• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
It only lasted 5 minutes. I just tricked everyone to think it was still happening so I could brutalize the person who tried DDOS'ing Smash Boards for a few weeks.

If you were in the Skype chat like all the real men like Manly, Habanero and Kuma (that's a joke; they're all pansies!!!), you would know that.
Man it's been a while since I've had my mind blown up by one of your posts John.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Man it's been a while since I've had my mind blown up by one of your posts John.
Well if you were on Skype, you would have experienced that many times, and each time it would be more and more sensual.
thanks for the bomb-omb
I did it... FOR AMERICA THE MEN OF MOONKNIGHT!!!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Sega owns Atlus? Huh. Could be much worse. Could be Microsoft.

Also I almost forgot how awesome and funny you people are. I missed this place.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
It only lasted 5 minutes. I just tricked everyone to think it was still happening so I could brutalize the person who tried DDOS'ing Smash Boards for a few weeks.

If you were in the Skype chat like all the real men like Manly, Habanero and Kuma (that's a joke; they're all pansies!!!), you would know that.
For the record, no one ever told me about this super special Skype club.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Manly was in charge of the servers, but ****ed up when the Titans breached the wall and started attacking the forums.
No matter how you look at it, it's not our fault that the Titans breached the wall.

Also, I found WateMote on CrunchyRoll. Mutha**** yeah.

Pansies, huh?

Meh, not worth it.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
No, Nintendo needs to buy Platinum first.
Nintendo needs to buy back the rights to Conker, Jet Force Gemini, and Battletoads from Microsoft before they screw that IP's up too.

Maybe get Perfect Dark and Banjo back as well before Microsoft screws that franchises over even more too while we're at it.

Oh, and that way we could FINALLLLLLLLY get Conker (and potentially Banjo and Joanna Dark) playable. That would be so much win it would be winception status.
But we need Bayonetta in Smash.
We could use just about any character now, especially if all the big dogs are all playable.

I mean, let's say that Dixie, Ridley, K. Rool, Isaac, Shulk are all playable.

Which major Nintendo characters are left=???

I mean, we'd be down to the retro tiers, the mildly important tier (for major franchises), the minor minor franchises tier (Starfy and Saki chief among them), etc. I mean, if Nintendo bought Platinum Games, we could not just get Bayonetta, but a character from MadWorld or even Infinite Space.

D

Deleted member

Sega owns Atlus? Huh. Could be much worse. Could be Microsoft.

Also I almost forgot how awesome and funny you people are. I missed this place.
...that ****ing company. The less franchise they can ruin, the better.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
For the record, no one ever told me about this super special Skype club.
I told you guys (you know who you are, 'specially you BRoomers) to join a bunch of us on Skype several times.

Also, it is the same Skype chat as the one from the Smash Wii U and 3DS reveal, and you can still join up if you'd like.
Pansies, huh?

Meh, not worth it.
I figured out how they stacked crap that high to make the DDOS hacker: They simply just stacked up all the "lost" copies of E.T. atop one another and super glued them together.

#RealTalk #FakeTalk #TalkTalk

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Other points I wanted to bring up when the forum was down:

Mighty no 9 kickstarter

Shantae kickstarter

Support them

D

Deleted member

Mighty no 9 kickstarter

Shantae kickstarter

Support them
I don't really see myself supporting the Shantae Kickstarter since I generally don't care about them, but I am making a big exception for Mighty No. 9 here.

Wish I could get it on Steam, unfortunately my video card sucks and I'm not spending $250 for a new video card on my laptop. So PS3 version it is.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't have anyone's skype account, and I actually just deleted skype from my computer because I hadn't used it in a while

Final point I wanted to bring up:

I'm getting this

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I don't have anyone's skype account, and I actually just deleted skype from my computer because I hadn't used it in a while

Final point I wanted to bring up:

I'm getting this
Destroyah! Nice. What version?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Destroyah! Nice. What version?
"Bandai Tamashii Nations Destroyah (Complete Version) "Godzilla vs Destroyah" - S.H. MonsterArts"

The full title of it. Imported from Japan

[collapse=Regarding the Peach/Toad controversy]
[/collapse]
The first thing I did when Peach was announced, and had Toad as B, was go to IGN's Smash forum and post "Toad was confirmed! ...as Peach's B attack again"

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

Mighty no 9 kickstarter

Shantae kickstarter

Support them
GTA V is out, Pokémon X &Y's release is soon, Watch Dogs' release date isn't too far out, and DKC: Tropical Freeze's release date is creeping closer and closer.

Oh, and we've gotten nothing new on Mario 3D World to tell us that this isn't just a filler Mario game like everything NEW SMB!

GOOD JOB ADVERTISING AND MARKETING NINTENDO, GOOD JOB!!!!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Remember when I was hooked on Zelda Twilight Princess' soundtrack?

Now I'm stuck on Portal 2 songs.

And I don't mean the soundtrack (as awesome as it is) I mean Portal 2 music video and song parodies...

Help.....

Well, it is almost October, so maybe this will remind someone of an awesome stop-motion film. (WARNING: This video pretty much spoils the entire Portal 2 plot, hopefully I can remember how the collapse command works)

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Smashboards are back, *******! You know what this calls for? SAMBA TIME!

While the forums were down, college started for me and I'm loving every bit of freedom and fun from it. Anything cool happen in your circles?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
How I feel like when I waited for Dojo updates for Brawl around this time of year in 2007...

How I felt like for the Dojo updates when Smash Wii U and 3DS were revealed...

How I felt when Luigi was confirmed...

How I feel like with the Dojo updates now...

Why am I still addicted to this 1 AM late night bullcrap just to see Peach decide whether or not she will indeed grope the Wii Fit Trainer's booty=???

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
It'd be neat if Perry got in.

Speaking of which, wasn't SPP the first Mario series game where Peach actually used an any umbrella? (If I recall right she also had one in SMS, but it was a normal umbrella which she was just using to shade herself from the Sun)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It'd be neat if Perry got in.

Speaking of which, wasn't SPP the first Mario series game where Peach actually used an any umbrella? (If I recall right she also had one in SMS, but it was a normal umbrella which she was just using to shade herself from the Sun)
Super Mario RPG she can attack with a parasol

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
HOLD ON A SECOND!!!

LOOK AT THIS PICTURE!!!!

You can clearly see Waluigi in the clouds guys.

You know what that means=???

[collapse="I'll tell you what it means"]Nintendogs confirmed.[/collapse]

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Feels good to be hanging around on Smashboards waiting for the update(though the thread is very vacant ATM).

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Peach is making the Eye of Horus with her hands! Illuminati confirmed for Nintendo! :troll:

On yesterday's pic, I guess the WFT's ass isn't as big as people exaggerate after all! Makes for a nice balance board.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
So allegedly, it is being reported in Japan that Sega will be acquiring Atlus for 4 billion yen. This information has no official confirmation, it seems. What do you think?
Every major gaming media outlet is reporting on it, so it is probably indeed the truth.

And eh, it's a good deal I guess, so long as they actually upgrade how fast they translate and localize games.

Of course, ABOLISHING REGION LOCKING ON NINTENDO CONSOLES WOULD MAKE THAT LESS OF A BIG DEAL!!!!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Man, Sakurai. That Pyrosphere is pretty nice, but you didn't have to lure me in there just to show me your hole. :shades:

@ Atlus + Sega...

I'm just not sure how I feel about that. Atlus is one of my favorite gaming companies...Sega not so much.

This hasn't slipped of my mind and only those who speculated in.... 2011-2012? But...

This guy should get in Smash 4 because he's purty cool and can bring new things such as strong language and gunnnnnnz.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Every major gaming media outlet is reporting on it, so it is probably indeed the truth.

And eh, it's a good deal I guess, so long as they actually upgrade how fast they translate and localize games.

Of course, ABOLISHING REGION LOCKING ON NINTENDO CONSOLES WOULD MAKE THAT LESS OF A BIG DEAL!!!!
I guess the cited sources and that Twitter shot purport this is all correct. Just hope Atlus localization will continue as normal. It could be much worse *cough*EA & Microsoft*cough*

Also, damn! Late for the discussion in the previous page. :facepalm:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I think it's weird SEGA has that kind of money
They haven't been doing to well from what I thought

Also, Capcom only has 152 million (Dollars I believe) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RWTefnWlYE&feature=c4-overview&list=UUVtEytgcL5fZcSiKx-BjimQ
SEGA is very careful with their money, and has kept their permanent staff pretty small all things considered. They also have made a ton of money off of several series, namely Sonic & All-Stars Racing, Sonic the Hedgehog, Total War, etc, all of which are making them money.

Pretty much they got some nice games with super loyal and reliable fanbases that make a lot of money, and they have great financial planners. Despite the issues SEGA ran into with Rome: Total War II being a disaster at launch, they are slowly building themselves back up to being a top company again.

SEGA is making a few mistakes along the way like all companies, but fortunately, they seem to be learning from them and they have a very, very, very, very conservative financial approach because of it, which is definitely a positive for them right now.

Meanwhile Capcom has terrible financial players, few loyal fans.

This is especially so after pissing off so many people with all the DLC, crappy releases like RE5 and RE6 (which killed that series as a survival horror game), Dead Rising 2 and 3 being poorly marketed, Lost Planet tanking as an IP, poor marketing for DmC, and lots of re-re-releases, Monster Hunter translation/localization being botched in how long it takes, ignoring entire IP's (Mega Man, Viewtiful Joe, Darkstalkers, Final Fight, Okami, etc) and, oh yeah, no ability to restrain the budget of their games.

Oh, and their top successful head guys were fired or quit, whereas their weakest top head guys are running the joint... into the ground.

That's not even covering the obvious worker abuse that Capcom is doing, which btw, is freaking terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom