• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
What manner of phuckery is this...

Platinum Games? A possible second Party???
Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/29/platinum-games-expresses-desire-for-wonderful-101-sequel
Well considering they've previously had a pretty anti-subsidiary mentality and always expressed how they like independence, I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo was already going through the efforts to making them second-party. Or Kamiya is just placating them. Would be nice though, maybe it would convince Nintendo to finally let them work on an existing IP...

Oh and good luck with that W101 sequel. A game with average reviews and a likely worldwide flop? That screams sequel, like most of Platinum's games. :rolleyes:

Hello family, I've been a lurker for years and just now decided to post for the first time.
I love smash, I love you. Amen. :kirby64:
Welcome ^_^

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
We're back? Cool. I wonder for how long though.

Anyone seen any posts about me anywhere in the meanwhile? :rolleyes:

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
So... I'm gonna take a swing at this, but I'm guessing that absolutely nothing of note has happened while the site was down?

I'll, uhm, I'll be honest. Kinda felt good not spending hours and hours a day on a message board when nothing new or noteworthy is happening...
That being said... we're back!

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'm not surprised that every time I'm in a vid, ppl always make me look like the bad guy or some person for everyone to laugh at (95% of the time ppl doing it on purpose). Why don't you just make me evil and put devil horns on my head since apparently I can't be a good guy or a cool guy? -.-

And at least the site's back... for now.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yesterday's picture was a good one to shop Ridley in. He'd, of coarse, be big. Perhaps... Too big?

Admiral, it's the fate of us users named after playable characters :laugh: I'm also still 'Satan Kong' to basically 95% of here to.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Well considering they've previously had a pretty anti-subsidiary mentality and always expressed how they like independence, I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo was already going through the efforts to making them second-party. Or Kamiya is just placating them. Would be nice though, maybe it would convince Nintendo to finally let them work on an existing IP...

Oh and good luck with that W101 sequel. A game with average reviews and a likely worldwide flop? That screams sequel, like most of Platinum's games. :rolleyes:
How did Bayonetta 1 do in Japan? But at any rate, I wouldn't mind seeing them being coming a second party of Nintendo.
So... I'm gonna take a swing at this, but I'm guessing that absolutely nothing of note has happened while the site was down?

I'll, uhm, I'll be honest. Kinda felt good not spending hours and hours a day on a message board when nothing new or noteworthy is happening...
That being said... we're back!
To be honest I got quite a lot of things done, then i would if this site was up lol.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Still haven't played my 3DS in a while, haven't played Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon yet. (Note to self: Always have a specific place to put the paper I have written my PIN on)

But I found out about the new version of Professor E. Gadd's theme in Dark Moon, and I was a bit dsiappointed at the lack of the beat the original version had...

...and then I found this remix of it.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Oh yeah, I might get a 2DS when it gets a price drop.

Nintendo, I hereby thank you for conserning about my empty wallet.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Behold the glory that is DK crews fur!

I'm a bit upset it comes out in December though...

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
First post back, baby!

It was great talking with all you ******* on Skype. We should keep it going.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
About goddamn time.

The dude who did the DDoSing seriously needs to get a life, some fiscal responsibility, and a couple anger management courses. I suggest meditation.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
About goddamn time.

The dude who did the DDoSing seriously needs to get a life, some fiscal responsibility, and a couple anger management courses. I suggest meditation.
Getting laid might help.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Getting laid might help.
Well I was trying to be realistic. Anyone who swears hateful vengeance on the Smash community isn't going to be getting laid any time soon. Not to mention after almost certainly blowing all of his money on the attacks, I'm sure he can't even afford a prostitute.

I bookmarked Smashboards and I still see the same 3x3 blue cube icon instead of the Smash ball. Herp

Have you tried turning it on and off?
Ah right.

I remember when I first saw the Peach dojo pictures and the pyrosphere stage, I literally rushed to Smashboards only to find out the timing was simply amazing (Forum got attacked). Had to make a disqus account for that >_>

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
It's great to be back after all this time. Just after I arrived from vacations, I found out that the site was DDoS'd.

Hyped for Pokémon X/Y, by the way.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
I'm mad because my birthday was 2 days ago,but I couldn't log in so I didn't get the Log In On Your Birthday trophy ;_;

Another actually important thing was that my life was a bit more depressing when this site wasn't accessable,so I realised that I actually love this place and its users.

Jorjlat

Smash Rookie
As long as there is no tripping, and it plays a little faster, I'm game for whatever.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Everybody gets a celebratory infraction to mark the site coming back! Hooray! :awesome:

Oh and Mighty No. 9 We can't come back without discussing this.
Looks fun, I'll be getting it. Shows how much demand there still is for a Mega Man-like game, which further enforces how dumb Capcom is. Since I doubt it'll hit the XB1 and PS4 stretch goals, and it won't release til 2015, the Wii U could be the definitive place for the game, which is also nice (well, definitive console place).

I'd be upset for them if they weren't so insistent on screwing over fans and ruining their franchises. At this point I think their IPs would be better off with other companies, so I wouldn't be too sad if they keep screwing up to the point of becoming THQ. I just hope Nintendo gets Mega Man (and to be greedy Okami and Viewtiful Joe).

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
'Bout damn time. I was going ****ing insane without Smashboards. Let's hope this never happens again.

Anywho, we gots a LOT of picking up to do.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Aaaaaand we're back! Phew. At least the biggest event we missed was only no Toad in SSB4.

All I need to see now is Zelda and ZSS and I'll be happy as far as veterans go.

D

Deleted member

Looks fun, I'll be getting it. Shows how much demand there still is for a Mega Man-like game, which further enforces how dumb Capcom is. Since I doubt it'll hit the XB1 and PS4 stretch goals, and it won't release til 2015, the Wii U could be the definitive place for the game, which is also nice (well, definitive console place).
I am really excited for Mighty No. 9 and for more than one reasons. Can't wait to see how the game turns out and once I get my paycheck this Thursday, I'll be donating $80-120 to it (so I can get a lot of the cool extras).
N3ON said:
I'd be upset for them if they weren't so insistent on screwing over fans and ruining their franchises. At this point I think their IPs would be better off with other companies, so I wouldn't be too sad if they keep screwing up to the point of becoming THQ. I just hope Nintendo gets Mega Man (and to be greedy Okami and Viewtiful Joe).
Capcom has only this generation to turn themselves around. The many, many screw-ups they did this generation (now Breath of Fire 6 is a iOS game with little to no resemblance of the RPG games fans came to know and love) have cost them a lot and put them in this bad financial situation. They really can't afford to screw up for much longer; they have to start listening to their fans better (they're getting a little better with Mega Man, but it is still not enough). Monster Hunter and Street Fighter won't keep them up forever.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
And so... as comrades... as Smash Bros and Sisters.... as a community... we were told... "YOU MUST RECOVER"... and so... we did triumphantly.

Glad to be back especially with the Smash community on Miiverse taking a severe nosedive in the past month. Seriously, virtually every noteworthy artist has abandoned the place so now it's almost nothing but whiny preteens making it about 75% as intolerable as Gamefaqs. Still, I'm glad to be back at my online home away from home.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Aaaaaand we're back! Phew. At least the biggest event we missed was only no Toad in SSB4.
I'm not an actual Toad advocate but don't think Toad is completely deconfirmed - the toad Peach holds could just be a member of the toad species instead of the Toad character. Sakurai has already stated her moveset is subject to change. It's probably time to start curbing in those character expectations though.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Wow, I click here to see if the temporary new site is back up, and I get the actual site! That was a pleasant surprise.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I'm not an actual Toad advocate but don't think Toad is completely deconfirmed - the toad Peach holds could just be a member of the toad species instead of the Toad character. Sakurai has already stated her moveset is subject to change. It's probably time to start curbing in those character expectations though.
Come on, he's out. Let it lie.
The only possibility is that the Toad Peach is holding becomes Toadsworth. MAYBE.
But really? He's out.

Like the Pyrosphere doesn't deconfirm Ridley, but do we really need a confirmation?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I am the man of the hour
Too sweet to be sour
What you see is what you get
And what you don't is better yet
I'm the women's pick
And the men's regret
And if you went against Johnknight1 Watson you made a bad bet.
THE PERSON WHO CRASHED SMASHBOARDS!!!
Before I heard of you I never knew they figured out how to stack crap that high.
SMASH SITE ATTACKER!
ONE MONTH!
DEBATE MANIA!!!
YOU AND THE BAD GUY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom