• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
So, it's been really slow here, Smashboards is back up guys why aren't we talking like insane wild crazed animals frothing at the mouths to talk smash!?!?!?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Regarding Toad: I don't think he's likely at all, but if for some reason he is playable, it won't be because Sakurai is still deciding whether to promote him from Neutral Special, or because he suddenly finds the development time to "refresh" Peach's Neutral Special into something else. He'll have been on the roster since it was (in all likelihood) finalized in 2012, or he won't have been, and by the same token, a Toad being set as Peach's Neutral Special wasn't an accident, it was a conscious decision by the developers during the arduous process of planning, modeling and designing each attack. At the very least, that Toad is staying there.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So, it's been really slow here, Smashboards is back up guys why aren't we talking like insane wild crazed animals frothing at the mouths to talk smash!?!?!?
There hasn't been much to talk about, again, because of the three week stall on the official site. Peach and the Mario Galaxy tease kind of broke the dam but after that long lull it's going to take awhile before there's anything worth talking about again.

Morbi

Scavenger
There hasn't been much to talk about, again, because of the three week stall on the official site. Peach and the Mario Galaxy tease kind of broke the dam but after that long lull it's going to take awhile before there's anything worth talking about again.
What do you guys think the Pokemon rep for October will be? (X and Y launches on the 12th).

Also... Ridley is too big for Smash!

I think Roy will replace Chrom and Ike, I hate Marth. FIRE EMBLEM!

... hmm... Mewtwo X form in Smash?

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
We livin'.

If only the whole internet would shut down, then I'd actually go out and do something else.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
What do you guys think the Pokemon rep for October will be? (X and Y launches on the 12th).

I think Roy will replace Chrom and Ike, I hate Marth. FIRE EMBLEM!

... hmm... Mewtwo X form in Smash?
I'm guessing the Pokemon Trainer. It's still relevant. They could just update the trainer itself while keeping the original Kanto starters. Or they can throw a curveball and give us Mewtwo, and in that case I would cry tears of joy.

Starmanclock

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Fangzthewolf
Regarding Toad: I don't think he's likely at all, but if for some reason he is playable, it won't be because Sakurai is still deciding whether to promote him from Neutral Special, or because he suddenly finds the development time to "refresh" Peach's Neutral Special into something else. He'll have been on the roster since it was (in all likelihood) finalized in 2012, or he won't have been, and by the same token, a Toad being set as Peach's Neutral Special wasn't an accident, it was a conscious decision by the developers during the arduous process of planning, modeling and designing each attack. At the very least, that Toad is staying there.
To be truthfully honest if we get a toad at all, it will probably be a named one like Toadsworth.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Throwin' out muh opinions.

Everyone from Brawl will return without a doubt, besides these characters:

Possibly Being cut From Brawl
Ike, Wolf, Sonic, Snake, Toon Link, Lucario, Pokemon Trainer
Now, I don't believe all of these characters will be cut. Heck, the only one I'm dead sure on is Snake. But I will say Lucario, and Toon Link are good candidates for cuts. Sonic would be in that group if it wasn't for the fact that Sakurai has already mentioned his sheer popularity once more. Next would be Sonic and Pokemon Trainer. Then least concern would be Wolf, and Ike.

Now, Newcomer Tiers:

Best Chances
Mewtwo, Dixie Kong, Chrom Pac-Man, Miis, Little Mac
The first three pretty much go without saying IMO. They each have a strong quality going for them. Mewtwo being who he is, the publicity he's recently gotten, Sakurai's comments, his position as an old vet and as popular as he is. Dixie's a once planned character, and a decently popular choice. Chrom is an international character from FE, who's in the latest FE title, and is generally well received (despite what Smashboards would like you to believe). The last three, well, you know.
Decent Chances
Roy, King K. Rool, Ridley, Palutena, Shulk, Takamaru
The first two would be up in the "Best Chances" group if it wasn't for their Franchise counterparts taking precedence IMO. Ridley's here for being a small scale Mewtwo. Palutena, for being a popular choice, Sakurai's baby, and showing up in SSE/Brawl. Shulk kind of beats out all his competition, with Miis/Little Mac being the acceptions in terms of small franchise character. He's pretty popular for how old he is, and seems to be the new "IT BOY" from Nintendo's new star subsidary. Takamaru fits the role of "Retro revived" pretty well, and has a recognizably sized fanbase in both Japan and America.

50/50 Shot
Doctor Mario, Krystal, Bowser Junior, Samurai Goroh, Black Shadow, Lucina, Isaac, Toon Zelda / Partner
Doc and Toon Link / Partner are like Dixie, but just on a smaller scale. They have an alright sized fanbase, but also seem to be filler material, unlike Dixie. Krystal, Junior, Isaac, Goroh, and BShadow is the all around "Got Everything, just it's up to Sakurai to say yes". Lucina seems to be like the former, just, she has Chrom and Roy in her way.
Small Chance, but still worth mentioning
Toad, Paper Mario, Waluigi, WarioWare Employee, Ghirahim, Tingle, Bandana Dee, Zoroark, Genesect, Other 6th Gen, Dark Samus, Medusa, Masked Man / Claus, Lyn, Pikmin Trio, Saki, Starfy, Dillon, Mach Rider, Layton
Instead of saying what these character's DON'T have, I'll throw out their best traits. Toad: Seniority, Iconic Paper Mario: Decently Popular Waluigi: Decently Popular, WarioWare Employee: Interesting / Wario's alone as of right now Ghirahim: Interesting, Popular enough, Personality Tingle: Interesting Zelda's Number 4 Bandana Dee: Interesting, Kirby's Number 4, Zoroark: Interesting, Most Popular Pokemon Choice Behind Mewtwo, Genesect: Mewtwo's Rival, 6th Gen: Hey, it's 6th Gen, Dark Samus: Not Big, Clone Material. Medusa: Big Villain, Decently Popular, Masked Man / Claus: Next in Line for Mother, Personality Lyn: Decently Popular, Interesting. Pikmin Trio: Hey, who knows?, Saki: Interesting, Starfy: Small Franchise with Decent Popularity, Dillon: See Starfy, Mach Rider: Takamaru's Number 2, Layton: If there's any third party that isn't Sonic, Pac, Mega, or Snake, it's him.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
..is... Is it over?
Oh gosh... It is.
I-i don't even know...
This.. Is fantastic!
*laughs crazily*
*laughing intensifies*

WE MUST CELEBRATE! THANK THE SMASH GODS!

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
So, a recap of the past month:

9. Kanto starters have mega evolutions. Fans worldwide explosively crap themselves.

Just want to say though. We won't know if smashboards is really in the clear until some time tomorrow. Because then it will have been 24 hours. And we all know hackers are about as persistent as 2 year olds, if they can't find a way to take this site back down within 24 hours then and ONLY THEN can we celebrate.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
good to be back, missed you guys

peach is back (yay)

2DS (cool, and you people complaining about there being no hinge need to go back and play gb color/advanced)

price cut (just give me an ambassador program)

X/W (ya, gonna go straight threw it with all fire types, so far Charizard, Blaziken, Fenniken's final form, Pyroar, Flareon, and Talonflame)

I'm also thinking we'll see PT around October, with the special and x/y

We need to remove 10 slots for Ridley.

Or add 99 layers to the disk
To be truthfully honest if we get a toad at all, it will probably be a named one like Toadsworth.
It's Toad or none. Can't be Toadsworth. Could Probably not Blue Toad either.

(Insert random reply to this quote : None)

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'm hoping more than anything else that Capcom makes a turnaround. I don't know about most people here, but I think Capcom dying and the franchise going to other companies is a lot less appealing aspect than what most think. For example, I have confidence that Capcom will eventually bring back Mega Man if they get themselves together and find out what to do with Mega Man. But if Capcom goes down, I have a bad feeling that Mega Man is done for (unless in the off-chance Nintendo or Comcept gets the franchise, but I don't know if Nintendo would even be interested and I don't think Comcept can afford to buy back Mega Man)..
Pretty much this. Either way I severally doubt that Capcom will fall quickly while they still have cash cows like Monster Hunter.

As a side note though, Ghost 'n Goblins Online is now on Stream Greenlight (I thought that game was canned even before Rockman Online was announced). lol

I really want to see that show someday; unfortunately only the first eight episodes got released here. You have to learn Japanese to get the entire series or use YouTube.
It took a little effort but I was able to find the entire series in dub on Youtube (bar the 3 OVA episodes). Other than the first 8 episodes I do know that one of the movies from the 79 series was released in the US during the 90s.

I'm just hoping the uncut DVD I got isn't too bad, as I'd like to watch it with my nephews. Call me a nerd but when I watched it years ago when I was in elementary school, in gym I'd pretend I had an acceleration mode too. Embarrass

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
Pretty much this. Either way I severally doubt that Capcom will fall quickly while they still have cash cows like Monster Hunter.

As a side note though, Ghost 'n Goblins Online is now on Stream Greenlight (I thought that game was canned even before Rockman Online was announced). lol

It took a little effort but I was able to find the entire series in dub on Youtube (bar the 3 OVA episodes). Other than the first 8 episodes I do know that one of the movies from the 79 series was released in the US during the 90s.

I'm just hoping the uncut DVD I got isn't too bad, as I'd like to watch it with my nephews. Call me a nerd but when I watched it years ago when I was in elementary school, in gym I'd pretend I had an acceleration mode too. Embarrass
When you find Attack on Titan being available on Youtube let me know. I love that anime series.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Crunchy Roll has all the episodes save for the most recent one which is for premium members.

D

Deleted member

Same here. Capcom is a company that I do see as potentially redeemable and they aren't in as much peril as many people think. However, the economic concerns is still worth mentioning and Capcom really needs to re-evaluate themselves and improve significantly if they are going to survive/remain relevant.

Really? I didn't know that. Too bad that we can't see the entire dub on DVD; I would surely pay for them.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Soooo... I guess we're back? Cool. Took them long enough. How's everyone? Cooled down a little from the Ridley thing?

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Awesome that the boards is live, again, so anyways, do you guys remember which page the derp roster was on, after it being mentioned on the Facebook page, a lot I must see it again.

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
If I could try to put us back on topic I will share two of my most fondest memories of Smash
1. It was winter time and I was at home skipping school because I was literally sick as a dog. Could hardly breathe, strep throat, no voice, throwing up, and living on soup the works. It was at that moment when I was lying down in the basement I decided to play Super Smash Bros. Melee. Now keep in mind I am a very casual gamer of Smash. I decided to take on Event 51 in Melee. I said to myself I'm going to do this today. I went up against Giga Bowser, Mewtwo, and Ganondorf for 3 hours straight with hardly a break. I had a lot of trouble with it because I am a casual smash player but eventually I beat Event 51 that night. When the game finally said "Success!" I screamed but nothing came out because I had no voice. It was that moment it occurred to me you can be sick enough to not go to school but you can never be too sick to play smash.
2. This is a replay I saved with my friends.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
haha I've been good Scatsman

I think my fondest Smash memories would have to be playing Melee with my childhood friends when I was 10

he would always pick Sheik, while I would roll with DK and his little brother would always choose Marth

I miss my homies :(

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
(insert M. Bison Yes video or gif here)

It's good to be back!

Are we talking about Smash memories?

Probably playing through Melee's adventure mode for the first time, and playing Kirby and eventually figuring him out. (he's one of my mains in both Melee and Brawl now)

I rarely played Melee with my friends though, not many memories of that.

I was also overjoyed when I unlocked Toon Link in Brawl.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Let's see, my Smash memory would have to be from Melee.

I thought Peach was a really crappy and weak character at first. Then I finally played her and fell in love.

Another was when I unlocked Mewtwo. I got so excited because it was really random and I never looked online for characters. It was genuine glee when I unlocked him.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
I miss my homies :(
I know how you feel. Life happens and childhood ends, but too often people just stay out of contact or don't make enough time for old friends or family, even when they don't have obligations. We're all guilty of it, but some get a little weird. I used to have a partner in crime that stopped having anything to do with most of his friends. I don't know if it was burnout or what, but his life eventually revolved around working a ~30 hour a week job and then hanging out exclusively with his girlfriend in his abundant free time. Not even that in love with her.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I have good memories from every Smash game honestly.

Most what I remember of is that most of my friends got fed up with my skill with certain characters.

In N64, it was Pikachu.
In Melee, Mewtwo.
In Brawl, Diddy.

Heck, when I play Brawl casually, I even ban myself from using Diddy untill I wanna show off :laugh: And in Melee, my friends where such dickholes that they'd just suicide most of the match, after getting their 'first hit' on me. Apperantly, that was satisfying enough. :rolleyes:

They all kicked my ass in Mario Party and most of the time Kart to.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
When I was younger I used to pretend Pikachu in his green palette swap (in Melee) was a secret agent and his arch-enemy was Bowser in his dark palette. :laugh:

And I am a proud Jigglypuff fan thanks to Melee. Was glad to see her return in Brawl.

Also, can anyone tell what I've been playing lately?

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
When I was younger I used to pretend Pikachu in his green palette swap (in Melee) was a secret agent and his arch-enemy was Bowser in his dark palette. :laugh:

And I am a proud Jigglypuff fan thanks to Melee. Was glad to see her return in Brawl.

Also, can anyone tell what I've been playing lately?
I'm guessing portal.

Might as well put my favorite smash memories.

64: I discovered who captain falcon was
Melee: I won two matches with kirby against a jiggly and pika in a minor tournament in torrence. And I was 9-10 at the time, Of course I lost to a falco after (and that is why I always disliked falco) my older step sis fared better with sheik.
Brawl: Lol um... I guess I was hyped for sonic. PM: that castlevania stage O_o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom