• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

This picture was in the update to Mighty No. 9 AND Shantae's kickstarters

Apparently one of the artists from the studio making mighty no 9 is going to help with the Shantae game

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Anyone get the update yet?

THIS one Swamp?

It's...it's a big hole. Apparently Sakurai installed a big, shiny hole in the back of the Pyrosphere that never sees the sun. Or we'll barely ever see. One of those. Or something.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Great to see that smashboards is back on. What are we talking about?

This game is too small for Ridley. To include him, Sakurai must do the following:

1) Remove 10 characters for the game to put Ridley in. Ridley's size takes up about 10/35 slots if he were in Brawl.
2) Add more layers for the disk. Ridley takes up a lot of space.

If Sakurai does the following then I would have been 100% for Ridley.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Heh, the hole seems too conspicuous. Sakurai hinted that 'an old enemy of Samus may appear soon' and the setting is from the Ridley fight cutscene in Other M. Just wait till he drops the bombshell showing Ridley as a stage hazard and Smashboards will burn in a sanguine bonfire!

@Shantae & Mighty No. 9: Its really nice to see two classic gaming icons come back with immense support, love, and cooperation. Even if one of them is a there in spirit.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Ridley is so big they couldn't fit anything else in the game's memory if they included him.

The gameplay would practically just allow you do view Ridley's model and do nothing else.

I'm sure if he shoves himself in hard enough it'll stretch enough for him to fit
Lol
Hotcakes said:
Heh, the hole seems too conspicuous. Sakurai hinted that 'an old enemy of Samus may appear soon' and the setting is from the Ridley fight cutscene in Other M. Just wait till he drops the bombshell showing Ridley as a stage hazard and Smashboards will burn in a sanguine bonfire!
You know how to laugh in the face of disappointment right? Something that everyone does in High School when 98% of the class fails a test.

I'd love to do that with you guys

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Just inserting the cartridge/disk of something the size of the entire data of SSB4 would be too much for the system to process if Ridley were there alone. Ridley is too big that modern file formats cannot contain him!

Ridley's too big. He can only get in the game via DLC but he's too big to be DLC either. Out of options

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
This game is too small for Ridley. To include him, Sakurai must do the following:

1) Remove 10 characters for the game to put Ridley in. Ridley's size takes up about 10/35 slots if he were in Brawl.
2) Add more layers for the disk. Ridley takes up a lot of space.

If Sakurai does the following then I would have been 100% for Ridley.
The Wii U version should come packaged with two disks, one that's labeled Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and the other that's simply labeled RIDLEY.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
The 'Ridley' you knew from the first Metroid onward is not like he is now. He's gone through countless years of canon revisation to the point where his size is no longer comprehensible. No longer can be faithfully depicted within the constraints of a two-dimensional sprite nor a 3D render. We're talking Lovecraftian levels of proportion here!

Kamikazaek said:
The Wii U version should come packaged with two disks, one that's labeled Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and the other that's simply labeled RIDLEY.
There should be a fine print saying: "Formating of system memory to external device highly recommended. Data will wipe the entire hard drive."

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I thought we were talking about Ridley being a stage hazard

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Oh, smashboards is back. :)

Glad Peach is returning.

All the stages still look really nice.

And about the Shantae game...I really need to get into that series. That settles it then, when I get my 3ds XL, I'm buying all of them! :D

Lastly, Pokemon X and Y is amazing. :3

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Damn Dreamland's timezone is waaay ahead of New Jerseys I'm just waking up.
The mystery revealed - now we know why kirby's always sleeping and eating.

But uhm, good to be back guys!

Anyone notice peach take off her crown in one of the pics? Is that a taunt?

Oh and also hyped because of the Pilotwings stage <3

Peach's profile might make her look a little royally over-the-top with the gigantic flare on the dress and how her feet barely touch the ground, at an angle that makes you think she's floating instead of standing... but I actually kind of like it. :-P

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Holy crap, Smashboards is back!

-Looks at the latest picture-

...So many bad thoughts.

...Well, it's back half the time anyway. I blame the Sea Bass. Yeah. It's all the Sea Bass's fault. >_>

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Anyone notice peach take off her crown in one of the pics? Is that a taunt?
I remember that her forward aerial has her hitting with her crown, so it could be just that.

...Well, it's back half the time anyway. I blame the Sea Bass. Yeah. It's all the Sea Bass's fault. >_>
Sea Bass confirmed for being the culprit behind the DDoS.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
So apparently the Miiverse Caption is about the hole appearing bigger than it really is.

...Ridley Hole for Smash. :awesome:

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Honestly. Either show Ridley as playable or a Stage Hazard. Just stop teasing us and be specific.

I also would like another newcomer soon...
YOU WILL TAKE YOUR OBVIOUSLY RETURNING PEACH AND YOU WILL LIKE IT DAMMIT.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
YOU WILL TAKE YOUR OBVIOUSLY RETURNING PEACH AND YOU WILL LIKE IT DAMMIT.
Who said I didn't like Peach returning? I do.

...Minus her B still being Toad. Hope that changes. :| And lame if Ridley was no more than a Stage Hazard, after being an awesome boss. Twice. At least make him an Assist Trophy.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Sakurai never said there is no Adventure Mode. He said it won't be like Brawl's. That was pretty much all he said about it as is. That, and cutscenes are available from the start.

So... it still probably exists.

Sakurai never said there is no Adventure Mode. He said it won't be like Brawl's. That was pretty much all he said about it as is. That, and cutscenes are available from the start.

So... it still probably exists.
Ah. Alright then.

So is Ridley good?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Have fun tipping over that building then.

He'd be fun to have in, but he takes up a Third Party spot for a Mario character. It should be used for a different series not represented in Smash.
I'm still curious as to how Geno is legally defined. Sure, he's property of Square Enix, but he was made for a Mario game, making him a derivative character as he was made for the game.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm still curious as to how Geno is legally defined. Sure, he's property of Square Enix, but he was made for a Mario game, making him a derivative character as he was made for the game.
That's the thing; He's not owned by Nintendo. So unless they buy him, he's pure Third Party. He's not actually a Nintendo character whatsoever. That's all there is to it. Or to put it another way;

Geno = Mario Character
Geno = SquareEnix Character
Geno =/= Nintendo Character

It'd be cool if Nintendo just bought the rights to Super Mario RPG and left it at that. It doesn't appear they want to make a sequel, so it makes sense they see zero reason to buy the characters...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom