.
  • Boom boom and Pom pom are back from 3D Land
  • Charged jump is back from Super Mario Bros 2
  • All controllers (Wii U gamepad, Wiimote, Wiimote+Nunchuk, Pro controller and Classic controller are useable for the game)
  • Kamek is in the game. This game needs Kamek! Who's there to give Bowser a useless power up that will eventually be thwarted anyway by sheer player skill?
  • Peach has a ponytail in her fire flower form. ONLY in that form
  • Star bunnies seem to be shown in one stage only but--- HEY, Mario Galaxy or Mario 64 stuff right?
  • Several returning common enemies like Charging Chucks
Not confirmed yet
  • If Yoshi eggs will return. Aw come on. 4 yoshi rides? AWESOME
  • If Junior will be back since he wasn't seen in the grand artwork
  • If there will be orchestrated music. WAH.
  • If Waluigi is playable **** that

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
guys I think the banner was there when Sonic was announced pretty sure it doesn't means anything
Clearly Sakurai realized that the speculators were noticing the pattern where the banner disappears right before characters are confirmed so he's decided to leave the banner up just to make them think there were no patterns. :troll:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Banner is still there...

Hmm...

Maybe no character on Friday?
I think we'll get the reveal next week Monday. But who knows.
Fox looks pretty boss, his fur isn't DK level though... banished to mid tier!

Aduross

Smash Apprentice
Wow, there's little text displayed on his scouter. That's so neat. Gotta appreciate little details like that. I'm sure Mewtwo's off screen and it's accessing his level of power as being of a numerical quantity exceeding an already preposterously high amount. It'd be neat if the text changed depending on what he was doing, but it's so tiny I doubt it will. The blaster is looking nice as well. I like the glowy bits inside.

Gotta be honest though, the teeth are kinda freakin' me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom