• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
And like OMG, it's weird cuz a couple nights ago I had a dream about Roy. Roy as in Roy from FIRE EMBLEM!! Dreams like that don't happen too often, and it was pretty cool and when I woke up I was fangirling and all. YOU DON'T KNOW HOW HAPPY I WAS!! ****S TOO AWESOME GAAH! I can't even explain it, I'm so excited and hyped right now because... because... haa... haa....

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Blue Toad.

Nintendo loves them some Blue Toad.

Blue Toad.

If I keep saying it enough maybe it will come true.

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149
I really do love that this place is back. Anyways I'm a bit upset about Toad. I thought that Toad was best bet for a new Mario rep and I thought we were getting one due to how quickly we got all the main Mario reps. I mean, we even got Super Mario 3D World coming out with Toad as a main. I also hate how Sakurai is trolling us with Ridley and Pyrosphere. I was a bit surprised that Peach was revealed this month, but eh. I told my friend Sakurai wouldn't stick with a pattern of having all reveals tied to games.

Also, I just want to say that yesterday's pic was possibly my favorite pic of all the updates.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I still hope for Bowser Jr.

Needless to say, I still have some upport for Toad. Those two I think are the most viable candidates for a new Mario rep.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Mmm... well, my dream for those who are curious. Sorry it's kinda long lol.

I was with this friend (though she didn't look recognizable...) and we were basically playing this new Mario Kart game, which was more like a Mario Kart: Double Dash 2 (as you can have racing partners). My friend picked Wario and Bowser Jr., but I wanted to play as Jr., so I was kinda disappointed. But then guess who I saw on the character select screen? ROY! I was ecstatic. So I guess the game was more like a Nintendo Kart.

Anyway, I picked Roy and Diddy (it's funny as I usually pick Bowser Jr. and Diddy in Double Dash). The course the we raced on looked similar to Delfino Square (Mario Kart DS), but it was much longer. Roy's design looked like a mix between Melee and Awakening, and I can't remember if he spoke in Japanese or English. Though, I do remember commenting that he has a sexy voice...

So the race began, with Diddy as the driver and Roy in the back. I was driving through narrow pathways through streets and stuff. But, get this. The game was like Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed, whereas the karts can transform into boats when on water (dunno about the air though). So I drove off of the track, and landed in the water and the kart transformed into this boat thing, racing away.

Sometime after, I was on the land again, though I was almost in last place. BUT THEN I got Roy's special move. Maaan, it was pretty cool. The whole kart engulfed into flames and it went into turbo mode or whatever, speeding away. Since the kart is literally flames, it created a fire trail behind it (so I guess whoever drives into it gets burned). SO COOL! SO COOL! And with the push of a button, Roy can shoot two fireballs in front of him. So like I was constantly spewing out fireballs and stuff. I didn't come in first (I think second) but Diddy was all happy, jumping and whatnot. However, Roy was just sitting down, looking exhausted (perhaps because of using the special move?), but still smiled.

No joke, if they make a Super Smash Kart/Nintendo Kart/whatever, Nintendo has all my money.

Anyway, things may look bleak for Toad, but I'm still not counting him out yet until... well... it's officially been deconfirmed? I'm not a huge Toad fan, but I'm just stubborn like that lol. I'm just hoping that we'll get at least one Mario newcomer. Though I am pretty content with the ones we have now, I'd still wouldn't mind seeing a new face(s) (this also includes Dr. Mario, I don't really care either way).

But I am liking Peach's design. And I'm glad she got some tweaking and that some moves might be tweaked even more.

Gosh, if there was one character I was always bad against, it's Peach. In both games too. Perhaps because I have little experience against her... But she does have a unique playstyle I guess. Though, unfortunately, I'm not too fond of (perhaps it's her floating powers? Dunno), but there's always going to be characters you like and dislike, right? But I mean I do like Peach character wise. Hm, but I do love all of the cast, even if I'm not fond of their movesets. I think they're all cute in their own ways, if I'm making any sense.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I think we're getting a new rep for Mario though. I don't see him having the whole series revealed before the game and there being not one single new person to surprise us for the series.

If it's not Toad or Bowser Jr?

Then I guess it's Waluigi Time!

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I was with this friend (though she didn't look recognizable...) and we were basically playing this new Mario Kart game, which was more like a Mario Kart: Double Dash 2 (as you can have racing partners). My friend picked Wario and Bowser Jr., but I wanted to play as Jr., so I was kinda disappointed. But then guess who I saw on the character select screen? ROY! I was ecstatic. So I guess the game was more like a Nintendo Kart.

Anyway, I picked Roy and Diddy (it's funny as I usually pick Bowser Jr. and Diddy in Double Dash). The course the we raced on looked similar to Delfino Square (Mario Kart DS), but it was much longer. Roy's design looked like a mix between Melee and Awakening, and I can't remember if he spoke in Japanese or English. Though, I do remember commenting that he has a sexy voice...

So the race began, with Diddy as the driver and Roy in the back. I was driving through narrow pathways through streets and stuff. But, get this. The game was like Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed, whereas the karts can transform into boats when on water (dunno about the air though). So I drove off of the track, and landed in the water and the kart transformed into this boat thing, racing away.

Sometime after, I was on the land again, though I was almost in last place. BUT THEN I got Roy's special move. Maaan, it was pretty cool. The whole kart engulfed into flames and it went into turbo mode or whatever, speeding away. Since the kart is literally flames, it created a fire trail behind it (so I guess whoever drives into it gets burned). SO COOL! SO COOL! And with the push of a button, Roy can shoot two fireballs in front of him. So like I was constantly spewing out fireballs and stuff. I didn't come in first (I think second) but Diddy was all happy, jumping and whatnot. However, Roy was just sitting down, looking exhausted (perhaps because of using the special move?), but still smiled.

No joke, if they make a Super Smash Kart/Nintendo Kart/whatever, Nintendo has all my money.
Well, that was....unexpected.

But for real, I'm honestly not a super big fan of a theoretical "Nintendo Kart", though I'd probably still buy it....

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Well, that was....unexpected.

But for real, I'm honestly not a super big fan of a theoretical "Nintendo Kart", though I'd probably still buy it....
Only if Link is on Epona and Samus runs.
..and Toon Link on a floating boat cause why the **** not.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
If it's not Toad or Bowser Jr?

Then I guess it's Waluigi Time!
And if it ain't Toad, Bowser Jr., or Waluigi, then I guess it's this guy:

:troll:

Though, I honestly wouldn't care if he does somehow mange to be playable, even though Bowser Jr. is probably my most wanted Mario newcomer (that has a realistic chance, that is).

And I'm totally scared to find out what happens if Metal Mario gets the Metal Box. O_o lol

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Well, alright Roy. That's okay I guess. I feel so nonchalant about the whole thing, considering he's still way too similar to Marth.

Like the music.
This.
That was my biggest problem with Ganondorf.
Yay, he's even more a clone, moveset wise... but muh melee and that ****.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
I just saw the WORST circus of my entire life.

If you ever for some reason see Carson and Barnes coming to your town PLEASE tell everyone you know not to go.

Sorry for the off topic for a moment, my smash friends need to avoid bad circuses.

ANYWAYS...

Metal Mario is best Mario newcomer.

Dark Link for next Zelda rep? They had him in Brawl...

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Roy was added to PM??

Whatever happened to not adding new characters?

Are they replaceing old ones?

Does this mean we'll be seeing Mewtwo as well?
Yes, much to the joy of ChronoBound and Corph, much to the carnage of Fast.

shruggingshulk.png

That doesn't seem to be the case so far, but it's a possibility.

I believe so.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
They where already busy making something called a Clone Engine, and it looks they succeeded. Means they can add whatever they want, and not having to cut a character for it.

I just hope they stop with Mewtwo. Mewtwo and Roy was all that's really needed. I'd forever forsake them if they add Goku, Naruto, Waluigi or Shadow the Hedgehog.

Also, Kuma, thanks for those Hindu Pushup tips!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm not sure why anyone cares about Roy, but adding Mewtwo would be awesome!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
From what I remember of Melee, no one really cared about Roy because Marth was better

D

Deleted member

They where already busy making something called a Clone Engine, and it looks they succeeded. Means they can add whatever they want, and not having to cut a character for it.

I just hope they stop with Mewtwo. Mewtwo and Roy was all that's really needed. I'd forever forsake them if they add Goku, Naruto, Waluigi or Shadow the Hedgehog.

Also, Kuma, thanks for those Hindu Pushup tips!

That's pretty neat. You think they'll turn some of the ATs into playables as well? Goroh, Mac, Lyn, Isaac, Waluigi, Starfy, and Saki would all be much welcomed newcomers.

Cause if so PM just now became everyone's wet dream.

Yes, much to the joy of ChronoBound and Corph, much to the carnage of Fast.

shruggingshulk.png

That doesn't seem to be the case so far, but it's a possibility.

I believe so.
Yeah, I can assume so. I know I'll be getting a PM from Chrono asking me how to dl PM soon. Hahaha

Anyway, I'm very meh on Roy, and not cause it's Roy, but I just wish the PM team took more liberties in de-cloning characters like Falco, Dorf and now Roy. It would have been interesting to see more variation to his moveset. Still, him being in does bring promise... maybe? But I understand what they are trying to do, make Brawl Melee 2.0...

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Roy was added to PM??
...no.

Clone engine.
Maybe.
edit:
That's pretty neat. You think they'll turn some of the ATs into playables as well? Goroh, Mac, Lyn, Isaac, Waluigi, Starfy, and Saki would all be much welcomed newcomers.
Pretty sure not. They've hinted that even with the clone engine it's difficult to add new characters, so they'll probably only limit it to 2 or 3 total.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just think it's a little weird people went from disliking/ not caring about Roy to him suddenly having a stronger support group in these years.

Did him not getting into Brawl start this thing? Or were they just a silent fan base?

Especially since his game never got (at least) an American release.

D

Deleted member

Pretty sure not. They've hinted that even with the clone engine it's difficult to add new characters, so they'll probably only limit it to 2 or 3 total.

That's disappointing. So, I guess it'll be Roy, Mewtwo and Doc if I had to guess...

I just think it's a little weird people went from disliking/ not caring about Roy to him suddenly having a stronger support group in these years.

Did him not getting into Brawl start this thing?

Or were the just more silent

I've always felt it was cause he was cut, but what do I know...

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Roy was added to PM??

After seeing this? I can see it happening. Sue why not.
I just wished they added the rest of the existing cast before they give us these throw back characters.
Like the music.
I agree the music is pretty dope.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Apperantly, Mewtwo was already confirmed by acident. This is only from a comment I read either on here, or on YouTube, so no source.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
That's disappointing. So, I guess it'll be Roy, Mewtwo and Doc if I had to guess...
Well, Mario already has most of the things that made Doc unique/good incorporated into his moveset. Strangely enough a lot of people(from my perspective anyway) seem to be predicting/hoping that, if there is another clone engine character beyond Mewtwo, it might be Pichu.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Well, Mario already has most of the things that made Doc unique/good incorporated into his moveset. Strangely enough a lot of people(from my perspective anyway) seem to be predicting/hoping that, if there is another clone engine character beyond Mewtwo, it might be Pichu.

If Pichu was done right like some suggestions have had people would LOVE having Pichu back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom