• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you my Fanfiction which I have at long last given up on (after about four years), and have posted to both Fanfiction.net and here for critique and entertainment.
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-symbol-afterglow.340450/
Now, I'm working on a new one that doesn't have such flaws and wanton editing. I'm going to prewrite, and create an outline as I go along, no doubt I will periodically fall into the trap of perfectionist editing to make the text as inconsistent as possible.
Anyways, I hope that Smash 4 will bring for me a new surge of creative passion for the next one, which is going far more swimmingly at a much faster rate, though I anticipate a roadblock soon.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
On a more serious note, basically Roy with his properties (fall speed, awesome shffls, etc) but with Marth's moves/tipper.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you my Fanfiction which I have at long last given up on (after about four years), and have posted to both Fanfiction.net and here for critique and entertainment.
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-symbol-afterglow.340450/
Sounds interesting. I'll be sure to read it when I have the time.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Watch from 2:50 onwards, and let your jaw hit the nearest underlying object.
Maan, I just wish Roy was this cool. Roy being able to Ken Combo (or having some other awesome combo skillz) would be very satisfying haha.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@KumaOso: Toadsworth should be Peach's B, and Toad should be a full character. Or just make Toad a full character, and just don't give him that particular costume that Peach's Neutral B has. Simple.

D

Deleted member

Hm, I do think my thoughts have changed over the years. I'm a bit more serious video game collector, compared to a couple years ago (pretty strange, huh?). It's a shame as a 360, and I pretty much enjoy it, but I'm not planning to get an X-Box One. I'd definitely love to support Nintendo, so yeah. I've already got a Wii U, now I'm just waiting patiently for the good games haha. Uh, there's probably more I'd like to say, but I just have a bit of trouble expressing my thoughts lol. And for some reason I'm a slow typer tonight >.> haha.

But yeah, for me video gaming is one of the few entertainment mediums I follow. That and anime/manga (more so on manga though). At times I feel that my passion for gaming has wind down, and that kinda scares me haha. I do like this passion...

You said that you might get into PC gaming in the future, have you played any PC games before? If I'm not playing on Nintendo consoles, then you'd probably find me playing PC games haha.
It's really a shame that the Xbox One was revealed as essentially a "**** you" to gamers all over the world. I'm not the type of person who cares about the Xbox, but I might have considered it if it wasn't so obvious that Microsoft wanted to implement those horrible policies and could implement those at any time.

I have played a few PC games, but those were a long time ago. They were Roller Coaster Tycoon games/licensed games/SimCity 3000/educational games. Thinking about it; I'd like to build two PCs for gaming; a classic one and a modern one, although it's a plan for the distant future.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Guess which characters are now massively asked for in P:M with the new clone engine...?

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I believe you'll want this instead.
Haha, I'm like a huge fan of MMD and, recently, I've become of fan of Vocaloid (thanks to my sister >.> lol). Not gonna happen, but I'd pay whatever to have Miku in Smash. =P

It's really a shame that the Xbox One was revealed as essentially a "**** you" to gamers all over the world. I'm not the type of person who cares about the Xbox, but I might have considered it if it wasn't so obvious that Microsoft wanted to implement those horrible policies and could implement those at any time.

I have played a few PC games, but those were a long time ago. They were Roller Coaster Tycoon games/licensed games/SimCity 3000/educational games. Thinking about it; I'd like to build two PCs for gaming; a classic one and a modern one, although it's a plan for the distant future.
Heh, I'm a big fan of the Roller Coaster Tycoon games and I used to play it a lot when I was a kid. I think they're pretty fun games. But I totally have respect for you if you plan on building PCs in the distant future. I've know some classmates who've built there own custom laptops and all. And it's pretty sick when you get to see them (even if it looks basic, it's still cool).

I would at least enjoy Roy more if he wasn't a poor-mans Marth in Super Smash Bros. I guess he's alright to play as, but when Marth is available it doesn't feel necessary to use Roy.
So you feel that Roy is not really needed? Would you feel differently if Roy's almost as effective and placement on the tier list is relatively close to Marth's? (So basically it could come down to who's playstyle you prefer to use). Unfortunately, clones were late additions so I understand a bit, but compared to like Dr. Mario and Mario or the other clones, excluding Pichu... like why does Roy fail majorly in comparison to Marth? Was he harder to flesh out?... dunno. But yeah, I really wished Roy was worked on/fleshed out a bit more, in terms of making that crappy tipper work in the long run, etc, etc.

If it's worth anything, though, I do like Roy's properties compared to Marth (strange, huh?). Me like his fast fall speed. And PH1R3. Can't forget about that. But yeah, I do like his clunky "feel"... it's kinda weird.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
So you feel that Roy is not really needed? Would you feel differently if Roy's almost as effective and placement on the tier list is relatively close to Marth's? (So basically it could come down to who's playstyle you prefer to use). Unfortunately, clones were late additions so I understand a bit, but compared to like Dr. Mario and Mario or the other clones, excluding Pichu... like why does Roy fail majorly in comparison to Marth? Was he harder to flesh out?... dunno. But yeah, I really wished Roy was worked on/fleshed out a bit more, in terms of making that crappy tipper work in the long run, etc, etc.

If it's worth anything, though, I do like Roy's properties compared to Marth (strange, huh?). Me like his fast fall speed. And PH1R3. Can't forget about that. But yeah, I do like his clunky "feel"... it's kinda weird.
No, Roy just needs to stay the **** out of Smash period.

Don't mind me, just patrolling for illegal Roy's again.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

This was posted on the Shantae update. It's their own fan art of Shantae wearing Mighty's clothing

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
Well he's still a boy, but he's not a man. He'd be a man if he wore a pretty dress. Ask Oasis, he knows the secrets.
But didn't Fire Emblem Awakening already declare Marth is a woman? You heard that voice Marth had, and his physique in the game did not look male at all. Seriously look at Chrom's physique then look at Marth's in the game you will notice something. Then again I could go on a rant about how when I was in middle school I though Masahiro Sakurai (creator of smash) was a woman when I first saw him, but that's just off topic...
All I found in his box was an embarrassing picture of John from the Christmas party.
I can't wait until John sees this comment. LOL

IntelliHeath1

Smash Ace
Alright, I decided to add something in the tunnel for lulz. Please look harder and see if you can see it.

If you see it, then please don't spoil other people because I would like it if they can looking for themselves.

here is the link.

http://i.imgur.com/Cc7oM9H.gif

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Roy is perfectly fine for Smash and always was. He already was in Melee, was absolutely planned for Brawl, and there's no reason for Project M to not restore him if they're going to restore any of the Forbidden 7 at all. Especially someone who was easy to recreate. Dixie actually would be difficult. Toon Zelda/Toon Sheik probably wouldn't be hard at all, they'd just have to adjust the damage and speed of both a bit. Similar to how Toon Link is. Only silly part is 4 of the same Final Smash, which is worse than 3 Landmasters...

Also, would be nice if I didn't have to press "Post Reply" over 4 times now. :/

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Toon Sheik... Please no. I thought I had already eliminated that devil.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Umm... yeah, Roy is not perfectly fine in Super Smash Bros. For Christ sake I've said this multiple times, Roy is basically an inferior copy of Marth, a character that suffers from very clunky design choices that ultimately creates an awkward misstep. That character needs an overhaul to be worth the discussion.

I'd still take Roy over Chrom or Lucina though.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
He does. I'm gonna see how Project M handles him, and look if he becomes anything worth a success instead of always deemed to be lite-Marth with fire. If he's gonna be in Smash 4, he needs to be Luigified, and his Sword of Seal's hitboxes redone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom