• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Come on, he's out. Let it lie.
The only possibility is that the Toad Peach is holding becomes Toadsworth. MAYBE.
But really? He's out.

Like the Pyrosphere doesn't deconfirm Ridley, but do we really need a confirmation?
Let it lie? I don't think you thoroughly read my post. I suggest everyone to start curbing in their character expectations. I also said I don't think Toad is completely deconfirmed. You even agree with me, at least superficially:

The only possibility is that the Toad Peach is holding becmes ToadsWorth. MAYBE.
Whether or not I think there might be a few more possibilities is moot. The Pyrosphere doesn't actually deconfirm Ridley - I don't think it's anything more than an indication he will be in the main gameplay in some form.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Oh yeah, by the way, the Johnknight1 is back.

The Johnknight1 wants to tell the Smash Bros community that he will continue to defend his RIDLEY and SMASH BOARDS UNDISPUTED SMASH WORLD BELTS FOREVER!!!

#RidleyGotDis #March19th2014 #Smash4 #TooRealToQuitTalk

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
At last, we're finally back in business.

Now I don't have to post on NeoGAF anymore. This place is much better.
Lucky, I was stuck on Gamefaqs.

Oh and Mighty No. 9 We can't come back without discussing this.

Capcom also only has $152 million. Thoughts?
I only feel sorry for the IPs, not for Capcom the company. If worst comes to worst we can only pray that the IPs go to companies who would do them justice.

As a side note though, the only IP from another company I can see Nintendo bidding on if said company dies would be Sonic.

Mighty No. 9 is a reference to not only (obviously) Mega Man but also Cyborg 009. I have a lot I want to say about that game.
Was wondering if I was the only one who got that reference. Ironically during the downtime I bought the first 8 episodes of the 2001 show on DVD.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Ah it feels good to be back with people who aren't going "goku 4 smash guyz". Again, I'm glad this site is back.
So you saw my rants against the infested moronic ingrates at GameFAQs, eh=???

I mean, I hate my opinion and all, but I hate theirs A LOTTTTTTT MORE!!!

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
So you saw my rants against the infested moronic ingrates at GameFAQs, eh=???

I mean, I hate my opinion and all, but I hate theirs A LOTTTTTTT MORE!!!
Yup, I can't believe the kinds of odd requests that go on there.... *shudders*, but i'm glad we both don't have to go back there again. O_o

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
How did I survive all this time without seeing any Johnknight posts?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just a heads up, some stores are putting discounts on the white (but not black) Wii U Pro Controllers due to the white Wii U Basic Bundle is slowly phasing out. (Best Buy has it for $15 off).

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
CAPPS

I was wondering how your data project was going.

Insanely well, been trying to talk to Alex Strife to have it at Apex, and we're hoping it'll be ready to fully test VERY soon (school has us running a bit slower) then it will just be finding TOs willing to try us out.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yup, I can't believe the kinds of odd requests that go on there.... *shudders*, but i'm glad we both don't have to go back there again. O_o
Yeah, Johnknight1 mostly just trash talked like usual there, although Johnknight1's trash talking got a lot better, a lot more intense, and a lot more confrontational.

Johnknight1 also came up with my new awesome motto after my rage from that place-that-shall-not-be-named, administrative accounting (actually fun to do once you know it), and federal tax income accounting (even more boring that it sounds) consumed me.

That motto is...

"I hate my opinions, but I hate yours more."

I think it sadly describes the state of affairs in smash speculation actually.

Being at GameFAQs made Johnknight1 realize the only thing that separates them and us in regards to forthcoming Smash Bros. game speculation is our mods and admins, our smash focus, and the fact a few 100 or so of us with intelligence in ways "govern" this place by posting intelligently, and the fact that all three of them are listened to, especially the latter.

Johnknight1 saw Zero post on GameFAQs intelligent things, but few posters listened or were similarly intelligent in discussions, whereas here on Smash Boards intelligence or an interesting point of view is respected, especially by the likes of a Zero.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The boards are up? Are they up for good this time?

D

Deleted member

Lucky, I was stuck on Gamefaqs.
I wouldn't have posted on that site even if I didn't have a NeoGAF account. Permanently divorced myself from that hellhole.
I only feel sorry for the IPs, not for Capcom the company. If worst comes to worst we can only pray that the IPs go to companies who would do them justice.

As a side note though, the only IP from another company I can see Nintendo bidding on if said company dies would be Sonic.
I'm hoping more than anything else that Capcom makes a turnaround. I don't know about most people here, but I think Capcom dying and the franchise going to other companies is a lot less appealing aspect than what most think. For example, I have confidence that Capcom will eventually bring back Mega Man if they get themselves together and find out what to do with Mega Man. But if Capcom goes down, I have a bad feeling that Mega Man is done for (unless in the off-chance Nintendo or Comcept gets the franchise, but I don't know if Nintendo would even be interested and I don't think Comcept can afford to buy back Mega Man)..
I really want to see that show someday; unfortunately only the first eight episodes got released here. You have to learn Japanese to get the entire series or use YouTube.

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
Oh hey, Smashboards is back! Time to waste my life away again...

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
So, what did you guys do in desperate boredom while smashboards was down?

I started designing a board game, odd choice but fun.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]

Played 64, melee, brawl, PM and other games like I always do, luckily college kept me mostly distracted, hung around on ign for a bit.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Spent my time on forums I usually go to, playing more video games, and supporting the Kickstarter project Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (and I posted a lot there).

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The boards are up? Are they up for good this time?
Yep. We all kept our current post count too! :)

YEAH!!! STILL THE TOP FORTY!!!

#TopFortClub #TwelveThousandPostClub
How did I survive all this time without seeing any Johnknight posts?
Because Holder was not smart enough to find the Johnknight1 on Skype and join the Skype chat like a real man with real manliness.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

I wasn't bored, since I played through Project X Zone and Zelda: Oracle of Ages, as well as still playing Fire Emblem: Awakening.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Because Holder was not smart enough to find the Johnknight1 on Skype and join the Skype chat like a real man with real manliness.

Yeah I completely forgot about the existence of my Skype for the most part. Perhaps next time.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
All the cool kids were in Skype chats.

Also, I played a lot of Pokémon, GTA IV (in anticipation for V; I still need to go down the block and get it tomorrow), GTA: San Andreas, TF2, Fallout: New Vegas, the original Legend of Zelda (I have now beat that game 41 times), and a few other games.

Oh, and I realized that my gigantic list of games I own but still need to play... is actually like a dozen titles longer than I thought it was.

Off the top of my head, the games I still gotta beat are a few S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games, Fallout 3, Fallout Tactics, XCOM (the oroginal) Civilization 2: Complete Edition, Civilization 3: Complete Edition, Civilization 4: Complete Edition, Portal 2, Age of Mythology: Complete Edition, Rome: Total War: Complete Edition (again), Medieval: Total War II: Complete Edition (for like the 20th time), oh, and GTA V once I get it.

I'm missing at least a dozen or so games from that list as well. Oh, and I still haven't played much of Project M 2.6b.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So, a recap of the past month:

1. Ridley still not confirmed/deconfirmed.
2. Three week update stall.
3. Peach confirmed and Toad's chances take a giant kick in the nuts.
4. Mario Galaxy stage heavily teased to be revealed soon.
5. ZOMG, MIGHTY NO. 9! LET'S THROW MONEY AT IT!!!
6. Shatae Half Genie, Half Hero is pretty groovy too.
7. ZOMG WII U PRICE DROP!
8. Oh hey, the 2DS *insert two weeks of nonstop complaining here*
9. Kanto starters have mega evolutions. Fans worldwide explosively crap themselves.
10. Chespin evolves into a hamster stuffed into a coconut.
11. Mewtwo has yet another mega evolution. Again, watch where you step.
12. Wii U deals and game price drops all over the freakin' place this fall.

I think that sums these past four weeks up.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I never really expected Peach's Special to change if Toad were playable. Why should it, there's so many Toads.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Ah finally I'm back

I wanted to get here after some days of hiatius but you know ddos so I couldn't

As for the peach thing, it was expected but at least we got SOMETHING confirmed

now I'm really happy for the toad situation. I won't explain myself but to me, it was expected really toad is my least mario newcomer tbh, he was overated the one that have a CONSIDERABLE chance are bowser jr, pmario and (but I think it's way too close and not very sure) waluigi. now here's the thing: I would LOVE if pmario gets in for a number of reason (to summarize, if he gets in, it would be like having a toon link so it will feel different in the way he's designed but NO CLONE)

what I'm trying to say here is this indirectly give chances to bowser jr and pmario which is very cool

small thing for pmario, I'il be honest: it is not NEEDED (like any other mario newcomer) but I want it because his serie is underepresented and to be happy, I need at least at or music or better but the character is the best case. that means I'm ok with bowser jr or pmario but not toad (unless Sakurai impressed me ALOT)

I'm glad to be back (my pc also broke so it couldn't happen in a better time)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

Morbi

Scavenger
Ah finally I'm back

I wanted to get here after some days of hiatius but you know ddos so I couldn't

As for the peach thing, it was expected but at least we got SOMETHING confirmed

now I'm really happy for the toad situation. I won't explain myself but to me, it was expected really toad is my least mario newcomer tbh, he was overated the one that have a CONSIDERABLE chance are bowser jr, pmario and (but I think it's way too close and not very sure) waluigi. now here's the thing: I would LOVE if pmario gets in for a number of reason (to summarize, if he gets in, it would be like having a toon link so it will feel different in the way he's designed but NO CLONE)

what I'm trying to say here is this indirectly give chances to bowser jr and pmario which is very cool

small thing for pmario, I'il be honest: it is not NEEDED (like any other mario newcomer) but I want it because his serie is underepresented and to be happy, I need at least at or music or better but the character is the best case. that means I'm ok with bowser jr or pmario but not toad (unless Sakurai impressed me ALOT)

I'm glad to be back (my pc also broke so it couldn't happen in a better time)
I was the exact same way. I was actually taking a break from the forums initially. I thought the DDoS was well timed. However, I wanted to come back a little early and I couldn't. I was checking daily for the past week.

As for the Peach thing? I am honestly disappointed. Now I will always associate her with the DDoS attack. Not only that, but she was pretty uncalled for seeing as we just had Luigi confirmed the prior month. I am also waiting on Zelda's confirmation. I wanted to see if they redesigned her. Of course, we get Peach instead. I don't know if Toad is out though. He still has a chance, but the very notion has been attenuated. You are correct though. Better to get this reveal out of the way.

I am really excited to see the Pokemon reveal this October (if logic applies).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom