• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I wonder if his blaster is shifting and his mouth is open in shock because it's misfiring after being spammed, like his unused Brawl animations indicate was originally supposed to happen? Probably not, because otherwise the caption would have referenced it...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I wonder if his blaster is shifting and his mouth is open in shock because it's misfiring after being spammed, like his unused Brawl animations indicate was originally supposed to happen? Probably not, because otherwise the caption would have referenced it...
Or Sakurai didn't think about his big mouth?

Also, he fires in spurts. :awesome:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Banner is still there...

Hmm...

Maybe no character on Friday?
If it helps, the banner wasn't taken down between Peach's and Sonic's reveal. There'll probably be a reveal this week regardless.

...And I could still use an Oasisona...;.;

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Off topic as hell and as much as possible, don't shift this into a *you know what* discussion. Anyway, Mario 3D World got a TON of opinion changes and very positive responses after the direct (From gaming news networks, Nintendo fans, VG blogs, and such). In fact, I became more hyped for it than how I was hyped for SSB 4 (But that's probably because of the slow pace of newcomer reveals).

So far what's confirmed is that (Just for the heck of it):

• Mario, Luigi, Peach and Toad are playable. No ****. Mario's all around feeling like his Galaxy self which means floaty physics. Luigi's the highest jumper plus he can reduce his falling speed but his speed is eh. Peach can float but she blows at running and jumping. Toad is balls at jumping but he runs faster overall, normal and charged sprint
  • Super Mario Galaxy music crew is back for the game
  • Several new power ups I'm too lazy to list
  • Roaming around the 3D World map. Holy ****
  • It's definitely not the Mushroom kingdom that's the main setting. It's the sprixie kingdom.
  • At some points, the game shifts from 3D to 2.5D
  • Bubbles are confirmed in the game. You can manually pop in and out of the bubble
  • Cat goombas, Cat bullet bills confirmed. Well, that's weird but funny
  • Graphics are amazing. The end. No **** again.
  • Bowser is literally shining. His model is so detailed. No homo, he was the most appealing character to look at. NO HOMO. NO BEASTIALITY
  • With the clone berry, you can have unlimited amount of clones but getting hit once will disintegrate all of them
  • A lot of returning items including the super leaf and the boomerang flower
  • Toad Brigade Captain confirmed as he appears in block levels or whatever you call 'em. Looks like his team abandoned him
    for being a Michael De Santa
    . Lol.
  • Boom boom and Pom pom are back from 3D Land
  • Charged jump is back from Super Mario Bros 2
  • All controllers (Wii U gamepad, Wiimote, Wiimote+Nunchuk, Pro controller and Classic controller are useable for the game)
  • Kamek is in the game. This game needs Kamek! Who's there to give Bowser a useless power up that will eventually be thwarted anyway by sheer player skill?
  • Peach has a ponytail in her fire flower form. ONLY in that form
  • Star bunnies seem to be shown in one stage only but--- HEY, Mario Galaxy or Mario 64 stuff right?
  • Several returning common enemies like Charging Chucks
Not confirmed yet

• If Yoshi eggs will return. Aw come on. 4 yoshi rides? AWESOME
  • If Junior will be back since he wasn't seen in the grand artwork
  • If there will be orchestrated music. WAH.
  • If Waluigi is playable **** that
Mario 3D World could boost the Wii U sales in the holiday season. Following Xmas 2013, some big hitters like Monolith's X, Bayonetta and Smash Bros. will help further.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Even though X and Bayonetta will be great games, they'll hardly be "big-hitters" commercially, especially in the west. They're both fairly niche, and if established IPs like Zelda and Pikmin can't turn the Wii U's fate around to any beneficial extent, X and Bayonetta (which sold a little over a mil on two systems with an exponentially larger install base) will make even less of a splash. They might be games that drive the more hardcore to pick up a Wii U, but that's the minority, they won't be mass system sellers like DKC, MK, and Smash (which are the only system sellers Nintendo has announced for next year so far).

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Fox confirmed for bottom tier. :troll:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Here's my guess on the new blaster. Fox is able to choose between the multi spam laser of Brawl and the original Smash 64 laser.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Here's my guess on the new blaster. Fox is able to choose between the multi spam laser of Brawl and the original Smash 64 laser.
How will he switch though?

My thought is that he could holding down B for a bit to make it like Falco's. Multi-tapping it makes the Laser like Fox's. Or just touching it for a moment.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Would you have to hold down B for a tiny bit to use the Smash 64 laser, while having to tap B slightly in order to use the spam laser?

Curses, beat. The reply button wouldn't let my post go through, even after refreshing the page multiple times.

-----

Falco should have dual blasters because dual is coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool.

No.

But I'm okay with the idea. ESPECIALLY IF HIS REFLECTOR ACTED AS COVER :awesome:. But no. Just no

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
How will he switch though?

My thought is that he could holding down B for a bit to make it like Falco's. Multi-tapping it makes the Laser like Fox's. Or just touching it for a moment.
From a programming standpoint, I can't tell you how exactly it could be done, but it is indeed doable.

You'd probably press B very quickly for the spammable laser and then hold for a little bit longer for Smash 64 laser. A similar type of input happens in Tekken a lot. For example, from just pressing a neutral Right Kick, Xiaoyu will do a generic roundhouse. However, if you tap it and Left Kick in succession like piano keys, you get a completely different attack. Such a similar distinction can happen in Smash. Mind you that the code can process things at speeds humans can never do so the animation should not look strange when trying to make that distinction.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
From a programming standpoint, I can't tell you how exactly it could be done, but it is indeed doable.

You'd probably press B very quickly for the spammable laser and then hold for a little bit longer for Smash 64 laser. A similar type of input happens in Tekken a lot. For example, from just pressing a neutral Right Kick, Xiaoyu will do a generic roundhouse. However, if you tap it and Left Kick in succession like piano keys, you get a completely different attack. Such a similar distinction can happen in Smash. Mind you that the code can process things at speeds humans can never do so the animation should not look strange when trying to make that distinction.
Sweet. But what would Falco do now?

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
I'm planning to buy Pokémon X. As for starters, I was thinking of a Squirtle-Torchic-Chespin trio starter, but MAN, that Mega Charizard X looks so boss.
That's the main reason why I'm getting a Charmander :grin:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Sweet. But what would Falco do now?
I can't think of any at this particular moment, but believe that there are several different things that can be done. Their Laser projectile is probably the purest projectile in the game outside of Luigi's. There's things like an aimable laser or whatever you can think of for the gun to do.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I can't think of any at this particular moment, but believe that there are several different things that can be done. Their Laser projectile is probably the purest projectile in the game outside of Luigi's. There's things like an aimable laser or whatever you can think of for the gun to do.
I wouldn't mind if he switches to his second blaster every time you use it again. It'd work about the same as Melee/Brawl's version, but it'd be visually pleasing, and he did have two blasters in the SSE. I mean, Bowser got his form the Adventure Mode last time, so...

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
If Fox and Falco both got some kind of secondary function for their blaster, then what would :wolf: get, hypothetically speaking?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If Fox and Falco both got some kind of secondary function for their blaster, then what would :wolf: get, hypothetically speaking?
What he already has. He has a blaster that not only can do physical damage when close by, but it stuns slightly. His blaster was entirely different from the other two.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
His bayonet should have a lot of hitstun to setup for a combo.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
What he already has. He has a blaster that not only can do physical damage when close by, but it stuns slightly. His blaster was entirely different from the other two.
True. I was just thinking/hoping he'd might get something he usually has from SF Assault's multiplayer, to differentiate him more from the other two. If they had done more of that with him in the first place in Brawl, he wouldn't of been a clone of Fox or Falco at all. Still appreciate though how he was made the most different out of the three.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
They should make Wolf's Side B like Jon Talbain's Wolf Cannon where Wolf could go in different directions and combo with it a few times with good reads.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Definitely wouldn't mind that side B idea with Wolf, although I was also satisfied with how I could land meteor spike hits or whatever with it in Brawl. Just gotta be more careful as to not accidentally suicide with it more than you would have to with Falco or Fox.

And people on the roster prediction thread already gave good enough reasons as to how that Mewtwo Y in SSB4 rumor is fake. **** that rumor.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I still think that if the Mega forms are to be used, I'm very curious how they'll integrate them into the moveset. The only way I can think of it happening without taking away specials is to make the switch via taunting.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I still think that if the Mega forms are to be used, I'm very curious how they'll integrate them into the moveset. The only way I can think of it happening without taking away specials is to make the switch via taunting.
Or at least costumes.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Well, the Mega forms could be used for Final Smashes... for example, Lucario becomes Mega Lucario and then he does the same thing he did in Brawl... then he becomes back to Lucario.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Or at least costumes.
That wouldn't make any sense. The three Mewtwo forms all have their distinct differences. Mewtwo X is part fighting, Mewtwo Y is likely a class cannon of some sort, and then there's regular Mewtwo.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That wouldn't make any sense. The three Mewtwo forms all have their distinct differences. Mewtwo X is part fighting, Mewtwo Y is likely a class cannon of some sort, and then there's regular Mewtwo.
Again, costumes. They don't need to be different beyond that. Of course, that's assuming Mega X/Y would appear if Mewtwo does. I know they sound better as some kind of forme change, but it doesn't really work at all for a Final Smash since there's two of them now.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Again, costumes. They don't need to be different beyond that. Of course, that's assuming Mega X/Y would appear if Mewtwo does. I know they sound better as some kind of forme change, but it doesn't really work at all for a Final Smash since there's two of them now.
Why does it have to be a Final Smash? Again, it could be a stance switch of sorts through the taunts.

Morbi

Scavenger
I am honestly hoping that Sakurai doesn't use either of them. However, their is the distinct possibility that we will just get Mega Y Mewtwo simply because of the movie. That would undoubtedly be a Final Smash. Just my Jigglypuff cents.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Their stats are redistributed and Mewtwo X gains fighting type

But it's not like they have different movepools

Anyone one of the Mewtwo's can do, they all can. Just some slightly better than the others

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
And Doctor Mario is a doctor and DIY Wario is a game maker. What the character costume is isn't the problem. The actual problem is the hitbox. Mewtwo, X and Y have a body part difference. Unless Sakurai tweaks with the move's mechanics, one form couldn't do what the other can correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom